6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

I think he's gotten too used to playing with non threatening players like Wout and has developed a habit of doing it all by himself. Hopefully with Martial's return we'll see a more balanced version of him. He and Tony have always had great chemistry.
Maybe so, but that's kids stuff, thinking everyone else is shit I have to do it myself.

If Martial can stay fit, it will be somewhat of a plus, his link up play coming off the left has always been good, few examples tonight. The two of them interchanging on that side would be more threatening than Sancho.

Doracle

I think he's gotten too used to playing with non threatening players like Wout and has developed a habit of doing it all by himself. Hopefully with Martial's return we'll see a more balanced version of him. He and Tony have always had great chemistry.
Yeah, didn’t see tonight but it’s been clear he’s been frustrated playing with Wout on occasion. The link up he would have with Kane would be amazing if we can sort that for next season.

Sylar

Another winning goal from him. Good stuff, and that skill in the second half that almost created a chance (which ended in a corner)... Fantastic

Rustyspider13

Maybe so, but that's kids stuff, thinking everyone else is shit I have to do it myself.

If Martial can stay fit, it will be somewhat of a plus, his link up play coming off the left has always been good, few examples tonight. The two of them interchanging on that side would be more threatening than Sancho.
True. You expect better from professionals. He's entering into his prime now, needs to mentally take that next step to keep this level.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Where the feck would we be without this man?

When any of our other forwards fancy stepping up and helping out.....we would be perfectly happy with that ffs. Jesus wept. No wonder we don't score many goals.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think he is much better player with Martial as CF, their link up play is always very good.

Hopefully Martial starts vs Everton, need one more player who is an attacking threat, right now it's only Rashford.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
All the sellers/haters are more stupid than liverpool loyal fans. Some called Rashford shit & inconsistent just after our loss vs newcastle.
our fanbase is the most inconsistent & shit thing in the world.

Olecurls99

Getting hard to make a case against him as our POTY, who knows where we'd be in the table without his goals
Very true.

Casemiro has probably ruled himself out with the 8 game suspension.

I don't think we can give it to our centre backs given the amount of goals we've conceded, even though I think they have been brilliant.

Rashford is just the obvious choice really

VivaRonaldo85

I dread to think where we’d be if he hadn’t fired this season. His goals alone have literally lifted us into the top 4.

arnie_ni

Getting hard to make a case against him as our POTY, who knows where we'd be in the table without his goals
If he signs a new deal (ultimately being here for life) he should break Rooneys record right? 140 behind, 6 25 goal seasons? Should be doable under ETH with an improved squad

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There was a chance from an Antony ball where he swung a leg at it but would've loved to have seen him do a diving header. I think he'd have reached it if that was the case but it just seems to be something he doesn't do.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There was a chance from an Antony ball where he swung a leg at it but would've loved to have seen him do a diving header. I think he'd have reached it if that was the case but it just seems to be something he doesn't do.
To be fair that was a shot (despite the commentator pretending that Antony might have been looking for Rashford) so it would have been incredibly hard to time a diving header at such a powerfully struck ball.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
To be fair that was a shot (despite the commentator pretending that Antony might have been looking for Rashford) so it would have been incredibly hard to time a diving header at such a powerfully struck ball.
Could imagine Cavani launching himself at that though.

Sylar

Pray for rashford...

Reckon if it wasn't martial, he would have shot haha

Lecland07

Hopefully, that isn't too bad, but he looked like he could barely walk going down the corridor.

redom

Looked to be moving very gingerly which isn't a great sign but we'll just have to wait and see.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Really annoying that we can't get our best players fit at the same time. Hopefully this one isnt too bad.

At least Martial is back for now.

-Supreme-

Doubt he was really injured and I wouldn’t be surprised that he was always going to be rotated next week against Seville regardless of the situation today, with Martial returning.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We're not allowed to have him and Martial fit at the same time anymore :(

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What makes me positive is the fact he was still walking relatively ok afterwards. Again going from my personal experience which is worth what it is, when I tore my groin, I could not put a foot on the ground. Driving was extremely problematic as any micro movement of those muscles would trigger pain

eire-red

Sometimes you think he's a gonner and it's not that bad. It will obviously be a big loss for us, but better that it happens now when we have some players coming back into the squad.

Hoping that it's more precautionary than anything and he just felt a little tweak and didn't want to risk it at 2-0.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
There is no good time for being injured of course but timing of this injury couldn't be worse.
In next 30 days we have both cups and Spurs and Brighton away in PL. Cluster feck

BarstoolProphet

Carried us during injury and suspension issues. No wonder a muscle injury caught up with him in the end. Only 2,5 days since he last played.

Status
Not open for further replies.