Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Felt his body language has been strange the last couple of games. Certainly against Newcastle and again yesterday. The smile has gone and there was almost a swagger of expectation that things would just happen for him, and very slight petulance when they didn’t. Could be the contract talks behind the scenes. Or of course could just be me!
Perhaps its just life right? We can’t all be happy and cheerful every day. They are human beings mate.

ClassOf'99

He definitely wasn't terrible yesterday. He was a constant threat and deserved the assist for the second goal.

I'm not sure if you understand football a lot if you are convinced that this was a "terrible" performance.
My understanding of football is fine, my criticism is the missed chances to put the game out of sight, I just have higher expectations of a leading line number 9 than many in here it seems.

ClassOf'99

Poor take.
You take Rashford out of that team yesterday and the team performance wouldn’t have been amazing. His runs behind the defence were what was giving Sancho and Antony the freedom to find space. He also was heavily involved in the first goal and assisted the second but yeah terrible
That's a poor take like Rashford is the only player capable of running in behind?

If Rashford finished the chances Bruno gifted him on a plate then we would've been out of sight at the half, so yeah a terrible game by the player playing number 9 aka Striker, you know the players suppose to put the ball in the net.

Get In Scholesy

Just remember this utter garbage is coming from same guy who did dirty on his ill wife with her best friend so not a bit surprised
I go out of my way to not watch Bein because of him and Gray. Both terrible humans and pundits. I just happened to watch the interview only to hear him spout this shit a few seconds later.

Maureen-yo

That's a poor take like Rashford is the only player capable of running in behind?

If Rashford finished the chances Bruno gifted him on a plate then we would've been out of sight at the half, so yeah a terrible game by the player playing number 9 aka Striker, you know the players suppose to put the ball in the net.
Yeah now I think about it, you’re right, if a striker doesn’t score in a game then he must have been terrible, we should ignore all the other contributions and just judge said striker on that. Glad you clarified it.
Martial who drops deep and hardly ever runs in behind and also doesn’t have the pace of Rashford to worry centrebacks or Weghorst who doesn’t run in behind at all and is as slow as a trawler anyway, which one are you referring to when you talk about the other players capable of running in behind in the same way as Rashford?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Felt his body language has been strange the last couple of games. Certainly against Newcastle and again yesterday. The smile has gone and there was almost a swagger of expectation that things would just happen for him, and very slight petulance when they didn’t. Could be the contract talks behind the scenes. Or of course could just be me!
Martial’s back now. He’ll be happy with his treacherous twin

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I noticed this too.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He looked tired. Like he was just waiting for the inevitable injury. Those years of too much stress under Ole maybe scarred him a bit. Maybe that's why he points at his head.

Giggsyking

Hmm the fact it’s actually a groin injury and not just cramp is a worry in itself. Groin injury’s aren’t normally that short.
The problem with abductor muscle injury they can be chronic if you mismanage the rehabilitation, It must be given the time to heal right. From what it looked he limped with pain so he is at least second degree strain and it will take weeks to come back. Every person is different and professional athletes has access to better rehab options but I am afraid he will be out for big chunk of the remainder of the season. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

ti vu

The point is, neither are comfortable.
That's not true.

2 goal lead at home deep into second half, that's comfortable scoreline. If it takes 3 goal lead to feel comfortable, we must have living a dream before this season because managers switching tactic, making sub is common practice with 2 goal lead deep into second half.

He explained his decision to keep Rashford on was due to the intention to get Martial get more familiar with Rashford. He may even realize himself that saying two goal lead at home deep into second half is not comfortable would sound overly cautious.

The injury is unpredictable, but ETH doesn't make a good argument for himself when he didn't sub Bruno at all this game. The amount of minutes Bruno had played is also insane. This game the 5th sub was left unused.

Last edited:

gajender

Rashford injury is Unfortunate maybe he could have been subbed earlier and criticism against Ten Hag in terms of rotation and handling minutes of some players is also a valid one but so is his complaint against the schedule .

But the funny part is posters acting surprised at football manager being hypocrite who knew right .

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's not true.

2 goal lead at home deep into second half, that's comfortable scoreline. If it takes 3 goal lead to feel comfortable, we must have living a dream before this season because managers switching tactic, making sub is common practice with 2 goal lead deep into second half.

He explained his decision to keep Rashford on was due to the intention to get Martial get more familiar with Rashford. He may even realize himself that saying two goal lead at home deep into second half is not comfortable would sound overly cautious.

The injury is unpredictable, but ETH doesn't make a good argument for himself when he didn't sub Bruno at all this game. The amount of minutes Bruno had played is also insane. This game the 5th sub was left unused.
I’m afraid it is true. It’s basically a fact.

ti vu

I’m afraid it is true. It’s basically a fact.
Agree to disagree then.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/fergie-plays-down-ronaldo-reaction-919102
"I've got to think about keeping our players as fresh as we can for the games ahead."

" (Ronaldo) fury at being replaced by Paul Scholes in the 58th minute with United leading 2-0."

http://en.espn.co.uk/blogs/sport/story/348239.html

"Manchester United had never previously lost after going two up in a Premier League match. Before this they had drawn only 11 matches from such a position - and won 363." This was going through all the seasons under SAF and Moyes season until LVG infamous game against Leicester.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

I'm sorry mate but you have an agenda. You're having a go at Rashford constantly on here even though he's bleeding carried this team this season. Have a day off.

The rest of the forwards are the reason top 4 isn't secure yet. Rashford has done his part and more on top. If you can't see this then you DO have an agenda.

He's scored 28 goals in all comps and 10 match winners alone. That's the equivalent of 20pts gained in just his winners.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No luck with injuries as usual. We need to get some proper squad depth in the Summer. If Rashford is out for the season it’s a disaster for us.

Marwood

I reckon he'll be alright. Not out too long. Rashford likes a bit of a hobble. All part of the down on his luck vibe that's crept into his game as he's got older.

ti vu

I reckon he'll be alright. Not out too long. Rashford likes a bit of a hobble. All part of the down on his luck vibe that's crept into his game as he's got older.
Depends on severe of injury. Last year, Haaland missed about 3 month with his groin injury. Recently, he's only out for about 2 week with groin injury after visit Barcelona doctor.

Muscle injury is not very kind for older players. If you can predict luck you could have got rich enough to even buy football club.

glasgow 21

When can we all accept that it's unfortunate, unlucky , not planned, and move on? . I wonder sometimes if there are supporters who just want to moan 99% of time as that is what the last 10 years have conditioned them too. There is habit of pessimism that needs to be broken and that circumstances arise out of everyones control that should be brushed under the carpet and move on. Rashford is out and its not his or Ten Hag's fault. Its the gamble every manager and player experiences on the pitch. Rashford could have as easily played another hour without injury or his groin could have went in the first 10 mins of the match. The team will adapt and have a game plan to cope until he is back. We all hope we are in a positive position when he is back.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Against decent opposition, sure. But this was as comfortable a 2-0 as you'll see, and considering we very rarely get more comfortable than that (unfortunately) we should be looking to take the opportunities when they come.
Best players always play. Haaland starts every game for City and is subbed only when game is put to bed. Salah, Kane, Saka play always too.
No matter how much depth team have, your best players will always start and play nearly whole game. 2:0 is not result for which you can say that game is over.

This was just bad luck. And nothing else

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Duh....Yeah...Rashford is our only player capable of running in behind frequently and beating defenders with his pace.
He missed good chances against Everton, it wasn't his day, but who else gets goals for us this season and buries chances on a constant basis? Name me that player...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If I had to guess it's 2-3 weeks which will obviously be a number of games, particularly if we manage to progress in the Europa league without him, but it didn't look like a season ender to me. Reckon he's back end of the month at the latest.

Marwood

Who else is doing so with any kind of consistency?

redshaw

Good thing was he stopped immediately and didn't try to run it off or hobble around waiting for a sub.

Regarding his body language, I'm probably reading too much into it but I feel he has a resigned look like he's enjoying his form and life at OT but he knows he's off to PSG on double or treble the money. We can't match what they would pay and I bet his girlfriend is urging him as well so they can live in Paris, time for a change etc.

Going to be an odd dynamic if Qatar do buy us owning PSG, you'd think paying that much we'd be priority but it's also the player, I still think there's a small chance he could go even under Qatar and we get a big money replacement.

ClassOf'99

I'm sorry mate but you have an agenda. You're having a go at Rashford constantly on here even though he's bleeding carried this team this season. Have a day off.

The rest of the forwards are the reason top 4 isn't secure yet. Rashford has done his part and more on top. If you can't see this then you DO have an agenda.

He's scored 28 goals in all comps and 10 match winners alone. That's the equivalent of 20pts gained in just his winners.
I would love to see all these posts where I constantly have a go at Marcus.

Even though a few replies back I was giving his seasonal performance a rave review. Like I've explained as an isolated game he had a terrible one.

You don't need to throw his stats at me as I have been watching every game this season.

Marcus form Vs the Everton game, you know the standard he has set this season, it was a poor performance.

I didn't know just because he's your favourite player that he's exempt from criticism, when I'm sure by his own standards he will feel the game was poor from him.

ClassOf'99

Duh....Yeah...Rashford is our only player capable of running in behind frequently and beating defenders with his pace.
He missed good chances against Everton, it wasn't his day, but who else gets goals for us this season and buries chances on a constant basis? Name me that player...
You do realise this is my point? Hence why I would chalk it as a poor performance, and hopefully a one off as we will need him.

ClassOf'99

Who else is doing so with any kind of consistency?
That's the problem though, consistency is my criticism of Rashford in just this game.

All the weight is on Marcus to perform (I get it) and those chances would've put the game to bed before HT, hence my criticism, we only have Antony at the moment making those runs, but Garnacho & Facundo are capable.

And hopefully now with Martial back he will pick up the slack, as without Marcus & Garnacho we will be limited to Antony/Facundo to be the ball in behind.

Dominos

Only reason to think it may not be that serious is Rashford is a bit of a drama queen, he limps around every game at some point and limps off whenever he's subbed and still starts the next game.

This one is probably different as he's actually pulled up and asked to be subbed.

Knowing our look he'll miss the rest of the season and we can kiss top 4 goodbye.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Most Goal contributions in Europe's top leagues this season

Ideally you’d want a few more assists but then I thought to myself there’s been nobody to assist to outside of Martial’s 6 PL starts and Bruno playing everywhere but no.10 for chunks of this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.