6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olecurls99

Biggest season in his career. He's been on a downward trajectory for a couple of years now.
Hopefully he can get back to the 2018-2020 form and even kick on. He's nearly 25 now and these can be the best 4 years of a fantastic career or can peter out.
Let's go Rashy!!!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Firmino and Diaz are definitely squad players at Liverpool next season as Jota has probably played himself into the first XI. Sterling was so expendable last season at City he is being sold. Grealish and Mahrez are part of the squad. Yet you bring up Origi. Really weird and frankly nonsense reply.

And my point about 07-09 United was relevant as you said you can’t have a team full of superstars whereas Rashford isn’t even on the level of our weakest first teamers at the time. In fact I would take Chicharito, Nani and Park over him all day long. All of which who actually were squad players at the time.

And while yes we just brought in a quality coach and manager, Rashford has only ever has consistent success on the counter after his breakthrough. So expecting him to suddenly turn into a footballer now is about as logical as those who expected Lukaku to smash it at Chelsea last season. Never happening.

But with all that said I hope he proves me wrong. Though he won’t.
Saying Origi wasn't squad player is nonsense and your post is full of it. I will repeat the question again, do you know what squad is? Do you know it's more than 11-14 players?

"Rashford has only ever has consistent success on the counter after his breakthrough" this nonsense again. When did we play any other system apart from counter attacking system after Van Gaal? I mean saying Rashford might be suited for counter attacking system is one thing, coming up with shit like "He only had success with counter attacking system" is laughable. Which other system was implemented and under which possession manager he failed to deliver?

Forget all that, which manager implemented possession system after Van Gaal?

Coming up with nonsense like "expecting him to suddenly turn into a footballer now", what is he then? Is he not a footballer? I didn't know a random plumber or carpenter could score 20+ goals in consecutive seasons.

roonster09

Scout
You still didn't answer the question though. I know he's not as good as previous players mentioned, that much is obvious.

I'll help you.

The answer is no. He's not good enough to lead the line.
I hope he gets there but up to now, absolutely not.
What the feck is leading the line? Are you telling us "Rashford is not a good striker'? Please tell us :lol:

Frank White

You still didn't answer the question though. I know he's not as good as previous players mentioned, that much is obvious.

I'll help you.

The answer is no. He's not good enough to lead the line.
I hope he gets there but up to now, absolutely not.
I'm confused now, Rashford has never been the player to "lead the line" and when he has it's been out of desperation.

roonster09

Scout
Here’s some stats to prove you need your eyes testing.

https://www.kickest.it/en/premier-league/stats/players/total-dribbles/2020-2021

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...he-10-highest-dribblers-in-the-premier-league

The arrogance displayed by some with the oh I don’t need to prove anything, sheesh, what a load of tosh.
You should have used fbref, it gives lot of good info. Rashford was at 93 percentile in league for dribbles completed per 90 mins, IIRC he was second only to Adama in total dribbles completed.

NZT-One

Strange re-writing of history in regards to Rashford, his problems most definitely started pre-injury.

The issue is he became one dimensional and just made poor decisions and constantly ran into players. He purposefully dropped his effort off the ball so he had energy to sprint.

If he's going to work in ETH's system he'll need to completely change his style. He'll need to press, he'll need to look for the quick pass and he'll need to improve his passing/decision making.
I agree with that. The wheels fell off after the season, where him, Martial and Greenwood really shined. Lot of it is probably connected to other teams still underestimating us therefor let us play on the counter. Rashford in that season tried to create and facilitate for other, it was great to see. The year after, he fell into a hole, especially his decision making went completely out of the window, all the strikers wanted to be the mainman, wanted others to create for them. Rashford still had a good games here and there, but often, iirc, this was connected with a bad decision like running into 3 people working somehow. It still were bad decisions though.

Lets hope, the current trainer team is able to teach him a thing or two, Rashford has lots of the tools necessary to succeed in the PL, he is fast, he can be a good dribbler and his finishing is good. Now somebody has to get his head in shape, to bring him into positions, where his strength can shine. Same applies for Bruno too btw.

Do I think, Rashford can make it work? I am a bit worried, but Pep made something out of Sterling, so that gives me hope. Rashford might not be the awesome player we all hoped he would become but he still can be a vital player.

EtH

Saying Origi wasn't squad player is nonsense and your post is full of it. I will repeat the question again, do you know what squad is? Do you know it's more than 11-14 players?

"Rashford has only ever has consistent success on the counter after his breakthrough" this nonsense again. When did we play any other system apart from counter attacking system after Van Gaal? I mean saying Rashford might be suited for counter attacking system is one thing, coming up with shit like "He only had success with counter attacking system" is laughable. Which other system was implemented and under which possession manager he failed to deliver?

Forget all that, which manager implemented possession system after Van Gaal?

Coming up with nonsense like "expecting him to suddenly turn into a footballer now", what is he then? Is he not a footballer? I didn't know a random plumber or carpenter could score 20+ goals in consecutive seasons.
I say “City and Liverpool have squad players better than Rashford” and you conveniently ignore all of those players and mention Origi and Minawhoever.

I say “Rashford has only had success on the counter” and you say “When have we ever played any other way ?” which conveniently dismisses many matches where teams sat in against us and Rashford looked shit because he wasn’t playing on the break.

I say “Expecting him to turn into a footballer now is madness” and you take it literally fecking literal and start talking about plumbers.

I quit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It’s going to be a great season next season.

Either Rashford fails and is shown to be finally not good enough

or;

He gets back to form and middle fingers all these shite fans with every second goal.

Win Win situation for United as a fan base.

roonster09

Scout
I agree with that. The wheels fell off after the season, where him, Martial and Greenwood really shined. Lot of it is probably connected to other teams still underestimating us therefor let us play on the counter. Rashford in that season tried to create and facilitate for other, it was great to see. The year after, he fell into a hole, especially his decision making went completely out of the window, all the strikers wanted to be the mainman, wanted others to create for them. Rashford still had a good games here and there, but often, iirc, this was connected with a bad decision like running into 3 people working somehow. It still were bad decisions though.

Lets hope, the current trainer team is able to teach him a thing or two, Rashford has lots of the tools necessary to succeed in the PL, he is fast, he can be a good dribbler and his finishing is good. Now somebody has to get his head in shape, to bring him into positions, where his strength can shine. Same applies for Bruno too btw.

Do I think, Rashford can make it work? I am a bit worried, but Pep made something out of Sterling, so that gives me hope. Rashford might not be the awesome player we all hoped he would become but he still can be a vital player.
Good post, agree with the summary. Like you said, there was 0 team play in our game, IIRC Martial was the only one who was unselfish in his play. Rashford and Greendwood were too selfish and then Bruno who always tried to be a hero. It's like players forgot football is a team game, instead of picking right passes, everyone went for glory.

Hopefully it won't be the case now, first time in years we might see some sort of team work from our players.

roonster09

Scout
I say “City and Liverpool have squad players better than Rashford” and you conveniently ignore all of those players and mention Origi and Minawhoever.

I say “Rashford has only had success on the counter” and you say “When have we ever played any other way ?” which conveniently dismisses many matches where teams sat in against us and Rashford looked shit because he wasn’t playing on the break.

I say “Expecting him to turn into a footballer now is madness” and you take it literally fecking literal and start talking about plumbers.

I quit.
You should have quit after first post, that was more than enough. Good to see how the history is rewritten, Rashford never played well against shit teams. That's the new narrative now.

Bebestation

Rashford played through injury -

the Anti Rashford’s - his form fell before injury!

Duh! Because he was playing through injury and didn’t take time out

roonster09

Scout

or;

He gets back to form and middle fingers all these shite fans with every second goal.

It's not a win-win situation tbh, who cares about toxic internet fans. If Rashford fails then we have to spend money to sign one more attacker. We have too many holes in the team.

It's a lose-lose situation. If he plays bad, then we can't sell him at all or for good money, then we have to buy replacement who will cost good money.

EtH

You should have quit after first post, that was more than enough. Good to see how the history is rewritten, Rashford never played well against shit teams. That's the new narrative now.
I never even said this. You are coming off really strange.

Red_toad

You should have used fbref, it gives lot of good info. Rashford was at 93 percentile in league for dribbles completed per 90 mins, IIRC he was second only to Adama in total dribbles completed.
OP wouldn’t have cared as they’ve watched Marcus and he’s never been very good at anything really according to them :lol: . Hoping he really kicks on this season and we see how good he really can be.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
What the feck is leading the line? Are you telling us "Rashford is not a good striker'? Please tell us :lol:
Still didn't answer the question.

I'm off to talk to my 10 year old that will make more sense than you.

Cheerio :lol:

roonster09

Scout
I never even said this. :lol:

Sure.

roonster09

Scout
Still didn't answer the question.

I'm off to talk to my 10 year old that will make more sense than you.

Cheerio :lol:
Maybe you should ask your 10 year old to post on caf, surely he wouldn't make shit posts like you do. Asked a simple question, "What does leading line mean" and you can't even answer that. Maybe ask your 10 year old, he might help you.

EtH

Sure.
I’m not sure whether it’s a comprehension issue or a massive straw-man addiction or a combination of both, but you don’t seem capable of or willing to actually reply to what I’m actually saying.

So like I said, I quit.

roonster09

Scout
I’m not sure whether it’s a comprehension issue or a massive straw-man addiction or a combination of both, but you don’t seem capable of or willing to actually reply to what I’m actually saying.

So like I said, I quit.
Maybe it's issue with your posts and how it's all over the place.

Like I said you should have quit after first post. It was more than enough.

roonster09

Scout
OP wouldn’t have cared as they’ve watched Marcus and he’s never been very good at anything really according to them :lol: . Hoping he really kicks on this season and we see how good he really can be.
It's fine though, they don't have agenda. They judge players neutrally :lol:

EtH

Maybe it's issue with your posts and how it's all over the place.

Like I said you should have quit after first post. It was more than enough.
You’re right. I should have. Trying to communicate with you has been a massive waste of time.

roonster09

Scout
You’re right. I should have. Trying to communicate with you has been a massive waste of time.
There is nothing to communicate, you made shit post and then twisted it.

I thought you quit :lol:

Frank White

"I quit" but i need to have the last word :lol: boys lets use the thread for what it's intended for? We're going to be on page 100 by the time he kicks a ball....

EtH

"I quit" but i need to have the last word :lol: boys lets use the thread for what it's intended for? We're going to be on page 100 by the time he kicks a ball....
Fair enough. I just can’t believe some of the replies from this guy. Descending further into adolescence with each response.

No, don't worry they won't be taking away your likes.
They should take yours away.

gorky_utd

I still don't understand what happened last season. He was not even trying. He should be at his peak now considering how long he is playing. Just look at vinicius.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

or;

If Rashford middle fingers fans after his performances last season then he deserves to have that finger bitten off.

Bebestation

Two years of shite and anyone who points it out is a WUM
Just as the same quarter of the fan base that acts like he was never injured and injuries don’t destroy players - specially kick and run players like Rashford.

Soon as people mention that it’s called an excuse.

Just pure Wum stuff like he never had injuries in his life the same 10-20% around the time his form completely fell off.

The same ‘fan, fans’ sit here bumping up the Rashford thread talking the same shit every day.

Blood Mage

My expectations for him are rock bottom. This season is his very last chance to prove he's still worth a damn at this level.

Frank White

Two years of shite and anyone who points it out is a WUM
Obviously not but when people like yourself who genuinely only seem to critic one player there seems to be ulterior motives behind it. Do you not have any other gripe with any player in this team? Like Rashford was shite last year but reading your post history you would think it was down to solely him :lol:

Bebestation

Obviously not but when people like yourself who genuinely only seem to critic one player there seems to be ulterior motives behind it. Do you not have any other gripe with any player in this team? Like Rashford was shite last year but reading your post history you would think it was down to solely him :lol:
This. This. This. And This.

Olecurls99

Here’s some stats to prove you need your eyes testing.

https://www.kickest.it/en/premier-league/stats/players/total-dribbles/2020-2021

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...he-10-highest-dribblers-in-the-premier-league

The arrogance displayed by some with the oh I don’t need to prove anything, sheesh, what a load of tosh.
I have never even heard of these sites and they are certainly not reputable. Fbref has much different and not surprisingly much lower stats for Rashford in the successful dribble column, whatever that means. I have always found it a bizarre stat no matter who is reporting it though. One with far too much room for interpretation. Is it successful if a player just manages to keep the ball long enough to attempt a daft cross or pass or shot ? Or if a player keeps the ball long enough running into blind alleys before losing it ?

Probably a discussion for another thread. But the point remains that I don’t think the stat is one to put much stock in or that it proves Rashford has ever been able to consistently beat defenders.
I don't know how to post media sources but his successful dribbling % fell off a cliff last season.

It was 35% and the season before it was at 54%. Now 54% is by no means good but considering he dribbles more than almost everybody in the league it can be forgiven.

Losing the ball 2 out of 3 attempts shows how bad he was last year though.

Mahrez in comparison averaged above 60% over the past 3 seasons.

Chairman Steve

He has a huge benchmark to reach if he’s going to be here long-term.

On his wages, he has to be a consistent starter in the team. A player on that much money can’t be a consistent sub, especially when the starters who’s taken his positions in the team are on less and are delivering.

The nonchalant body language on the pitch last season was worrying. I think if he was seen trying and stuff just wasnt coming off then people would be more forgiving about it, but it didn’t look that. As someone mentioned, there was one instance where he could have pounced on a loose ball in the penalty box to at worst make the opposition goalkeeper panic and at best score a goal, but he barely broke a sweat and just strolled back. It was one of the times when everyone going apeshit mad seemed justified.

Then we’ve got the issue of his contract running down. The cynical view could be that he plays his bollocks off to get that juicy new contract and then reverts back to being what we’ve been seeing the past 12 months at least. That nonchant body language would fuel that cynicism, and you’d only have to look to Aubameyang and Arsenal to see a similar example of falling into that trap.

And finally even if he is truly committed, and he does improve his stats, there’s no guarantee that ETH is going to like him and play him regularly. He is one of the biggest earners at the club and when you’re on the big bucks, the pressure to perform is huge. You can’t just fall back into being an impact sub as a top earner. You’ve reached the point of no return in that instance because no-ones going to lower their own wages. You have to be a starter and you have to perform to justify those wages or face leaving quite soon… and if ETH can’t fit him in, then he’ll say to sell him as he’s surplus to requirements.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Meh Sancho is on nearly double the wages of Rashford.

This time next year it might be Rashford’s who has a contract we can keep whilst Sancho is performing the same or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.