6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Meh Sancho is on nearly double the wages of Rashford.

This time next year it might be Rashford’s who has a contract we can keep whilst Sancho is performing the same or less.
Again conjuring things out of thin air. Both are on similar wages. Sancho is £250k a week with Rashford around the same.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He has a huge benchmark to reach if he’s going to be here long-term.

On his wages, he has to be a consistent starter in the team. A player on that much money can’t be a consistent sub, especially when the starters who’s taken his positions in the team are on less and are delivering.

The nonchalant body language on the pitch last season was worrying. I think if he was seen trying and stuff just wasnt coming off then people would be more forgiving about it, but it didn’t look that. As someone mentioned, there was one instance where he could have pounced on a loose ball in the penalty box to at worst make the opposition goalkeeper panic and at best score a goal, but he barely broke a sweat and just strolled back. It was one of the times when everyone going apeshit mad seemed justified.

Then we’ve got the issue of his contract running down. The cynical view could be that he plays his bollocks off to get that juicy new contract and then reverts back to being what we’ve been seeing the past 12 months at least. That nonchant body language would fuel that cynicism, and you’d only have to look to Aubameyang and Arsenal to see a similar example of falling into that trap.

And finally even if he is truly committed, and he does improve his stats, there’s no guarantee that ETH is going to like him and play him regularly. He is one of the biggest earners at the club and when you’re on the big bucks, the pressure to perform is huge. You can’t just fall back into being an impact sub as a top earner. You’ve reached the point of no return in that instance because no-ones going to lower their own wages. You have to be a starter and you have to perform to justify those wages or face leaving quite soon… and if ETH can’t fit him in, then he’ll say to sell him as he’s surplus to requirements.
That’s a lot of words to say it’s a make or break season for him. Here’s hoping it’s the former.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Again conjuring things out of thin air. Both are on similar wages. Sancho is £250k a week with Rashford around the same.
How is it thin air? Many people have seen he is on 350k.

Here is a source

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/jadon-sancho-73226/

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool...player-salaries-2021-22-premier-league-season

So it’s not grabbing it out of thin air is it? It’s grabbing stuff off the internet the same way you do.

Whether it’s correct or not is a different matter.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
How is it thin air? Many people have seen he is on 350k.

Here is a source

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/jadon-sancho-73226/

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool...player-salaries-2021-22-premier-league-season

So it’s not grabbing it out of thin air is it? It’s grabbing stuff off the internet the same way you do.

Whether it’s correct or not is a different matter.
Huh?

I'm quoting Atheltic and Telegraph who are Tier 1 in regards to us and you're using spotrac and si really?

It's common-sense to use reliable sources when you talk wages and you were way off the mark with your assessment, it's okay to accept you were in the wrong.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
https://manchesterunitedlatestnews.com/manchester-united-players-wages/?amp=1

Also :

Daily star says 175k

The sun says 350k

it shows how the news media knows shit all about the wage of a player.

Don’t know how the athletic got this wage know it all backing? The rest is just media which there is plenty of people saying it’s at 175k, then 250k and finally 350k.

I just happened to only read the highest wage so I believed that and not why you were seeing. So no I didn’t do incorrectly as it can be only 100% found out by United as a club, not the media.

Tavern in the town

Interesting, keep seeing 350k for Sancho and 200k for Rashford. Still not double but pretty close.
Sancho is likely on 350k despite that Athletic article. Our club accounts showed our wage bill increasing by 65m annually during after that summer window. If you take 350k for Sancho and 340k for Varane as has been reported then that leaves around 600k a week for Ronaldo. Sounds about right.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sancho is likely on 350k despite that Athletic article. Our club accounts showed our wage bill increasing by 65m annually during after that summer window. If you take 350k for Sancho and 340k for Varane as has been reported then that leaves around 600k a week for Ronaldo. Sounds about right.
There is a chance players get percentage hike in their contract, also there is a chance few contracts got extended in that financial year.

Easy to guess which one is reliable, Ducker, Athletic or fecking Sportac or whatever the shit it is.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
What the employee receives is not the same as what the employer pays.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Obviously not but when people like yourself who genuinely only seem to critic one player there seems to be ulterior motives behind it. Do you not have any other gripe with any player in this team? Like Rashford was shite last year but reading your post history you would think it was down to solely him :lol:
Of course there's an ulterior motive behind it and why other players aren't being criticised as much as Rashford. Rashford last season completely disrespected the United shirt. Any player deserves all the flack aimed at his direction until he either disappears into oblivion or wins the fans back again by actually performing on the pitch. Why is that so hard to understand?

People are bending over backwards to pretend that last season didn't happen for Rashford while others that don't have the memory of a goldfish aren't as forgiving. Who's right? Who's wrong? Each to their own I suppose.

Frank White

Of course there's an ulterior motive behind it and why other players aren't being criticised as much as Rashford. Rashford last season completely disrespected the United shirt. Any player deserves all the flack aimed at his direction until he either disappears into oblivion or wins the fans back again by actually performing on the pitch. Why is that so hard to understand?

People are bending over backwards to pretend that last season didn't happen for Rashford while others that don't have the memory of a goldfish aren't as forgiving. Who's right? Who's wrong? Each to their own I suppose.
Again I'm not saying the critique is wrong, i'm saying it's weird how in are worse season ever he literally only critiques 1 player. You can't cry about people calling you out for having a agenda when his whole account seems to be just that.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I hope he finds the player inside from 3 seasons ago when he was decent.
I think a manager like we have now can only improve players mentally as well as on the playing side. This is what Rashford needs.

ETH is his final hope at United.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I hate that we are going to be relying on him even more now with Ronaldo leaving, but here's hoping he at least finds that electric burst of pace he had pre-injury again because without it he's painfully limited as a footballer. Now is as good of a time as any to rediscover himself

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Make or break season for him.
It should be but I very much have my doubts on that. If he's still misfiring before the WC then he should be sold in the January window as he would still have another 18 months left on his contract. If he makes it till the end of the season then we're in trouble as we either would have to give him another contract (most likely) or run the risk of him running down his contract and then leaving on a free which is becoming ever more popular amongst footballers. Best case scenario is he plays well under ETH because the alternatives aren't very pretty.

Swiss_Red89

To be fair he looks in sensational shape :lol:
Fingers crossed that he will find his best form again next season.

Xaviboy

Really hope it goes well for him this season and all.

Have to say he looks in good shape since been back for pre season from the pics and videos of them back training, looks like he bulked up as well.

dablem_10

there was nothing in first half which should suggest left wing spot should be his. Again, poor decision making, poor finish, poor link up. Maybe im very negative, but i dont see top player there anymore even if i should decide on this half of friendly cup

JeffFromHK

worst united player on the pitch tonight. Every time he doesn't try a safe pass is a loss of possession.

he needs to stop running into people when he has the ball

Tavern in the town

there was nothing in first half which should suggest left wing spot should be his. Again, poor decision making, poor finish, poor link up. Maybe im very negative, but i dont see top player there anymore even if i should decide on this half of friendly cup
Must’ve watched a different game. He attacked the back post really well, could’ve scored 2 or 3 goals if crosses were actually delivered.

SER19

One of the low points of the half. If sancho feels better off left then it should undoubtedly be his with gnabry or Anthony on right

cj_sparky

Must’ve watched a different game. He attacked the back post really well, could’ve scored 2 or 3 goals if crosses were actually delivered.
If you look at the chances supplied, from memory;

A hideous touch, after a really nice run which would have given him a shooting chance.

Another chance when Sancho found him perfectly with a cut back, after he had found a pocket of space. He fluffed it.

He should have done better with his effort at the back post, that hit the side netting.

Those three occasions are all on Rashford.

I felt he played his part in the pressing and containment. Was also refreshing to see better movement from him. I think he actually did okay in the first half.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He did alright, worked hard, looked more confident, but game flowed through Sancho more than Rashford which happens. I think he'll form and excellent trio with Martial and Sancho. His pace and movement in behind is always deadly, just needs his belief back. He'll get there.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He needs work, we are looking for attackers I suspect his position at the moment is the most at risk out of the front 3 that played today.
Martial obviously won't start ahead of Ronaldo though

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It was funny because Sancho briefly popped up on the left and skinned their fullback then went down the pitch and put the ball in the back of the net. If we can get Antony, then it'll be Sancho LW and Antony RW.

Pronewbie

Peep
He's eked out the last drop of goodwill for his social cause and home-grown status. If this keeps up during the tour, I worry about our season if we have to rely on him. Ronnie is a huge upgrade over him, but that also means we need to sign a new winger.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I thought he was pretty good. Energetic, quick and showing some acceleration he seemed to have lacked recently. Nothing wrong with that showing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.