g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

The Caf cries about his work rate all season and in both games he has showed what?

A better work rate.

It’s got nothing to do with the Caf - the Caf absolutely hates him :houllier: I as a supporter and a fan of Rashford sees the positive in 2 games.

You judge a player on 45 mins of the first pre season mostly due to who he plays against and absolutely writing him off.

You are the Caf. Negative upon negative upon negative.
I can understand if you show the same level of support for all United players, but clearly not the case here

Martial, Pogba = David Bellion levels

redcucumber

The Caf cries about his work rate all season and in both games he has showed what?

A better work rate.

It’s got nothing to do with the Caf - the Caf absolutely hates him :houllier: I as a supporter and a fan of Rashford sees the positive in 2 games.

You judge a player on 45 mins of the first pre season mostly due to who he plays against and absolutely writing him off.

You are the Caf. Negative upon negative upon negative.
feck you for having hope that a Manc born and raised academy graduate and England international turns it around for us. He's a PR spinning leech, remember.

studs

It's won't be a matter of if Rashford fades this season it'll be a matter when he fades.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I can understand if you show the same level of support for all United players, but clearly not the case here
Ive been Martial FC for so long and I am happy with his preseason performances even though I gave up on him the last season.

De Gea is another one I didn’t rate due to him not being a sweeper keeper and within one preseason performance I’m much more happier with him.

So I think I am more even across the United players because if they improve well then they improve.

There is the fan base where it doesn’t matter about the performance because they have already made their mind up on whether they should be sold or not on their mobile app.

-Supreme-

Ive been Martial FC for so long and I am happy with his preseason performances even though I gave up on him the last season.

De Gea is another one I didn’t rate due to him not being a sweeper keeper and within one preseason performance I’m much more happier with him.

So I think I am more even across the United players because if they improve well then they improve.
So you are having a go at people being negative with Rashford performances throughout last season, at the same time you have placed Martial on the same level as Bellion but somehow two half’s of preseason games have managed to change your opinion of him :lol:

Bebestation

So you are having a go at people being negative with Rashford performances throughout last season, at the same time you have placed Martial on the same level as Bellion but somehow two half’s of preseason games have managed to change your opinion of him :lol:
Yes because I believe anyone can change.

No one is a permanent thing. All it takes is one change of mind or thought to have a person change their bad to good or good to bad.

Literally the whole of CAF cries about how shit our coaching and management is for absolute decades and the moment we get a good coach we see instant impact from work rates to goals :lol:

It’s like some people don’t have the IQ to think that well a good coach can make better players:lol:

I’m seeing it in De Gea, Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Bailly and so many more but you are stuck in the memory of yester year to the point where positive progress even in a preseason game is not progress because you have already made your mind up.

-Supreme-

Yes because I believe anyone can change.

No one is a permanent thing. All it takes is one change of mind or thought to have a person change their bad to good or good to bad.

Literally the whole of CAF cries about how shit our coaching and management is for absolute decades and the moment we get a good coach we see instant impact from work rates to goals :lol:

It’s like some people don’t have the IQ to think that well a good coach can make better players:lol:

I’m seeing it in De Gea, Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Bailly and so many more but you are stuck in the memory of yester year to the point where positive progress even in a preseason game is not progress because you have already made your mind up.
The point here is that you are having at go at posters for being negative with Rashford performances, but if you have showed the same level of support that would make sense, and that includes Martial of last season when you have crucified and placed him on par with Bellion in April 2022 :lol:

-Supreme-

And good luck if you think even a world class coach can transform a player with Bellion abilites that is good enough at a club of our aspirations :lol:

Bebestation

The point here is that you are having at go at posters for being negative with Rashford performances, but if you have showed the same level of support that would make sense, and that includes Martial of last season when you have crucified and placed him on par with Bellion in April 2022 :lol:
No I’m not having a go about people being negative when he has been shit -

it’s more the fans not talking about him when he is showing improvement in work rate and performances :drool:

Woziak

I think the best thing about United going forward especially on these threads are we will spend less time debating the individual player and more time talking about the Team. I have to say from someone who has played at semi pro level, I’ve been hugely impressed with our new manager and his coaches. He will get the best out of Marcus but only when Marcus believes in the team first ethicthen we will see him get the most out of himself.

ETH is going to make these players men first, then he’ll improve them as players, and when they are willing to sit on the bench sometimes, not acting like spoilt kids and be just as excited as the player on the field who scores the goal, then we will see our players grow and improve.

We definitely need more players with strong mentalities, we really do but I believe that Marcus will come good this season and yes he needs to look in the mirror sometimes too and ask himself some difficult questions. He might only score 7 or 8 goals and 4 or 5 assists, but if the team starts wining 64% of its premier league games this season who cares since all that truly matters is the team improving.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
And good luck if you think even a world class coach can transform a player with Bellion abilites that is good enough at a club of our aspirations :lol:
Judging anyone based on preseason performances is so naive. Andreas used to turn into prime Ronaldinho during our preseason tours guess we should'nt have sold him.

Last edited:

-Supreme-

it’s more the fans not talking about him when he is showing improvement in work rate and performances :drool:
There are perhaps some sensible fans out there who have reserved judgements and not based this off on a 90 mins preseason games combined?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

Rashford gave a massive feck you to both club and supporters last season. If you think minutes in preseason games are going to change people's opinions of him then i just don't know what to say. He puts in a shift up until the WC then we can talk. You're comments are coming across as a Rashford fan instead of a United fan. Of course people are going to bite.

Bebestation

There are perhaps some sensible fans out there who have reserved judgements and not based this off on a 90 mins preseason games combined?
But did I say anything about this upcoming season?

this is a performance thread and I have been happier with his performances this season primarily due to his improvement in work rate.

For some reason people are hurt about that and assuming I’m linking this to how he will play the rest of the season.

I’ve been happy with plenty of players in preseason - just because you don’t necessarily feel a positive out of that doesn’t make a positive feeler a bad person.

Bebestation

Rashford gave a massive feck you to both club and supporters last season. If you think minutes in preseason games are going to change people's opinions of him then i just don't know what to say. He puts in a shift up until the WC then we can talk. You're comments are coming across as a Rashford fan instead of a United fan. Of course people are going to bite.
And again, I never felt this. Just because you felt a massive feck u from him didn’t mean that I felt that.

I always felt like the whole squad was shit last season from Bruno to Sancho to Rashford to Martial to Maguire to so so many people that I felt like it was a management problem than a problem coming from one minute anomaly in the squad.

Anyway I’m done here.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
And again, I never felt this. Just because you felt a massive feck u from him didn’t mean that I felt that.

I always felt like the whole squad was shit last season from Bruno to Sancho to Rashford to Martial to Maguire to so so many people that I felt like it was a management problem than a problem coming from one minute anomaly in the squad.

Anyway I’m done here.
If you feel like Rashford didn't give a massive feck you then I'm done here as well.

-Supreme-

But did I say anything about this upcoming season?

this is a performance thread and I have been happier with his performances this season primarily due to his improvement in work rate.

For some reason people are hurt about that and assuming I’m linking this to how he will play the rest of the season.

I’ve been happy with plenty of players in preseason - just because you don’t necessarily feel a positive out of that doesn’t make a positive feeler a bad person.
Don’t think what you say or will say really matters tbf when you have changed your opinion from Bellion level Martial to suddenly feel coaches can transform him and being able to meet a club of United aspirations within 2-3months period :lol:

Bebestation

Don’t think what you say or will say really matters tbf when you have changed your opinion from Bellion level Martial to suddenly feel coaches can transform him into a club of United aspirations within a 2-3months period :lol:
I believe a good coach can improve players that have basically have had no coaching.

Just because I see improvements even on a player as old as De Gea almost instantly doesn’t mean I’m sure of their performances this season.

It just gives me the ability to be optimistic which you don’t feel towards being.

-Supreme-

I believe a good coach can improve players that have basically have had no coaching.

Just because I see improvements even on a player as old as De Gea almost instantly doesn’t mean I’m sure of their performances this season.

It just gives me the ability to be optimistic which you don’t feel towards being.
I have actually placed Martial to be a surprise player in this season before the preseason games, yes the same player who you rated with Bellion level ability

And good coaches improve players performances? Id be suprised anyone would disagree with this

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Maybe this isn't the thread to ask, although it technically should be.

I can vaguely recall Rashy being half decent on the right under Ole during the lockdown. I think it was during Martial's brilliant form? (so 19/20 season not 20/21) He was pretty crap in the 20/21 in general and especially of the right when he had to accommodate Pogba.

Did he have such a spell, or am I misremembering and do you think he could end up being our backup to Sancho for that position if we don't sign anyone for that position?

Chief123

Maybe this isn't the thread to ask, although it technically should be.

I can vaguely recall Rashy being half decent on the right under Ole during the lockdown. I think it was during Martial's brilliant form? (so 19/20 season not 20/21) He was pretty crap in the 20/21 in general and especially of the right when he had to accommodate Pogba.

Did he have such a spell, or am I misremembering and do you think he could end up being our backup to Sancho for that position if we don't sign anyone for that position?
Rashford and Martial have never played well on the right under any of the managers. There was one game where Rashford was “ok”, but neither of them were consistent there. It was the most frustrating thing to watch because it left us with a constant problem with no attempted solution working.

stw2022

So what was the reason he couldn’t be bothered last season then, besides “he’s fecking brilliant” of course?

OpenIntrovert

So what was the reason he couldn’t be bothered last season then, besides “he’s fecking brilliant” of course?
The injuries that Rashford started to have made his confidence sway alot. The managerial situation did not help as well. When a situation like this happens, the manager needs to motivate the player but Rangnick wasn't very good at man management, thus his performances dropped alot. He just could not find the mentality to put in strong performances week in week out.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A drastic drop in confidence. From the euro penalty miss, no pre season and late start joining a disaster team, the team always being a weekly unbalanced disaster, changing managers, etc etc etc. Last season is just better to write off as a 1 off for everyone. It happens. Nothing last season is relevant to us this season or going forward IMO.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't remember if these many excuses were made for any other player.

edcunited1878

Marcus wasn't mentally strong enough nor mature enough to cut it last season. The team hadn't had a proper pre season for 2 full years and Marcus suffered a lot like a few others.

After the ship was going nowhere and Ole got sacked, it was clear Marcus felt entitled and downed tools. If you can't follow directions or put in minimal effort, you're not going to get picked. That's how poor he was, allowing Elanga to overtake him when it was just him and Sancho challenging for 2 starting positions.

Everyone has a clean slate, but it's the old saying...forgive but don't forget. He has a lot to play for this season and just so happens he's trying to sign another large contract within a couple seasons.

It's the end of the road for Marcus and whatever excuses and facts that came out from last year. The club has stuck with him and when it went through a really bad patch under Ole that led to his sacking, Marcus was very much absent in terms of accountability, leadership, and character. That's unacceptable for a United player who comes from the academy, wears the 10, and gets paid what he does.

AFC NimbleThumb

I don't remember if these many excuses were made for any other player.
Have you seen the Maguire thread? Rashford for all his bad form is a season removed from 20+ goals whilst carrying a shoulder injury that required surgery for a lot of it.

You don’t need to go far for the multiple Rashford threads made this Summer where even his charitable actions are criticised. This is a forum that still believes McTominay will come good, behave yourself.
During the run in last season where we were on the end of drubbings from teams such as the mighty Brighton, who looked like they could be bothered?

As above, they guy played through injury for god knows how many months the season prior. Last season was a catastrophe for player & club but he didn’t run around like a headless chicken enough for some so let’s determine he ‘didn’t try’ although multiple squad players were worse last season. Didn’t try, did you see Luke Shaw at points last year? Our captain even? Or our Scottish midfielder that struggled to pass 10 yards all year? Our RB who fell asleep in multiple defensive phases? The list could go on.

The venom with which our own fan base turn on certain players over others is unique, especially when they’ll defend other incompetents they like. Lingard, Pogba, Martial, Rashford. . . you’d think there’s a thread to follow here.

edcunited1878

Have you seen the Maguire thread? Rashford for all his bad form is a season removed from 20+ goals whilst carrying a shoulder injury that required surgery for a lot of it.

You don’t need to go far for the multiple Rashford threads made this Summer where even his charitable actions are criticised. This is a forum that still believes McTominay will come good, behave yourself.

During the run in last season where we were on the end of drubbings from teams such as the mighty Brighton, who looked like they could be bothered?

As above, they guy played through injury for god knows how many months the season prior. Last season was a catastrophe for player & club but he didn’t run around like a headless chicken enough for some so let’s determine he ‘didn’t try’ although multiple squad players were worse last season. Didn’t try, did you see Luke Shaw at points last year? Our captain even? Or our Scottish midfielder that struggled to pass 10 yards all year? Our RB who fell asleep in multiple defensive phases? The list could go on.

The venom with which our own fan base turn on certain players over others is unique, especially when they’ll defend other incompetents they like. Lingard, Pogba, Martial, Rashford. . . you’d think there’s a thread to follow here.
When your teammates are running past you after you lost possession because you are bothered, you have zero excuses. All the players had poor performances numerous times, save for David, but Marcus literally couldn't outperformed Elanga nor a stop, start Sancho even after Greenwood was out of the picture.

Why could everyone else kind of follow directions of Rangnick, but not Marcus? And the season didn't go totally off the rails until after the CL exit. At least before then, there was some reasonable pulse, yet Marcus still wasn't doing his part.

I agree people have been over the top in terms of some very hateful rhetoric...but not putting in the minimal effort is unacceptable. His body language was so poor, the worst of the lot. And to top it off, his camp were trying to set this agenda that put him as a victim. And his decision making, which wasn't the best to begin with, was worse.

The final straw was when there was a fumble by an opponent GK and it was free near the penalty spot. Marcus was very much in the clear to pounce on the ball for a shot towards goal, but he made such a feeble attempt that he didn't bother and pulled up...the audible groan and frustration from the home crowd was so loud. Unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.