Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ronaldo ran and pressed one game in every 4 and for some reason people seem to think that Ronaldo pressed every game.

Rashford only pressed in one game vs Brighton.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Just caught up with the last game - such a well taken goal.

Real Name

The guy has literally played one 45 against the Liverpool reserves in which he was mostly shit and another against Melbourne where he managed a goal and you think he’s turned a corner.

The Caf, ladies and gentlemen.
God forbid saying anything positive about him.

The Caf cries about his work rate all season and in both games he has showed what?

A better work rate.

It’s got nothing to do with the Caf - the Caf absolutely hates him :houllier: I as a supporter and a fan of Rashford sees the positive in 2 games.

You judge a player on 45 mins of the first pre season mostly due to who he plays against and absolutely writing him off.

You are the Caf. Negative upon negative upon negative.
Bingo! Ding ding ding ding.

stw2022

He spent a whole season playing like a 45 year old heavy smoker with gout. One good performance in pre-season and he’s turned the corner and anyone who doesn’t think so is…ungrateful? He shouldn’t be criticised for playing well in pre season by it’s a concerningly low bar to conclude he’s proving naysayers wrong

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Promising performance again.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m already a lot happier with him. Looks like he’s got a point to prove (and he should!)

He’s not a bad player. He’s a good player. He just was never good enough to not work hard and ultimately have the attack built around him if we want to be the best. Maybe in the future but nothing up to this point said that he was the right player for that. Productive but inclined to let the head drop and stroll around and as a focal point surely that should be off the table. Happy to see him get going again. 100% in my FPL team.

Last edited:

El Jefe

He's slowly starting to look like himself again. He's looking hungry, chasing down loose balls and more importantly looks in great physical shape by adding quite a bit of muscle. Really hoping for a turnaround season for him as we need him.

EtH is going to be more important for him than any player IMO. He needs coaching to get rid of his bad habits and Erik will do just that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Marcus looks like he might, just might, be getting back to his best. Apart from when Sancho's out there, Marcus is the only one who makes our left flank seem dangerous.

Idxomer

He's slowly starting to look like himself again. He's looking hungry, chasing down loose balls and more importantly looks in great physical shape by adding quite a bit of muscle. Really hoping for a turnaround season for him as we need him.

EtH is going to be more important for him than any player IMO. He needs coaching to get rid of his bad habits and Erik will do just that.
Last season I thought he looked physically shot which worried me more than his lack of workrate, some encouraging signs this isn't the case in this pre-season.

OpenIntrovert

Last season I thought he looked physically shot which worried me more than his lack of workrate, some encouraging signs this isn't the case in this pre-season.
Serious Injuries and change of management didnt help. I think this is his first proper pre-season since 2019/20 which tells you how bad the injuries were.

Frank Grimes

Good cross in the first half but was very quiet. 2nd half he did well for our 3rd goal. Apart from that one sloppy pass when Martial was in a good position and overran the ball out of play on another occasion. Mixed bag. Couldn't miss for his goal. Light 6.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Attitude looks far more improved. Showing moments of pre-Euros Rashford which is a dangerous player.

Him, Martial and Sancho look like a dangerous lineup, similar vibes to the front 3 when it was MG on the right, such free flowing football

He’s looking better and fitter. That turn for the Sancho goal was filthy. 2019/2020 Rashford vibes. Showed a electric burst of pace during the first half which I hadn’t seen in years from him too. Great signs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good to have him back. Last year wasn't good for a variety of reasons, but it's important to just draw a line in it and move on and stop bringing up last season, for any of them. It wasn't a normal year for any of our players. I think Ten Hag will be huge for Rashford to take that next step. He was excellent under Ole at times, but inconsistent as well due to the nature of the system. Now in a more controlled but attacking system, I think it can really bring the best out of Rashford and more consistently. Needs to stay fit, and I really think we need competition in there for the front 3 to be able to rotate people, keep them fresh and not lose a step, but I have really high hopes for him this year. Its obvious that he just does better with Martial vs Ronaldo (Ronaldo takes up the same positions and they don't suit each other at all), so I can see him having a great season.

Olecurls99

Good to have him back. Last year wasn't good for a variety of reasons, but it's important to just draw a line in it and move on and stop bringing up last season, for any of them. It wasn't a normal year for any of our players. I think Ten Hag will be huge for Rashford to take that next step. He was excellent under Ole at times, but inconsistent as well due to the nature of the system. Now in a more controlled but attacking system, I think it can really bring the best out of Rashford and more consistently. Needs to stay fit, and I really think we need competition in there for the front 3 to be able to rotate people, keep them fresh and not lose a step, but I have really high hopes for him this year. Its obvious that he just does better with Martial vs Ronaldo (Ronaldo takes up the same positions and they don't suit each other at all), so I can see him having a great season.
Yeah it's a good point about Martial being better for Rashford. It really puts the Cavani and Ronaldo signings in a bad light. We had a great young trio with MMM and we started messing with it rather than getting decent backups.

Robbie Boy

It would be absolutely fantastic if he could find his form again. He looked like a broken man on the pitch last season, for whatever reason.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’s looking better and fitter. That turn for the Sancho goal was filthy. 2019/2020 Rashford vibes. Showed a electric burst of pace during the first half which I hadn’t seen in years from him too. Great signs.
Agree with this.

He showed a burst of pace on that one occasion that had been absent for far too long. And I think from what I've seen thus far from Rashford, he seems to be fitter and hungrier to adapt to ten Hag's plan. Hopefully himself, Martial and Sancho will come good for us under ten Hag.

Mr PG

Rashford, Martial, Pogba and co have all suffered from all the shit coaches we’ve had since sir alex.

Threesus

He had a really bad season last year. Hope he can bounce back this year.

Walters_19_MuFc

Heavily involved not on in both goals, but the half in general. Linked well, pressed, picked out some nice passes, etc. Hope he keeps it up.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His final pass, touch, shot is a bit off, but he is very involved, making good runs, pressing well, it is really good to see. It's encouraging.

bosnian_red

Glad to have a normal Rashford back. I think it's clear as well there are clear patterns that everyone is moving to which opens up easier passes from him, putting less responsibility on him making individual plays to make something happen. Easier to build consistency and less pressure to create.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He was fouled a lot and tbh it was only way for Matty Cash to stop him.

Despite serious work ahead of him to improve, it was somewhat a good sign.

Frank Grimes

Started brightly. Good weight of pass for Shaw for the goal.

Missed a shot he dragged wide of near post. Very similar to one versus Liverpool.

Rush of blood to head and brain dead cross when we had good opportunity.

Scuffed finish for the own goal.

Quiet 2nd half.

Light 6.

El Jefe

Maybe its just me but I thought he looked like his real self today. Very encouraging.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Started brightly. Good weight of pass for Shaw for the goal.

Missed a shot he dragged wide of near post. Very similar to one versus Liverpool.

Rush of blood to head and brain dead cross when we had good opportunity.

Scuffed finish for the own goal.

Quiet 2nd half.

Light 6.
On both of your “light 6” reviews - you have forgotten work rate which has improved.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Still looks promising that ETH might the the one to turn Marcus into a team player finally. I got faith that ETH will simply bin him off if he plays in any way similar to previous seasons. This is the right approach and maybe,just maybe, we’ll see him reach his potential now.

Trequarista10

I'm beginning to be cautiously optimistic that Rashford can turn it around.

Whatever physical/injury problems he had should be behind him. It's clearly psychological, confidence, desire, understanding, or some combination thereof. Its up to him now. I worry about how he'll react if rotated, I worry if he can put in the hard yards consistently, and if he can follow tactical instructions for the benefit of the team. But on form he's a dangerous and explosive player that would improve virtually any squad.

Olecurls99

Hopefully with his confidence coming back he can start skinning full backs for fun again. He's doing the hard work now and keeping it simple which is good to see.

worldinmotion66

My mate wants a bet that rashford won't score 10 league goals this season. What do we think? If he plays, I think he will. But will he be first choice if we sign another attacker?

Yagami

Good post resistant
My mate wants a bet that rashford won't score 10 league goals this season. What do we think? If he plays, I think he will. But will he be first choice if we sign another attacker?
Take the bet. He'll play plenty, and the amount of cutbacks in the opposition's box we're doing now will make it easy pickings for him.

(I hope!)

bosnian_red

He'll easily pass 10 IMO. Last year was a freak year, he'll be more like the previous 3 years (9r even have his best season yet in finally a system like Ten Hag's).

Status
Not open for further replies.