Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Who should have won?
I see what you're trying to do. But are you telling me you think he was the player in it league in September? He wasn't even the best player at United in September.

Frank White

I see what you're trying to do. But are you telling me you think he was the player in it league in September? He wasn't even the best player at United in September.
I'm trying to figure out who you think was the best player in the 2 games that where played last month..... As for the end part a CB isn't wining POTM unless they score multiple goals or if you think it should have been Eriksen he'd need goal involvements too.

TsuWave

Sometimes I forget how skilful he is.

Crazy that he broke out because of an injury crisis and LvG trusting kids. I don’t even remember a lot of shouts about him when he was in the academy - usually you see people talking about academy kids they think are special, but I don’t recall that for Rashford. He grabbed his chance with both hands though.

Kinda makes me hopeful that there are other similarly skilled players in the academy that could do a job if trusted

Skills

Snitch

Crazy that he broke out because of an injury crisis and LvG trusting kids. I don’t even remember a lot of shouts about him when he was in the academy - usually you see people talking about academy kids they think are special, but I don’t recall that for Rashford. He grabbed his chance with both hands though.

Kinda makes me hopeful that there are other similarly skilled players in the academy that could do a job if trusted
He was. Unfortunately we haven't seen the same agility from him since his back injury

Raw

To be fair the PL POTM won't include the Europa league games which skews it more in Rashford's favour. Overall you'd have to say Eriksen or our CBs.

romufc

Its because you're basing it on opinion and eye test?

Whereas PL base is on stats and it generally is based on stats.

arthurka

Well done Rashy, I will need to take a hard look at myself after seeing how I have rated him this season.

sugar_kane

Pleased for him, but what a ridiculous decision.
Yeah genuinely weird, apparently if you can put 2 past Lego Pep's Invincibles it makes you a footballing god.

So far he's playing much, much better than last season but I genuinely couldn't believe it when I saw the news. Particularly since we only played 2 games in September and one of them was a shite game vs. Leicester.

Would be surprised if many agree with this over some of the more obvious choices eg. Haaland.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
So so sour :drool:

Thank you Rashford! Took you one month to shit back in these fans face!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not good enough, needs to go, poor attitude, only won because he's English, every other striker playing for the opposition is mile better etc etc...

Am I doing it right?

Quality from Rashford so far this season, long may it continue.

Fridge chutney

Pleased for Marcus! He was very important for us and let's hope he continues to kick on from here!

Carl

So so sour :drool:

Thank you Rashford! Took you one month to shit back in these fans face!
So tedious mate. Love Rashford. One of our own. You're allowed to support the player and not think he was the best player in the league in September you know.

Frank White

Yeah genuinely weird, apparently if you can put 2 past Lego Pep's Invincibles it makes you a footballing god.

So far he's playing much, much better than last season but I genuinely couldn't believe it when I saw the news. Particularly since we only played 2 games in September and one of them was a shite game vs. Leicester.

Would be surprised if many agree with this over some of the more obvious choices eg. Haaland.
Everyone played 2 games. Haaland scored 2 goals, one against Villa and one against 17th placed Wolves. Rashford got 4 g/a in 2 games. A assist against Leicester and 2 goals and 1 assist against league leaders who where undefeated at the time. Not a mathematician but 4 goal involvements beats 2.

Raw

Everyone only played 2 games in September.

The other 5 nominated were De Bruyne, Iwobi, Billing, Hojbjerg and Ramsey. Rashford's the only one who's won both games and he has the most goals and assists, most of which against a very good Arsenal who are top of the league. Think he and Iwobi were favourites to win it, doesn't seem so far fetched that Rashford deserved it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Will try again, who was?
There are five players from United alone who were better (Eriksen, Martinez, Varane, Bruno, McTominay).

Happy that Marcus has won though, and I actually thought it showed that he's been working very hard on his centre forward play and was bringing others into play in ways he hasn't really shown before (with some mixed success) - it's brilliant for us if he can continue to develop along those lines and not look like a fish out of water when doing a job centrally.

He just wasn't United's best player this month, let alone the league's.

sugar_kane

Everyone played 2 games. Haaland scored 2 goals, one against Villa and one against 17th placed Wolves. Rashford got 4 g/a in 2 games. A assist against Leicester and 2 goals and 1 assist against league leaders who where undefeated at the time. Not a mathematician but 4 goal involvements beats 2.
Everyone only played 2 games in September.

The other 5 nominated were De Bruyne, Iwobi, Billing, Hojbjerg and Ramsey. Rashford's the only one who's won both games and he has the most goals and assists, most of which against a very good Arsenal who are top of the league. Think he and Iwobi were favourites to win it, doesn't seem so far fetched that Rashford deserved it.
Thought some teams had played more cos we had the extra game (against Leeds) cancelled.

Looks like I might be wrong though.

Frank White

There are five players from United alone who were better (Eriksen, Martinez, Varane, Bruno, McTominay).

Happy that Marcus has won though, and I actually thought it showed that he's been working very hard on his centre forward play and was bringing others into play in ways he hasn't really shown before (with some mixed success) - it's brilliant for us if he can continue to develop along those lines and not look like a fish out of water when doing a job centrally.

He just wasn't United's best player this month, let alone the league's.
Overall yes i would agree Eriksen and the two CB played better but the POTM is a numbers game award. Non of them where getting nominated with 0 goal contributions never mind winning it.

Frank White

What's the point? I'll give you a list, you'll disagree. Boring.
Genuinely might be the weirdest interaction I've had on here. You said he didn't deserve it, I asked who did to compare. You then dodge for hours to then say cba :lol: like there's no ulterior motive here, if there's a better candidate who is it?

Carl

Genuinely might be the weirdest interaction I've had on here. You said he didn't deserve it, I asked who did to compare. You then dodge for hours to then say cba :lol: like there's no ulterior motive here, if there's a better candidate who is it?
Martinez, Eriksen, Varane. And that's just at United. Feel better now?

Grande

I see your point, because it was my first reaction to. A) Somebody must have been better, what about Haaland? and B) at least Martinez, Varane and Eriksen was better at United.

First I’ll say I’m fairly pleased with Marcus’ general play this season. He looks more snappy, he works well defensively, he produces goals, he links up better. Good to see. Second thought: How could he win it this month - he’s not been at the level he was for 18 months during Solskjær’s stint. Third thought: Haaland only scores goals, misses a few sitters, but that’s okay, because he scores goals. And he scored two. Who actually did produce more in September, it’s a good question. Fourth, I still think Varane, Martinez and Erikson played better, and would probably vote for Martinez myself. Yet, it is thought provoking - when Ronaldo scored 5 in 4 in april, he didn’t play fantastic apart from that, and his defensive output was questionable. But a striker who scores goals, that’s what he’s measured by. Is it maybe so that as we’re used to Rashford as a wide player, dribler and passer at his best, his best goals are long range efforts - we remain unimpressed when he delivers what would be considered brilliant output for any normal striker? 4 g/a in 2 games - match deciding for two wins - spiked with disciplined defensive play and patches of decent build up, for best team in the league that month based on results. Would we raise an eyebrow got POTM based on as much? Probably not.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Good time for him to ask for a contract renewal.

Frank White

Martinez, Eriksen, Varane. And that's just at United. Feel better now?
A bit, is a bit more like how normal people interact. You say something, i ask who or why you think that. You know normal stuff? Back to the topic defenders don't win typically unless they've been godly so the two CB for one clean sheet ain't happening and Eriksen correct me if I'm wrong had no goal contributions. Will be hard pressed to find the last player to win the award with 0 goal contributions outside of a GK.

Carl

A bit, is a bit more like how normal people interact. You say something, i ask who or why you think that. You know normal stuff? Back to the topic defenders don't win typically unless they've been godly so the two CB for one clean sheet ain't happening and Eriksen correct me if I'm wrong had no goal contributions. Will be hard pressed to find the last player to win the award with 0 goal contributions outside of a GK.
Yeh, but I'm saying that criteria is ridiculous. That's literally all :lol:

Sylar

Great news that hes back in training and could feature. Hoping he does against City.

Carl

:lol: If you would have said that then fair enough but you didn't! You said he shouldn't have won and then dipped...
I said it was a ridiculous decision. That's all. It is a ridiculous decision because he hasn't been the best player in the league in September.

James_42

He has definitely played better in a few games this season, but it seems like unless we're playing counter attacking football he isn't really effective.

I would still look to sell if an offer came in for him.

Chief123

Well done to him!

Personally I would have given it to Martinez as he’s been pivotal in the turn around in our fortunes. We went from shipping 6 goals in the first 2 games to only conceding 2 in 4 games which included Liverpool and Arsenal.

Unfortunately, the POTM rarely goes to defenders and more inclined towards goal scorers/assisters.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

He was pretty highly regarded in the academy, especially for his skills. Always doing flip-flaps and beating players, also did very well in the UEFA Youth League which earned him a bench spot against Watford the very same season he debuted. It's just that he skipped a stage with no U23 football, so didn't get the hype the likes of Greenwood or Januzaj gained. His talent was always clear to see at the levels he played.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was pretty highly regarded in the academy, especially for his skills. Always doing flip-flaps and beating players, also did very well in the UEFA Youth League which earned him a bench spot against Watford the very same season he debuted. It's just that he skipped a stage with no U23 football, so didn't get the hype the likes of Greenwood or Januzaj gained. His talent was always clear to see at the levels he played.

He didn't get the same hype as Greenwood because he wasn't as good.

ShinjiNinja26

Great news he’s available. So glad he’s beginning to find his old top form, on his day he can be unstoppable. I just hope ETH can get the best out of him on a consistent basis, providing he can stay injury free of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.