6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyMUFC

His finishing is usually his strong point to be fair, he's usually brilliant at the one on ones but yeah, not his night tonight.

Robbo*

There's a few players in our squad where you know exactly what you will get when they play. With Rashford it's a disjointed attack and wasteful finishing against anybody who doesn't leave space for him to run into. He played well for him but those things were still in abundance.
He’s so much more useful when we are ahead and the other side is chasing the game.

Mr Smith

This game highlighted his absolute best and absolute worst qualities. Lots of good and lots of bad.
This is probably the reasonable take from today. He was constantly a threat and created chances, but was increasingly erratic with his finishing for every chance he missed. As others have pointed out, if he'd scored early on we would probably be lauding him right now for an outstanding performance, as he would have been confident and got more space as they chased the game, so there is an element of luck as well.

Quagmire Maguire

United supporters standards have slipped spectacularly these last 8 years or so, “back to his best” the guy had about 8 good chances and couldn’t finish any against an opponent who would get beat by the majority of League 1 clubs.
200k a week.. :lol:

Sad thing is this was probably his best performance in 2 years, maybe he has found his level?

OpenIntrovert

United supporters standards have slipped spectacularly these last 8 years or so, “back to his best” the guy had about 8 good chances and couldn’t finish any against an opponent who would get beat by the majority of League 1 clubs.

Sad thing is this was probably his best performance in 2 years, maybe he has found his level?
Try to give more constructive opinion. A player does not become good by scoring against big teams neither is he bad by not scoring against "smaller" teams. Most importantly, there are a lot of factors that affect performance including mentality, injuries, new positions and the type of tactics u are up against.

Rashford played well but his finishing was too rushed. The placement of the shots could have been better and if he improves on this, we have a great striker on our hands.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It is hard not to be encouraged by that performance of him. Especially liked the space he created with his first 3 chances.

Should have scored at least two though, sometimes it gets like that. Maybe a bit too often for him.

CM

Rashford looked like he was playing with confidence again for the first time in quite a while. In the first half he looked very sharp and by far our most dangerous player. If he could've added the finishing touch it would've been a very encouraging game for him.

OmarUnited4ever

It didn't come off for him but he at least was a constant threat and took shots and created one or 2 chances, made alot of runs..

His miss in that 1v1 was horrendous..but this the bottom level of Rashford that I can accept.

He will do better next time out against Newcastle.

Real Name

Come of it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looked dangerous every time he had the ball in the first half, really good to see. Unlucky not to score.

2nd half he dipped a bit, definitely should have scored that 1 on 1 and was surprised he missed as he usually buries those.

The signs are much better anyway. He looks strong, quick and actually bothered again. Whatever was plaguing him before is hopefully in the past now.

Grande

He looked dangerous every time he had the ball in the first half, really good to see. Unlucky not to score.

2nd half he dipped a bit, definitely should have scored that 1 on 1 and was surprised he missed as he usually buries those.

The signs are much better anyway. He looks strong, quick and actually bothered again. Whatever was plaguing him before is hopefully in the past now.
Agree, his all round game was good yesterday, and he was our most dangerous player by a great margin. Too bad he’s not more two footed, but with the finishing he’s had in general this season, it was a fluke that not a couple went in yesterday. He lacked concentration, though, and it seemed to get worse after a few misses. He’s still vulnerable to adversity.

Lewnited

To be honest, after the last year of performances I'll take this from Rashford all day long. He's not clinical but more often than not he would've bagged at least a goal to go with yesterday's performance.

My bigger issue was with him deciding(?) to congest the middle after the Antony sub and refuse to play on the right. Ended up making life a lot harder for ourselves with everyone stepping on eachother's toes.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His passing is much better to see. Has been my favorite thing to have seen this season.

Drizzle

He appears to be getting back to his previous best. He'll never be a world class forward, but he's pretty good. When he's confident and fit he provides a directness and constant threat and he'll get us 15-20 goals this season if he can stay fit. He's never been a top class finisher so I'm not concerned about last night. I'm happy he's getting in positions and getting shots off every game.

The White Pele

To be honest, after the last year of performances I'll take this from Rashford all day long. He's not clinical but more often than not he would've bagged at least a goal to go with yesterday's performance.

My bigger issue was with him deciding(?) to congest the middle after the Antony sub and refuse to play on the right. Ended up making life a lot harder for ourselves with everyone stepping on eachother's toes.
Ten Hag has confirmed he wanted Rashford closer to Ronaldo after the sub

Doracle

Slightly frustrating that he’s ended up with no goals from the last two games - travesty of the current handball rule in the first and his own finishing going missing last night. Would have been excellent for him to have kept up that momentum.

Still, he’s playing really well and looking a threat. Would be really good if Martial could stay fit for more than 10 minutes, so they could settle into a Rashford-Martial-Antony front 3 for a few games in a row.

van Nistelrooy

The clean through on goal and rebound off the keeper chances were absolute sitters and he fluffed them both.

Without McTominay finding the winner, Rashford would have had the most to answer for.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Was pretty clear that Ten Hag went 442 with Bruno being on the right, and Rashford roaming off of Ronaldo as a striker.

space

Finishing aside, it looks like he has a bit of spark and flair back. Good to see, I forgot how rapid he can be

mctrials23

The spark and enjoyment is back but hes still the same player with the same massive holes in his game. Great in some situations but needs to fix some big weaknesses.

SAF is the GOAT

His miss in that 1v1 was horrendous..but this the bottom level of Rashford that I can accept.
Which 1 ? the first one where he got the ball from Bruno in the first half ? or the other one in the second half when ran towards their and came 1v1 against the keeper ?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The clean through on goal and rebound off the keeper chances were absolute sitters and he fluffed them both.

Without McTominay finding the winner, Rashford would have had the most to answer for.
yup, I thought he was pretty poor. Everyone was. This is one of the easiest sides still in European football this season. Good to see him trying again at least

OmarUnited4ever

Which 1 ? the first one where he got the ball from Bruno in the first half ? or the other one in the second half when ran towards their and came 1v1 against the keeper ?
The one where he ran in behind and was 1v1, perfect run, perfect first touch and then a horrendous finish

RepardReece

Absolutely fed up with this guy missing chances.

How can anyone rate him as a forward when he can't even do the thing he's on the pitch for, finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.