Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
That may be the case. Is there any positive posts from you recently referencing his good form?
I said a few weeks ago he was doing well but some of you went way over the top with the praises.
I've even seen people saying this is the best rashford. Like wtf :eek:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So what the issue then? That was my initial point..
The issue is how poorly he played tonight, obviously. Plus a long running theme of selfishness and bad decision making that sets him apart from the really talented players in his position (e.g. Saka at Arsenal)

You also say its a low bar. Just to remind you that Rashford is the most in form attacker in the league, meaning he's outscoring the lot.
Toney, MItrovic, Rodrigo and Almiron have all scored more league goals than him this season. All playing for teams well below us in the league (obviously not even going to bother comparing his tally with Kane and Haaland) He’s only scored one more goal than Bobby fecking Firmino who can’t get a game for a Liverpooo side in free fall! So Rashford’s alleged elite goalscoring rate isn’t a very compelling defence.

Eddy_JukeZ

He wasn't good today at all, but it also signified a huge problem in the team.

If he plays poorly, our entire attack(which is already sketchy) becomes basically useless.

We need another attacker to step up.

GifLord

He had a bad game and you couldn't wait to jump in here and revel in that.

There are miserable, negative posters and then there's you.
No i'm being realistic. Don't overrate players after a few games
He's shown again that he's still the same player he was in the past. Does well for 2-3 games and then goes back to being shit. Even the last match vs city he was average.
Rinse and repeat.

Bwuk

Shite today. Issue is our attack is totally reliant on him.

Real Name

No i'm being realistic. Don't overrate players after a few games
He's shown again that he's still the same player he was in the past. Does well for 2-3 games and then goes back to being shit. Even the last match vs city he was average.
Rinse and repeat.
It's not just 2, 3 games, it's more. He's been in a fine form unlike last season. Against City he was our main threat. He absolutely isn't the same player and this season he's improved a lot.
That's being realistic, you have a certain vision of him you don't want to let go.

GifLord

It's not just 2, 3 games, it's more. He's been in a fine form unlike last season. Against City he was our main threat. He absolutely isn't the same player and this season he's improved a lot.
That's being realistic, you have a certain vision of him you don't want to let go.
What? He was absolute shit since the start of the season. He only started performing after the World Cup
Again some of you have GOLD FISH MEMORY when it comes to RASHFORD

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Find it very hard to criticise Rashford when he's been so good recently. Just an off night it happens to every footballer from time to time
Yeah but some people on here really really don't like the guy. It's rather sad.

God knows what our season would look like had he not found his mojo again. The other forwards need to step it up massively

NK86

If all it was is a bad performance where nothing came off, that's when it should be overlooked because of everything he's contributed. This was not, however, "one of those days".
That's the key thing. Players are allowed to have bad games and it is fine to overlook them especially when they have carried the team's attack like Rashford has this season so far.

The problem was his off night was mainly because he was incredibly selfish to think more about the record than the team's need to get a second goal. He was absolutely fine in the first half and even played that amazing pass to Eriksen who had an assist. Even after we conceded, you could see a clear change in how he was playing when he started trying to find his teammates in the final few minutes. So it's not a lack of fitness but rather a clear selfishness to get his own personal record which led to him ignoring his teammates the whole of the second half.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Shite today, but whatever. Just get it out your system for this game, because if you serve that up vs Arsenal, we are done for.

Walters_19_MuFc

The issue is how poorly he played tonight, obviously. Plus a long running theme of selfishness and bad decision making that sets him apart from the really talented players in his position (e.g. Saka at Arsenal)

Toney, MItrovic, Rodrigo and Almiron have all scored more league goals than him this season. All playing for teams well below us in the league (obviously not even going to bother comparing his tally with Kane and Haaland) He’s only scored one more goal than Bobby fecking Firmino who can’t get a game for a Liverpooo side in free fall! So Rashford’s alleged elite goalscoring rate isn’t a very compelling defence.
I said the most ''in form'' attacking player, not the top goalscorer.

Real Name

What? He was absolute shit since the start of the season. He only started performing after the World Cup
Again some of you have GOLD FISH MEMORY when it comes to RASHFORD

He wasn't shit. Especially not ABSOLUTELY. I'm not sure what did you prove with that PICTURE.

Anyway, enjoy your misery. It's must be a torture for you to be an United supporter.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pot kettle yeah.
Just like the praise for Lukaku, Maguire, McTominay, Rashford...
When you have tunnel vision you have tunnel vision there's no helping it.
Tunnel vision :lol:

Again pot kettle

GifLord

He wasn't shit. Especially not ABSOLUTELY. I'm not sure what did you prove with that PICTURE.

Anyway, enjoy your misery. It's must be a torture for you to be an United supporter.
He was absolutely criminal at times.
Also he was good for only 3 games. Pretty much invisibile vs city bar the tap in goal.
He can't even consistently be good for a month.
It's basically Rashford's trademark 2-3 decent performances, fans start to overrate him goes back to his shell of inconstency.

Walters_19_MuFc

I must have misunderstood “out scoring the lot“ then. And I can think of at least two attacking players at Arsenal alone in better form than Rashford is in right now.
In terms of form. Didn't think I'd have to spell it out for you.

Did you not see the graphic they put up today? Think it was since the word cup, I don't know. No need to be so pedantic. He's a player in form scoring goals. It's that simple!

Real Name

He was absolutely criminal at times.
Also he was good for only 3 games. Pretty much invisibile vs city bar the tap in goal.
He can't even consistently be good for a month.
It's basically Rashford's trademark 2-3 decent performances, fans start to overrate him goes back to his shell of inconstency.
I think you'll need to rewatch City game if you think he was invisible. Or all the games since the start of the season to be exact.

GifLord

I think you'll need to rewatch City game if you think he was invisible. Or all the games since the start of the season to be exact.
Before the WC
14 games and 4 goals in EPL

After the WC
5 games and 4 goals - with his last 2 performances being average and abysmal.
You can praise him all you want but we'll win feck all with these sort of inconsistent players in our team.

acnumber9

He may have ‘only’ scored 8 league goals but 5 of them have been winning goals. 4 of them against Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool. His big game record is pretty elite.

The Purley King

Wasteful tonight.
Didn’t see the energy he’s had in previous games.
Has done well post World Cup but tonight was a bad day at the office.
Turn it on against arsenal and all is forgiven………

GifLord

Are we back to saying he's injured when he has a shit game?
Not just injured, He's probably having girlfriend issues aswell oh and don't forget mental issues.
It's the modus operandi of the rashford fanboy brigade on Redcafe

BlueHaze

Problem with him, and it's a big problem is after performances like today half of us say: he must be playing injured. That says it all. His lowest moments have no limit to how awful he can be and that is what separates a decent player from a good player.

A good one even on their bad days will do at least something. This guy just completely vanishes out of the game. He has been playing for the first team for so many years now and not ONCE have I thought, oh Rashford is definitely going to win us this game.

You NEVER know what you'll get with him. I agree with @GifLord he's too inconsistent...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Problem with him, and it's a big problem is after performances like today half of us say: he must be playing injured. That says it all. His lowest moments have no limit to how awful he can be and that is what separates a decent player from a good player.

A good one even on their bad days will do at least something. This guy just completely vanishes out of the game. He has been playing for the first team for so many years now and not ONCE have I thought, oh Rashford is definitely going to win us this game.

You NEVER know what you'll get with him. I agree with @GifLord he's too inconsistent...
Like his pass to Eriksen before the goal?
People are allowed bad days. Most teams have more than 1 competent attacker.

fallengt

The shade of 21/22 Rashford. He still got it in him.

Last edited:

ForeverRed1

Needs to forget about personal records and ask himself, does he want to win trophies ? That’s what your career gets judged on when you retire.

NoPace

I dont think he looked fit tonight and that showed in his game
Felt that way too. Was screaming for him to go up top by the 50 minute mark because he was starting to give the ball away on the wing.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Its so frustrating. His good/bad performances have so much deviation. Sigh. He can be world class one game and can't control a ball in the next one.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He wasn't good today at all, but it also signified a huge problem in the team.

If he plays poorly, our entire attack(which is already sketchy) becomes basically useless.

We need another attacker to step up.
Yep, and that's been the case for years. Whenever he's had shite season we were equally shite too.

Real Name

Before the WC
14 games and 4 goals in EPL

After the WC
5 games and 4 goals - with his last 2 performances being average and abysmal.
You can praise him all you want but we'll win feck all with these sort of inconsistent players in our team.
How to put this nicely.
You're writing some absolute crap. Top being he was abysmal against City.
That's just the top of the pile.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Blaming him when we don’t even have a top quality striker or even RW :lol:

Yep it’s Rashford’s fault!

How stupid can one be.

Red00012

What’s with his head down when he runs into 3 players and expects to get past them? It’s under 12 level stuff

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Blaming him when we don’t even have a top quality striker or even RW :lol:

Yep it’s Rashford’s fault!

How stupid can one be.
So unless we have Haaland as CF and prime Robben at RW, he can't be criticized?

The guy was absolute shit last night. Couldn't control a ball, couldn't find a pass to save his life, ran into several defenders time after time (like last season). I don't see what that has to do with having a top quality CF and RW. What are they gonna do, yell at him to control it better?
It's okay to admit he was in great form before the game but had a shit night. It doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.