6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

footballbite

The knock he picked up during the City game seemed to slow him down/hinder him for the rest of the match,

He played vs Palace as if he was still inhibited by the issue a bit. I'm pretty sure the issue is as simple as that (not him lacking quality, losing his form etc.).

Up until he got the knock vs City, including early on in that game, he was very much still flying.

You have to hope that the problem isn't anywhere near as serious as his back problem under Ole and you don't run him in to the ground again when he needs to recover. But it''s tough as he's also too important to the team to be without.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I hope he discharged that rapacity out from his system against palace, we need him back on top form tonight, hope he's up to it.

Doracle

I hope we aren’t overplaying him. He didn’t look fit to me v Palace and it worries me that he played the full match, as we can’t afford to continue to take risks with him. Hopefully, he is fully recovered for today.

jem

Great goal but frustrating otherwise. That ridiculous pass back to Martinez towards the end was so lacking in composure.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Great goal but the rest of his performance gave me Ole ball flashbacks, same shite, no workrate, selfish, strops if he doesnt get the right pass, head down running at 4 defenders and comes off 1 times out of 10. Has there ever been a more frustrating Utd player? He has all the tools to be elite, but his selfish playing for himself stops him getting there. Saka is a much more effective player simply because he always seems to play for the team.

BerryBerryShrew

Great goal, but we would all have been up in arms had he not scored given that he could have slipped in Bruno on the left.

jem

Great goal, but we would all have been up in arms had he not scored given that he could have slipped in Bruno on the left.
I'm sure there are any number of great long-range goals for which you could go back and make sure revisionist comments.

AFC NimbleThumb

Felt for him at points today. Surrounded by utter shite in midfield who do nothing to build consistent attacks. Can’t blame him for taking his shot in the first half when you’re backed by the ghost of Eriksen & McAverage.

lex talionis

Brilliant early on, but faded. He needed a second attacking player to link with…such as Garnacho.

ShinjiNinja26

He didn’t deserve to be on the losing side after the goal he scored, absolute beauty! Carrying our attack right now, the others need to step the feck up. Hopefully Sancho returns rejuvenated and we start seeing the best of him as well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Looks knackered, needs to sit out the next few cup games and come on as a sub

Bobski

Problem was that Arsenal could key on him entirely with neither of Weghorst or Antony providing a threat.

Doracle

Hopefully gets a rest now. One outstanding goal and nearly a second, despite generally feeding on scrapes.

Great goal but the rest of his performance gave me Ole ball flashbacks, same shite, no workrate, selfish, strops if he doesnt get the right pass, head down running at 4 defenders and comes off 1 times out of 10. Has there ever been a more frustrating Utd player? He has all the tools to be elite, but his selfish playing for himself stops him getting there. Saka is a much more effective player simply because he always seems to play for the team.
Totally agree. I think his effort level and team play have been a lot better this season overall - even in games where he hasn't played too well - but the last two matches have been a time machine right back to last season.

Shaw was screaming at him to help with Saka and it just didn't happen. Left him 1v1, sometimes 2v1, all game. Played for himself in the last two.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A one man attack. With the money we've spent over the years that is,frankly, embarrassing.

OL29

The lack of goal contributions from any other attackers is going to kill us this season.

OmarUnited4ever

those Arsenal cnuts stealing his celebration, feck em.

Great Goal, not much of service today and second half he was kinda anonymous but not his fault entirely, and he should've helped Shaw in doubling on Saka unless he was instructed to stay up for the counter.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Totally agree. I think his effort level and team play have been a lot better this season overall - even in games where he hasn't played too well - but the last two matches have been a time machine right back to last season.

Shaw was screaming at him to help with Saka and it just didn't happen. Left him 1v1, sometimes 2v1, all game. Played for himself in the last two.
Yeah Shaw alluding to that in the post match interview, talking about staying switched on for the entire game and allowing Arsenal to take complete control of the second half. Not only Rashford he was referring to but definitely Rashford included in that. Frustrating because he needs to step it up now and be consistent if we are ever gonna compete for titles.

Doracle

those Arsenal cnuts stealing his celebration, feck em.

Great Goal, not much of service today and second half he was kinda anonymous but not his fault entirely, and he should've helped Shaw in doubling on Saka unless he was instructed to stay up for the counter.
I don’t think his job is to double up on Saka. We rely on our left midfielder (Eriksen and then Fred) to do that, so that he’s free to break. Marcus is to track the RB and you’ll see him tracking back whenever the RB goes forwards.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Good goal but really needs to stop thinking he can do it all himself, such a greedy player.

Swiss_Red89

I don’t think his job is to double up on Saka. We rely on our left midfielder (Eriksen and then Fred) to do that, so that he’s free to break. Marcus is to track the RB and you’ll see him tracking back whenever the RB goes forwards.
Absolutely this.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good goal but really needs to stop thinking he can do it all himself, such a greedy player.
I can slightly understand why, though im not in favour of it, when he's playing with players who are simply bang average or worse.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People still taking digs at him even now. Unbelievable. We'd be 12th place at best if he hadn't found his scoring boots again. The only threat we have tbh apart from the Garnacho cameos.

wangyu

Selfish player, think he can take on an entire team by himself. But we can’t tear him down either as he is literally our only consistent goal threat

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Carrying all the attack single handed all season, it's embarrassing as a top club. We are screwed if he loses form or gets injured

Status
Not open for further replies.