Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Also bizarre how fans are on his back. Scored a great solo goal, no one else would have done that. Look how much teams fear him

angak

Great goal, outside of that his off the ball play was awful.
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but he is so halfhearted when there is a 50/50 ball.

That ramsdale coming out of his box when Rashford was through and Rashford just put half a leg in was terrible. Win that challenge and he scores.

UDontMessWith24

He’s bounced back immediately after Palace and being benched against Wolves, where earlier in his career he would have followed up with a string of bad games. Deserves credit especially considering the other front 3 members were so easy for Arsenals defense to deal with

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but he is so halfhearted when there is a 50/50 ball.

That ramsdale coming out of his box when Rashford was through and Rashford just put half a leg in was terrible. Win that challenge and he scores.
It's something he has been doing since his third season. Had a lot more heart before that, not sure what changed but he isn't the type of aggressive fearless Rooney type of player anymore, yet he seemed to have that edge to him at the start. His numbers aren't that impressive. He is basically a limited striker, taking up a wing-role where he doesn't contribute much anymore except for goals.

KjaAnd

Great goal but like I said after the Palace game he seems like he's not properly switched on at the moment. He doesn't press or help out his LB. He doesn't challenge defenders for headers or 50/50's. And he doesn't look like he's enjyoing being out on the pitch either - in stark contrast to earlier in the season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Even if you find him inconsistent, he is consinstently our only goal threat. It's ridiculous how poor our other forwards are at making opposition defenders actually defend.

angak

Great goal but like I said after the Palace game he seems like he's not properly switched on at the moment. He doesn't press or help out his LB. He doesn't challenge defenders for headers or 50/50's. And he doesn't look like he's enjyoing being out on the pitch either - in stark contrast to earlier in the season.
Really well said. The goals are masking his performances.

When he is pressing and he doesn't win the initial ball he automatically has his head down. Wtf go again, press again & again so complaining.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Brilliant, brilliant goal. Would have gone down as one of the best moments in the last decade if we'd have gone on to get the win from there.

I do worry that his recent form has gone to his head a touch and that Rashy of the Rovers is starting to creep back in. Been some signs of him wanting to do it all himself most times he gets the ball in last few games, whereas I think starting to become a bit more of a well-rounded team player is what spurred him into his run of good form to start with.

Swiss_Red89

People still taking digs at him even now. Unbelievable. We'd be 12th place at best if he hadn't found his scoring boots again. The only threat we have tbh apart from the Garnacho cameos.
It's ridicoulus isn't it? Our best player for weeks but some in here just take every possible opportunity to criticise.

Had MotM performances for 8 games in a row but the haters were back in full force after the first bad performance vs palace.

Sometimes I feel this fanbase doesn't deserve him.

Incredible goal. He’s becoming a superstar for us. Had Ben White on skates once again. Faded off in the second half alongside the whole team as we only played a few days ago.

Walters_19_MuFc

Had his good and bad moments but I always had the feeling that something was going to happen when he got the ball. Didn't have that feeling last season.

Arsenal were scared to death of him, and if it wasn't for Ramsdale's terrific save, he'd have been walking away with a brace.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
When Rashford is in form, managers run him into the ground.
Yep, lad hasn't been right since the first half against City despite still putting the ball in the back of the net. Probably won't get it but he really needs to sit out the next 3

Doracle

Yep, lad hasn't been right since the first half against City despite still putting the ball in the back of the net. Probably won't get it but he really needs to sit out the next 3
That’s what I’m hoping. He looked a lot more like his normal self than against Palace though, so hoping he was just managing a small issue. Don’t want to see him start v Forest though.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Our new striker has to be complementary with him. He is capable of hiting 30+ a season in this system. If we can find our Benzema it would elevate the whole attack.

led_scholes

It seems like a tactical change. I think that he is probably getting tired and ETH has decided that he has to keep the energy for runs. 2 games straight he is doesn't go below the middle.

Red Rash

It wasn't his best game but a fantastic goal and very close to another one. His form this season has been fantastic but we are becoming too dependent on him to score.

Wheato

Neat. Do you have that in a higher resolution?
His goal today was sublime. He sent Partey on his holidays, and the shot into the bottom left hand corner that followed was world class. I immediately thought of Mbabbe in the World Cup for France when he just turned it on and blew people away.

how_giroud

Supports
Arsenal
He needs to do some work on certain parts of his game, but without him you would be in some serious, serious, trouble. He's the only player today who made me clench my buttocks when he got the ball. If you traded off what he did offensively for the other aspects of his game that are lacking, I'm convinced you would be in a much worse position! Really thought he did well today.

Frank White

Lovely goal but he looked dead for the majority of the game, no idea why he stayed on surely Garnacho would have be decent cover?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Lovely goal but he looked dead for the majority of the game, no idea why he stayed on surely Garnacho would have be decent cover?
Because, unlike his team-mates, he's our only real consistent goal threat.

I think he's going to be played alot this season, even in games where you'd expect him to be rested.

TempusFugit

He needs help real soon, our only consistent goal threat. If he gets injured we're in big, big trouble.

Irwin99

Fantastic goal. Was unlucky with the save Ramsdale made too. He's virtually carrying our attack on his own this season at times.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's gonna be so good next season with Kane to play off of IMO

Shame we lost, Rashford, Martinez and Varane didn't deserve to be on the losing side today. Rashfords dribbling in particular was class I thought

kundalini

Brilliant goal. Did well for the deflected shot that was saved. Other than that, absolutely awful, forever attempting low percentage tricks that didn't come off. I don't even know what he was trying from Fernandes' through-ball (Rashford looked offside to me). Admittedly, his team-mates inability to find him with not particularly difficult passes, limited the number of times he had the ball in the final third.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
In the form of his life at the moment but I’m worried what happens if he gets injured? Where do the goals come from then?

Ekeke

So on the discussion about Rashford tracking back... I think since he's our most vital part of our counter attacks having a threat, he's doing what Neville refers to as "cheating" and what lots of attacking players have done with their teams, which is not track all the way back and be in a good position to break all the way up the pitch if we can recover the ball, knowing he'll be in a good position to build up the pitch.

If that is the tactic like it seems, then ETH is gambling on us getting more out of that than the opposition going the other way. Also one way you can help to defend your side is if you can pin back the opposition attacker and fullback on the same side, making them constantly be in a defensive position and taking the sting out of their team's attack.

The strategy didnt work this time. Yes Rashford got a great goal and for a certain amount of the match we had some threat going forward but without getting shots away and on target. But after about 60 mins we didnt even have that threat. We were just pinned and under constant pressure.

By that time I had noticed that Rashford was usually the furthest man forward while Weghorst was essentially an extra man in midfield trying to battle and close down. To some extent this achieved the same as I described above. When Weghorst is doing that he has no chance of being up in an attacking move. Rashford would have to do it almost alone, and of course he can chase down things better than Weghorst but its still taking the effectiveness out of our attacks if we dont have the numbers breaking forward and helping each other.

Ludens the Red

In the form of his life at the moment but I’m worried what happens if he gets injured? Where do the goals come from then?
Yeah, huge problem this actually. For all him
and Bruno’s performance patchiness, they are basically the only two players out of six attackers who are capable of scoring or creating goals (don’t want to include Garnacho as he’s still so young).
We’re unlikely to get any sort of decent numbers from Martial, Antony, Elanga, Weghorst and Sancho. Probably explains why we have such a low goal difference.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
In the form of his life. He's been your only real goal threat all season, practically carrying you. That strike today and the nutmeg on Partey was top drawer.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yeah, huge problem this actually. For all him
and Bruno’s performance patchiness, they are basically the only two players out of six attackers who are capable of scoring or creating goals (don’t want to include Garnacho as he’s still so young).
We’re unlikely to get any sort of decent numbers from Martial, Antony, Elanga, Weghorst and Sancho. Probably explains why we have such a low goal difference.
The only one I have faith in out of the ones you mentioned is sancho. I think when he’s fully fit and on it, he’ll contribute a lot. But ye it’s awful for a club as big as us to have no other threat than 1 or 2 players.

Malone_Post

He’s single handedly carrying our attack. Apart from Garnacho, when he gets minutes, he’s the only attacker we have that causes the opposition any sort of trouble or looks like scoring. An injury to him and we’re absolutely screwed.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s turning into an absolute beast. Until last season this is the player I always believed he could become. Nice to see him reaching his potential now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Its weird how people jizz about haaland for not doing much than scoring but a lw gets hate for doing the same for us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s single handedly carrying our attack. Apart from Garnacho, when he gets minutes, he’s the only attacker we have that causes the opposition any sort of trouble or looks like scoring. An injury to him and we’re absolutely screwed.
How do we spend millions and millions on new attackers and all our best ones seem to come out of the academy? :lol:

Mike Smalling

It's amazing how he just continues to build on his goal scoring record vs. the top 6 (even if the top 6 should probably be adjusted pretty soon).

3 goals vs. Arsenal, 1 vs. City, 1 vs. Liverpool this season. Pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.