View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Hammondo

Is this the first season where rashford has looked disinterested?

He has had poor seasons in the past but that was more down to playing through injuries and general inconsistencies
He's pretty much the exact same as other seasons without the goals.

Chumpsbechumps

Rashford
Goals and assists per minute played : 1 every 207 minutes. Without the 2 penalties (that Bruno really shouldn’t of given him but were done to pick rash up), it goes down to 252 minutes

Anthony
Goals and assists per minute played : 1 every 407 minutes

One thing you get with Anthony is hard work. I’d argue Anthony’s performance against Chelsea was better than anything Rashford has done this season. You could also make the argument that Anthony missing alot of games reduced his chance of getting full fitness and Rashford playing regardless of form has given him more opportunities to pad his goal/assist stats.

Does Rashford get a far easier time of it because he’s a club youth product and he’s English ? Seems like this places a huge role. Even when Hoijland wasn’t scoring he was working hard and yet he was getting stick when our most dangerous forward last season was sort of getting a pass.

I don’t normally like singling out players like this cause there’s enough people who get on the backs of managers/players. But I feel Rashford gets far more leeway when you look at the season and the “efforts” he has made in some games.

On a side note, do people think he’s coached to trot beside opponents? It’s a serious question. There are some coaches who do give certain players allowances , like is there any chance Rash is allowed to basically not work as hard, in the hope he preserves his energy for explosive runs? I’m not saying that BTW, only thinking out loud if there might be an alternative explanation to “WTF , why is he not tracking back or closing that player down?!”

didz

On a side note, do people think he’s coached to trot beside opponents? It’s a serious question. There are some coaches who do give certain players allowances , like is there any chance Rash is allowed to basically not work as hard, in the hope he preserves his energy for explosive runs? I’m not saying that BTW, only thinking out loud if there might be an alternative explanation to “WTF , why is he not tracking back or closing that player down?!”
In some cases, yeah. It's pretty common practice to put only some pressure on a fullback to open up an easier pass inside where your midfielders are ready to win the ball and have your winger go while said fullback is maladjusted.

This is not something that should really be happening towards the end of games we're winning, so there's no explanation for that that I can see. There's also the fact that our midfield can't win the ball anyway. And the fact that the pressure Rashford exerts is so little that the fullback's pass is usually gonna be a pretty good one - Garnacho does the same thing, but cos he bustles more we tend to have a better chance at winning the ball when it comes infield, bad as we are at doing so. Then again he does tire from doing that and ends up subbed a lot as a result.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Rashford
Goals and assists per minute played : 1 every 207 minutes. Without the 2 penalties (that Bruno really shouldn’t of given him but were done to pick rash up), it goes down to 252 minutes

Anthony
Goals and assists per minute played : 1 every 407 minutes

One thing you get with Anthony is hard work. I’d argue Anthony’s performance against Chelsea was better than anything Rashford has done this season. You could also make the argument that Anthony missing alot of games reduced his chance of getting full fitness and Rashford playing regardless of form has given him more opportunities to pad his goal/assist stats.

Does Rashford get a far easier time of it because he’s a club youth product and he’s English ? Seems like this places a huge role. Even when Hoijland wasn’t scoring he was working hard and yet he was getting stick when our most dangerous forward last season was sort of getting a pass.

I don’t normally like singling out players like this cause there’s enough people who get on the backs of managers/players. But I feel Rashford gets far more leeway when you look at the season and the “efforts” he has made in some games.

Just like in management not everyone is a team player. Some would just refuse to follow instruction. Yes. So what?

Sadly it happens in all walk of life. Professionalism is not a guarantee.

In some case the boss (manager) is tough enough he can chop these insubordination, in some case managers just go on with the flow hoping they can outlast the p45. In football case once the majority of player stop playing for the manager they're mostly done.

So it's not a clear cut of he's being told A or B.

In an ideal world ETH should be strict and bench the culprit, but when he holds big influence in the dressing room it's not as simple as that. Moyes rightly or wrongly got undermined pretty bad with his managerial decisions being leaked out (chips) and ridiculed, the play it like Jagielka incident was very unprofessional from our old guards even if we all knew he's out of his depth. Can you imagine Moyes tactics would work if the whole team are trying to spite him. The 82 cross against Fulham is them taking the piss out of Moyes

Hypothetically if SAF in his prime is managing Rashford, chances are he'll behave because he knows this is one mean BAMF you cant feck around with. Not so with ETH.

Even the fans simply refuse to call Rashford out at times, and still defending him till today. Can you imagine if somehow ETH has a crystal ball and start benching Rashford from year 1 or put him on transfer list? There'd be riot wanting him gone.

Pughnichi

Bored of saying it. Just feck off..please…for my sanity, for my club…feck off

Atheist

He almost always only plays well on the left with an overlapping fullback like Shaw. Wan Bissaka is useless in any attacking sense. That doesn’t mean Rashford wasn’t shit though - he was diabolical.

KjaAnd

He’s either physically shot or mentally gone. He offers no threat going forward anymore. Can’t beat his man, doesn’t run in behind, sloppy passing, can’t get a shot off, can’t control the ball. It’s incredibly sad to witness.

rajds89

I've been a huge fan of Marcus over the years and have back him against a lot of the shit he gets over the last couple of years but I think I'm done with him now.

INEOS need to make a huge statement this summer to announce themselves and no bigger statement could be made by getting rid of this bloke. Especially given the fact he's recently signed a stupidly large contract whilst under the Glazers watch.

Based Adnan

Should have been him off at half time. Should be running bench moving forward but we all know he'll start.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Disappointed not to see Forson come on for him. Rashford's miles better but Forson can also run in behind and he may have passed a bit.

Gopher Brown

After watching that today I think he is utterly finished as a footballer and keeping him in the team is only prolonging his misery. Totally outshone by such luminaries of the game as Ryan Christie, Justin Kluivert and Adam Smith.

I will be controversial and say it looks like he's trying, but he's unable to control the ball, totally out of ideas as soon as he gets it, and doesn't know how to press and when to press.

Rossa

Apparently clocked the third highest top speed in Europe this season, which is strange considering he loses every foot race he's in. If ever there was an image of a person describing lack of intensity, then put a picture of Rashford. Jeeez...

Chairman Steve

This man does not want to play football anymore. He looks ready to collect his money and go do other things.

AndySmith1990

I strongly believe this club needs a big shake up and have done for years. As Mike said to Walt, no half measures. We're getting that in the executive department, hopefully we'll have a new manager too, but it must also include shipping out high earners who've contributed to a poor culture, like Rashford and Co.

Malons

So what you're all saying is he had a decent game and if he wasn't decent at any point it's because he thought someone considering writing about one of his tattoos?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rashford is not the problem you guys make him out to be, when he's off form he should be on the bench and you guys should be asking yourselves why he's getting so much time. Better management and coaching would be getting more out of him....

Cue several moronic responses mixed with 1 or 2 valid ones (that I'm going to ignore because I'm fuming and can't be arguing with anyone right now)

Last edited:

Irwin99

I actually thought he was a lot better in the second half for once :lol: . Amad and Garnacho were far worse in each half.

Doesn't excuse his terrible season.

Idxomer

That's him while actually trying, it seems he lost any quality on the ball he had before.

LordSpud

He lost his pace months ago. If anyone can provide a footrace he has actually won, that would be amazing.

Get rid in the summer.

clarkydaz

Rashford is not the problem you guys make him out to be, when he's off form he should be on the bench and you guys should be asking yourselves why he's getting so much time. Better management and coaching would be getting more out of him....

Cue several moronic responses mixed with 1 or 2 valid ones (that I'm going to ignore because I'm fuming and can't be arguing with anyone right now)
well thanks for that, i have 2 eyes of my own but maybe im being hasty. I thought that left foot swinger he took in the first half instead of a square pass was shit decision making, turns out it was coaching

led_scholes

I would agree if with him and Shaw there was not already a pattern of having a good 6 months every 18 months.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I actually thought he was a lot better in the second half for once :lol: . Amad and Garnacho were far worse in each half.

Doesn't excuse his terrible season.
In general I agree. First half he was better than Garnacho (who was terrible other than his work for the goal), and Rashford actually did step up and work hard in the second half which is something we rarely see these days.

Don't agree with your comment on Amad though. There's a reason that the only time in the match that we had a period where we actually looked good in an attacking sense was when he was getting quite involved.