Position: Forward - Left Winger
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Relatives
Squad Number: #10
Contract until: Jun 30, 2024
Date of Last Contract Extension: Jul 1, 2019
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:
Can't wait to see him again next season, hopefully with a better midfield and a striker next to him who can hold the ball up and find his runs.

Hearing him still get disrespected by some opposition fans is amusing. 30 goals and 11 assists last season with goals against Liverpool, Arsenal (x3), Man City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Newcastle in a cup final. Only 1 penalty and not even a striker.

The main issue here is his contract. Still not extended, into his last year

Can't wait to see him again next season, hopefully with a better midfield and a striker next to him who can hold the ball up and find his runs.

Hearing him still get disrespected by some opposition fans is amusing. 30 goals and 11 assists last season with goals against Liverpool, Arsenal (x3), Man City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Newcastle in a cup final. Only 1 penalty and not even a striker.
It isnt opposition fans, its mostly ours. Crying about a Gk united legend for not getting treated right since he was poty alot of times. whilst they cant appreciate arguably our only forward that led our attack for just under decade.
He maybe a purple patch player, but those patches are too deadly just to pretend like he is useless. Vinicius jr is treated higher for lower stats in a higher producing team.

There is 0% of him not signing a new contract. Even if he wanted to leave, he would sign a contract first so that we would get paid.

Him and his team had a bit of a mare earlier with the De Gea post, now he's edited it and turned off comments :lol:

There is 0% of him not signing a new contract. Even if he wanted to leave, he would sign a contract first so that we would get paid.
What do you mean? He'd stand to make more from a signing bonus if he left on a free.

Him and his team had a bit of a mare earlier with the De Gea post, now he's edited it and turned off comments :lol:

Pretty sad that he gets some PR goon to send out a farewell message to a guy he played with for 7/8 years.

Also, how arrogant is that post? "You were when I burst on the scene. Anyway, siya."

Pretty weird that a PR guy has to write a farewell message for a friend. I know most footballers are noit the brighest but just write a few heartfelt lines and if it has to be let someone proof read. I love Marcus but his PR team is horrible, not the first time he looks like a fool because of them.

How bad were the other suggestions if that's the one he picks?

I'm not naive, social media management is something all players indulge in to an extent but this just makes him look silly. Especially given his past activism if a public farewell to a team mate is beyond him. Was he simply posting things about school dinners he didn't really have any clue about?

What do you mean? He'd stand to make more from a signing bonus if he left on a free.

I mean that out of respect for the club and IF he really wanted to leave, he would not leave as bosman (meaning club getting £0 fee because he would be here until his contract runs out), he would sign a new contract and extend it with around 2 years (until 2026 since the current one runs out 2024) so that Manchester United would receive a full transfer fee - basically his current transfer value, probably around 100m euros at the moment, maybe more since we paid that much for Antony and Arsenal paying around 130-140m euros for Rice (add-ons included).

Isit me or has rashford gone abit head in the clouds recently. Even the way he dresses and all the bling, he wasn’t always like that, was he? He was known for being this humble manc lad from nothing. Now it’s all bling and private jets.. I don’t know, maybe he has always been like that… I guess that level of money and fame would change anyone in fairness.

Maybe every player thread should have a poll of sorts to say what is a "good season" expectation for a player.

We would get paid or he would get paid which one you think he'd like more? If you were him would you say no to a +30m so your employer get paid?

I mean that out of respect for the club and IF he really wanted to leave, he would not leave as bosman (meaning club getting £0 fee because he would be here until his contract runs out), he would sign a new contract and extend it with around 2 years (until 2026 since the current one runs out 2024) so that Manchester United would receive a full transfer fee - basically his current transfer value, probably around 100m euros at the moment, maybe more since we paid that much for Antony and Arsenal paying around 130-140m euros for Rice (add-ons included).
This is wishful thinking, unfortunately. He'd be throwing away tens of millions of pounds plus higher wages by doing so.

Why would Rashford want to leave though for the French league non the less. He was just voted player of the season. We look like we're on the up and he's the star forward. He'll simply use their interest to ensure his status at the club is reflected in the new contract.

Isit me or has rashford gone abit head in the clouds recently. Even the way he dresses and all the bling, he wasn’t always like that, was he? He was known for being this humble manc lad from nothing. Now it’s all bling and private jets.. I don’t know, maybe he has always been like that… I guess that level of money and fame would change anyone in fairness.

:lol: he's been like that for a long time. He seems to have two personas.

My expectation for him this year is 20-25 in the league alone. That's the minimum expectation for a world class forward.

He has always been like that, you should have seen what he was wearing when he hung out with JLingz.

Very interesting to see how he'll get on.

Last season was his best statistically, most productive. But to me, his general play wasnt as good as his best in 19/20 and 20/21. Did he overperform his xG?

I wonder if it's sustainable, he did outrageous things last season.

I don't understand how these Player Performance threads are supposed to work.
Meant to be to discuss player performance, just the contract timing spilled in I guess. Then it become a place where he gets shat on after a bad game or becomes the greatest thing since sliced bread if he plays well. Welcome to the caf.

Great news but just wait for the utterly stupid "he doesn't deserve that or we don't need him or we can surely get someone better but I have no fecking idea who" brigade.

He has always been like that, you should have seen what he was wearing when he hung out with JLingz.

That’s where it started I feel.. defo got more flash though.

on another note.. who in England has offered him a more lucrative contract ?

Hopefully he doesn't resort to his old trick of turning to complete shit after signing a new contract. We'll need his goals again next season if we're not signing a world class striker.

Not sure he'll hit 30 again this season, that was a bit elevated due to us having absolutely nobody else to be an outlet. Garnacho will be more involved, you'd assume a CF comes in, you'd assume Antony can provide more goal threat and Sancho/Mount should be good to pitch in with some.

But above 20 goals and above 10 assists is pretty much what I expect to be Rashford norm which is still excellent (and having a hot year where you go up to 30 is within a normal variation id say).

Hopefully he doesn't resort to his old trick of turning to complete shit after signing a new contract. We'll need his goals again next season if we're not signing a world class striker.
Ah like after his last contract in July 2019, after which he had back to back 20+ goal and 10+ assist seasons, along with last season gettin 30 goals? So 3 of the 4 seasons of his contract being very much not complete shit, and the other clearly being a team thing.

Wonder who in England was offering him more £££

Status
Not open for further replies.