Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
This is wishful thinking, unfortunately. He'd be throwing away tens of millions of pounds plus higher wages by doing so.
Guess not since he obviously turned down a lot more money from clubs in and outside the UK according to Fabrizio. Some people can see value in 350.000k per week and don´t need the extra 50.000k to be happy. Marcus is born and raised in the same city he fullfilled his dream, something 99% of what all people dream of - to be able to go to have your hubby as your work and on top on that earning more money then you can spend if you are s normal human. He can live in luxury, provade for his wife, kids, family (mom, brother, sister) and even help real friends that have been there for him and his family when they did not have much. Me in his situation would NEVER leave Manchester United, he has all it takes to become a true legend of the club retiring one day as the best goal scorer of all time for the club and have kids talking about him for decades.

Respect Marcus, not that you took a paycut haha but for sticking around in good and bad times and always being an gentleman of and on the pitch representing our club in the best possible way. Keep up the great job from last season on pitch as well and the salary that people seem to be bothered with will soon be forgotten (specially when players like Declan Rice is worth 125m euros in today´s market).

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Guess not since he obviously turned down a lot more money from clubs in and outside the UK according to Fabrizio. Some people can see value in 350.000k per week and don´t need the extra 50.000k to be happy. Marcus is born and raised in the same city he fullfilled his dream, something 99% of what all people dream of - to be able to go to have your hubby as your work and on top on that earning more money then you can spend if you are s normal human. He can live in luxury, provade for his wife, kids, family (mom, brother, sister) and even help real friends that have been there for him and his family when they did not have much. Me in his situation would NEVER leave Manchester United, he has all it takes to become a true legend of the club retiring one day as the best goal scorer of all time for the club and have kids talking about him for decades.

Respect Marcus, not that you took a paycut haha but for sticking around in good and bad times and always being an gentleman of and on the pitch representing our club in the best possible way. Keep up the great job from last season on pitch as well and the salary that people seem to be bothered with will soon be forgotten (specially when players like Declan Rice is worth 125m euros in today´s market).
I never said he wouldn't sign, and I never said he wouldn't turn down more money to play for us.

My point was that if he ended up deciding to leave, he wasn't going to sign a new contract just so we could get a transfer fee. That part is wishful thinking.

Strelok

Not sure if this is the place to post this but I'm Vietnamese and believe me or not for no reason whatsoever I was thinking 'Vietnam' while watching the clip. What an incredible surprise when he said that :lol:

Vietnam have a huge number of United fans and I'm one of them for +25 years. We'd really really absolutely love to welcome you here mate. Love the man :devil:

united for life

It’s unfortunate we are going on the preseason tour without a striker. This means Marcus will start as a #9 during these games. This is not his best position; last season showed that he plays best out on the left running at defense. Hope to sort the striker situation soon. Marcus is expected to have a big season next year and this will only happen if he plays in his favorite positio

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It’s unfortunate we are going on the preseason tour without a striker. This means Marcus will start as a #9 during these games. This is not his best position; last season showed that he plays best out on the left running at defense. Hope to sort the striker situation soon. Marcus is expected to have a big season next year and this will only happen if he plays in his favorite positio
He talks about this in this interview:

IHateTheEightyEights

Rashford will probably be our main striker this season, even if we get Hojlund.

Which would be fine by me. I'd prefer Kane or a Toney but Rashford's supposed deficiencies up front are way, way, way overblown by United fans. He can receive the ball, lay it off or turn, and he can create chances for others. He's not a WC striker but from you can do those basics and score goals that's more than enough.

Idxomer

He hasn't really come back from his holidays yet and we need him in last season's form again.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Which would be fine by me. I'd prefer Kane or a Toney but Rashford's supposed deficiencies up front are way, way, way overblown by United fans. He can receive the ball, lay it off or turn, and he can create chances for others. He's not a WC striker but from you can do those basics and score goals that's more than enough.
His game hasnt matured enough yet to be a CF. He will admit that himself. He lacked the patience but as he gets older I am sure he will grow into it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rashford's performances at striker did improve a bit last season, but I've got to say I still don't actually 'want' him to play there. His all-round game when playing in that position is just...well, negligible. His work-rate is shit, his movement is shit, his hold-up play is shit, his ability to link with others is ok on a good day and shit on a bad day...

Obviously this is just a preseason game against a very good side, but it's basically just a continuation of how he normally plays. If he's not running in behind the defence breaking the offside trap, he really doesn't provide much at all when playing at striker.

In theory I'm all for bringing in a young striker and letting them alternate with Rashford, but in reality I do worry that Rashford at striker is far too often downright terrible and is basically like playing with 10 men. I think we'll once again be very reliant on Martial actually managing to stay fit, which unfortunately seems as likely as Jones staying fit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He can play in a strikers partnership but not lead the line as a sole striker.

He isn’t a back to goal type of striker which we especially need when our wide players are not very creative & better being played in themselves..

This is why Bruno was played out wide - to try and play Rashford in from through balls out wide.

Walters_19_MuFc

Need to see him back on the left, with a player who is good with their back to goal up top.

As it stands, I'd probably continue to play Sancho there, although he wasn't very good when he came on against Real.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Need to see him back on the left, with a player who is good with their back to goal up top.

As it stands, I'd probably continue to play Sancho there, although he wasn't very good when he came on against Real.
I think Ten Hag are playing players in weaker positions to help them grow.

Antony was playing LW few days back to get better at his weaker foot I think.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think Ten Hag are playing players in weaker positions to help them grow.

Antony was playing LW few days back to get better at his weaker foot I think.
Maybe, but its not like Rashford hasn't played the striker position a lot of times.

I think ten Hag may have thought we were going to play on the counter more, but we actually had equal possession.

I think Madrid dropped back a bit more having scored the early goal, and actually, it was them that had the space to counter.

That would have suited Rashford more, but as I said, we actually passed it around pretty well, but didn't really have anyone to knit anything together.

If you think about the partnership of Mount and Rashford, they are both at their best when running in behind. Unfortuantely, we hardly saw any of that. That said, on paper, the two don't compliment each other well, and Mount would be better suited with someone like Sancho or Martial.

I think ten Hag played a team that he would play in the so called 'tougher' games. A clear indication of that was playing Bruno on the right and Mainoo (normally Fred last season) next to Casemiro.

Gutted Mainoo went off injured, as I think he'd have potentially offered more than Eriksen, especially as he has the ability to go past players.

All in all, we were ok, but it is clear we need an all rounded striker.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only really 2 more friendlies to test things out. Hoping to see him on the left, Sancho as the false 9 and Antony or Amad wide right. Let's go with the formation we'll actually use during the season and use him where he should be used so he can develop some of those patterns with the attackers. Because our attackers certainly need it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

We're fecked if Rashford is our main striker this season.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
His game hasnt matured enough yet to be a CF. He will admit that himself. He lacked the patience but as he gets older I am sure he will grow into it.
He's about to turn 26 and is going to play his 9th season for the club. When do you reckon he'll be mature enough?

acnumber9

He's about to turn 26 and is going to play his 9th season for the club. When do you reckon he'll be mature enough?
When he stops playing the majority of his games in a different position? He actually has a better scoring rate up front.

RedStarUnited

The moment his speed goes, he will be done as a top player. He is so average at most of the things that a forward should be good at.

Carl

Lets not be over dramatic!

Who was our main striker last season, and where did we finish?
Well obviously in not talking about relegation, but what was good enough last season isn't good enough this season. Not to mention when those around us look stronger.

We won't make top4 with Rashford as our main striker.

Woziak

Well obviously in not talking about relegation, but what was good enough last season isn't good enough this season. Not to mention when those around us look stronger.

We don’t need too 5th will still qualify for CL this season!

Carl

We don’t need too 5th will still qualify for CL this season!
With the squad as it is, we won't finish above City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. Would be in a scrap with about 4 other teams for 5th.

Trophy Room

I don’t think he’s going to have a good season. Just not sure he’s as good as we think he is - just not prolific enough.

Carl

I don’t think he’s going to have a good season. Just not sure he’s as good as we think he is - just not prolific enough.
He's pretty prolific from left wing. Not clinical enough to be striker though.

Trophy Room

He's pretty prolific from left wing. Not clinical enough to be striker though.
Is he though? That’s always been the assumption but he was more effective centrally and off the right towards the latter half of last season.

Walters_19_MuFc

We've strengthened just as much as the others around us.

Do we need a striker? Yes! However, if Rashford was to be our main striker next season, given the service, he'll score goals. That being said, I do think we'll get a striker. As it stands, it's looking like Hojlund. if that is the case, then hopefully, he can hit the ground running.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yes, but we had Rashford on the left. What's the point in having a below-par Rashford up top, with a lesser player than Rashford on the left?
I agree that we need a striker, but to say ''we're fecked'' if Rashford is our striker, is a bit too much for me.

Our strikers last season consisted of Martial, Weghorst and Rashford, and we finished 3rd.

Also, having Garnacho to come in on the left isn't a bad replacement.

Remember the geese

I agree that we need a striker, but to say ''we're fecked'' if Rashford is our striker, is a bit too much for me.

Our strikers last season consisted of Martial, Weghorst and Rashford, and we finished 3rd.

Also, having Garnacho to come in on the left isn't a bad replacement.
It depends what we are hoping to achieve. Garnacho is a nice option off the bench, but he is yet to prove that he's capable of being a consistent starter in our first choice 11. For us to achieve anything this season, we need Rashford at his best and that isn't as a centre forward.

criticalanalysis

When he stops playing the majority of his games in a different position? He actually has a better scoring rate up front.
Rashford was poor yesterday but I've got to agree with this.

He's has to play on the left if we want the best for the team and his own development.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The poster I was asking said he wasn't mature enough to play CF. If he's going to grow into it he's going to have to play there. He should adapt quick to it if he's at all capable of playing well as a CF.

Woziak

With the squad as it is, we won't finish above City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. Would be in a scrap with about 4 other teams for 5th.
Were you also saying we wouldn’t make top 4 in that thread last season too, we’ve improved already but need goals. Right now K Mainoo development, Garnaucho 1 year wiser, and Mount and Onana have improved the squad from last season with Sabitzer and Weghorst.

We need three more transfers to cement top 3 in my opinion, S Amrabat, R Hojlund and a wild card like Gift Orban. ETH has a win rate of 70% in his career and at United in his first season he won 42/62 which is 68%, PL rate of 23/38 which is 60% I’m betting he improves that to 64% which is 24/25 wins so I think we’ll be ok however we desperately need a couple of strikers.

Stadjer

The moment his speed goes, he will be done as a top player. He is so average at most of the things that a forward should be good at.
Well lets hope it doesnt go then? I dont expect him to wake up tomorrow and notice that he is only able to get out of bed slowly because he lost his speed...

acnumber9

The poster I was asking said he wasn't mature enough to play CF. If he's going to grow into it he's going to have to play there. He should adapt quick to it if he's at all capable of playing well as a CF.
Him playing up front is borne out of necessity unfortunately. It’s far from ideal but it’s comfortably our best option currently.

bosnian_red

Why are you putting Chelsea in that group? They literally finished 12th. New manager, not a better manager than what we have. They don't have a better squad than we do.

I'd say we'll do similarly to Arsenal next season, and I do think Chelsea will finish 5th, but it's just straight up weird to think they'll finish above us... It's like you are ignoring that we have significantly strengthened with Onana and Mount, and there is almost no chance we face the same fixture congestion that we faced last season (meaning we will be fresher), and have a full year of EtH under our belts now.

bosnian_red

It only takes Liverpool and Chelsea to semi get their shit together, and Arsenal & Newcastle to not do worse than they did this year, for us to have a LOT harder job just staying in our position
We massively improved at GK and midfield, and there is no chance our fixture congestion will be as bad next season. Chelsea and Liverpool are going through big transition, though I do think Liverpool will be fine. Newcastle are about to feel fixture congestion for the first time and you bet your ass that has a big impact.

I'd be very surprised if Chelsea or Newcastle finish above us. Just like they didn't last year despite us playing about 20 games more than them over the season.