4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's prone to being sloppy in his decision making, touches and finishing. Nothing new.

Even when he was banging them in, some of the finishes weren't really to the levels of, say, RVP 12/13.

Stadjer

He's prone to being sloppy in his decision making, touches and finishing. Nothing new.

Even when he was banging them in, some of the finishes weren't really to the levels of, say, RVP 12/13.
Who's finishes are? Haaland and Kane? Lewa in Spain? Any other?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah, it's so weird to see so many conclusions drawn on single preseason game.
This is a weird accusation to make considering most of us have watched Rashford play for years. The idea that one would say Rashord doesn't have a great first touch is based on 1 pre season game despite having watched the guy his whole career at United is funny to me. Rashford has a good touch when he's on but even then it's spotty, not consistent for it to be considered a great first touch like you mentioned earlier.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Jesus he must have been ridiculously shite to warrant some of the comments in here. Only got to watch him against Arsenal where he was basically in the B side, so not watched are early morning preseason games. Mental that he's been written off after 3 preseason halves.
Can't we just critique our players performances without these type of over the top takes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is a weird accusation to make considering most of us have watched Rashford play for years. The idea that one would say Rashord doesn't have a great first touch is based on 1 pre season game despite having watched the guy his whole career at United is funny to me. Rashford has a good touch when he's on but even then it's spotty, not consistent for it to be considered a great first touch like you mentioned earlier.
This forum has lot of posters, not every post made is about you. I hope this cleared it.

roonster09

Scout
Really am hoping he turns up with a 30 goal season in the league as we are counting on him a lot. But I do not see it in him.
Not sure if this is a serious post.

30 goals in the league :lol:

Witchking

Not sure if this is a serious post.

30 goals in the league :lol:
If we need the goals, he has a big ask to contribute heavily. This will be his 8th season at United. If we cannot count on him as a senior player then who can we count on?

Antony, Sancho and Rasmus will continue about 10-15 goals in total while Bruno, mount, Casemiro about 10 odd.

He has to carry the burden and prove everyone wrong.

roonster09

Scout
If we need the goals, he has a big ask to contribute heavily. This will be his 8th season at United. If we cannot count on him as a senior player then who can we count on?

Antony, Sancho and Rasmus will continue about 10-15 goals in total while Bruno, mount, Casemiro about 10 odd.

Go and check how many times 30 league goals were scored in a season, you will see how absurd your ask is.

If people have unrealistic expectations, then he won't prove anyone wrong.

Frank White

Can't we just critique our players performances without these type of over the top takes.
Sure you can and like i said haven't watched the games to give my opinion but someone has quite literally said he's given up on the season 3 halves into PRE-SEASON....

Edit: Just seen i was beaten to the punch by @Pickle85

Blood Mage

When he's bad, he's very bad. It's hard to quantify how annoying it is to watch an out-of-form Rashford play.

Witchking

Go and check how many times 30 league goals were scored in a season, you will see how absurd your ask is.

If people have unrealistic expectations, then he won't prove anyone wrong.
Yeah, looking back 30 goals does seem absurd. Agreed. But he probably has to carry the main burden of scoring and has the capability to score at least 20+. He is good, but feel like he isn't playing to his potential and just going through games trying the same taking on players and not looking up. This will hamper the club especially if Rasmus is not going to be contributing much which is understandable.

tomaldinho1

A realistic target for him is 15 PL goals, he's not on penalties and I think that rate of 1 every 2 and a bit games is excellent.

Hojlund hopefully can hit similar numbers and I want Antony to get double figures. That for me would be an incredibly good output from the front three.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah, looking back 30 goals does seem absurd. Agreed. But he probably has to carry the main burden of scoring and has the capability to score at least 20+. He is good, but feel like he isn't playing to his potential and just going through games trying the same taking on players and not looking up. This will hamper the club especially if Rasmus is not going to be contributing much which is understandable.
He contributed 35-40 goals + assists in 3 out of last 4 seasons, he is a goal threat most of the time.

The Hilton

Was trying to do way too much by himself against Dortmund, but I expect that the manager will have him involving the team more by the time the season starts.

I expect a lot of the early issues he, and the other players that precede EtH, are having in pre-season are basically habit/muscle memory that'll take time to train out.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Who's finishes are? Haaland and Kane? Lewa in Spain? Any other?
What I meant was, there are times when he gets chances where he just hits it as hard as he can without finding the corner which results in him hitting it straight to the keeper. It's not quite consistent elite level finishing. One thing I think he's done well last season was how he was scoring with his head a bit more.

jem

This is the worst post of season 23/24, and it's still only July.
Unless you give reasons, your post is by far the bigger waste of space. For the record, I agree with most of what that poster said about Rashford.

Eplel

Unless you give reasons, your post is by far the bigger waste of space. For the record, I agree with most of what that poster said about Rashford.
I don't need to explain the obvious. 30 goals in the PL has happened a total of 12 times.

Apart from that, the rest is just jargon claims. What does "doesn't control his body when dribbling" even mean? What's the basis behind statements like that?

Suv666

He’s been very mediocre since his purple patch. Hopefully things pick up when the season starts

Witchking

I don't need to explain the obvious. 30 goals in the PL has happened a total of 12 times.

Apart from that, the rest is just jargon claims. What does "doesn't control his body when dribbling" even mean? What's the basis behind statements like that?
Probably you didn't watch the game yesterday. He had the ball and many times he tried to dribble away without being in control of himself or the ball. He doesn't seem to look up and see if there are better options to effectively use the ball. He is being selfish in parts of the pitch which are not that effective. Can understand if he wants to be selfish near the goal.

Also how many times he gave the ball away due to mis-controlling it? He was put through by Casemiro and others which came to nothing. He played the same game against Madrid. Half Hearted, wasting away the chances he had with the ball. Pre season games are to get fit and also show some semblance of taking things seriously.

I find him frustrating. He doesn't get any brownie points. He is a senior player going to start his 8th season. I did agree that 30 is far fetched and absurd as he is not consistent like Halaand nor is he a pure CF.

Are we not expected to raise the expectation of him? Is 10-15 goals in the premier league his maximum? Then he absolutely doesn't deserve the 5 year deal and the hike.

I hope he comes really good as he has similar traits to Mbappe from the left wing but he needs to be more tuned in during the games. I hope he proves me wrong and i will be very happy to accept this is all jargon and nonsense.

Devil You Know

He looked knackered.

Normally, that would be concerning. But with this being preseason and with the first XI only coming on for the final half-an-hour, it wouldn't be surprising EtH has been giving the starters double sessions to ramp up their fitness. Otherwise, they'd have played far more minutes.

I can't deny he's looked rusty the last few weeks. But this is definitely a case where we have to wait and see what happens in the opening game of the season.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
When he's bad, he's very bad. It's hard to quantify how annoying it is to watch an out-of-form Rashford play.
It's just the lack of fight in him that does it for me. Compare him to a Chiesa or even Antony on the opposite wing and you can see the difference in the desire they play with.

Rashford is levels more productive than those two so I'm not sure what I'm unhappy about to he honest.

If he was more consistent with goals/assists his general play would be less noticeable but it can be hard to look at him for multiple bad games in a row.

Anyway, this season, particularly with Garnacho looking for that left wing position, he'll hopefully really turn it on every week

Banana Republic

I don't know why people are talking about 30 league goals a season for Rashford?
That's fantasy land.
He's never scored 20 in a single season, in 8 seasons in the first team..
Last season's golden run, that lasted for just 3 months, saw him equal his previous best season (2019/20) with 17 league goals.
Which is a very respectable tally for a wide player.
His previous best, apart from 2019/20, was 10 and 11

Last season's excellent contribution brought his first team average, over 8 seasons, up from 8.4 league goals per season, to 9.5.

Being realistic, it'll be a bonus if he can get 15 in the PL this time round.
So we need a lot more goals from elsewhere.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have given up on him playing with his head up. He is a tunnel vision player, and doesn't even bother with what's around him.

Idxomer

The only player he feels like passing to in the final 3rd is Martial.

Hopefully, he takes a liking to Højlund or this partnership isn't gonna work.

jem

having doubts about a player whose form fluctuates as wildly as Rashford’s is hardly worst post of the year material.

Marcelinho87

The only player he feels like passing to in the final 3rd is Martial.

Hopefully, he takes a liking to Højlund or this partnership isn't gonna work.
I've noticed this too, he is very greedy and a lot of the time to the teams detriment.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I don't know why people are talking about 30 league goals a season for Rashford?
That's fantasy land.
Last season's golden run, that lasted for just 3 months, saw him equal his previous best season (2019/20) with 17 league goals.

Last season's excellent contribution brought his first team average, over 8 seasons, up from 8.4 league goals per season, to 9.5.

He did it twice before, come on mate. At least be well informed before posting this crap.

Banana Republic

Doesn't mean he'll want to go and play there.
True, but the money on offer will be very difficult to turn down.
It would be in Utd’s best interest to encourage him to take any such offer, despite what some fans might think about it.

Crimson King

True, but the money on offer will be very difficult to turn down.
It would be in Utd’s best interest to encourage him to take any such offer, despite what some fans might think about it.
There's a lot wrong with this post, but even if you wanted rid of him, I'm not sure he'd be that easy to replace, even for £100m.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He did it twice before, come on mate. At least be well informed before posting this crap.
I think that poster meant in the league. I was actually surprised he didn't get 20 last season, it felt like he got there.

acnumber9

Jesus, the expectation for the others in the squad are on the floor. If Bruno and Mount don’t score ten between them on their own then 40 from Rashford wouldn’t be enough.

Banana Republic

It’s fact, not crap.
Read what I said.
League goals !
The max he’s ever scored is 17 in a season.
He’s achieved this twice, in 2019/20 the COVID break season, when he and Tony Sicknote were scoring for fun and the season just gone.

If he can hit 15 league goals this season, that would be a very good return for a mostly wide player and above his 1st team career average of 9.5 per season.
Anything above that would be exceptionally good.

Marcus Rashford - Premier League goals scored.

2015/16 - 5 goals ( breakthrough into the first team season - only 11 appearances)
2016/17 - 5 goals
2017/18 - 7 goals
2018/19 - 10 goals
2019/20 - 17 goals
2020/21 - 11 goals
2021/22 - 4 goals
2022/23 - 17 goals

Grande

That's fantasy land.

I imagine it’s only one poster who wrote something as silly as 30 league goals. Even if his stint after the WC would put him in line for that over a season, that is exactly why very few scores 30 league goals a season, and no wingers/wide forwards since Cristiano Ronaldo. And that poster wasn’t even arguing for putting allmour trust in Rashford, quite the opposite.

Rashford has, however 31 goalsfor United last season, and three of the last seasons above 20 goals total. That is a lot more than respectable for a wide forward, be honest. However, I agree that clearly we need goals from other sources. Last year we got 12 goals in all comps from the striker position. Antony had a few from RW. Other than Bruno, Eriksen had two from midfield and Casemiro something not too different. We need some more goals from midfield. Runs into the box, composure.

I think Marcus Aurelius (The Golden Boy) is gonna top 15 league goals and 20 total, surely. If we get 25 goals from the no 9 position and 10-15 from RW total, and Mount starts to chip in from MF as well, we’ll start picking up more goals.