View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

redNATION

If your going to be a moments player, you have to be bloody good, and he just isn’t. His all round pay is atrocious , would never get into a Pep team and that’s what we’re up against. Pep will make that new Doku kid better than Rashford in no time

Ceteris

Him and Bruno have had to save us a lot, unfortunately it means they have developed saviour complex attitudes.

If our new striker is going to succeed he will need Rashford a wide player assisting rather looking to cut inside and shoot or dribble when he needs to release the ball

He's had enough years to have learned by now

-Supreme-

He has one thing in his mind when he has space to run in front of him and that is cut in and shoot on goal regardless of where his team mates are positioned, I have no doubt he will get you goals when it comes to the end of the season but for me there is a big question mark if he will ever be capable of helping the team to put in a consistent sustained attacking play when you have players as selfish and brainless as him.

AndySmith1990

No wonder we're bad when he's supposed to be the best we have to offer. He does a few things well (when he can be bothered) and the rest of his game is abysmal

Trex

How can I criticize the only player who looks a threat a united. We scored 4 goals the last two games. Without him it will be zero.

InfiniteBoredom

We will never get anywhere near the top when we channel all our plays through him and Bruno. He will go on a tear at some point this season and this post will be dug up and laughed at, but the brutal, simple truth is that he’s a better Walcott. When the game requires patience and finesse, he’s simply never involved.

Red_toad

How can I criticize the only player who looks a threat a united. We scored 4 goals the last two games. Without him it will be zero.
Yep fully agree. We’d be fecked without him. Shame a lot of Caf users just post to continue vendettas against him and a few other players. If the club decided to sell it’d be easy to off load him. One of the very few, because he’s a difference maker.

kaku06

Vulgarian
You just can’t build a team around Rashford and Bruno. You can make all the excuses, may bring all the stats but you just can’t devolop a cohesive style with two moments players. One of bad enough two is overkill. Too erratic and too inconsistent.

AndySmith1990

Yep fully agree. We’d be fecked without him. Shame a lot of Caf users just post to continue vendettas against him and a few other players. If the club decided to sell it’d be easy to off load him. One of the very few, because he’s a difference maker.
People like you can't see the bigger picture. Just look at stats and say we'll be screwed without some player. Like Spurs are screwed without Kane? Or Madrid were screwed without Ronaldo? It's a team game. As far as that goes there's huge room for improvement here

Skills

Snitch
People like you can't see the bigger picture. Just look at stats and say we'll be screwed without some player. Like Spurs are screwed without Kane? Or Madrid were screwed without Ronaldo? It's a team game. As far as that goes there's huge room for improvement here
We'd replace him with another Antony. I'd rather have whatever Radford serves up rather than dead end on the other flank.

InfiniteBoredom

We'd replace him with another Antony. I'd rather have whatever Radford serves up rather than dead end on the other flank.
If you are afraid to fail you will never succeed.

You look at wide players like Mitoma, Martinelli, Saka, Kvara, Dembele (when he’s not injured) and just have to wonder how we would function with someone who might not score as much but influence the game for a good chunk of the 90. It seems unfair to criticise him when the other attacking option are all bad for one reason or another but we already know what he is and isn’t at this point, and he’s not getting better.

I don’t think you can afford his type of player at the very highest level unless the player is Mbappe, and even PSG has struggled in big games when they don’t surround him with enough work rate.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think that he is excellent player but one thing i don't understand; why managers don't work with him on his decision making and him being more team player?
He is our best player (with Bruno) but he is not Mbappe or Messi to allow him to do what he wants.

flameinthesun

If you are afraid to fail you will never succeed.

You look at wide players like Mitoma, Martinelli, Saka, Kvara, Dembele (when he’s not injured) and just have to wonder how we would function with someone who might not score as much but influence the game for a good chunk of the 90. It seems unfair to criticise him when the other attacking option are all bad for one reason or another but we already know what he is and isn’t at this point, and he’s not getting better.

I don’t think you can afford his type of player at the very highest level unless the player is Mbappe, and even PSG has struggled in big games when they don’t surround him with enough work rate.
Its a question that at some point needs to be asked, is his goals worth the lack of work rate and lack of link up play that a lot of top wide players who don't half as much goals have....

Red_toad

Yeah sure it’s Rashford’s fault :yawn:
Glad Ten Hag can see the bigger picture and plays him whenever he’s fit.
Maybe you think you know better. Feel free to prove it.

paulscholes18

He's alright when he doesn't need to think, like with his goal cut inside and shoot, the moment he needs to think about what he needs to do he fecks up.

criticalanalysis

The difference between him and Martinelli is massive. Rashford can have world class moments, but the rest of the game he's just a passenger and doesn't even track back.
He and Antony tracked back well today. It may have been an issue in previous games but not today.
Yeah I was about to say. Today, he was noticeably much better today tracking back.

I wouldn't say Martinelli was that good today. He had plenty of the ball and some decent crosses/balls but that's because he had the ball on that wing and had isolated AWB (due to Arsenal's ball progression) about 3-4 times more than Rashford.

With the same ball usage, Rashford would have had another goal or assist.

Dominos

Baffled by the criticism today to be honest. Dalot is rightly getting credit for keeping Saka quiet but he was definitely getting help from Rashford tracking back.

He had our 2 best moments with the goal and then when he beat White on the byline and cut it back for Hojlund to almost score.

Is he getting stick just because he messed up that one counter attack where we had a potential 3v3? I was frustrated but if you watch it again it didn't really look like at any point there was a clear pass on, the defenders had positoned themselves to block any potential pass.

Red_Aaron

He's the least of our worries. Seriously, fans digging out the only player who is anything even close to resembling a danger to the opposition is mental. He's brilliant and we're lucky to have him

Maybe if Sancho, Antony, Martial or Weghorst* could maybe, you know, score a fecking goal once in a while we wouldn't be compelled to put every single egg the club has into his basket. Be nice if a midfielder scored now and then, or maybe a defender can head something in from a set piece once a year. People criticise Marcus as being inconsistent - fcuk me what does that say about the rest of them?

Its time the rest of this squad starts stepping up and taking some responsibility.

*last season obviously, I won't throw hojlund in yet but he absolutely needs to bring stuff to the party this season

SAFMUTD

I dont know if it's due to ten Hag's instruccions but he seems lazy as feck. Doesnt track back one bit, doesnt even press properly. It's like he's only up for the offensive side of the game. Compare the effort Antony's makes in defense and it's night and day.

Swiss_Red89

I can understand the critism for pulling out of challenges, he really is a bit of a pussy, always has been. Not sure that will ever change unfortunately.

But other than that, I find it laughable that people think players like Mitoma, Martinelli, Barnes or whoever not called Mbappe in place of him would make us better.
Rashford is producing endproduct consistently. That's what he's paid for.
Also his workrate was noticable better to good in the last two games.

Redstain

Pretty much this, if not for Rashfords form last season it's highly questionable if ETH would still be employed by the club. The team isn't playing well enough as a collective to bring the attackers into the game.

NZT-One

See your point but the argument is a bit flawed... When a player isn't having a good game, he should be criticized. No matter what he did in the game before. Also it doesn't make sense to evade criticism by deflecting to where we would be without him - because this is a different playing field.

I think, he is plateauing for quite a while, certainly in terms of decision making - today game is a perfect example. He always thinks of scoring himself, even his goal today (felt to me) was more to do with whacky defending by Arsenal than by his brilliance. Undoubtedly, he is better from the left and I am glad we have him in the team, but somebody really has to reset his view of himself. He seems to think, he is way better than he is. As somebody said - Bruno and he might be suffering from some sort of savior complex. It is on the staff now to get that out of him. He gives impression of a low football IQ which is weird because we know he can play smart. He should be getting back to it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You guys are out of your fecking minds criticising him today. Not having that at all. He was quality. Wish he had that defensive work rate more often.

SAFMUTD

He was shitting his pants on that challenge that lead to Arsenals third goal. Has the talent but not the fight in him.

Doracle

Outstanding today. Superb goal and his all-round play, when we got him the ball, was excellent. Tired in the last 10 minutes and should probably have gone off but far and away our best attacker. With Hojlund looking like he might give us more of a focal point upfront, he should have another really strong season.

KjaAnd

Loved the way he went past White for the Højlund chance. He should just take on his man every times he’s isolated one on one.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I doubt he’ll ever be anything else than a footballer that, more or less, splits the fanbase in half, a bit like Bruno so to speak. Obviously it’s an easy fanbase to split, and he’s nowhere near being our biggest problem, but i don’t think him in the starting 11 is a part of the solution either (would love to be proven wrong on this one)

His half arsed attitude towards physical duels is annoying, should’ve taken the yellow against Nottingham Forest to prevent the counter that resulted in their first goal, and his attempt at winning the ball for Arsenals third was just as daft. Be aware of your surroundings and make sure you either win the ball or create a freekick.He’s not the only one not being cynical enough, but you’d think he’d have it engraved in the back of his skull after his role in NF’s opening goal, clearly not the case. Had a few situations where he’s just dallying on the ball in the wrong place of the pitch, like when Saka won the ball in the first half and Arsenal countered. He’s miles away from performing consistently enough to be as selfish as he is.

Devil You Know

You guys are out of your fecking minds criticising him today. Not having that at all. He was quality. Wish he had that defensive work rate more often.
Agree with this. He did well feeding on scraps up fronts, and worked relatively hard helping Dalot the other way. Arsenal created nothing on our left side, so I'm not sure where this criticism of him is coming from.

Chief123

Usual story with Rashford. Will score a goal regularly enough while varying from poor to atrocious in all other parts of his game.

2 weeks in a row he’s bottled out of a physical challenge to cost us 2 goals.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I watch the liverpool game against Fulham and as soon as one of their strikers ( Salah or Diaz) lost the ball they would break a back to try to win the ball back.

This cnut loses the ball and doesn’t even have the energy or determination to try to win it back.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He played welll when he got the ball, but he did pull out of a challenge which led to a goal. Not for the first time this season and its only game 4

His off the ball movement when were playing out from the back first half was also poor. Didnt show enough for the ball to feet

JeffFromHK

He has now turned into a "luxury player", a player who focuses on end products (goals, assists, winning penalities) but offers very little apart from these.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
350k / week for him

Not a United material in the long term, but becomes too big of a name to drop.

He's not a bad player, but to lead the line or even LW for a tittle challenging team it won't be enough. He's going to stink up the place till 30+ due to his contract and local lad status.

I wish we could just sell him for 100M and invest it in proper player that does the basic right.

meamth

I think his top speed is not that high, his acceleration might be good but that's it.

He will never improve his build up play at this point of his career and he can no longer beat his man consistently. Rashford is a massive problem if he is not scoring.
He can't whip a cross, even his cut back crosses aren't that good. That's a problem.

I'm really worried if he is our best forward/winger.

KD6-3.7

Whenever he cuts inside he only ever has one thought in his head and that’s shoot, and I mean this as a criticism, even if he has three players blocking the route to goal he still decides to shoot it straight at them.

Just not a good enough footballer for my liking with his overall game and decision making are below average in my opinion.

OmarUnited4ever

I hate the way he plays sometimes, very poor decision making, you would think he would thrive in transitions, yet, when the team bounces and catches the oppo's defense unawares, maybe 7 times of 10, he would make the wrong decision in terms of what to do exactly (run at defender, square the ball, go to the byline, shoot, etc...), excellent goal and right decision to cut in and shoot for his goal, but in the 2nd half, he had few opportunities to punish Arsenal and yet he didn't capitalize!!!

He is far too inconsistent to be considered a top player, he is just a good player who has great moments sometimes.