View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

united for life

Not really. That basically means ETH will start him in all premier league games. And he’ll stink the place up as usual. At this point our PL games are more important than the CL games.
let’s hope he gets sent off in a league game then ;)

doomy20

By now it’s fairly to say that he is the star who saw the biggest decline since last season in Europes top 5 leagues

doomy20

He was just massively overrated last season.
You think so? I never rated him that high personally but I think last season he was phenomenal. That’s why this massive drop in every aspect is scary to see now

Hammondo

You think so? I never rated him that high personally but I think last season he was phenomenal. That’s why this massive drop in every aspect is scary to see now
He scored a bunch of goals in a short period, where his general play was poor.

Outside that period he do screw all.

Based Adnan

The massive drop you talk about started last season. He ended it extremely poorly.

Swiss_Red89

He definitely had an upturn of form from start of the season until the World Cup. Near to the worldcup he was in very good form. That was the reason why he was selected by Southgate.

After the worldcup until march he was brilliant. And his general play was definitely not poor in that period.

I get the critisism this year as he has been a big disapointment so far. Same as 21/22. But to downplay his last season is just wrong.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
My boy is limited but very productive when on form. Skinning defenders with that kick and chase style can go off the boil from time to time. Sadly I don't think we'll see much from him until the new year.

Irwin99

I don't think that's true, I think his performances in the 21-22 season were very overrated where he was getting most of his goals in Europa league/champions league group stage but last year he genuinely carried the team to a top 4 finish and other than Bruno there was barely anyone else who looked like scoring.

He is twenty-six now though and these periods where he suffers prolonged periods of bad form just seem to be a standard pattern. I get the feeling he'll never be the player we all want him to be in terms of quality and consistency.

Hammondo

He definitely had an upturn of form from start of the season until the World Cup. Near to the worldcup he was in very good form. That was the reason why he was selected by Southgate.

After the worldcup until march he was brilliant. And his general play was definitely not poor in that period.

I get the critisism this year as he has been a big disapointment so far. Same as 21/22. But to downplay his last season is just wrong.
He was picked because he didn't have much competition, other players were doing badly.

He had a purple patch of goals, nothing more.

Doracle

https://x.com/theshowtimereds/status/1723065229616038252?s=46

‘Marcus Rashford has failed to score in 97 of his last 136 appearances for Man United.’

Does anyone know if this stat it true? Doesn’t sound right to me but if is, it’s really damning.
That’s a circa 1 in 3 ratio, which is fine for a left winger, despite the fact they’ve phrased it as negatively as possible.

If we took Grealish as a comparison, he’s “failed to score” in 90 of his last 101 appearances for City.

Dearg hÉireann

The fact that Rashford is still indulged at United after 8 years and the inconsistencies in his performance levels tells you all you need to know about where we are as a football club. It's no exaggeration to say that no club that has aspirations to win trophies would put up with his up and down performances.

He's probably one of the most infuriating players I've seen, he's got all the talent in the world but he's no good to the team as you can't rely on him whatsoever and his lack of work rate when he's playing poorly is unacceptable.

A nice new contract after a few good months last season and we're back to shit Marcus, we're a circus of a club.

Hammondo

That’s a circa 1 in 3 ratio, which is fine for a left winger, despite the fact they’ve phrased it as negatively as possible.

If we took Grealish as a comparison, he’s “failed to score” in 90 of his last 101 appearances for City.
Well it depends, how much is he benefitting us when he doesn't score? Basically not at all or he's a negative.

Cannot say the same about Grealish.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
https://x.com/theshowtimereds/status/1723065229616038252?s=46

‘Marcus Rashford has failed to score in 97 of his last 136 appearances for Man United.’

Does anyone know if this stat it true? Doesn’t sound right to me but if is, it’s really damning.
Jesus, that’s bad. Considering he’s meant to be our biggest threat. Maybe it’s league games only? It’s dreadful regardless and explains why we struggle so much.

Apokalips

Well Grealish is not someone you buy for his goalscoring prowess, but rather his playmaking and dribbling. Meanwhile, Rashford's play style is score first and is compared to Mbappe and other goalscoring wide players.

We had people on here saying they'd say no to Mbappe because we have Rashford.

Walters_19_MuFc

Started well against Copenhagen and linked up well with Wan-Bissaka down the right. Looking likely that he'll start there again this afternoon, so hopefully we get a similar performance, topped off with a goal.

Apokalips

It used to be the case where if you didn't perform you knew you'd get your place taken by a quality player and another quality player would also be brought in to further put your place in jeopardy.

Players like Yorke and Van Nistrlrooy, who have had more exceptional seasons than Rashford, got moved on swiftly and were dropped for players like Saha, Sheringham, Solskjaer who took the mantle. Nowadays we give keys to the Kingdom early and let them keep it regardless.

It's crazy seeing how much explaining needs to be done by the manager any time Rashford doesn't start for United.

Walters_19_MuFc

It used to be the case where if you didn't perform you knew you'd get your place taken by a quality player and another quality player would also be brought in to further put your place in jeopardy.

Players like Yorke and Van Nistrlrooy, who have had more exceptional seasons than Rashford, got moved on swiftly and were dropped for players like Saha, Sheringham, Solskjaer who took the mantle. Nowadays we give keys to the Kingdom early and let them keep it regardless.

It's crazy seeing how much explaining needs to be done by the manager any time Rashford doesn't start for United.
Who have we got to bring in if we drop Rashford? Antony?

I'd understand if we had an array of talented options to bring in, but we haven't. As a result, ten Hag is trying to play him back into form.

Unam333

He needs to play today, because he's currently our best attacking outlet, even though by United standards it's still not good enough. Also super frustrating to see him nog scoring goals. Today he will score.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Random thought.

Welbeck:
29 goals in 8385 minutes for Manchester United, goal every - 289 minutes.
50 goals+assists in 8386 minutes - every 167 minutes.

Rashford:
124 goals in 25156 minutes - goal every 202 minutes
195 goals+asists in 25156 minutes - every 129 minutes.

Considering Rashford scored also 11 penalties (mind you, Welbeck was probably terrible at penalties), and Rashford earned few assists from set pieces too, and Welbeck was absolutely terrible goalscorer, one should question if his goalscoring record is even good enough, considering how much space, time, and our play we give to him?

Just remember that we sold Welbeck for 15 millions.

Man Utd 1:0 Luton Town

Based Adnan

Everytime he starts you send out the message that places are in the team are based on status and not merit. So much for the cultural reset.

Shite again.

Rockets Redglare

He’s such a poor player. Without the purple patches he’d have been shipped out to Everton years ago.

Superunknown

Should have buried his chance. Aside from that, thought it was another poor-to-below average display.

SER19

16 appearances, 1 goal, and actually getting worse. He needs some time out of team, it's that simple.

Idxomer

Not sure what he's good at currently.

Can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot and can't defend. His touch is also shit 90% of the time.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its better for everyone that Rashford starts on the right at the moment. This was exemplified by the fact that his shot when Antony slid him in on the left of the box never looked like beating the Luton keeper. All he did was blast it right at the goalie. We don't gain anything from playing Rashford down the left if he's not a goal threat. Best to have him wide right trying to whip crosses in, like he used to for Cavani. Shocking how much his shooting has gone to pot.

L1nk

Rashford from last season buries that chance Anthony created for him, most likely hits it first time - he's currently rock bottom like most of the team