4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
PSG would be perfect for him, the perfect Mbappe replacement. 0 defensive work needed there, he'll have no pressure in the french league and will have just a handful of important games in the CL where he could give his all. If they ever come for him (doubtful with his current salary) I'd sell.

To me, he's clearly not enjoying playing for United.

Doracle

I think he had a very threatening game against Brighton but some of those moments were to the detriment of the team. Can’t see that changing because he’s put on a pedestal.

If one player stands out as entitled at United it’s Marcus Rashford. Remember last season after losing to Brentford, reports came out saying he confronted ETH for not playing him in the striker position he promised.

Since his goals dried out we are now told by everyone including Neville he does not want to play as a striker. Fair weather epitomised.

Now Marcus should tell us what is it he really wants because in his best goal scoring season ever, nearly half of his minutes were as a striker.

A king that doesn’t know or understand what leadership means. This is a problem and it will be costly if the club does not address it quickly.
Marcus told Neville in summer 2022 he regarded his best position as LW. He repeated that in interviews post World Cup.

Let’s be honest, you’ve just totally made up Rashford insisting he should play CF last season haven’t you, to fit with the rest of your whine above?

tomaldinho1

I think he had a very threatening game against Brighton but some of those moments were to the detriment of the team. Can’t see that changing because he’s put on a pedestal.

If one player stands out as entitled at United it’s Marcus Rashford. Remember last season after losing to Brentford, reports came out saying he confronted ETH for not playing him in the striker position he promised.

Since his goals dried out we are now told by everyone including Neville he does not want to play as a striker. Fair weather epitomised.

Now Marcus should tell us what is it he really wants because in his best goal scoring season ever, nearly half of his minutes were as a striker.

A king that doesn’t know or understand what leadership means. This is a problem and it will be costly if the club does not address it quickly.
He actually got forced to LW by Mou given Ibra arrived and then have an interview about how the manager had shown him that was where the best attacking players with his skillset thrived (which is true) and he referenced Neymar as an example in the interview. There was then a period where it was a bit of a story if he wanted to be CF or LW from memory when Lukaku couldn’t score for toffee and so Mou played Rashford up top after media/fan pressure and he missed quite an easy chance and Mou then made a point in the presser about how people are idiots. That’s paraphrased obviously. Basically you’re completely wrong.

Frank White

PSG would be perfect for him, the perfect Mbappe replacement. 0 defensive work needed there, he'll have no pressure in the french league and will have just a handful of important games in the CL where he could give his all. If they ever come for him (doubtful with his current salary) I'd sell.

To me, he's clearly not enjoying playing for United.
Don't think the salary would put them off, this is the same team that gave Herrera near the same wage Rashford is reportedly on. If selling Rashford could guarantee us a Liverpool style refurbishment with the money raised from his sale then I'd be all for it but let's face it we're United we'll probably end up with multiple players brought in for a high price, high wages or way past their sell by date or even worse all three.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
@Frank White
This is an article by MEN that kinda shows what the SUN said about his conversation with ETH might not be mere speculation.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/manchester-united-rashford-mourinho-striker
Mourinho quotes here:

But when Manchester United is a team that normally plays against teams who go to Old Trafford, close the door, bring the bus, bring the double bus, he is not a striker to play with his back to the goal.

"He is not the target man, he doesn’t score as many goals as a striker should do. So I think from the side you will get him to numbers of 10-12 goals per season.

"He is very professional, he works for the team, he understands what you tell him to do from the defensive point of view.

"Playing from the sides he can be a very good player, probably better than at nine. But he feels he is a number nine and I think the club and the manager feel he is."

Frank White

@Frank White
This is an article by MEN that kinda shows what the SUN said about his conversation with ETH might not be mere speculation.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/manchester-united-rashford-mourinho-striker
Mourinho quotes here:

But when Manchester United is a team that normally plays against teams who go to Old Trafford, close the door, bring the bus, bring the double bus, he is not a striker to play with his back to the goal.

"He is not the target man, he doesn’t score as many goals as a striker should do. So I think from the side you will get him to numbers of 10-12 goals per season.

"He is very professional, he works for the team, he understands what you tell him to do from the defensive point of view.

"Playing from the sides he can be a very good player, probably better than at nine. But he feels he is a number nine and I think the club and the manager feel he is."
The link for that article is dead. But nothing you said there points to what you initially said about Rashford confronting Eth for wanting to play striker?

KikiDaKats

Supports
Marcus told Neville in summer 2022 he regarded his best position as LW. He repeated that in interviews post World Cup.

Let’s be honest, you’ve just totally made up Rashford insisting he should play CF last season haven’t you, to fit with the rest of your whine above?
Continue looking at my post history. Go on.

What I believe doesn’t change and it’s not changing but I don’t need to make up stuff about some information out there to justify my beliefs.

Your post is a cowardly and ignorant smart arsy approach of trying to take centre stage in matters you’ve not bothered to properly investigate.

I will give you credit for the information about the interview but it was not my reference point of Neville statement.

stw2022

I think he had a very threatening game against Brighton but some of those moments were to the detriment of the team.
This is the crux of it. If a player regularly ignores team mates who might be better placed just to take on the chance themselves, is that always a good thing? This isn't the 90s any more, we can't squander 15 chances a game because we know we'll get another 15.

Even deeper on the field it's highly problematic. There it doesn't manifest by him taking shots from stupid angles but instead when he decides to run into a cul-de-sac of multiple defenders after ignoring opportunities to play the ball the a team mate who'd be in a position to cause the opposition serious problems.

Yet we're all meant to applaud that and come away from games where we lose because of it and be grateful because by dominating chances he created by ignoring team mates he "looked dangerous".

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's a tough pill to swallow when a selfish player is also lazy off the ball.

Doracle

Continue looking at my post history. Go on.

What I believe doesn’t change and it’s not changing but I don’t need to make up stuff about some information out there to justify my beliefs.

Your post is a cowardly and ignorant smart arsy approach of trying to take centre stage in matters you’ve not bothered to properly investigate.

I will give you credit for the information about the interview but it was not my reference point of Neville statement.
If it assists, here are articles from July 2022, December 2022 and summer 2023, within all of which Rashford says his best/preferred position is LW:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...n=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/...us-rashford-see-his-best-position-the-overlap

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-united-marcus-rashford-position-25845978.amp

Now, in contrast, your original post I responded to went on a long rant about how Rashford couldn’t even decide on his best position, based on some article you had a recollection of reading in the Sun (of all papers!) which you now can’t locate but apparently suggested he told ETH he should play CF after Brentford in Aug 22. In reality, he’s been very clear for some time that he sees LW as his best position but is, of course, happy to play CF if that’s best for the team - something he did very well at times last season.

It seems fairly clear to me that your memory is either wrong or the Sun article wasn’t very accurate. Either way, you’ll presumably be taking back your criticism of Rashford and accepting he’s a good team player who has done an outstanding job in his preferred LW position (as well as doing well as a team player filling in at CF when needed)?

KikiDaKats

Supports
[
If it assists, here are articles from July 2022, December 2022 and summer 2023, within all of which Rashford says his best/preferred position is LW:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...n=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/...us-rashford-see-his-best-position-the-overlap

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-united-marcus-rashford-position-25845978.amp

Now, in contrast, your original post I responded to went on a long rant about how Rashford couldn’t even decide on his best position, based on some article you had a recollection of reading in the Sun (of all papers!) which you now can’t locate but apparently suggested he told ETH he should play CF after Brentford in Aug 22. In reality, he’s been very clear for some time that he sees LW as his best position but is, of course, happy to play CF if that’s best for the team - something he did very well at times last season.

It seems fairly clear to me that your memory is either wrong or the Sun article wasn’t very accurate. Either way, you’ll presumably be taking back your criticism of Rashford and accepting he’s a good team player who has done an outstanding job in his preferred LW position (as well as doing well as a team player filling in at CF when needed)?
Thanks

I’ve read the articles you’ve kindly referenced but I’ve not seen any new information missed before. For my interpretation of them all combined, I’ll refer you back to my original post you took issue with.

Just to clarify. Team player - Fair weather - ADJECTIVE [ADJECTIVE noun]
You use fair-weather to refer to someone who offers help to someone, or who takes part in a particular activity, only when it is easy or pleasant for them to do so.

Whether he is a team player or not, that’s not a rabbit hole I’ve ever been interested in. My perceptions tend to stop at what they are capable of during any given game or their skill set in relation to how I want to see the team play.

Yep. Let’s allow time to decide what our conclusions will be and what information we will get to encounter in public spaces.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
This is the crux of it. If a player regularly ignores team mates who might be better placed just to take on the chance themselves, is that always a good thing? This isn't the 90s any more, we can't squander 15 chances a game because we know we'll get another 15.

Even deeper on the field it's highly problematic. There it doesn't manifest by him taking shots from stupid angles but instead when he decides to run into a cul-de-sac of multiple defenders after ignoring opportunities to play the ball the a team mate who'd be in a position to cause the opposition serious problems.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I don't think it's really just that simple. The only reason he's on that list is because of his 22 shots. From which he's scored 1 goal. Hardly a good return.

I think it shows he's more of an individual player than a team player which is where the majority of his criticism comes from.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I don't think it's really just that simple. The only reason he's on that list is because of his 22 shots. From which he's scored 1 goal. Hardly a good return.

I think it shows he's more of an individual player than a team player which is where the majority of his criticism comes from.
If he only had Haaland level key passes and other shot involvement, he wouldn’t be on the list.

Idxomer

He was kind of brilliant apart from the first 20 minutes when he lost the ball 6 times.

NZT-One

Light and Shadow really. Didn't stand out much, not a game I'd really have a go at him but overall, not enough...

Ghostrider318

Just dont see him as a world class player. He has some genuinely good moments but he has far too many issues with his overall game

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Was obviously leaning towards playing the team game today. Passed the ball a few times, two of which resulted in goals. I've been critical of him but this was encouraging and I thought he did pretty well.

talking robot

He should lose his spot to Garnacho based on recent performances. I like him but there have to be consequences for not putting the effort in.

Dorris

I’ve said all a long he’s nothing more than an inconsistent decent player. We’ll go nowhere if he’s our undisputed star.

Jordi Cruyff 99

Rashford is the type of player who will squander 20 attacks a game, leave us exposed defensively down the left, but get a goal in a 2-1 defeat and get defended as "our most dangerous player"

Sorry he's garbage.
True. I can't remember a more overrated Man Utd player. I definitely got used to having Giggs on the left wing for so long. This is a player who's just miles off that in just about every way.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Best player probably until Casemiro pinches the MOTM award with a late brace.

People moaned how he was selfish at the weekend. Tonight no shots, but three chances created and an assist. Also involved in the second goal. So little threat without his involvement.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Just dont see him as a world class player. He has some genuinely good moments but he has far too many issues with his overall game
Agreed where as when Bayerns attackers had the ball they looked dangerous almost every time. We don’t have anyone as agile and quick as that.

IrishMcD

He’s a lazy shite, very unlikeable character in my eyes. There was a moment there near the end where he was just standing outside the United box, beside Bayern player who jogged away from him and got on the ball 5 yards away from Rashford who still made zero effort to close him down. He ended up playing a one two and getting a shot away. Rashford stood hands on hips the entire time, watching Bayern playing short passes 5-10 yards ahead of him.

Swiss_Red89

Effort Level defensively a lot better today.
Passed the ball to Hojlund for his Goal ;)

Still not on his best but I think he will get there soon. On swiss tv they just labbeled him our most dangerous player today.