View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

edgecutter

We've all called for him to be dropped and it never happens. Old Trafford cheered when he was subbed a month ago, so why the manager doesn't see that dropping him is a popular decision is madness.

Marwood

What the hell happened to our boy this season?! Beyond worrying now.
Same thing that happened for the 18 months prior to the World Cup. What we're seeing here isn't new. It's been going on for ages. A player whose let it go to his head. The lad thinks he's too good for the basics of football.

saik

Meh. Just sell him. He can't be arsed to play. I can't be arsed to watch him 'try' to play for us anymore.

Today was reminiscent of his performances under Rangnick where he clearly didn't give a feck. I was in favour of selling back then and still am in favour of selling him. Truly world class players won't put in the kind of performance he put in today. People just keep trying to look for reasons for his poor performances instead of looking at the obvious. He is an average as feck player who has been elevated to stupidly high levels.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
So maybe not so stupid to think selling was a good idea then? I would also take Welbeck over him all day long. Rashford has amazing ability but you have to have attitude right or you'll never get anywhere. We need to get the culture right at the club or this rot will just keep getting extended into perpetuity by our dumb as feck contract decisions.

saik

He's never been this bad or looked so disinterested though. He's not even trying at all now. He needs to be dropped until he shows some fight, if he ever does.
Did you forget his performances under Rangnick? It was exactly like this but people were trying to put down those performances because of some kind of back injury.

jem

So maybe not so stupid to think selling was a good idea then? I would also take Welbeck over him all day long. Rashford has amazing ability but you have to have attitude right or you'll never get anywhere. We need to get the culture right at the club or this rot will just keep getting extended into perpetuity by our dumb as feck contract decisions.
Welbeck is a far better player than Rashford.

edgecutter

Posters that are saying we just sell him. Who the feck is paying him more than 350k a week and also giving us a transfer fee?

stevoc

Did you forget his performances under Rangnick? It was exactly like this but people were trying to put down those performances because of some kind of back injury.
Also primarily deployed on the right.

Telsim

I'm going to be honest with you. I await the day he is no longer our player with some anticipation. Might be the most overrated player I have seen.

-Supreme-

And there are people now claiming this season is due to his girlfriend break up :lol:

AndySmith1990

This is an issue amongst the United fan base. There are always excuses being made for managers and players. It's ridiculous

Pughnichi

Posters that are saying we just sell him. Who the feck is paying him more than 350k a week and also giving us a transfer fee?
I’d take 5m if it meant the buying club could offset his actual market value to instead pay is wages.

Although his market is getting closer to 5m with every passing game.

clarkydaz

He's never been this bad or looked so disinterested though. He's not even trying at all now. He needs to be dropped until he shows some fight, if he ever does.
He was walking round Etihad in a sulk for Rangnik 2 years ago, the manager called him and his PR firm out and dropped him

Baxquux

Welbeck is a far better player than Rashford.
Yeah, Welbeck is intelligent, adaptable, capable of executing proper patterns of play and, above all else, hard-working with a great attitude. Not a great finisher by top-flight standards but fine for a wide forward. I'd take present-day Welbeck over Rashford, let alone Welbeck at his peak. Rashford's issues are about 25% technical/coaching related and 75% mental (in the broadest sense).

Withnail

For me there was at least plausible deniability there, as he was carrying injuries, and it seemed the whole team weren't playing for the manager. He's been awful since day 1 this season, been getting worse and there's no excuse at all. It's strange he's not been dropped yet.

clarkydaz

For me there was at least plausible deniability there, as he was carrying injuries, and it seemed the whole team weren't playing for the manager. He's been awful since day 1 this season, been getting worse and there's no excuse at all. It's strange he's not been dropped yet.
Ralf said he wasnt injured. And had no problem dropping him for Elanga

Chairman Steve

From his interviews it always sounds like he needs everything else in his life to be perfect for his football to be good. We can’t carry someone like that.
100% this.

I’m not a fan of some of the excuse making for him. No-one knows what the state of his mental health issues are. What if he’s just plain and simple ‘can’t be arsed’?

I get the feeling people don’t want to accept the fact that one of the local lads from the academy could act like the stereotypical Johnny Foreigner who’s there for the paycheck.

saik

Also primarily deployed on the right.
Doesn't excuse his performance though does it? He doesn't have some god given right to only play on the left wing. You play where your manager asks you to play. It's not like he's been asked to play in defence.

Got schooled by a 21 year old kid who probably isn't even earning half of what he is earning. He should have some shame for his pathetic attitude. He can spout whatever shit he wants in interviews but his attitude when playing clearly shows through.

Pughnichi

At least we know that 12.3% of fantasy prem ‘managers’ aren’t bothering this season.

less competition for the rest of us

Pablo76

First time ive ever truly wondered if a player has a playing clause in a contract. I cant remember a player play so poorly for so long without time out of the side, and not just that, but rarely subbed too. It's shocking. Hopefully some miracle happens and it just clicks tonight, but he shouldn't be near the starting line up and it undermines the idea that form is rewarded.
He does, Bruno too. It’s the only plausible explanation.

The Irish Connection

That’s pretty reasonable, I think.
Personally I am sick to death of Rashford. I don’t know whether he’s just spoilt and can’t be arsed or whether he has some underlying psychological issues that prevent him playing well.

The outcome is really the same. And though he scores some great goals every couple of seasons, they really don’t begin to balance the shit we get from him the rest of the time.

I think maybe the Glazers protect him from the consequences of his dreadful attitude and keep him on the field because he’s a commercial asset. I am hoping Sir Brexiteer might not have the patience with him, if his own outfit want control of football at the club. I think we need rid of Rashford, and I’m hoping that they do too.
I’m sick of him too. We can’t afford to carry players like this.
An impact sub for the left wing is all he deserves at the moment.
Right wing is more important though at the moment.

-Supreme-

Doesn't excuse his performance though does it? He doesn't have some god given right to only play on the left wing. You play where your manager asks you to play. It's not like he's been asked to play in defence.

Got schooled by a 21 year old kid who probably isn't even earning half of what he is earning. He should have some shame for his pathetic attitude. He can spout whatever shit he wants in interviews but his attitude when playing clearly shows through.
Rashford earns at least 4-5 times more and I’d be surprised if this isn’t the case.

saik

Rashford earns at least 4-5 times more and I’d be surprised if this isn’t the case.
Should have sold him when there were murmurs of PSG's interest before last season happened. I will sell him in a heartbeat if they are interested again.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
@TMDaines

Your boy is getting his ass beat for good reason. He's awful.
Yep. Largely just like everyone else right now. If I thought strapping Rashford on a rocket to outer space would help and getting him out of the squad, I’d advocate for it, but we have no team and every one of our attacking players is having a horrible season.

Rashford’s been terrible, but United are just as terrible with or without him.

klayton88

I can forgive terrible form but earning what he's earning and looking like he'd rather be anywhere but playing football knocks me sick.

jesperjaap

The sulking as on right wiwng isnt a thing, its on both flanks.

The fact is people used those marvellous4 months or so of football from him last season to justify people criticising him are foolish....despite the fact he has actually only had one top season before it the rest of his career, the rest of it has been fits and starts of form.

We all know he is a talented player, cant be disputed, and difficlt to argue against him last season where he was fantastic....though ironically the last 3months he was no better than this season. But he isnt a consistent star for s or for England, he never has been, he just makes a good highlight reel.

Paying him £350k a year was ldicrous, just as the contract handed to Fernandes was when he had been terrible for so long, but of coruse as he has played well the last two games and has good stats that will get shot down....Our two star players cost the club £2.5 pretty mch every month, just the two of them....and look over the last 3years as a whole, neither have veen start players and its cost £75m odd and will cost more for the rest of there contracts.

Lunacy