View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

led_scholes

We had players like JLingz and Pogba who were identified as problems, but i think Rashford might be as bad as any of them
Pogba was never that bad (on field) for such a long period. And he was never a media darling like Rashford. He was criticized since day 1, and unlike Rashford, even under RR he put some effort (and as Juve found out later, Pogba was already a broken player and just couldn't produce any bigger)

stevoc

Doesn't excuse his performance though does it? He doesn't have some god given right to only play on the left wing. You play where your manager asks you to play. It's not like he's been asked to play in defence.

Got schooled by a 21 year old kid who probably isn't even earning half of what he is earning. He should have some shame for his pathetic attitude. He can spout whatever shit he wants in interviews but his attitude when playing clearly shows through.
Play any player out of position, especially in a position they clearly aren't comfortable operating in and have previous terrible form in. And don't be surprised when they're poor. It's not rocket science. No player has a god given right to play in any position, play Antony on the right, play Pellestri, try Garnacho out there with Rashford left or have them rotate.

Basically try anything other than what hasn't been working for the last 6 weeks.

He's been awful regardless of position. Stop giving him excuses. Embarrassing
I'm saying he's been awful on the right and the manager should stop playing him there. Switch him back to the left or take him out of the team I don't mind which. That's not making excuses, that's stating the obvious.

stevoc

Considering they backed him with Ronaldo and Sancho, I see no reason why they won’t. The problem is I believe he sees Rashford as one of his favourites and that’s ultimately going to be one of the reasons he gets sacked if things don’t start turning around.
Indeed.

Continuing to play an out of form Rashford out of position on the right over his own £85m right wing signing. Along with other strange habits he's developed is what will get him sacked.

Alemar

I'm saying he's been awful on the right and the manager should stop playing him there.
He’s been just as awful on the left, he’s been shit up top too. He doesn’t deserve playing time at all currently.

What is the reason underneath his poor form is another question

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I don't want to be making excuses for Rashford

Follows it up with an excuse. Does Aubameyang or Ozil at Arsenal ring a bell? And the drop off has been since winning the cup. 3 good months doesn't equate to good season.
Him scoring 78 goals in the previous four seasons is a fact not an excuse.

stevoc

I'm saying he's been awful on the right and the manager should stop playing him there. Switch him back to the left or take him out of the team I don't mind which. That's not making excuses, that's stating the obvious.
He’s been just as awful on the left, he’s been shit up top too. He doesn’t deserve playing time at all currently.

What is the reason underneath his poor form is another question
Please don't cut off a quote.

What's underneath the poor form of the majority of the squad?

What's the common denominator between them all?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Him scoring 78 goals in the previous four seasons is a fact not an excuse.
What is this then?
There has to be something else going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too.
And even if we believe such nonsense, who gives him the nod to go ahead and act like a fecking manchild on the pitch? Who allows him to stroll around and give up on his defensive duties? This fecker is earning 350k per week and look at how he is playing and how he is behaving.

Alemar

Undeservedly high, exorbitant level of salaries, firstly.

Lack of midfield is probably another - we are being proved year after year after year… that in modern football, it is impossible to do well without able midfield. We can’t control the ball or pass the ball, and everything else just turns into shit.

Rockets Redglare

Please don't cut off a quote.

So why did he play well last season? You can’t blame the manager for his form now without praising him when Rashford had his best ever season under him.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
What is this then?

And even if we believe such nonsense, who gives him the nod to go ahead and act like a fecking manchild on the pitch? Who allows him to stroll around and give up on his defensive duties? This fecker is earning 350k per week and look at how he is playing and how he is behaving.
Bafflement at how a player who scored 30 goals last season can look so ridiculously and miserably bad this season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Bafflement at how a player who scored 30 goals last season can look so ridiculously and miserably bad this season.
Because he got his contract? Going back to what I posted earlier - The same thing happened with Aubameyang and Ozil at Arsenal. They rested on their laurels after landing those fat 350k pw contracts. We gave the same to this guy who has achieved feck all in his Utd career.

@Leftback99 nailed it
We wonder why we're falling miles behind the likes of Newcastle:

Rashford - 17 PL goals last season. New contract, Undroppable superstar status, £300k+ a week.

Harvey Barnes - 13 PL goals last season (less minutes) in a relegated side. Newcastle back up.

-Supreme-

On top of that, I think Gary Neville once said about two years ago that there were certain players in the squad with significant PR people behind them, who he believed were problematic.

He didn’t name names but I can name one player in our squad who is a PR meme….
I don’t know if people remember this, Ole was forced to apologies after he openly told Rashford that he should concentrate more time on the pitch instead of his PR campaign, subsequently Ole back-tracked it and apologise to people that what he said wasn’t what he meant to say at the press conference with Rashford in the same room.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
United have had great players of all races but why has there been such hassle with the following
Rashford, Martial, Anthony ,Lingard, Pogba, Lukaku,
What's race got to do with it? Also, Antony isn't black he's latino. Lingard is mixed race. None of the actual black players are even the same culture, nationality or ethnicity.

glasgow 21

Sit back and think how low you have to fall as a player to put that little effort in. I couldn't care less if Rashford never played again. If ETH gets the sack he will have the duty bounce for a few months then return to default. If this is the effort he put in on match day in a crunch game after being rested mid week can you imagine the lack of effort he is putting in training. I understand now why his pace is failing too. He is much more interested in his cars than playing united or least of all the fans.

cletus7

playing him into form is not going well
Yes, you’ve got to question why ETH is looking to play him into form out of position. Being out of position sends the signal to him he’s not doing well, yet he’s left on the pitch.

saik

Play any player out of position, especially in a position they clearly aren't comfortable operating in and have previous terrible form in. And don't be surprised when they're poor. It's not rocket science. No player has a god given right to play in any position, play Antony on the right, play Pellestri, try Garnacho out there with Rashford left or have them rotate.

Basically try anything other than what hasn't been working for the last 6 weeks.

You seem to forget the reason he's playing on the right is because he was god awful on the left as well and Garnacho is in better form than him at the moment. Also he is being slated for his pathetic attitude of not given a feck when Livramento was basically doing anything he wanted.

The excuses for him need to stop. Do you see Shaw sulking because he was played out of position at CB yesterday? Or did Dalot sulk because he's playing LB?

Yesterdays performance was the same shit he pulled off under Rangnick as well which is why I want him to be sold. That shit isn't something that top players do.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You actually hate him?

Find that bizarre
Maybe that’s too harsh. Strong dislike. Constantly hanging your mates out to dry by not working hard is not on in any walk of life. Especially when you’re one of the highest paid. I find that detestable.

dubplate warrior

He's been paying shit in his own position. That's why he's being played out of position. Right now the only place he belongs is on the bench, or a plane to Paris.

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
Personally I don’t think he has been the same player since he signed up with Jay Zed’s PR agency, when footballers make more money from image rights than wages we have a problem. They don’t play for the jersey, the fans or even their weekly wage these days, they play for the social media profile and multi million pound endorsements. That’s why so many of the the players who come here flop, once they get here they have ‘made it’ over night gain millions of fans and likes on insta, job done, rich for life.
Its something that Sir Jim needs to address, we are the biggest club in the country but other sporting behemoths seem to cope and have players that are prepared to put 110% in every week, why can’t we?

santeria13

Sublemon
I don’t know if people remember this, Ole was forced to apologies after he openly told Rashford that he should concentrate more time on the pitch instead of his PR campaign, subsequently Ole back-tracked it and apologise to people that what he said wasn’t what he meant to say at the press conference with Rashford in the same room.
This is a common theme and anyone who doesn't see it by now is simply delusional. He has clearly been one of the biggest leakers to the press in recent years, especially when he is under the limelight. Unfortunately, it seems like it's just in his character not to take accountability and to throw all those around him under the bus. Just look how much articles were written about Rashford during the end of the Ole era/whole of the Rangnick era. The common theme between all the articles was that excuses were being made for Rashford whilst managers and other players took the blame. It's clear as day who was briefing these journalists.

I can see it happen all over again the way things are going. Criticism of Rashford picks up, PR spin into PR spin, manager gets sacked. Rashford plays well again under new manager because he is 'happy' and all bad is forgotten until he decides he's unhappy again.

That being said, Ten Hag has zero excuse for keeping him in the starting eleven. Complete lack of balls. Either that, or he's been specifically instructed not to by higher ups. Maybe that's one of the reasons Rangnick and the club fell out so badly - he called out Rashford and benched him fairly quickly. Things went downhill pretty fast after that and it wasn't because he was missing out on Rashford's 'performances'.

Hammondo

What's race got to do with it? Also, Antony isn't black he's latino. Lingard is mixed race. None of the actual black players are even the same culture, nationality or ethnicity.
Also he's ignoring black players that have been popular at United, hell Welbeck gets posts here when he scores a goal in the 5 games a season he's not injured for.

Cloud7

This is a common theme and anyone who doesn't see it by now is simply delusional. He has clearly been one of the biggest leakers to the press in recent years, especially when he is under the limelight. Unfortunately, it seems like it's just in his character not to take accountability and to throw all those around him under the bus. Just look how much articles were written about Rashford during the end of the Ole era/whole of the Rangnick era. The common theme between all the articles was that excuses were being made for Rashford whilst managers and other players took the blame. It's clear as day who was briefing these journalists.

I can see it happen all over again the way things are going. Criticism of Rashford picks up, PR spin into PR spin, manager gets sacked. Rashford plays well again under new manager because he is 'happy' and all bad is forgotten until he decides he's unhappy again.

That being said, Ten Hag has zero excuse for keeping him in the starting eleven. Complete lack of balls. Either that, or he's been specifically instructed not to by higher ups. Maybe that's one of the reasons Rangnick and the club fell out so badly - he called out Rashford and benched him fairly quickly. Things went downhill pretty fast after that and it wasn't because he was missing out on Rashford's 'performances'.
Every time the talk of leaks come up I think this. People generally like to say the “leaker” is whatever player they don’t like, like Maguire or McT, but of all the players in the team, the one who quite clearly has the best relationship with the sports media, and the one who always gets favorable things written about him, is Rashford. If there’s anyone who has incentive and opportunity to leak stuff it’s him.

Ludens the Red

Rashford simply lacks desire. And he’s hit this area of his career where there are seemingly no repercussions for a complete drop in standards. Ie- getting dropped.

One of the biggest issues with Rashford is there are no consequences for his shite performances and he only seems to dig in with performances when he has something significant to play for.
Under Ole he didn’t get dropped when underperforming. It was only Rangnick towards the end who dropped him.

Rashford hit form last season when he’d been dropped By England and his contract was coming up. He is currently still being picked for United and England despite his abysmal performances so there’s no real initiative for him to push himself.

Rashford doesn’t strike me as a player who particularly ‘loves’ playing football. I think he loves what comes with it, the finances, materials and adoration. He’s got ego and that’s what I feel pushes him rather than a burning desire to succeed or improve as a football player. That would explain why in ten years there’s been no serious development of his technical attributes other than when he got better at free kicks. He’s also not naturally a tenacious player so he will appear completely uninterested if these circumstances are combined.

Crimson King

He's 26 now. He doesn't appear to be injured. He can't just chuck it in for the season every time his girlfriend leaves him.

I've defended him a long time, but I'm now of the opinion we'll never be a top team again with Rashford. He's too inconsistent to sacrifice the greater good of the team for. We'd be better off with a less talented LW who has a more rounded skillset.

Heck, despite having a long way to go himself, Garnacho has already overtaken him on the LW this season.

stevoc

Undeservedly high, exorbitant level of salaries, firstly.

Lack of midfield is probably another - we are being proved year after year after year… that in modern football, it is impossible to do well without able midfield. We can’t control the ball or pass the ball, and everything else just turns into shit.
Isn't that why we signed Erkisen, Casemiro, Mount and Amrabat?

cletus7

Maybe that’s too harsh. Strong dislike. Constantly hanging your mates out to dry by not working hard is not on in any walk of life. Especially when you’re one of the highest paid. I find that detestable.
Is it still detestable if there’s a mental health problem at the root of it?

stevoc

So why did he play well last season? You can’t blame the manager for his form now without praising him when Rashford had his best ever season under him.
Being deployed in his natural position helped I'd imagine. But the whole squad seemed happier and more motivated last season. This season not so much, I doubt they had a meeting and decided to just phone it in this year.

stevoc

You seem to forget the reason he's playing on the right is because he was god awful on the left as well and Garnacho is in better form than him at the moment. Also he is being slated for his pathetic attitude of not given a feck when Livramento was basically doing anything he wanted.

The excuses for him need to stop. Do you see Shaw sulking because he was played out of position at CB yesterday? Or did Dalot sulk because he's playing LB?

Yesterdays performance was the same shit he pulled off under Rangnick as well which is why I want him to be sold. That shit isn't something that top players do.
Garnacho beyond the 2 recent goals in two games hasn't been pulling up trees on the left either.

No ones making excuses. He's never played well on the right so I've no idea why anyone is surprised he's playing poorly out there. The better question is why is the manager persisting with playing him there instead of giving him a run on the bench if he doesn't want to play him on the left.

Alemar

Isn't that why we signed Erkisen, Casemiro, Mount and Amrabat?
I have no idea why we signed Mount or Eriksen, but we lack Casemiro tremendously. We still play shit instead of midfield now. Mainoo is the only real midfielder we play, but he is unable to do it alone.

We could have signed Messi in top form, but with McTominay in the middle he would have turned into shit as well, most likely.

RedRoach

What I don’t understand is ETG was going on about the need to create competition for places in order to drive players to perform better and yet instead of the competition between Garnacho and Rashford elevating performances the latter is played out of position and sulks around giving sub standard effort levels.

What is wrong with this team in the background that we cannot create the same dynamic of other teams where players must perform to keep their places? It was key for Ferguson where players like Solskjaer, Saha even Ashley Young would push the “favourites” to perform better

dubplate warrior

Like the majority of the squad.
Rashfords pulled this stunt in Oles last season too, but he's not even good enough to justify the way he acts. Barring a few purple patches, he's shown himself to be closer to Theo Walcott than Mbappe.

Playing poorly is one thing. But for me the shitty attitude is unforgivable.

saik

Garnacho beyond the 2 recent goals in two games hasn't been pulling up trees on the left either.

No ones making excuses. He's never played well on the right so I've no idea why anyone is surprised he's playing poorly out there. The better question is why is the manager persisting with playing him there instead of giving him a run on the bench if he doesn't want to play him on the left.
Garnacho hasn't been pulling up any trees but he's offering way more than what Rashford is offering. Not playing well is one thing but not giving a feck is entirely another thing which he is doing. There is simply no excuse for that sort of attitude.

jem

To think he gets in the England squad ahead of Gordon and Sterling....has there every been a shite player that has been this indulged?