View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Irwin99

I know he gets a lot of hate but i wonder if even his most ardent defenders would really be that sad if he was sold, if only from the perspective that it would be less drama to deal with? It should be pretty obvious to most that he's a very talented player (when he's actually on form) but he's not elite level and probably will never be and all of this is becoming like Pogba or Becks (final year) levels of negative publicity that the club could do without.

If, and it's a big if, some of his harshest critics are true, I wonder if the club would have the guts to sell him in this new era? Would send a strong message.

PSV

Calm down. He is far from Giggs level in that regard.

Rashford should be with the u21's now. Until he changes, get sold or apologize
In fairness Giggs was so devoted to the club he did the opposite and called in sick for Wales.

van Nistelrooy

Drop him. Don’t play him again until he apologises and sorts his attitude out. Look to sell in the summer.
Exactly this for starters. I wouldn't be so quick to forgive for a social media apology written by his media team though.

Needs dropping for a few weeks minimum, for his form and now this calamity. A substantial fine should be mandatory.

Never believed he deserved a contract on a salary anywhere close to what he is on. No club would be willing to offer him better terms, let alone a satisfactory transfer fee. Get him out in the summer. £50m would be fine considering he'll now be a nightmare to shift on that contract.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
True, but he’s actually a very poor footballer and not suitable for a team trying to play dominant football.
Bruno’s in his 30s, we’ll be replacing him sooner rather than later anyway.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
But Ronaldo did go to clubs, no?

Do we know what time he left? As for the COVID thing, are you going to insist that footballers do nothing but go from training to home to match? They are part of the world.

Edit: Ronaldo and nightclubs: https://www.sportbible.com/football/cristiano-ronaldo-tells-story-of-wearing-disguise-at-nightclub-20220111#:~:text=Cristiano Ronaldo says wearing a,with his best friend Ricardo.
That was New Year, when he was on winter break. And not missing the training 30 or so hours later after. Also Ronaldo said many times that he is hardly ever going out.

Also, he was out next night too, with missing training in the morning:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ras...porting-as-too-ill-to-attend-training.481238/

Castia

@Pickle85

Seems like your sick boy was out partying Thursday night as well before calling in sick

Poor lad must be dying drinking all that lemonade in the club

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Something is clearly not right with the lad.
Everything is right with him, it's exactly what he is about ever since he started attracting the fame, I don't think this change is recent at all, it was there to see for years now.

All that behaviour, clothes, music, Lingard connection, arrogant behaviour on the pitch, so many pictures from public places every month(unlike other players, has anyone seen Bruno, Varane, Casemiro, or anyone similar vapininor even going out in the public so often, let alone clubbing every once in a while?), his relationship changes and how it affected his performances straight after. I would say the fact that club allowed him to become most paid player with such a questionable attitude is the bigger problem here.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Fed up of him now. Would gladly get rid - a talented player who would do well elsewhere, but as a fan, the club must come first. Tired of his petulant nonsense.

Pickle85

@Pickle85

Seems like your sick boy was out partying Thursday night as well before calling in sick

Poor lad must be dying drinking all that lemonade in the club
My sick boy?! I have no attachment to the man but I do think that going off the deep end when uninformed, as you were, is a bad idea. So are you implying he was on the booze?

Castia

My sick boy?! I have no attachment to the man but I do think that going off the deep end when uninformed, as you were, is a bad idea. So are you implying he was on the booze?
It matters not. My whole point was about professionalism as you well know. Think you need to eat a bit of humble pie my friend.

Pickle85

It matters not. My whole point was about professionalism as you well know. Think you need to eat a bit of humble pie my friend.
But your original point was that for someone to be out two days before they train and then to be ill on the day they train is unprofessional. Those were the things we knew at the time, no?

Born2Lose

Some people will never learn, the problem with backing losers is they'll eventually let you down.

Vidooq

Poor Ten Hag. With this pace, he has to move half the first team into the U23.

The "kid" is tone deaf. He went on his bitthday party, on the night we got murdered by City. He had to be told by the coach that this was not the right thing to do?

How can you be so dumb to go out and then you know you have training in the morning? You do this when you know there wont be any consequences.

He is becoming a big problem. I hope, I truly do, that Ratcliffe and Co will set him as example and sell him this summer. He thinks he is bigger than the club.

RobbieBerns

Help us PSG, you’re our only hope. Begging that Madrid doesn’t stay there because I genuinely think they’d come in for him given their previous courting of him.

Son

True, but he’s actually a very poor footballer and not suitable for a team trying to play dominant football.
That’s an insane take. He’s one of the finest players in the sport.

Systems have destroyed the sport in some ways. Hence why there aren’t that many great footballers coming through.

Fans just want to play like Pep these days but he hasn’t exactly won a tonne in Europe with his style. Always needed the most stacked sides ever and has been lucky in finals.

Jose would have won more I assume with Pep’s teams in big tournaments

In a stacked side Bruno is exactly the kind of player who punishes Pep’s tactics but he’s just not really had the chance at United given he’s never played for a good team.

Pep has had every single stacked side in the past 20 years apart from Madrid who funnily enough won more European trophies than he has at all his clubs in that time.

They did it playing counter attack too most of the time…

Back to Rashford though… Guy just needs to be sold. It’s only logical. Bruno puts in effort and is leap years ahead talent wise.

LordSpud

No chance he goes to the Euros at the moment. Currently pissing his career up the wall.

clarkydaz

That’s an insane take. He’s one of the finest players in the sport.

Systems have destroyed the sport in some ways. Hence why there aren’t that many great footballers coming through.

Fans just want to play like Pep these days but he hasn’t exactly won a tonne in Europe with his style. Always needed the most stacked sides ever and has been lucky in finals.

Jose would have won more I assume with Pep’s teams in big tournaments

In a stacked side Bruno is exactly the kind of player who punishes Pep’s tactics but he’s just not really had the chance at United given he’s never played for a good team.

Pep has had every single stacked side in the past 20 years apart from Madrid who funnily enough won more European trophies than he has at all his clubs in that time.

They did it playing counter attack too most of the time…

Back to Rashford though… Guy just needs to be sold. It’s only logical. Bruno puts in effort and is leap years ahead talent wise.
Good grief, calm down. He is extremely limited with a quitters mentality

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is where backing a manager or sacking him comes to play.
How do you tell a coach, fighting for his future to drop one of his better attackers indefinitely, while trying to qualify for CL and at the same time, trying to reset the culture at the club and improve standards? Noting that his squad is already depleted and lacking in attack.
It’s an impossible task.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Imo football players can absolutely have lives. I'm not sure why only English, Manchester United players are supposed to be bloody monks, but that seems to be where we're at. Remember famously shy Sergio Ramos winning everything at Madrid? Or how Pique never went out with Shakira during the season? Or how Ibra kept to himself in every major city he toured in his career? Of course not.

What Rashford does in his spare time doesn't matter to me at all (well as long as he's not hitting any women.ugh.) What does matter is his ability to play football for this club.

I do not believe a single night out is the reason for his relative malaise for a year. So why does it matter? The fascination speaks to a much larger social issue, some kind of weird virtue signalling: if I were a pro football I'd make my body a temple, read inverting the pyramid every night before bed after studing youtube videos in my clockwork orange chair for all the hours after double-training sessions. It's ridiculous.

FortunaUtd

This is where backing a manager or sacking him comes to play.
How do you tell a coach, fighting for his future to drop one of his better attackers indefinitely, while trying to qualify for CL and at the same time, trying to reset the culture at the club and improve standards? Noting that his squad is already depleted and lacking in attack.
It’s an impossible task.
Let us cut the crap as if our manager is not being maximally backed already. The manager already has all tools and all the power at his disposal.
He can have Rashford fined, he can drop Rashford, he can suspend Rashford, he can *cough* demand a public apology from Rashford before letting him eat with the squad again. I am also sure he gave his emphatic ok to handing out Rashford a 5 year 325k £/week contract just last summer.
He is in position to stamp his authority on what goes on. It does not seem like he is able to though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Imo football players can absolutely have lives. I'm not sure why only English, Manchester United players are supposed to be bloody monks, but that seems to be where we're at. Remember famously shy Sergio Ramos winning everything at Madrid? Or how Pique never went out with Shakira during the season? Or how Ibra kept to himself in every major city he toured in his career? Of course not.

What Rashford does in his spare time doesn't matter to me at all (well as long as he's not hitting any women.ugh.) What does matter is his ability to play football for this club.

I do not believe a single night out is the reason for his relative malaise for a year. So why does it matter? The fascination speaks to a much larger social issue, some kind of weird virtue signalling: if I were a pro football I'd make my body a temple, read inverting the pyramid every night before bed after studing youtube videos in my clockwork orange chair for all the hours after double-training sessions. It's ridiculous.
Expecting players to not be out at nightclubs the night before bailing on training is expecting them to be monks?

Doracle

Any news on whether he’s recovered from illness? Feels it would be good to stick with the Rashford-Hojlund-Garnacho frontline and continue to build confidence.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Footballers have lives. They get paid an incredibly amount more than the average person and their work day is shorter which means they can be with their kids a lot if they do so care. Rashford missing a day of work because he was partying and didn't therefor sleep too much is almost two years of a teacher's salary in the UK. Think about that disparity.

Even if he didn't have much of a life as footballer then I'd still be pissed about that behavior. It's not comparable to players in the 90's who didn't get paid close to what he's getting. His tradeoff for that salary is lack of a normal life. He's paid to be committed. If he can't then he shouldn't get the money.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

This is ridiculous. It’s not one or the other. No one expects him to lead a Spartan lifestyle but there is balance.