Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Footballers have lives. They get paid an incredibly amount more than the average person and their work day is shorter which means they can be with their kids a lot if they do so care. Rashford missing a day of work because he was partying and didn't therefor sleep too much is almost two years of a teacher's salary in the UK. Think about that disparity.

Even if he didn't have much of a life as footballer then I'd still be pissed about that behavior. It's not comparable to players in the 90's who didn't get paid close to what he's getting. His tradeoff for that salary is lack of a normal life. He's paid to be committed. If he can't then he shouldn't get the money.
It’s not the money that bothers me. In a way I’d be more concerned if the salary was his main motivation (or even an important consideration) to become the best footballer he can be. If Manchester United really is the sort of club it obviously aspires to be then we need footballers from the very top tier. And those sort of elite athletes have to be 100% dedicated to being the best possible version of themselves. Otherwise a career at a club like United just isn’t for them. And in the context of the season he’s having Rashford shouldn’t even contemplate two consecutive nights out clubbing in a different city when he knows he has training the morning after his second night out. That shows such an incredibly poor mentality. Which helps explain why his career has been stalling the way it has.

SER19

People still defending this cretin :lol: There have been issues one way or another with rashford under mourinho, solskjaer, rangnick and ten hag. In terms of on pitch performance, last season he found a manager who made him a key player and played to his strenghts and he got 30 goals. Brilliant, so surely he leans into that and grows as a player on and off pitch?? Force his way into being a regular started for his country? No. After being dropped last season, and seeing a player removed from the club this season, he decided to go clubbing after a 3 nil hammering in the manchester derby, get a slap on the wrist over it, then follow it up with a two nighter in belfast and probably the most blatant unprofessional missed training ever- 10 days after new owners and new ceo announced.

Lest we forget, probably the worst even individual performance Ive ever seen from a United player, versus newcastle away.

He's 26 years old now. He won't suddenly change. Hes another overpaid, ego massaged, instagram footballer who will never be fit to breathe the same air as the real top class professionals of the modern game.

One of the big mistakes post ferguson was not selling him when his stock was high last season. Let him go to PSG and make a brilliant youtube edit.

dave2528

Imo football players can absolutely have lives. I'm not sure why only English, Manchester United players are supposed to be bloody monks, but that seems to be where we're at. Remember famously shy Sergio Ramos winning everything at Madrid? Or how Pique never went out with Shakira during the season? Or how Ibra kept to himself in every major city he toured in his career? Of course not.

What Rashford does in his spare time doesn't matter to me at all (well as long as he's not hitting any women.ugh.) What does matter is his ability to play football for this club.

I do not believe a single night out is the reason for his relative malaise for a year. So why does it matter? The fascination speaks to a much larger social issue, some kind of weird virtue signalling: if I were a pro football I'd make my body a temple, read inverting the pyramid every night before bed after studing youtube videos in my clockwork orange chair for all the hours after double-training sessions. It's ridiculous.
You forgot to mention that Rashford's innocent *two* night out (consecutively) resulted in him being unable to play football for the club. At least for that training session.

Wayne Rooney was infamous for being out on the town, shagging Gran, showing up to pre-season out of shape. Somehow he managed to get himself fit and proceeded to be a legend here during one of our most successful spells. Would we liked it if he had been more diligent in keeping himself fit? Yeah, but he still produced some pretty outrageous results because he's a fighter and a winner.

Rashford hasn't done anything to deserve enough leway to piss off training sessions in the midst of another season where he looks like a 15 year old who'd rather be home playing with the lads on XBOX but whose dad has shoved football down his throat and ain't hearing any of this nonsense about quiting.

It isn't ridiculous to expect another level from our players. It isn't ridiculous to expect them to want greatness. To NEED to be great. That's the type of player(s) you need to build and maintain dynasties.

Rashford isn't that type of player and he never will be because he's weak mentally and his heart isn't really into it.

Cloud7

He is beginning to feel like Martial 2.0 without the injuries
Has Martial ever had disciplinary issues? Can’t remember any off the top of my head, he was just always injured. I think there was something when Ibra took his number, but that’s about it?

Vidooq

The fact that some fans will always find an angle to defend his behavior is the reason why the standards have dropped so much. There is always an excuse for him.

RedRocket9908

Its looks like he has been dropped, correct decision if he is going out drinking then missing training because of it.

Chumpsbechumps

Has Martial ever had disciplinary issues? Can’t remember any off the top of my head, he was just always injured. I think there was something when Ibra took his number, but that’s about it?
To be fair , it’s not the exact same, I sort of meant moreso like a player who looks like they don’t give a sh*te and don’t really look overly driven to be the best they can be.

Chumpsbechumps

Maybe the club need to get him some professional help. Nice to get an insight from someone who actually knows him, rather then him just being judged very harshly online by strangers.
Honest question. If you are a professional athlete , at the peak of a sport, does mental health issues perhaps mean you aren’t capable of being at the peak of the sport?

I’ve had mental health issues all my life and what I’ve learned is that when I’m feeling low I have to look after myself. I don’t goto Pubs and clubs to do that. Having mental health issues explains how you may not be yourself or your levels are dropping.

Not looking after yourself is a choice you make that can make things worse.

Being a soccer player brings alot of attention. You can’t isolate out the scrutiny on a player when it suits because that is simply part of being a modern footballer.

I do hope he gets help if he needs it, but I don’t see how going out clubbing can be excused as a mental health thing.

Red_toad

Honest question. If you are a professional athlete , at the peak of a sport, does mental health issues perhaps mean you aren’t capable of being at the peak of the sport?

I’ve had mental health issues all my life and what I’ve learned is that when I’m feeling low I have to look after myself. I don’t goto Pubs and clubs to do that. Having mental health issues explains how you may not be yourself or your levels are dropping.

Not looking after yourself is a choice you make that can make things worse.

Being a soccer player brings alot of attention. You can’t isolate out the scrutiny on a player when it suits because that is simply part of being a modern footballer.

I do hope he gets help if he needs it, but I don’t see how going out clubbing can be excused as a mental health thing.
He doesn't live a life like the rest of us. Seems he could be attracting a few hangers on who could well be leading him astray. I can't excuse his behaviour as he's a fully grown adult. But people turn to all sorts to find something to make them feel happier.
I couldn't imagine living a life under the scrutiny big name players live under.

Chumpsbechumps

He doesn't live a life like the rest of us. Seems he could be attracting a few hangers on who could well be leading him astray. I can't excuse his behaviour as he's a fully grown adult. But people turn to all sorts to find something to make them feel happier.
I couldn't imagine living a life under the scrutiny big name players live under.
I can’t imagine it’s easy to be fair.

But players don’t make it easy for themselves. When you play for United , there’s massive scrutiny, they have to be more careful.

dave2528

I can’t imagine it’s easy to be fair.

But players don’t make it easy for themselves. When you play for United , there’s massive scrutiny, they have to be more careful.
It certainly isn't easy living under the spotlight and expected to put in one top-tier performance after another, but that's the expectation at a club this size and if you can't do that, you're not suppose to last here.

I honestly feel for the lad if he's in such turmoil but at the same time, it's hard to relate because he's living what many of us dreamed of when we were young. But, just like I'm physically incapable of the levels of ability and coordination (not to mention I'm just proper old at this point and terminally ill), Rashford doesn't have the mental fortitude and drive to be the marquee, face of the club player that he's marketed as and compensated to be. During years like this, where he just falls off a cliff in terms of output and result, he maybe has no business being in the league altogether, let alone at a top club.

It's definitely a sad situation. We all want to see a local lad come good and lead us out of the muck. Unfortunately it's become more apparent that isn't going to happen in this case and it's probably best for both the club and the player if he moved on soonish.

OT_United

I think ETH & INEOS would take £50m straight away this summer. I hope this isn’t going down the Sancho route but I can see it.

tomaldinho1

[/QUOTE]
Its looks like he has been dropped, correct decision if he is going out drinking then missing training because of it.

I remember someone commenting on here a while back about how he’d lost the plot since he left his long term gf. I thought it was classic caf nonsense at the time, speculating into something we know nothing about but it looks bang on. He broke up with her, got his mega deal and is living it up.

RuudTom83

The gf excuse has been over used to explain Rashford’s behaviour.

Just show up to work and do what you are paid 300k a week to do ffs.

Alemar

It’s almost like he is trying to force his dropping from the squad (maybe in order to not participate in effort consuming pressing and defensive runs).

Adamsk7

He’s part of what’s wrong with this club and will continue to hold us back. He should be part of the INEOS clear out and getting rid will send a statement that the club is serious about being a footballing outfit again

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I think partially Ole is to blame here. He babysitted him, made him his darling and made him believe Manchester United is all about Rashy.

GiveItToGi...nowait

It’s almost like he is trying to force his dropping from the squad (maybe in order to not participate in effort consuming pressing and defensive runs).
Sometimes when you can’t face failure you self sabotage. Jon Jones (UFC fighter) used to get coked up a week before a title fight so that if he lost he had the mental excuse in his back pocket. Still went out and fecked people up but it just shows the lengths people will go to avoid facing reality.

Maybe Marcus has achieved everything he dreamt of as a kid and just isn’t happy, how do you square that one in your own head? How do you even begin to have that conversation with anyone at the club? There will be a load of posts saying he’s on millions, he’s living the dream he’s no right to complain (they have a point) but that just illustrates the point.

I hope he sorts himself out as he’s a cracking player when he’s on song, it might be that he needs a move away from United and all the pressure that comes with it to get his head sorted.

Reactions: Cheimoon

dirkey

Mind boggling that people are defending him. Multiple issues now with discipline with this guy. Sulks when played on the right. Shocking performance after shocking performance and then the audacity to celebrate his goal by claiming he's been hard done by with criticism. Over paid average player. Had one purple patch. Get rid of his bad performance and Over inflated ego.

AndySmith1990

Mind boggling that people are defending him. Multiple issues now with discipline with this guy. Sulks when played on the right. Shocking performance after shocking performance and then the audacity to celebrate his goal by claiming he's been hard done by with criticism. Over paid average player. Had one purple patch. Get rid of his bad performance and Over inflated ego.
Some people are strange and will defend pretty much anything. Common sense doesn't seem to register

Ronaldo's Love Child

The gf excuse has been over used to explain Rashford’s behaviour.

Just show up to work and do what you are paid 300k a week to do ffs.
Absolutely.

Many people on here seem to forget that prior to last season-he was pretty crap for us also. The media were commenting that his head didn't seem to be in the game ever since his "heroic act of charity" during Covid. It was later revealed he was playing through the pain barrier and needed a shoulder operation though I could never understand why a dodgy shoulder meant he couldn't use his legs to run anymore (anyway, never mind)

hobbers

That fine just serves to remind us all that he's the fourth highest paid forward in the league in the same bracket as De Bruyne, Salah and Haaland.

If any of them lied to their club about illness having taken an extra party day they'd be slaughtered for it too, but they actually do the business on the pitch.

Leonzo1

If you go into your office job and half arse it for years on years, barely completing your tasks and show no desire to improve yourself you're technically not committing any disciplinary issues. Are you contributing something? No. Do you deserve to get fired? Yes.
Both Martial and Rashford should leave the club. The reasons are different but the end result is the same.

Alemar

If any of them lied to their club about illness having taken an extra party day they'd be slaughtered for it too, but they actually do the business on the pitch.
It couldn’t have happened. All the aforementioned players are professionals who prioritize football over lifestyle and other activities. That’s the main difference - football is the most important thing for de Bryune, for Salah and for Haaland. For Marcus, however, there are several things that are visibly more important

Bertie Wooster

How do we protect the one's who follow from following the same path?
There'll always be many who lack the hunger / desire / professionalism to keep it going for a sustained period in order to reach, and stay, at the top table. Even under the tough Fergie regime, he couldn't keep all the promising youngsters on the right track.

All we can try to do going forward is to prepare a dressing room and club culture that encourages professionalism and a drive and hunger for success. And to look to instill that drive into each of the new youngsters / signings. Some will always fail to reach that level, but as long as they're soon sold and replaced by ones who have it then it's their loss.

The problem occurs when, as over the last decade, the club culture seems to lack that ethos and players lacking that drive and hunger are staying around much too long. If that continues, then yeah, it's a worry for the latest promising players. But let's hope the INEOS changes include addressing that. And quickly.

clarkydaz

How do we protect the one's who follow from following the same path?
This is the end of the Disneyland Woodward brands era, the club created these media monsters. Remember the club still offered pogba 300k to stay. I fail to see how he has so much muscle at the club, it's madness for such an unreliable player. Looking forward to the end of it, which the new regime has stated things will be football first again

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Didn't he have like almost 2 wks to get pissed if he wanted to? We did he do it closer to the game is a mistery.