View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Silverman

There was a time there when one min injury time was gone when a Luton player did a 360 around him outside the box and he did nothing. Stunning even by his nonchalant not give a fook approach.
A ghost... sell him in the summer
This. His lack of effort and not wanting to know is a serious problem. I'm in the camp of sell him if an appropriate offer comes in.

Silverman

Thought he looked better in the second half than the first. The issue we have is that we have a lack of good rotation options for his position, or at least something that will improve us. Guess the only real way forward is to hope that he plays himself out of form. I'm semi-hopeful he'll score and go on a little run to the end of the season to finish on a high.
If he's in form ATM then we're fudged.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually thought he was pretty good second half, abysmal in the first though.

Andersons Dietician

Was a passenger for large parts of the game. had 3 semi decent moments but for the most part a non entity. Even the odd occasion when he decides to try and challenge someone it’s like he is not really challenging but just doing enough to make it look like he is trying to. When he does looks like he jumps in a manner more so to protect himself that trying to win the ball.

BorisManUtd

If we look at his average performance this season, today was better than that. Hopefully he's moving into right direction. He's the weakest link in our attacking trio atm.

Mr Smith

I thought this was his best performance in a while. Unlucky not to score today but was actually really dangerous when he got the ball.

For those of you hammering his work rate, isn't it time to ask whether Ten Hag is asking him not to just run around like a headless chicken, but actually stay on the last man and be available for the counter? Laziness isn't the only explanation for a lack of running.

Reiver

I think he was a fair bit better today than many have commented. He was a threat in attack, although as always he should have done better with some chances. But I thought he also worked hard and put the effort in.

led_scholes

One good pass at garnacho and one good individual effort with his left foot.

A game like today, where the opponents had big gaps in defense, and still couldn't do anything special.

First half was abysmal.

JonesyUk

For those of you hammering his work rate, isn't it time to ask whether Ten Hag is asking him not to just run around like a headless chicken, but actually stay on the last man and be available for the counter? Laziness isn't the only explanation for a lack of running.
Maybe, but the way he let Barkley walk past him 35 yards from goal in the centre of the pitch with 5 minutes to go when we were holding on suggests otherwise.

Robbie Boy

Anyone even remotely thinking that was an ok performance is showing how far our standards as a fanbase have fallen. I thought he was terrible.

hobbers

Anyone even remotely thinking that was an ok performance is showing how far our standards as a fanbase have fallen. I thought he was terrible.
He didnt have a single good moment.

For some people two shots straight at the goalkeeper from the edge of the box are enough to make a performance reasonable.

Robbie Boy

For some people two shots straight at the goalkeeper from the edge of the box are enough to make a performance reasonable.
He made an absolute bollox of that early cutback in the first half that he launched straight at the keeper.

hobbers

Being "pressed" by Rashford surely one of the nicest experiences on a football pitch.

slored1

Bollocks. He made a wonderful pass to Garnacho which he fluffed. Good dribble past two players forcing a save from Kaminski. Also another nice through ball to Garnacho which he failed to convert into anything dangerous right at the end.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

You’re really racking up an impressive tally of straight up nonsensical posts about football. Definitely closing in on some of the very worst football posters on the caf.

And I’m saying this as someone who found Rashford very frustrating today (and for basically this whole season)

Based Adnan

Even Barkley seemed surprised.
He does this every game. There's no real desire to get the ball. Just a half jog to make it look like he's pressing.

It happens week in week out and nothing happens. An example of standards being eroded at the club that he gets away with it and continues to play. Such a lack of effort off the ball wouldn't have been accepted in the past.

hobbers

You’re really racking up an impressive tally of straight up nonsensical posts about football. Definitely closing in on some of the very worst football posters on the caf.

And I’m saying this as someone who found Rashford very frustrating today (and for basically this whole season)
Must be doing something right then by those standards.

Truly nonsensical for anyone to suggest that Rashford didnt have any good moments today. Baffling, off the wall, moon landing conspiracy level stuff.

Mike Smalling

Mixed bag, but definitely some pretty good moments in there. Could easily have had a goal with a bit more luck.

Ronaldo's Love Child

He must also have a head made of glass. Any opposition player who even strokes his face and Rashford goes down like he's been beaten with a baseball bat

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Even Barkley seemed surprised.
This sadly has now become normal with Rashford. He did fine in the game but if we carry on indulging players who can't be bothered, then we shouldn't be surprised at a lack of system/style developing. Because in the present day where there's so much emphasis placed on closing down players collectively, you can't carry someone who refuses to do the bare minimum out of possession.

Ricardo de la Vega

I thought this was his best performance in a while. Unlucky not to score today but was actually really dangerous when he got the ball.

Its not just his defensive positioning; you might be right about that. But he still doesn't actually make any effort to make an actual challenge when he gets a chance. His body language is awful, his effort terrible.

zapp

I praised him for tonight's performance but there's no defending this.

How does he keep getting away with stuff like this? Why doesn't our manager sit him down and tell him that either he shows a bare minimum of hunger or he's out of the team?
Because the manager has allowed him to get away with it before. Why would now be any different? For all the talk of standards, it's clear ETH indulges favourites like any of our previous managers have.

Blood Mage

He's waiting for that PSG phonecall. You can't watch him play and think he has any interest in being here. Shocking today and shocking all season.

Oranges038

Standard performance from him again, occasional bit of effort but mostly it was shit.

Has to be the worst player I've seen at competing for the ball in the air, there was one at the edge of the box in the first half where he jumped and turned in mid air and nearly arsed it away.