4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It’s just a way to make money for him. Otherwise he would jack it all in. I still think he will finish with football by the age of 30
In my previous post in a different thread I made it clear that I didn't blame the attackers for what happened in the game and gave reasons as to what I believe the problem is. But that still doesn't absolve Rashford for a complete lack of professionalism, where he can't be bothered to do the bare minimum out of possession. That's a disgrace.

If we sold Rashford in the summer, and replaced him with someone who ends up scoring less but elevates our game out of possession, we as a team will score more goals as a collective unit over the course of the season imo.

Redstain

Remember when he first broke through? That smiling, enthusiastic young lad who was full of energy? What happened to that kid?

Anyway, enough is enough. Get rid in the summer.
I think its a mix both of mediocrity from the club and a lackluster mentality from the player. When you listen to former players like Rio mention that winning mentality, under a world class manager like Sir Alex it inaugurates itself from season to season. The culture is woven into the environment and the manager presses the right buttons to keep players motivated.

I'm saying this in conjunction to every good player United have had over one or two seasons in the last decade. They have all have failed to replicate those successes in further seasons. Off the top I can only think of De Gea who maintained his level of brilliance, which is telling as goalkeepers have the most isolated responsibilities from any other position on the pitch.

Rashford's attitude for a professional is abysmal but him keeping the same enthusiasm as a breakthrough prospect is something nearly impossible to maintain considering how dysfunctional the club has been.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Terrible stuff today. At his best he’s a real asset but the concern here is the problems look like they are in his head. He looks moody and disinterested most of the time. Perhaps he does need a change of environment.

dan1509

Suprised no one here is talking about it, but on fulhams first goal he was an absolute coward. Instead of trying to get in front of the shot to block it, he turns his body away from it.

https://dubz.co/v/4v0anr

kaku06

a truly contemptible player. nothing at all to like or admire - the living steretype of an ego inflated far beyond ability and a player whose ambitions have already been fulfilled. play in the premier league and make a lot of money. the last miserable block of a horrible type of instagram grifter that has typified a rotten ten years and we should flog him to psg for 10m if theyre stupid enough to take his obscene wages off our hands.

Might just be my least favourite player ever.
I don’t think I have disliked a United player as much as him.
To have been at the club since he was 8, to have come from Manchester, to have this much protection from the club, to claim to be a fan of the club then to be this lazy and sulk this much on the pitch is a disgrace.
It makes me not just question the player but the man himself.
Rashford should be the one setting standards, Rashford should be the one ensuring other players give the barest minimum. This guy is a total let down. A disgrace.
Nailed it.

SAFMUTD

Suprised no one here is talking about it, but on fulhams first goal he was an absolute coward. Instead of trying to get in front of the shot to block it, he turns his body away from it.
He's always been a coward when facing aerial duels that's no surprise. But he's became as lazy as ever, he makes Martial look like the hardest working player.

I'm tired of him, he's got the talent and skills, he's got pace, shooting power but he's either mentally weak or just not interested. We've feck it up giving him worldclass wages, he had one great season last year and that's about it, we reward mediocrity and then we acted surprised when it comes back to bite us.

arthurka

This club never learns, couple of goals after the WC last season and throw at him a 5 year contract and best in class salaries. He should be moved to the reserves he doesn't give a shit. He joggs about but never engages in anything.

Valencia Shin Crosses

In my previous post in a different thread I made it clear that I didn't blame the attackers for what happened in the game and gave reasons as to what I believe the problem is. But that still doesn't absolve Rashford for a complete lack of professionalism, where he can't be bothered to do the bare minimum out of possession. That's a disgrace.

If we sold Rashford in the summer, and replaced him with someone who ends up scoring less but elevates our game out of possession, we as a team will score more goals as a collective unit over the course of the season imo.
Agree, but I don’t think it would be particularly hard to match Rashfords average output either. Career wise he’s basically averaging 1 G/A every 2 games.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just read a stat on twitter that he had no chances created for him and only received 19 passes. Like with Hojlund, our system doesn’t allow for strikers to thrive.

Oldyella

Agree, but I don’t think it would be particularly hard to match Rashfords average output either. Career wise he’s basically averaging 1 G/A every 2 games.
This. He's had some good spells but there some real troughs among the peaks. He really wouldn't be hard to replace.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The only reason I mentioned his output was because there's people who seem to think that we will need to replace his goals. Of course scoring goals is the ultimate objective in the game, but it's about scoring goals as a collective unit which will benefit the team within a system of play. And that system of play won't develop if you can't be bothered to do the bare minimum.

I think selling Rashford would be the correct move both tactically on the pitch and also as far as the FFP boost his sale would bring about.

Red_toad

Just read a stat on twitter that he had no chances created for him and only received 19 passes. Like with Hojlund, our system doesn’t allow for strikers to thrive.
Hojlund works his arse off, Rashford was way to passive and reminded me of when McTommy plays in midfield and hides from passes.

Dec9003

Hojlund works his arse off, Rashford was way to passive and reminded me of when McTommy plays in midfield and hides from passes.
Hojlund also didn’t score his first premier league goal until Boxing Day, it’s clear we have issues getting the ball to the striker consistently regardless of which one we pick. As another poster suggested, it would be interesting to see some stats that back up Marcus’ lack of effort.

FergiesBoot

When those fashion pictures of himself and Lingard came out you knew his head was already gone elsewhere. Huge ego and limited ability, it's a massive problem.

clarkydaz

Hojlund also didn’t score his first premier league goal until Boxing Day, it’s clear we have issues getting the ball to the striker consistently regardless of which one we pick. As another poster suggested, it would be interesting to see some stats that back up Marcus’ lack of effort.
there was a game a few weeks back where Rashford, Bruno and Anthony had like 16 shots on goal to Rasmus' 1. At least Rashford might now know how the main striker feels. i didnt actually get to the game today so watched some fancam reactions, and they are literally cussing the guy out with profanity on camera. Not a normal thing

Dec9003

there was a game a few weeks back where Rashford, Bruno and Anthony had like 16 shots on goal to Rasmus' 1. At least Rashford might now know how the main striker feels. i didnt actually get to the game today so watched some fancam reactions, and they are literally cussing the guy out with profanity on camera. Not a normal thing
I don’t think it’s worth taking opinions from fancams, do you watch the United stand out of interest? I think statistically outside of Bruno, Rashford has played more balls to Hojlund than any other United player currently.

Andersons Dietician

I’ve not really been a fan for a few years now as these types of performances and actions have always been there but I wasn’t sure if I would sell him but now selling him to the likes of a PSG for 100+ mil seems like the greatest bit of buisness this club has and will do for a while.

The way he pulls out of challenges and half heartedly makes an effort to close people down is just terrible. Watch him on that break they had and then their first goal. Absolutely shocking.

-Supreme-

Do you think his effort has been good enough?

clarkydaz

I don’t think it’s worth taking opinions from fancams, do you watch the United stand out of interest? I think statistically outside of Bruno, Rashford has played more balls to Hojlund than any other United player currently.
i do, and watch several different reactions, they are ripping him to shreds

Dec9003

Do you think his effort has been good enough?
I’d like to see the stats that show he is pressing and sprinting less than his teammates. Fulham outran United in the first half, that’s the full teams not just individual.

Dec9003

i do, and watch several different reactions, they are ripping him to shreds
The United Stand have it in for Rashford since he shut them down earlier in the season, they clearly push an agenda against the guy. Like I said, watch the match, don’t listen to Mark Goldbridge of all people. :lol: :lol:

-Supreme-

I’d like to see the stats that show he is pressing and sprinting less than his teammates. Fulham outran United in the first half, that’s the full teams not just individual.
Have you watched any of our games this season? If so, I ask again, do you think his effort has been good enough?

clarkydaz

The United Stand have it in for Rashford since he shut them down earlier in the season, they clearly push an agenda against the guy. Like I said, watch the match, don’t listen to Mark Goldbridge of all people. :lol: :lol:
yes what about the other fancams, or is it all a conspiracy against St Rashford?

Red_toad

Hojlund runs himself into the ground,. If you need 'stats' to see the difference between the 2 players.... the mind boggles.

Dec9003

Have you watched any of our games this season? If so, I ask again, do you think his effort has been good enough?
I asked for information first, once you provide it I’ll answer, that’s fair no?

Dec9003

yes what about the other fancams, or is it all a conspiracy against St Rashford?
How about you actually watch the match and form your own opinion? What’s the point of conversing with you about a match you didn’t even watch. :lol:

Dec9003

Hojlund runs himself into the ground,. If you need 'stats' to see the difference between the 2 players.... the mind boggles.
I’d just like to see some stats that show Rashford is covering less distance than his teammates, if he has it should be prove-able.

clarkydaz

How about you actually watch the match and form your own opinion? What’s the point of conversing with you about a match you didn’t even watch. :lol:
as a season ticket holder i have my own opinion formed a long time ago, and would kick him out tomorrow. i can do smilies aswell! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dec9003

as a season ticket holder i have my own opinion formed a long time ago, and would kick him out tomorrow. i can do smilies aswell! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Season ticket holder but didn’t watch the match yeah nice one that makes your point valid. Like I said, watch the match then comment on it? Or just let Mark Goldbridge do your thinking for you, if it’s easier. :lol: :lol: