View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

clarkydaz

Season ticket holder but didn’t watch the match yeah nice one that makes your point valid. Like I said, watch the match then comment on it? Or just let Mark Goldbridge do your thinking for you, if it’s easier. :lol: :lol:
its all the same as before, whats with the Goldbridge fetish?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
its all the same as before, whats with the Goldbridge fetish?
You don’t know if it’s the same as before, your seat was empty. I don’t think Rashford put less effort in than his teammates, and my opinion is more valid than yours because I watched the match we’re speaking about. :houllier:

AndySmith1990

I’d like to see the stats that show he is pressing and sprinting less than his teammates. Fulham outran United in the first half, that’s the full teams not just individual.
Why do you need to see stats to determine if a player is putting in effort? Do you not trust your own eyes?

clarkydaz

You don’t know if it’s the same as before, your seat was empty. I don’t think Rashford put less effort in than his teammates, and my opinion is more valid than yours because I watched the match we’re speaking about. :houllier:
you're in a distinct minority of united fans defending Rashford, so no youre opinion isnt more valid

Dec9003

Why do you need to see stats to determine if a player is putting in effort? Do you not trust your own eyes?
As in the post you quoted, we ran less than Fulham as a collective, I’d like to see if Rashford is moving significantly less than his teammates. I don’t think he looked like he put less effort in than the rest today really.

hobbers

As another poster suggested, it would be interesting to see some stats that back up Marcus’ lack of effort.
It's bizarre anyone who's ever watched a single game of Rashford would need stats to confirm it.

And there are no stats that tally the number of times a striker pulls out of a duel or the amount of time they spend hiding behind defenders.

His distance covered and sprints have always been low.

Dec9003

It's bizarre anyone who's ever watched a single game of Rashford would need stats to confirm it.

And there are no stats that tally the number of times a striker pulls out of a duel or the amount of time they spend hiding behind defenders.
Players are tracked on presses, sprints etc. if the stats are out there that he’s actually moving less throughout a match than his teammates I would like to see them.

Fletchlings

Think it’s time to cash in and sell him in the summer. If Ratcliffe wants to be ruthless, this needs to happen. Poor attitude and lack of work ethic will start to rub off on the youngsters. Can forgive the negatives if he was putting up consistent 30 G/A per season, but he doesn’t…

In Rainbows

Players are tracked on presses, sprints etc. if the stats are out there that he’s actually moving less throughout a match than his teammates I would like to see them.
Well those stats are provided by opta, but they're difficult to come by unless you run a stats website or work for the media that has access to their data.

Dec9003

Well those stats are provided by opta, but they're difficult to come by unless you run a stats website or work for the media that has access to their data.
That makes sense, I’ve been Googling but struggled to find much of anything.

jesperjaap

Are people finally realising, it doesnt matter about talent and ability, if you are performing welll for 3months overall of a season, you are not a star player. We have given out huge contracts to Fernandes and Rashford and neither in todays game are worth half what we are paying them. At least Fernandes puts in the workrate. Just watch nearly ay aerial ball Rashford is involved in, he literally never even tries to head it, just jumps under or to the side of the ball....that literally tells you all you need to know about him.

We have two top top players in this side, both have been injured most of the season, we also have 3/4 really good youngsters, two of which have broken through, Mainoo especially looks a fantastic prospect....There are other players I like, but its few and far between but those players are showing it isnt just the system or environment, these other players and some of them stars are not performign to the levels needed in a couple of cases due to age, but the vast majority, simply as they are not good enough and/or dont have the mental fortitude for the top level.

People talking about Rashford going to PSG.....no chance, they will sign the player we should spend whatever it takes to replace him in Viniscus

-Supreme-

You clearly don’t have any actual stats then.
Do you have difficulties forming an opinion without stats? I presume you have watched a large amount of our games this season so I’m intrigued to hear your thoughts if Rashfords efforts have been good enough. It really is a simple question.

Dec9003

Do you have difficulties forming an opinion without stats? I presume you have watched a large amount of our games this season so I’m intrigued to hear your thoughts if Rashfords efforts have been good enough. It really is a simple question.
I think I’ve provided it a couple of times on this thread tonight already. I don’t think that he tried less today than his teammates, or at least the majority of them. I think it was a flat performance in general and the stats I saw of Fulham outrunning United over 90 minutes seems to back that up.

Lentwood

I feel it would really send out a message if we sold Rashford in the Summer.

For me, he represents everything that has gone wrong over the last decade, and it's not all his fault either- the club are culpable.

He's been overhyped, overpaid, overindulged and he's massively overrated.

Sell him, take the £60m-odd and invest in 'real' footballers.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Im 100% sure the resolution of the Belfast case was a mutual agreement on him moving in the summer
Perhaps, although I don’t see that being the case personally. I think he’ll get another season under Ineos.

hobbers

That makes sense, I’ve been Googling but struggled to find much of anything.
Cant get hold of opta stats for distances covered, but you can see on fbref how Rashford compares with other wingers for defensive actions... not great.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Last edited:

Dec9003

Cant get hold of opta stats for distances covered, but you can see on fbref how Rashford compares with other wingers for defensive actions... not great.

Yeah that definitely shows him as being poor defensively, which he should improve on.

The Substitute

God, those stats are almost as shocking as his actual performances.

Given that he doesn't do jack-all defensively, it's good that he is probably blowing up the percentiles on his offensive contributions!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He couldn't give less of a feck about United, it's so abundantly obvious.

Superunknown

He underperformed again. Such a poor season it's been for him. Fully understand it if the club moves him on in the summer. We need better.

InfiniteBoredom

He couldn't give less of a feck about United, it's so abundantly obvious.
It’s more the case that we’ve indulged him for far too long and screwed up his development to the point that he’s no better now at 26 than the 18 year old that debuted in LvG’s season. His defensive contribution going as far back as Mourinho was bad (actually marginally worse than Martial in 17/18 for instance) but because he was young and a homegrown product, it was glossed over.

I feel for Rashford, I really do, he’s been put through the grinder with the constant instability surrounding the club, and hasn’t had good mentorship to make the most of his talents. At the same time, I never saw this great talent the fanbase was raving about, he has a few key physical qualities but lacks a lot of the technical and mental excellence that separate the good from the great, and has never developed them. And despite all that he was elevated to a position beyond his merits through our incompetence, and this is the result.