4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don’t think I’ve ever disliked an academy graduate as much as Rashford, academy players should be the heart and soul of the team. Rashford and McTominay are both holding us back, for different reasons.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
There's a thread asking whether or not people think INEOS will be a success. I can't decide yet but my answer will be influenced by how they deal with Rashford.

He's a joke, a sorry excuse for a Man United player. One of the senior players in the squad but the one who visibly puts in the least effort on the field. Off the field? I don't think the likes of Giggs was missing training for night out by the time he was Rashford's age.

iKeano

There's a thread asking whether or not people think INEOS will be a success. I can't decide yet but my answer will be influenced by how they deal with Rashford.
100% this! If he's still here next Feb (giving Ineos one window to deal with the absolute deadweight and until Jan window to negotiate whatever club we can get to take Rashford and his ridiculous contract off our hands) - that's my benchmark of how serious they are.
We need to set down a marker and plodding around like a raincloud for £350k a week isn't it.

"Local lad" academy label has never been as thinly stretched as it has for this fraud. Played for his supper last year and downed tools before the ink dried on his contract. Get him gone.

As for last night's 20min cameo, he should be dropped for the foreseeable, but Ten Hag is too weak. The circular mess continues.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The performance was fine. Certainly not awful. But the fact that our best paid player and someone who should supposedly be building the team around gets dropped before a big game like this (and this is seen as a perfectly reasonable call by the manager) says it all really. His disastrous season continues.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It’s crazy. I defended him vehemently when he took on the Tory government. People claimed it was a distraction.
to go from that to a player I dislike so much is crazy.
For a Manchester lad, an academy graduate and our highest paid player, to give as little shit on the pitch and walk about like he does, is a disgrace not only to him but the people around him.
I want him out so bad. The likes of Garnacho and Mainoo cannot be made to believe this is acceptable. He’s a disgrace.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He's been woeful and it's time for him and the club to part ways. He's made some great memories here and I'll wish him well.

RedDevilQuebecois

Don’t think I’ve ever disliked an academy graduate as much as Rashford, academy players should be the heart and soul of the team. Rashford and McTominay are both holding us back, for different reasons.
Rashford is quickly approaching Paul Pogba levels of hatred if he's not already there. That's how bad one has to be as a talented former member of our academy if I can despise that player so much.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Might as well not be on the pitch and be down a man. I can tolerate this if you’ve been on the pitch for 80 minutes bursting your lungs.

RedDevilQuebecois

Might as well not be on the pitch and be down a man. I can tolerate this if you’ve been on the pitch for 80 minutes bursting your lungs.
If Ten Hag has to lose his job (and I'm now very convinced that he will), I hope he will eventually blast Rashford in front of the TV cameras and then call him out in the post-match press conference for a blatant lack of effort such as this. It's the "I go down, you go down with me" moment.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s crazy. I defended him vehemently when he took on the Tory government. People claimed it was a distraction.
to go from that to a player I dislike so much is crazy.
For a Manchester lad, an academy graduate and our highest paid player, to give as little shit on the pitch and walk about like he does, is a disgrace not only to him but the people around him.
I want him out so bad. The likes of Garnacho and Mainoo cannot be made to believe this is acceptable. He’s a disgrace.
Unfortunately at this point it’s still the best thing he’s done. If he hadn’t done that I think the goodwill for him would have run out quite a long time ago. I’m blue in the face saying it at this point, you aren’t winning anything with senior players like him prancing around the place. He’s a major part of the post spice boys hangover

the hea

He shouldn't be in the squad after a performance like that. If the manager isn't man enough to put down the foot then someone above him needs to do it. We need to make it crystal clear that there is a minimum level required from every player at this club. The way Rashford is behaving is a direct insult to the fans who pay money every week to watch the team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tracked back once and made a simple pass. The fact his defenders offer this as him playing well says it all.

Everyone should remember this context when it's propsed he supposedly looks "world class" in a match. No other player of his standing and wage at a similar sized club, has the bar set so low. The lad has to walk into the pitch with each boot lace tied correctly and he's already had a minimum 7/10 game.
I'm not even saying he had a good game. I'm saying he did his job fine and his job was to keep the ball and not run into dead ends and just give some work rate, which he did. We were seeing out the game comfortably and he wasn't throwing it away.

There have been plenty of times to shit on Rashford this season. Yesterday wasn't one of them.

ArjenIsM3

I'm not even saying he had a good game. I'm saying he did his job fine and his job was to keep the ball and not run into dead ends and just give some work rate, which he did. We were seeing out the game comfortably and he wasn't throwing it away.

There have been plenty of times to shit on Rashford this season. Yesterday wasn't one of them.
That's a very low bar of "some work rate".

AndySmith1990

Low standards

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Mate. It was 20 minutes. He was moving just above walking pace. It’s unacceptable.

I’ll go as far as saying that if he had ran for twenty minutes, we would have won the game.

It was an embarrassment.

Look at how Martinelli or Rice got involved in their cameos the previous night. High energy, hard running.

I’m not expecting him to do the rabid stupid running that Bruno does, but it was twenty minutes. No footage should exist of him trotting. Let alone several. Just fecking run. Bare minimum.

We (rightly) railed against Ronaldo and he put in waaaaaay more effort when necessary. How have we let ourselves be gaslit into accepting it?

Doracle

The performance was fine. Certainly not awful. But the fact that our best paid player and someone who should supposedly be building the team around gets dropped before a big game like this (and this is seen as a perfectly reasonable call by the manager) says it all really. His disastrous season continues.
It wasn’t a perfectly reasonable call though. Chelsea away is a perfect match for Rashford, with their set up. He’s been in good form recently and I’m relatively confident we win that match with the Rashford-Hojlund-Garnacho front 3 (even Antony was breezing past the Chelsea right back - Garnacho would have had him on toast).

As for Rashford’s performance, he was tidy enough. Nice bit of link up play to set up the goal and some good tracking back. Had as many successful passes as Hojlund managed in 70 minutes.

Frustrating that we isolated him in the last 10 minutes or so (switching him to the wing and moving Bruno to the false 9 position would have been far better). We really should have been able to create some chances when Chelsea looked to push forwards but we sat too deep.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It wasn’t a perfectly reasonable call though. Chelsea away is a perfect match for Rashford, with their set up. He’s been in good form recently and I’m relatively confident we win that match with the Rashford-Hojlund-Garnacho front 3 (even Antony was breezing past the Chelsea right back - Garnacho would have had him on toast).

As for Rashford’s performance, he was tidy enough. Nice bit of link up play to set up the goal and some good tracking back. Had as many successful passes as Hojlund managed in 70 minutes.

Frustrating that we isolated him in the last 10 minutes or so (switching him to the wing and moving Bruno to the false 9 position would have been far better). We really should have been able to create some chances when Chelsea looked to push forwards but we sat too deep.
It really was. Although to understand the rationale you’d have to have watched the Brentford match (or indeed any of Rashford’s many similarly crap performances this season)

Shinjch

Night and day.
I know it's only a small snapshot, but a player who is getting paid what he is and who has come through the club to now be one of the senior pros should at least have the pride to not allow a snapshot like this to be taken of him. Embarrassing, and really emblematic of how he has treated this season.

Doracle

It really was. Although to understand the rationale you’d have to have watched the Brentford match (or indeed any of Rashford’s many similarly crap performances this season)
I watched the Brentford match. He wasn’t great but was the best of our forwards (all of whom were poor). If we were genuinely basing our team on that match, then Garnacho and Bruno should have been nowhere near last night’s team.

The match before that was against Liverpool, who play a style a bit more akin to Chelsea. Rashford was excellent in that match, bar frustratingly missing that offside chance at the end of normal time.

Pughnichi

Unfortunately at this point it’s still the best thing he’s done. If he hadn’t done that I think the goodwill for him would have run out quite a long time ago. I’m blue in the face saying it at this point, you aren’t winning anything with senior players like him prancing around the place. He’s a major part of the post spice boys hangover
I completely separate what he did outside of football. What he achieved bares no significance to what he does on a football pitch. Fair play to him.

what he does on the pitch is shambolic. He needs to be pushed out

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think people are completely barking up the wrong tree with all these “gotcha” clips.

I’m pretty confident that Ten Hag wants his CF at this stage of the game to be sitting in space, ready to sprint forward as soon we get the ball on transition. He did it versus Liverpool to great effect, and it is why Hojlund made way again. He’s not making that sub for Rashford, or whoever else it could be, to sprint himself tired in solo presses.

He’d probably be more perturbed at Rashford somehow having to sprint back and cover the RB slot, below, than he would be occupying the right spaces for counterattacks:

Doracle

I think people are completely barking up the wrong tree with all these “gotcha” clips.

I’m pretty confident that Ten Hag wants his CF at this stage of the game to be sitting in space, ready to sprint forward as soon we get the ball on transition. He did it versus Liverpool to great effect, and it is why Hojlund made way again. He’s not making that sub for Rashford, or whoever else it could be, to sprint himself tired in solo presses.

He’d probably be more perturbed at Rashford somehow having to sprint back and cover the RB slot, below, than he would be occupying the right spaces for counterattacks:

That clip is bizarre isn’t it? We’re a goal up in the 95th minute. Somehow we have both wingers and two of our three CMs pushed up on Chelsea’s back line. A long ball then cuts out our other midfielder and full back leaving our CF covering into the right back spot. It’s good work by Rashford but really odd positional play generally.

GueRed

Did his best Anthony Martial impression when he came on last night.

Unacceptable.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Its the 83rd minute and we are leading 3-2. His job at that point in a game with a lead is to help defend the lead. Yes if the situation is we are chasing a score or much earlier in a game he should be conserving himself to make fast sharp attacking runs then he should be moving that way. However that wasnt the situation. 83rd minute, defending a lead. Also he had oly been on for 25 minutes at that point. Context matters and in this context his application was utter shit.

RedStarUnited

If Ten Hag likes him walking around. It would explain a lot of things and be one of the reasons he is not going to be here next season as manager.

And as for the clip, Rashford was there by chance, he didnt sprint back to cover as the tweet would suggest.

soapythecat

Standards have fallen if we are counting that cameo as anything other than disgusting.

Katy Cat

How INEOS handle the Rashford situation is one to watch, as it feels like it will be instructive about whether - and when - they are willing to get hands-on, more interventionist, in hiking standards and shifting culture.

The extent to which he's been variously eulogised ('our own Mbappe'), indulged (by not being dropped), and marketed (the wrong motivations), is the perfect illustration of how and why we've gone so wrong and so bad. He is not and never will be anything approaching a top-class, never mind world class, talent. Sure, he's had a number of hot scoring streaks - and we may yet get another of those - but they pale against weeks and months of nothingness, his lack of almost any footballing intelligence, and his increasingly surly, almost brattish, on-pitch attitude. He's been a liability for most of this season and there's no evidence that it will all change in any sustainable way.

He'd be nowhere near being a regular pick for Arsenal, City or Liverpool, and if we're going to get serious about aspiring to their levels, he shouldn't be in our team.

He'll probably scrape into the Euros set-up, but won't start games and is very likely to follow Sancho in getting exiled from the England squad in the next 12 months.

The time is right to sit him and his terrible entourage down, to be really clear there's no future for him in the new direction for the club, and be explicit that he needs to move on. For all the right reasons for everyone involved. We can make that happen if we want to, though we'll need to be creative on fees and deal-making as I don't see he's going to attract big money from a buyer.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If Ten Hag likes him walking around. It would explain a lot of things and be one of the reasons he is not going to be here next season as manager.
Nope, he likes him running in behind, which for some reason a lot of people want to pretend isn’t a form of workrate, yet it was the bedrock of ETH’s most successful period at the club.

FootballAI

I completely separate what he did outside of football. What he achieved bares no significance to what he does on a football pitch. Fair play to him.

what he does on the pitch is shambolic. He needs to be pushed out
If we push him out this season there won't be much money since his value will drop very soon once Euro squad announce

With Rashford's uninspiring display and Palmer's the exact opposite, figure this mark the end of Rashford's Euro hope. Basically Rashford is fighting for the last place on either wing with Palmer whom was the only one that was not played by Southgate last friendlies.

England forward wing is fully packed with talents: Saka, Bowen, Gordon, Foden, Grealish. Palmer. That is 6, 3 on each flanks, and Southgate will pick 4 or max 5. No chance for Rashford to be striker either, Toney or Walkins, either one or potentially both will be Kane's back up (if both then wings will be cut down to 4 players)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Nope, he likes him running in behind, which for some reason a lot of people want to pretend isn’t a form of workrate, yet it was the bedrock of ETH’s most successful period at the club.
There’s not a manager on the planet who wants/expects his attacking players to only ever sprint towards the opposition goal. And this includes ETH. Who signed Antony, one of the most defensively hard working wide attackers in the league (apparently the highest number of final third possession wins in the league, so far this season) The idea that he briefs Antony to work his bollox off winning possession up high and tracking back to help out his full back, while asking Rashford to save his legs for running in behind just doesn't wash.

I’ve heard Carl Anka (who makes money from a children’s book he wrote for Rashford) try to use this argument to defend Rashford’s lack of effort. I’m amazed anyone would take it seriously.

Last edited:

Lyng

I thought Rashford did fine when he came on. Don't understand the hysteria around him today.