View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Cessna

When Rashford started becoming a mainstay, he had guts and motivation and wanted to prove himself worthy. It's what we're seeing in Garnacho and Mainoo right now. They might not be executing every move to perfection, but they dare and try, which youngsters are supposed to do when they get the chance.

Rashford is lacking at the moment. He's not brave or energetic, showing signs that he is losing belief in himself and perhaps the system. He might be motivated like he claims, but in a slump where he feels every decision he makes is the wrong one.

He might be doing and saying the right stuff in training, making the coaches believe he still has something to offer if he gets rolling. Perhaps a change of scenery for him would be good. It would surprise me more if there is a bid of a size that the club accepts - then if he was starting again next season.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He’s average, it took me time accept this fact as there were lots of hope for him to be a legend of the club.
Well, "average" is a thing of degrees, I suppose.

The kind interpretation:

Rashford has been a bit up and down, but his sheer output (goals + assists) in his best seasons for us isn't average, it is well above average.

But that is pure numbers - and, yes, it's his best seasons: on average he may indeed be...average for a PL player (haven't done the numbers).

And, of course, the numbers don't tell the full story anyway.

If you compare Rashford to actual, undoubted world class (top class, undeniably brilliant over time, whatever) United players in roughly his position over the years...I mean, the answer is obvious enough even if you factor in that Rashford has played for a relatively speaking shit United vintage: he's nowhere near the level of a Giggs or a Rooney, he's indeed pretty much "average" if you compare him to that class of players.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I thought he did alright yesterday. A few tackles and all. I couldn’t imagine him sneaking in behind and get us a goal like Dias there yesterday though. Maybe a few years ago… Not this one dimensional version. Standing on the edge of the box with his hands on his hips ducking out of the way of any ball over chest height.

Malons

With his height and (alleged) goal threat, why during corners yesterday was he stood outside the box?

EdinburghDevil

He has done ok in some recent matches.

Feels like he'd benefit from a fresh start as would the club.

He'd definitely be on a list of willing to listen to offers for me.

van Nistelrooy

The standards of this club have fallen so low when we're making excuses for Rashford and accepting his performances as adequate.

He's performing no better than Bebe did for us. Living off high moments from his past and a burden on the team. Needs to leave ASAP!

Malons

I feel bad for saying this, but I think he leans into this stuff too easily. There's always an excuse. If he's having problems I hope he resolves them, but people are entitled to notice how poor he's been for the longest time.

I also genuinely think he'd rather grasp at any excuse for his performances than he would work to improve them. His interview from a few weeks ago proves that. It isn't that he's lazy it's because someone wrote something about his tattoos or commented on his cars.

jem

The standards of this club have fallen so low when we're making excuses for Rashford and accepting his performances as adequate.

He's performing no better than Bebe did for us. Living off high moments from his past and a burden on the team. Needs to leave ASAP!
I'm no fan of Rashford, but this is a ridiculous exaggeration.

Malons

The comparison with Bebe and Rashford cannot be made. However if Bebe was on £350k a week, an ever present in the side and turning out identical performances there wouldn't be such a huge defense of his output based on "he's probably just fallen out of love with football"

Mike Smalling

Insanely hyperbolic :lol:

van Nistelrooy

His goals alone make the comparison a non-starter.
Bebe scored 2 goals in 7 appearances for United.

Rashford has scored 8 goals in 38 appearances for United this season.

Considering the financial commitment and disrespect seen from him this season, I know we would be better off without him.

klayton88

Can't help but think of this when I see people questioning a professional footballers love for the game. I too would be delirious with it for those wages. Back when 90k a week was obscene.

Malons

Insanely hyperbolic :lol:
But that's par for the course with Rashford. If we're talking hyperbole, we have to include those games where he's barely looked capable of putting one foot in front of the other that are categorised as "played well", or the time he makes a single decent pass in an entire match as his only memorable contribution and you go to Twitter and it's apparently evidence he's 'recapturing his world class form'.

I know people can go over the top with criticism of players, Rashford included. But some of the superlatives he's lavished with - on the basis sometimes of doing less than the minimum - is where the problem starts. Everyone else's 'quite poor' is Rashford's 'I thought he was excellent'

Lee565

Is this the first season where rashford has looked disinterested?

He has had poor seasons in the past but that was more down to playing through injuries and general inconsistencies

Mike Smalling

But that's par for the course with Rashford. If we're talking hyperbole, we have to include those games where he's barely looked capable of putting one foot in front of the other that are categorised as "played well", or the time he makes a single decent pass in an entire match as his only memorable contribution and you go to Twitter and it's apparently evidence he's 'recapturing his world class form'.

I know people can go over the top with criticism of players, Rashford included. But some of the superlatives he's lavished with - on the basis sometimes of doing less than the minimum - is where the problem starts. Everyone else's 'quite poor' is Rashford's 'I thought he was excellent'
I’m not really on Twitter so can’t comment on that, but on this site I’d say it goes more in the other direction.

And in any case, comparing him to Bebe is complete insanity.

clarkydaz

Is this the first season where rashford has looked disinterested?

He has had poor seasons in the past but that was more down to playing through injuries and general inconsistencies
No he went in a sulk 2 years ago when ralf called him out

FootballAI

We need to bring in new winger to challlenge both Ganarcho and Rashford next season. But until we can find the solution, we need to keep Rashford I think. I don't see Antony fit us, he should be first to go but not yet Rashford.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He needs to be moved on. These half arsed attempts are not acceptable and the club needs to get some standards back. Just look at the players that Fergie sold if he felt they're not up to it anymore

Leethal

Watching some of his old highlight videos on YouTube to remind me what could’ve been, and he certainly seemed up for it. Much more aggression in his attack. Polar opposite of what we’re seeing now. Massive regression for a player, that frankly, I thought would go on to great things. He’s a shadow of his former self. Shame.

I wouldn’t be averse to moving him on; despite being a homegrown United player. Might be best for him on a personal level, and it’s absolutely better for us at a club level, imo.

RuudTom83

In no way defending Rashford's performances this season, but the injuries over the last few years could have curtailed his ability somewhat. He might never reach his potential.

I wonder how long he would last in a match if he did go 100%.

HackeyC

Injuries don't explain what at times seems like a lack of effort and poor decision making.

lex talionis

Rashford’s ongoing sulking remains a genuine concern. He seems like a footballer who’s disillusioned with his club and wants to move on to a new challenge.

clarkydaz

In no way defending Rashford's performances this season, but the injuries over the last few years could have curtailed his ability somewhat. He might never reach his potential.

I wonder how long he would last in a match if he did go 100%.
How did he look last year when the ball was flying in the net? didnt seem too bothered about the media/fans then

Malons

The man got media coverage that frankly bordered on wall to wall sycophancy for the best part of two years. People have started to notice his workrate isn't up to scratch and he doesn't like it. Psychologically it has to be difficult going from being so adored and 'national treasure' status and reading every day about how wonderful you are and how you deserve a knighthood and you're talking to world leaders, getting awards and generally being treated like the most popular man in the country at the time other than that guy with the crooked kids who walked round his garden a bit - to the coverage he gets now.

But...so what? Deal with it. You take the rough with the smooth. He seems unable to handle anything that isn't praise. And the excuses are never ending. If it isn't the media it's the fans, if it's not the fans it's an injury, or memories of a previous injury, or it's the manager apparently telling him not to break a sweat and play like ass. Nothing is his fault. He's apparently both an excellent, top-drawer footballer we should all stop criticising and a poor wee lamb helpless against the raging agendas of fans who think it might be an idea if he worked a bit harder.

The player he's become in the last two years, I cannot think of anyone less suited to be called a Manchester United player in terms of what that used to mean. I can't think of any Fergie side this Rashford would get into the matchday squad for.

"It's okay lads, he's just thinking about the media criticising his choice of car, so let's overlook the disgraceful performances" - sounds definitely the sort of thing Roy Keane would bellow out in the dressing room after a match.

RuudTom83

How did he look last year when the ball was flying in the net? didnt seem too bothered about the media/fans then
Valid point.

(To make a different point) I would say the 859 games the squad played last season has well and truly caught up with most of them.

Last season probably did more damage than we’d like to admit! Similar mistakes will be repeated with Hojlund/Garnacho if they are continually played every match.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Valid point.

(To make a different point) I would say the 859 games the squad played last season has well and truly caught up with most of them.

Last season probably did more damage than we’d like to admit! Similar mistakes will be repeated with Hojlund/Garnacho if they are continually played every match.
And Mainoo.