Marcus Rashford in talks with Manchester United over new long-term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I put the link from totalsportek. It's literally there.

Anyway, all sources put United as above Real Madrid. On wages. That's even they've just won Champions League 3 times in a row.
That's the problem believing shit sources. Check UEFA report, Madrid pay highest wages followed by Barca.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...tands-brink-history-still-struggling-win/amp/

From UEFA report

Real Madrid CF reported the largest wage increase in both percentage (32%) and absolute (€100m) terms, becoming the first club ever to record a total wage bill in excess of €400m
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...lublicensing/02/58/99/65/2589965_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Madrid - 406 million euros
Barca - 378 million euros
City - 334 million euros
ManUtd - 306 million euros

Last edited:

Zlatattack

He's a top talent, someone we want to keep, someone who's a regular in our first team, who is delivering ever increasingly. Lets pay him a good amount and sign him up. In 5 years time when we look back and he's scored 20 goals a season for us for the last 5 years, we'll not regret it.

Yakuza_devils

Pay the man his money.

He has improved a lot. Shooting, finishing, free kicks, dribbling, link up play and creating chances have all went up several levels in his games from last year.

Cloud7

It does look like our new policy is just out pay the competition so that they aren't tempted to leave. The big contract we need to make sure we get nailed down in the next few seasons is Pogba.
What’s funny is I’m willing to bet the same people in here moaning about these wages being too much for Rashy, are the same people in other threads calling the Glazers leeches, parasites and saying that they’re stealing all the clubs money and not spending any of it on the team.

Sir Scott McToMinay

In 2019, that’s the type of money an international who leads the line for Manchester United is supposed to earn.
Don’t agree with it, but that’s the way it goes.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That's the problem believing shit sources. Check UEFA report, Madrid pay highest wages followed by Barca.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...tands-brink-history-still-struggling-win/amp/

From UEFA report

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...lublicensing/02/58/99/65/2589965_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Madrid - 406 million euros
Barca - 378 million euros
City - 334 million euros
ManUtd - 306 million euros
I never understood this nonsense that our wages are higher than teams such as City, Madrid or Barca. I mean people believing in such blatant lies astound me because it's so obvious to anyone applying a bit of logic to figure out that those teams with their squads would logically have wages higher then ours no matter how much negative narratives the media wanted to drive about us.

ChaddyP

Can't believe we are paying one of our most talented players par for the course money. Surely that money should be instead going to the pockets of the billionaire owners instead!! And to think we had to spend all of 0 dollars in Transfer money to get rashford here.

I mean the Glazers work so hard doing feck all , why should they be subject to paying the employees industry average wages. What kind of world do we live in where the employees have any amount of power to negotiate their pay. What are we Marxists !

mu4c_20le

In 2019, that’s the type of money an international who leads the line for Manchester United is supposed to earn.
Don’t agree with it, but that’s the way it goes.
He's a double figure goalscorer playing out wide, local boy, loves the club, fans love him. And still only 21. I dont know why hes so massively underrated here, to the point where people wanted him out last season.

Beagle

Well if you truly are one of the biggest clubs in the world, you'll have to pay salaries that the other elite clubs pay. Especially for the brightest young talent the club has produced in a while. I'm sure clubs like Barca or Bayern would do the same.

Besides it's good that out of all the money made by the club a good chunk goes to the most important people at the club. Huge salaries are only a problem in two cases:
1. the club pays more than it makes - which is obviously not the case here
2. squad rotation players get paid top wages - which has happened and needs a fairly long time to correct. It should be something that's kept in mind going forward else the club will be stuck with deadwood for years to come.

Kag

If I was Rashford I’d be taking a peek at what Lukaku and Martial are bringing in and asking for a bit of that. It wouldn’t be undeserved by comparison. Especially at the moment.

Great news, mind.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

C'est Moi Cantona

Just short of £40 million over five years, we paid virtually twice that for Lukaku, and will probably lose about £40 million when we end up selling him, or around half what it cost us to get shut of Jose, or probably the same per week as it takes Sanchez three days to earn, so for a change it's money well spent by United, just hope he signs.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Considering we have opted for 6 year contracts recently - if I were Rashford I’d be asking 150k at least. He doesn’t want to be going into his prime at 27/28 and earning less that half what Sanchez is earning now.

£150k is reasonable for the leagues brightest talent who is already our number 9.

DBT85

I genuinely believed that millennials were kids born post 2000 :nervous::lol:
lots and lots and ltos of people think exactly the same. That's why when the articles come out saying that millenials are ruining everything, people think its kids, it's not, it's the 30 year olds haha.

Nikelesh Reddy

Rashford's goal to game tally is currently better than Ronaldo's was after the same amount of games for United. We should be doing everything possible to keep the rest of Europe away from one of our prized assets, that can ultimately be one of the best strikers in Europe.

If Rashford goes on to have a 25+ goal season next season no one will question the salary, they'll all be talking about how much he would cost in the current market instead.

Reports are that De Gea wants the same as Sanchez and you can't blame him, he's crucial to us.
Absolutely.I think that we should cut our losses on Sanchez by selling him next summer.You don’t struggle at a club for 18 months at the age of 30 and miraculously turn things around.We should tell him in no uncertain terms that we are trying to sell him next summer...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That UEFA report is for fiscal year 2017, if anyone bother to read the link before jumped in to make comment.

Here's the latest one for 2018/19. I'm not sure how reliable Telegraph is:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...age-bill-balloons-almost-300m-second-highest/

And this from that wage thread.
Those numbers are from the 16/17 season and many clubs have already released their accounts for last season.

Team — Wage Bill - % of revenue

Barcelona - €562M - 81%
Real Madrid - €431M - 58%
Man United - €338M - 50%
PSG - €332M - 61%
Bayern Munich - €303M - 48%
Man City - €296M - 52%
Chelsea - €278M - 55%
Juventus - €259M - 64%
Dortmund - €187M - 59%

Woziak

If we as United Fans don't believe that Madrid have offered at least this or maybe even more, we are living in a dream world. Rashford currently on £75k per week with Bonuses and Martial was on £100k with bonuses.

Marouane Feillani has departed freeing up if rumours are true£160-180k per week, a legacy of Jose's tenure, Ole binned him and used the money to get both Martial and Rashford signed up on long term contacts for Feillani's wages, 75k extra for Marcus and 100k for Anthony.

This looks like absolutely brilliant business for the club, tieing down 2 world class talents whose market Value could be £250M in a couple of years so what's all the fuss about?

ChaddyP

If we as United Fans don't believe that Madrid have offered at least this or maybe even more, we are living in a dream world. Rashford currently on £75k per week with Bonuses and Martial was on £100k with bonuses.

Marouane Feillani has departed freeing up if rumours are true£160-180k per week, a legacy of Jose's tenure, Ole binned him and used the money to get both Martial and Rashford signed up on long term contacts for Feillani's wages, 75k extra for Marcus and 100k for Anthony.

This looks like absolutely brilliant business for the club, tieing down 2 world class talents whose market Value could be £250M in a couple of years so what's all the fuss about?
Ole binned him or Woodward ?

It's like all that is done poorly is Woodward and that is done correctly was by anyone but Woodward Even those who have been here five minutes

Inter Yer Nan

RuudTom83

Even if Ole leaves at the end of the season his impact on Rashford will be felt at the club for many years.

He is the 3rd name on the team sheet now (De God, Pogba...Rash!) and he is only going to get better.

Give him 150k and a 5+1 year deal.

Unitedssss

Rashford signing a new long-term deal is exactly what we want. And 150k a week does not seem much compared to Sanchez's deal.

arthurka

If we get him on 5+1 deal with 150k its a great deal for the club he will be 26 when we will have to raise his wages or sell him.. get it done.

Mr PG

Unless there has been a push from Rashford's side, I don't see why the hurry to give him a new contract. Isn't there enough contract situations to already worry about?
Does he have an agent or does his family look into things?
Taking players for granted is a big mistake. We could easily have lost both Martial and DeGea for nominal amounts of not for our resurgence under ole. Other clubs send feelers and these guys know what they’re worth.

Not really, but he's got a sentence in our most popular new singalong song.
[MEDI..A=youtube]4Tpbjjjjyfk4kCFA[/.MED....IA]

Ole’s at the wheel,
Tell me how good does it feel,
We’ve got Sanchez, Paul Pogba and Fred,
Marcus Rashford is Manc born and bred
Doo doo doo doo doo doooo
The greatest of English football
We’ve won it all
I love this song. So catchy.

roonster09

Scout
That UEFA report is for fiscal year 2017, if anyone bother to read the link before jumped in to make comment.
So again one more unreliable source you posted says Barca have/had highest wage bill in 2017 and Madrid in 3rd or 4th but the UEFA report that was published last month (for FY17) shows how far ahead Madrid are in wages. Difference in reported amount is not even funny.

Btw, that's the latest UEFA benchmarking report that was published last month for FY17. It's not the latest FY year but at least it's accurate and show how shit other sources are.

Brightonian

People are really complaining about paying our best forward £150k? In modern football that's incredibly conservative. How much are we paying Alexis 'Make A Wish Foundation' Sanchez again?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So again one more unreliable source you posted says Barca have/had highest wage bill in 2017 and Madrid in 3rd or 4th but the UEFA report that was published last month (for FY17) shows how far ahead Madrid are in wages. Difference in reported amount is not even funny.

Btw, that's the latest UEFA benchmarking report that was published last month for FY17. It's not the latest FY year but at least it's accurate and show how shit other sources are.
It’s ironic because you use the same paper that you deemed “shit” as your op source. Ha!

roonster09

Scout
It’s ironic because you use the same paper that you deemed “shit” as your op source. Ha!
I'm talking about talksport, that's the one you used to prove Manutd wage is higher than Madrid in 2017 when UEFA report shows how far they are from the truth.

Anyways I have made my points, UEFA report > Crap sources.

roonster09

Scout
I never understood this nonsense that our wages are higher than teams such as City, Madrid or Barca. I mean people believing in such blatant lies astound me because it's so obvious to anyone applying a bit of logic to figure out that those teams with their squads would logically have wages higher then ours no matter how much negative narratives the media wanted to drive about us.
When you search for any player wages, first thing that pops up is Sportskeeda, sillyseason, totalsportreck and few more shit sources who are nothing but twitter memes. "OMG Shaw earns more than Lahm" type BS.

cyril C

Here's the latest one for 2018/19. I'm not sure how reliable Telegraph is:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...age-bill-balloons-almost-300m-second-highest/

And this from that wage thread.
While FFP use wage (increase) as guideline, I think it is only fair to use ((wage + amortisation) / revenue) as guideline. You can pay your players (+ staff) up to 80% if you don't spend money on player acquisition at all. On the other hand if you spend 300m a season on very young players then your wage ratio might be low but your balance sheet sunk. I roughly recall Utd W+A/R is 70-75%. I also recall our historical average of W/R is 50% or slightly lower. Sanchez is pushing us closed to the 50% mark.

Fridge chutney

While FFP use wage (increase) as guideline, I think it is only fair to use ((wage + amortisation) / revenue) as guideline. You can pay your players (+ staff) up to 80% if you don't spend money on player acquisition at all. On the other hand if you spend 300m a season on very young players then your wage ratio might be low but your balance sheet sunk. I roughly recall Utd W+A/R is 70-75%. I also recall our historical average of W/R is 50% or slightly lower. Sanchez is pushing us closed to the 50% mark.
Spot on. Last time I checked (last year or the year before) our wage-to-revenue ratio was the lowest in the league at 45~% or thereabouts

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Christ. Unless there's some funny business going on with Barca then they simply can't keep forking out that much on wages.

I heard Liverpool's is a high % too.
@jojojo (FYI) 2018 wages by Swiss Ramble, a pretty reliable source. Madrid wages was before the sale of Ronaldo to Juve. And ours would increase a lot this 2019, with Martial on 200k, Rashford on 150k, and DDG is seeking in parity with Sanchez. It's crazy, for a yo-yo club like United.

-----

Yeh, Barca has more debt than income. Liverpool is also crazy, though. It's almost equal 97% (income/debt) :eek::eek:

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Only on the Caf can a discussion about extending the contract of club's most promising homegrown player can turn into a tedious wage discussion.

roonster09

Scout
Only on the Caf can a discussion about extending the contract of club's most promising homegrown player can turn into a tedious wage discussion.
Yeah, especially when our wage to turnover ratio is best or second best in Europe and best in England.

We should be worried about paying any wage for players who barely play like Rojo. Replacing someone like Rashford costs way more than 150K per week including transfer fee and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.