Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’ll get an extension. Feels like a planted link. I think they were interested under Pochettino but I doubt they’ll be now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah that would be ridiculous, surely we're talking somewhere in the region of twice that amount
Not when you are more than 2 years removed from a good season and the player has a contract nearing its end.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Let’s see if he leaves this summer, otherwise he holds all the cards next year
Holds all the cards? He's not very good anymore, he's no longer a player to start for a top 4 club, which is what we want to be. We need a better player at this point, he's going to have to get used to being a backup or going to a lesser club. He's on crazy wages, way too much for a backup. He either signs back up for a big discount to sit on the bench, or he moves.

Someone

Something
Although we can't afford losing another forward, we can't possibly allow another player to walk on a free. He's also regressed over the years so it might be a good move for both him and us. Finding a replacement will be a challenge though.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
You've got to think PSG can't be daft enough to go from someone like Neymar to a Rashford.
Rash would probably thrive in that league to be fair. No United pressure might bring the best out of him..

caid

Some of you are mad with the £50m valuation. Isn't that what Sterling went for?
He has an extra year on contract and is a better age. Dont think we'll get that and i'd bite their hand off but its probably not that implausible.

spe88

12th August - United accept bid for Rashford
1st September - United bid for Aaron Lennon

I’d take this Rashford is that gash

Irwin99

Seems like an obvious ploy for a new contract
That immediately came to my mind too, although if it's being reported in French media rather than English then ...?

I believe Shaw is in the final year of his contract too (with a +1 option) so i expect more of our players being linked with moves away. Whether they happen or not is another matter

Dr. StrangeHate

Some of you are mad with the £50m valuation. Isn't that what Sterling went for?
He has got 2 years left, and his fame is Pogba level. Easily 70-80k. Get it and buy Gapko and Antony.

Leaving United will be better for him and us.

-Supreme-

Holds all the cards? He's not very good anymore, he's no longer a player to start for a top 4 club, which is what we want to be. We need a better player at this point, he's going to have to get used to being a backup or going to a lesser club. He's on crazy wages, way too much for a backup. He either signs back up for a big discount to sit on the bench, or he moves.
He certainly holds all the cards when it comes to leaving us on a free transfer, even if we receive a good offer next summer he can easily reject the move

Tiber

30m for a 24 year old forward who has proven he can play at the top level... When we ourselves are low on options up top? We'd be daft to accept that.
For the last several years he has proven he can do bugger all at the top level. No clue what happened to a once promising player

KeanoMagicHat

I like Rashford still but it’s time to encourage this and cash in. It’s too risky that he’ll stink the place up anyway and go for free next season regardless. Also for Rashford’s sake, I think he’s dragged down his football from the toxicity of the club and from living in Manchester and the pressure on his shoulders. A move could do his career a world of good.

All things considered, make it happen.

Chairman Steve

This would be good business in my opinion. He’s plateaued and regressing for us. Maybe he can resurrect it in France but who knows really. I dont think he fits ETH‘s way of playing either, and trying to squeeze a square peg in a round hole has been a theme of our recruitment and general player management over the past few years. Let’s just call it a day, get some money and get someone more suited.

Some of those half-assed performances under Ralf were scandalous.

Nickelodeon

Happy to see any of our squad members, especially Rashford, go but just don’t see this happening.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He only has 2 years left in his contract so I will cash in for sure but it doesn’t make sense that PSG are interested. They have enough attackers.

Hester_manc

This makes me so sad.

Rashford has played badly all last season - like almost the rest of the team. But we know his qualities and his talent is enormous. It is a catastrophe. Not even a player born and bred in Manchester wants to stay at the club. We are finding it more and more difficult to extend contracts with the biggest players. And we find it harder and harder to sign quality players.

Nobody with a decent quality wants to come to the club anymore.

GreatDane

At this particular moment, with the club in full panic mode, would you expect United to sign a quality replacement?
Man, I really don't know anymore to be honest. But I'm pretty sick of overpaid players that stink the place up, so I would settle for fast tracking Garnacho on the LW and throw the money at some of the midfield targets that's been thrown around, need to fix that leak as fast

nainaisson

Given that PSG is fundamentally a Qatari sportswashing operation, having Rashford as their poster boy would be brilliant for them.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We cannot sell Rashford this summer. It is still quite possible that Ronaldo will leave. That leaves us with a front 3 of Elanga, Martial and Sancho for the entire season (assuming Ronnie fecks off too).

If the club was run competently and a couple of attackers had been brought in, then it wouldn’t be a problem, but replacing both Ronaldo and Rashford 3 weeks before the transfer deadline would be impossible.