Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Congratulations Marcus. I’d love it if he got his focus back on playing next season. A settled down Rashford could be a big player.

united for life

People have gone a bit over the top with criticising his engagement picture. That’s what they wanted to do, let it be, who cares.

let’s go back to football. He has been terrible for 2 years, his level of confidence and decision making seem to have hit an all time low. I think next year will be decisive for him, it’s a make or break year for him at the club. The only concern is him running his contract down, he shouldn’t get a new deal now for sure. But thinking about it, how much would anyone be willing to pay for him now anyway

stw2022

“Nobody can disprove he hasn’t had an argument with his wife that’s affecting him emotionally so that probably explains why everyone should get off his back for having a poor first half on the season”

Post date to Jan 2023

Greck

“Nobody can disprove he hasn’t had an argument with his wife that’s affecting him emotionally so that probably explains why everyone should get off his back for having a poor first half on the season”

Post date to Jan 2023
Not only is this an embarrassingly flimsy reason to be bad at work it probably isn't even true. They already got back together months ago and his performances stayed the same.

Also most people are dealing with a combination of diseases, failing marriages, debt, dying loved ones. Martial's wife reportedly just left him. It's not supposed to turn one into a non-functioning mess or they'll have unemployment to add to that list. In any case I'm not buying it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Post date to Jan 2023
Savvy move.

Frank White

Not only is this an embarrassingly flimsy reason to be bad at work it probably isn't even true. They already got back together months ago and his performances stayed the same.

Also most people are dealing with a combination of diseases, failing marriages, debt, dying loved ones. Martial's wife reportedly just left him. It's not supposed to turn one into a non-functioning mess or they'll have unemployment to add to that list. In any case I'm not buying it.
Maybe read it again before you get your knickers in a twist.

Greck

Maybe read it again before you get your knickers in a twist.
I mean, I'm not necessarily attributing the quotes to you. I don't actually have a roster of everyone who said or believed it.

Last edited:

Frank White

I mean, I'm not necessarily attributing the quotes to you. I don't actually have a roster of everyone who said or believed it.
What? I don't think you got the tone of his post, there's nothing to believe it's a fake quote ffs.

Greck

What? I don't think you got the tone of his post, there's nothing to believe it's a fake quote ffs.
Actually have you mixed but in any case, even with the misunderstanding about the parody quote it's still having a go at the sentiment which was actually once held on here. The parody is fake, yes, thanks for establishing that, but the beliefs were once upon a time real. At least no one can say his missus issues were never used as a reason for sliding performances along with the depression. That much can still be called silly on the part of those who actually said it.

Cloud7

Post date to Jan 2023
Leaving this comment here because you are sure to see at least one person float this suggestion.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Post date to Jan 2023
:lol:

Swiss_Red89

Put the finger out, put the work in and give your all to impress the new manager. Put 100% effort in when given the chance on the pitch and as a result show your class. The United Fans will love him again, I'm sure of that. It's Marcus' decision...

stw2022

Presumably we’re imminently about to discover that sources close to the club suggest the players are ‘baffled’ that Rashford hasn’t yet received any direct assurances from ETH about his future?

Someone must have tapped the lad’s phone if the press knows whether he’s had a call from a specific person and earlier on in the year knew how much it was ringing and who was calling him. Damn tabloids.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Every time I log on to the CAF this thread is bumped to the top. The season is over and he hasn't played for weeks either.

Gurtej

Plz sell him and get some money!! He will only have one optional year left on his contract after this year …. Sell while we can else next year he will take us for a ride like Pogba did this year…

why don’t we ever learn????

he will never be good enough for a starting 11…. And 200k a week for a squad player is too much….and he also doesn’t have the character to be a squad player…. He will sulk and make others in team sulk with him

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Whats your point? We should stop talking about Rashford because it hurts your feelings?
Think his point is, from here on till the next season starts there's nothing tangible to talk about in terms of performances. It's going to be a thread for those that enjoy gossip, drama and fake tweets from "journalists". So embrace the toxicity.

gorky_utd

If he doesn't work hard then he has no place in man utd squad. Just see where vinicius jr is now. You need to be at that level to be a first team player for man utd.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Whats your point? We should stop talking about Rashford because it hurts your feelings?
What more is there to say? He's had a bad season but hasn't played for ages either. We got thumped 4-0 at Brighton without him too so it's clearly a bigger issue than just him.

I think people have gone way too far personally. The previous 4 seasons to the one just ended he's been good for us.

Roane

Some reports that Bayern keeping tabs on Marcus.

Probably B/S but here's hoping

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Here's hoping he goes as well this window. No rebuild will be complete without getting rid of Rashford.

Kaos

Here's hoping he goes as well this window. No rebuild will be complete without getting rid of Rashford.
He likely won't be going anywhere unfortunately. On the plus side, his mates have fecked off so he's got no pals left in the dressing room. Might actually scare him to kick into gear.

SAF is the GOAT

He likely won't be going anywhere unfortunately. On the plus side, his mates have fecked off so he's got no pals left in the dressing room. Might actually scare him to kick into gear.
Also won't have that negative energy in his ear

NoPace

Plz sell him and get some money!! He will only have one optional year left on his contract after this year …. Sell while we can else next year he will take us for a ride like Pogba did this year…

why don’t we ever learn????

he will never be good enough for a starting 11…. And 200k a week for a squad player is too much….and he also doesn’t have the character to be a squad player…. He will sulk and make others in team sulk with him
We have no idea if he'd fetch 25M or 45M right now.

jesperjaap

We have no idea if he'd fetch 25M or 45M right now.
As rubbish ash he has been the last year which has probabl ylost interest from some elite clubs, do you really think if Rashford was put up for sale we would only get £25m for him?

Amazes me how often we suggest fees for incoming transfers so hig often, yet potential exits it seems none of our squad are worth £30m which is a fee gets an average premiership player nowadays. Not saying he is worth £70m, personally never massively rated him...but £25m be serious

NoPace

As rubbish ash he has been the last year which has probabl ylost interest from some elite clubs, do you really think if Rashford was put up for sale we would only get £25m for him?

Amazes me how often we suggest fees for incoming transfers so hig often, yet potential exits it seems none of our squad are worth £30m which is a fee gets an average premiership player nowadays. Not saying he is worth £70m, personally never massively rated him...but £25m be serious
I honestly have no idea. It's hard to think of a footballer anywhere with a bigger range of potential fee offers. Maybe Dele Alli if this was a year ago? Basically it needs to be a young-ish player who has succeeded then failed.

He was a solid bet for 90M+ just 2 years ago and he's only 24, but he has been poor for a while. I love the guy for his community work, but yeah I think some clubs probably value him within 10-15M of the 63M it says on Transfmarket and some wouldn't want him on a free even if his wages came down 25%.

Complete wildcard at the moment. Personally, I thought Ole was gonna turn him into a Vardy/Aubameyang type getting in behind with his pace as a 9 after the first month or 2 of his tenure showed signs of it (if i'm remembering the timing right).

jesperjaap

I honestly have no idea. It's hard to think of a footballer anywhere with a bigger range of potential fee offers.

He was a solid bet for 90M+ just 2 years ago and he's only 24, but he has been poor for a while. I love the guy for his community work, but yeah I think some clubs probably value him within 10-15M of the 63M it says on Transfmarket and some wouldn't want him on a free even if his wages came down 25%.

Complete wildcard at the moment. Personally, I thought Ole was gonna turn him into a Vardy/Aubameyang type getting in behind with his pace as a 9 after the first month or 2 of his tenure showed signs of it (if i'm remembering the timing right).
One thing Ole got right fairly early on for me was ralising Rashford isnt a striker and Martial isnt a left winger, had thought that for years they should be playing in each others posittions.

Well personally I dont think he is ever a £70m player in terms of a footballer even before the last season of pitiful displays. I agree that probably a few very big clubs that had an interest hav lost it and are not interested in him at all now, but if he was put up for sale (and yes its a guess opinion) I think there are several clubs would be interested in him and we are talking about £50m.....its why personally I hope he had considered future and wanted a new challenge, I really thinnk £50m is more valuable to a rebuild than Rashford the player, he isnt for me a striker at all and we have other options for the left in SAncho, Elanga, Hannibal, Garnacho that means he is expendable to me

Status
Not open for further replies.