Marcus Rashford (Out)

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I don't understand people who'd be sad when he is sold. Especially for a solid price.

People are acting as he is irreplaceable, an amazing special player and so on. People are focusing too much on him being a United academy product and makes them biased, but in a wrong way.

Sell him when he still has value. And that goes with all of our players whom have given doubts in their performing and motivation.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I don't understand people who'd be sad when he is sold. Especially for a solid price.

People are acting as he is irreplaceable, an amazing special player and so on. People are focusing too much on him being a United academy product and makes them biased, but in a wrong way.

Sell him when he still has value. And that goes with all of our players whom have given doubts in their performing and motivation.
His value is more due to this club's inability to replace talent than due to his own ability and contribution to this team.

These are the 'wingers' the club has signed over the last decade for over 550m in transfer fees alone:

Antony
Sancho
Diallo
Pellistri
Dan James
Sanchez
Mkhitaryan
Martial
Depay
Di Maria
Mata

How many of them scored 10 goals for two seasons in a row? Or came even close to Rashford's numbers? Our next best prospects were academy products in Greenwood, and now Garnacho.

Are there no wingers in the world who could score 10 goals for two seasons in a row? Of course not. We just can't sign them, and when we do - they get ruined here. United is to wingers as Chelsea is to strikers.

Cecc

It's time to be sold. I hope the club is smart and brave enough to do it. Make an example of him and start a new era showing that no one is invincible.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
His value is more due to this club's inability to replace talent than due to his own ability and contribution to this team.

These are the 'wingers' the club has signed over the last decade for over 550m in transfer fees alone:

Antony
Sancho
Diallo
Pellistri
Dan James
Sanchez
Mkhitaryan
Martial
Depay
Di Maria
Mata

How many of them scored 10 goals for two seasons in a row? Or came even close to Rashford's numbers? Our next best prospects were academy products in Greenwood, and now Garnacho.

Are there no wingers in the world who could score 10 goals for two seasons in a row? Of course not. We just can't sign them, and when we do - they get ruined here. United is to wingers as Chelsea is to strikers.
I don't think anybody is going to argue that our transfer dealings over the last decade haven't been mostly shit (for all positions, not just wingers). That's because we've had clowns running the show.

Now we're getting new people in place, there's a clean slate and we need to back them to do better. You can't just say we've made shit signings therefore we'll always make shit signings when completely different people are coming in to make those decisions going forward.

yeaherino

His attitude is so bad, he needs to go and I wish him well, but it's time for the club and him to cut ties.

AndySmith1990

Talent wise he's among the best players we've got.
Talent wise we'll need a lot better if we're to compete with the big boys again. So that statement isn't particularly relevant. There's absolutely no one in our team who is too good to sell

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We won't be consistently good while we have players like Rashford who pick and choose when they show up. It's his job to put in the effort and be at his best regardless of how good or bad the rest of the team are
Exactly. Whats stopping him from atleast putting in a shift when the team isnt playing well? He just decides to stroll around. Thats indefensible but people will defend anything these days.

mu4c_20le

It's time to be sold. I hope the club is smart and brave enough to do it. Make an example of him and start a new era showing that no one is invincible.
Not going to happen. Financially it would be beyond stupid trying to sell him at his lowest form.

van Nistelrooy

Disappointing comments by EtH, but there is nothing else he can do, even if he had a secret desire to move Rashford on.

We deserve to remain in the football abyss for as long as we accommodate and reward such poor professionals.

At the very least he should be a permanent fixture on the bench and made to earn his place and our respect again.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

It’s not about him being irreplaceable, it’s about him being one of our own, specifically one of the very best players we’ve produced in recent times.
Right or wrong people get sentimentally attached to local lads done good.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Antony
Sancho
Diallo
Pellistri
Dan James
Sanchez
Mkhitaryan
Martial
Depay
Di Maria
Mata
Harsh on Juan. He was never a winger. Was always better in 10 position but was a top pro who was happy to do his best for the team.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Not going to happen. Financially it would be beyond stupid trying to sell him at his lowest form.
Also, if he continues the trend, he should have a good season after this one. If we really are looking to sell then next summer would be the wisest.

AFC NimbleThumb

Despite my constant criticism of Rashford, I maintain a fan of the man and genuinely want him to succeed. My problem is he's used up all goodwill for patience at 26 and can't get away with being so hot and cold both on and off the ball. Recently he's trying harder on the ball, but thats becase he knows he has eyes on him. We've seen him slip into drift mode for elongated patches way too much.

The reason I'd be fine for him to go is because I think he's either at peak or letting his peak drift by - and that peak is a good season, a bad season, a good season etc. The profit we make on him is clean since he's home grown and that can fund a lot. Just as an exercise, it can fund say, Fringpong, Todibo and probably a left back. It's a lot of money for a 26 year old who is quite inconsistent.
Sorry for the delay in response.

I don’t disagree with you in particular the bolded part. Where my issue comes from are ‘take the money & run’ crowd. Thank feck they aren’t in charge of negotiating anything other than their Sky subscription. Per Gandalf Greyhame there’s absolutely no guarantee that the club will replace him effectively.

As my post says, I think eventually we will need to replace him but the utter contempt with which people speak of the guy goes too far for me. Personally I think players like McTominay who make it look like they’re giving effort but hide behind opposition players countless times a match offend me just as much as Rashford’s perceived lack of effort.

If his sale led to the purchases you list then I can see method in the madness but if we sold Rashford for the same or less than people are touting a CB who has potential at best I think that would be bad business.

Profit is all well & good till you come to spend it then find yourself lumbered with Antony.

van Nistelrooy

What did he say? & what are his secret desires?
He said there should be no talk about Rashford's future considering we gave him a new contract and he's a part of the 'future project'.

I'm sure if he isn't publicly being undermined like Sancho did, EtH would rather have him in his squad. It's just very narrow-minded. Yet, I'm sure the club would never let Rashford go when he is the homegrown poster boy.

AFC NimbleThumb

If he was at city he’d be sold. Sad to see that they are ran so much better than us
The current Marcus Rashford wouldn’t be at City though. They can afford to sell players like Coke Palmer to league rivals, I’m not sure how people don’t see how silly it is to use the outlier as some standard.

Rashford was a very talented youngsters whose fame was indulged & Id argue he was under coached. Play out Caf Fave, Sakas career at United instead of the currrent Arsenal set up & people would be wanted him sold too.

City aren’t just ran better in the transfer department but more importantly the player development market. You could replace Rashford with 10s of Premier League starters in your post, it’s missing the point entirely.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Talent wise we'll need a lot better if we're to compete with the big boys again. So that statement isn't particularly relevant. There's absolutely no one in our team who is too good to sell
In a top United side he'd be the equivalent of Nani ie a player with decent talent who can do ample damage when on form but who occasionally can't be bothered to put a shift in. SAF would use him as a squad player up until something better comes along, he starts causing problems off/on the pitch or he demands a silly salary. My concern with Rashford is not down to talent. Rashford is good enough for Manchester United. My concern is down to attitude. He's a senior player with the salary to boot and his attitude is simply not good enough. Considered those three (salary, attitude and status) then he either performs and acts as a leader week in week out or he becomes a concern.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
His attitude is absolutely disgusting, sell him if PSG are mad enough to pay that money.

Jordi Cruyff 99

In a top United side he'd be the equivalent of Nani ie a player with decent talent who can do ample damage when on form but who occasionally can't be bothered to put a shift in. SAF would use him as a squad player up until something better comes along, he starts causing problems off/on the pitch or he demands a silly salary. My concern with Rashford is not down to talent. Rashford is good enough for Manchester United. My concern is down to attitude. He's a senior player with the salary to boot and his attitude is simply not good enough. Considered those three (salary, attitude and status) then he either performs and acts as a leader week in week out or he becomes a concern.
Rashford is nowhere near good enough for Man Utd. What planet are you on?

devilish

Rashford is nowhere near good enough for Man Utd. What planet are you on?
Talent wise he's good enough to be a decent player. However when one takes in account his attitude off and on the pitch and the financial package he's on then I have my serious concerns about it. A senior player on 300k a week must do more then the occasional good goal in the middle of half arsed performances were he mainly jog on the pitch. That's not good enough

It’ll probably be closer to what someone like Sterling went for given they had similar wages. Sterling never had seasons where he decided to not bother working either. Rashford at his best is better than Sterling. In an average game sterling was more useful though and City had absolutely no problem letting him or Sane go.
Well they did, they fought against Bayern for over a year over Sane before giving up on him.

They kept Sterling for 7 years, then sold him when they brought a guaranteed goalscorer in Haaland, knowing that Haaland would easily replace his goals and having Grealish, Bernado & Foden, all better players than him.

When United get a 30 PL goal a season striker, winger options like City’s, and a team that dominates in 90% of it’s games, we would likely not have a problem selling anyone.

Right now though, Rashford’s most often our biggest goals threat and by far our biggest game player.

Stop pretending we have anything like the luxury of City’s squad to just discard players man :lol:

When you say "one of the better ones", what do you mean exactly?
Probably the only one capable of having such a ridiculous record against the top 6?
Probably the only one currently capable of putting up the numbers he did last season from a wide position.

He’s clearly one of our better players, but he’s clearly one that gets his form extremely affected by the form of the collective. If they are shite, he’s likely shite, if they are in form, he’s likely in form.

marktan

I'd love a Nani like player in this side. He was inconsistent but he was a much more natural player.

Rashford gets the occasional goal but he gave the ball away around 8 times in the first half vs Liverpool through unsuccessful dribbles and bad passes. That's more his true level - where he doesn't look natural at all out wide.

Given that we now have lots of options for the right (Garnacho, Diallo, Antony, possibly Greenwood), I think LW should become a major priority for us. Even at Liverpool they're struggling with Diaz's poor output - who is a superior player to Rashford. We need to be aiming for someone Mane like, or at least someone who's technically a lot more sound than Rashford is.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'd love a Nani like player in this side. He was inconsistent but he was a much more natural player.

Rashford gets the occasional goal but he gave the ball away around 8 times in the first half vs Liverpool through unsuccessful dribbles and bad passes. That's more his true level - where he doesn't look natural at all out wide.

Given that we now have lots of options for the right (Garnacho, Diallo, Antony, possibly Greenwood), I think LW should become a major priority for us. Even at Liverpool they're struggling with Diaz's poor output - who is a superior player to Rashford. We need to be aiming for someone Mane like, or at least someone who's technically a lot more sound than Rashford is.
Nah, sorry, I'm not Rashford's biggest fan, but there is no world where Diaz is a better player than Rashford.

AFC NimbleThumb

The Nani slander from his own fanbase is unbelievable.

Nani’s biggest failure was not being as good as feck Cristiano Ronaldo, guy was a serious serious footballer.

I love Rashford. If he was as good as Nani he’d be better than Caf favourite Saka that’s for sure.

This fanbase was spoilt.

devilish

The Nani slander from his own fanbase is unbelievable.

Nani’s biggest failure was not being as good as feck Cristiano Ronaldo, guy was a serious serious footballer.

I love Rashford. If he was as good as Nani he’d be better than Caf favourite Saka that’s for sure.

This fanbase was spoilt.
Nani's biggest failure was not bothering to chase the ball, something rashford does now. Both had/have decent talent but had questionable attitude especially in terms of putting a shift in. That's fair enough as not everyone can be a Park, a Keane or a Gattuso. However that needs to be taken in account in terms of salary something we did with Nani but not with Rashford

Jordi Cruyff 99

Talent wise he's good enough to be a decent player. However when one takes in account his attitude off and on the pitch and the financial package he's on then I have my serious concerns about it. A senior player on 300k a week must do more then the occasional good goal in the middle of half arsed performances were he mainly jog on the pitch. That's not good enough
Yes, talented enough to be decent but not great, and that’s what Man Utd needs. Great players who will fight tooth and nail for every ball.
Good enough for PSG who challenge for the CL every year, but not United?
Poor argument. Man Utd has signed lots of players over the years, including at the height of its success, and the players were not good enough. Just because a club has shown interest in a player doesn’t mean that the player will bear fruit.

devilish

I was referring to Rashford 's role with united if he played under SAF IE he would be treated (and paid) as a Nani. My issues with Rashford is not particularly down on talent but more about his salary. Someone on 300k a week must be consistent