Mark Clattenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laphroaig

The winning goal was offside but that is down the linesman, Ivanovic was a certain red and the Torres booking could have went either way but he should of been sent off in the first have anyway.
Spot on. And after 3-2 (or Torres, I don't remember) Clatz went berzerk and gave every silly little decision to Chelsea. He had a poor game. We got one big decision, they got lots of small ones. And they can't complain about Torres.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
The timing of it, in the aftermath of the "robbery" by the ref, just stinks.
But who knows, maybe Clattenburg was a naughty boy...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Torres was fouled but the way he went down made it look like a dive, he exaggerated the whole thing by a hundred. I know players do that all the time but it doesn't necessarily make it right and it did look like an obvious dive from Clattenburg's point of view.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Do people seriously think he was poor today though? It's mostly because of that Torres sending off. The goal wasn't on him and like they showed in Sky when they froze the picture, he was half yard offside, coming out when the defense was going towards the goal and both Cech and Cahill were blocking the view. I'm not surprised at all that the goal stood and wouldn't be had the same thing gone against us either.

The Torres sending off was harsh. He should have gone off before, in the first half, but I applaud the direction the refs seem to be going and booking players that are going down when they've got the ball and should just keep on. And also in fairness to Mr. Clattenburg, from his POV it certainly looks like a dive. Didn't from the TV view but from the back it does. But I'm sure most people don't see it that way.

Art

Art the artist
Apparently Chelsea have lodged a complaint against him for alleged comments from him.

Brophs

The One and Only
All he has to say is that he was saying "Oi, Eden, are you saying I called you a Belgian cnut?"

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They've lodged a complaint for him using 'inappropriate language'.

If this ends up being that he swore at them, or something equally as pathetic, then I hope he gets to ref them again soon and send off every player who swears at him, the game would be abandoned after 10 minutes.

wr8_utd

:'(
Ramirez has no right complaining about anything. How many fouls did he get away with?!

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Because I think inappropriate is simply the initial wording before this becomes the next race issue and the ref booked Mikel for verbals and was at it with him on several occasions.
Yeah that does seem to be the suggestion on the Interweb. We'll have to wait and see.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Actually it wasn't great perfomance even from our stands
I agree, first half he gave Chelsea far too many soft free kicks which ultimately helped them and put us on the back foot

Brophs

The One and Only
Apart from shit-stirrers on the internet, there is no reason to believe that it's related to racist comments.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Someone sent a tweet to Gray Neville about The telegraph saying its race related? It still could all still be bollocks of course .

Count Orduck

Why the hell would the referee racially abuse them? We really need to hear more here, 'cos that's mental if true.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
SSN had Shreeves on the top of the hour speaking from Stamford Bridge as the story was breaking - he said that some Chelsea fans had told him the referee had used racial language to two Chelsea players; Chelsea wouldn't confirm/deny when he asked them about it, but later they released a statement about the allegations. Shreeves says the two Chelsea players are black, but couldn't confirm the race element.

Devil may care

Think you're jumpin the gun. Theres nothing at the minute to suggest there was anything racist about it
In a game where players can clearly be seen to tell the ref to feck off and other pleasantries every week I can't see Chelsea players complaining that he called them a cnut or some other name, hopefully I am wrong.

Ludens the Red

SSN had Shreeves on the top of the hour speaking from Stamford Bridge as the story was breaking - he said that some Chelsea fans had told him the referee had used racial language to two Chelsea players; Chelsea wouldn't confirm/deny when he asked them about it, but later they released a statement about the allegations. Shreeves says the two Chelsea players are black, but couldn't confirm the race element.
That's ironic. Didn't seem to have a problem with Terry doing it to Anton Ferdinand. In fact wasn't it all Anton's fault? and Rio's judging by the boos today?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If its come from the fans and not the players, then it's bullshit. Probably looking to do him over after that Torres red card.

Brophs

The One and Only
In a game where players can clearly be seen to tell the ref to feck off and other pleasantries every week I can't see Chelsea players complaining that he called them a cnut or some other name, hopefully I am wrong.
You don't even know if they have complained about there being a racial element. It's just speculation based on speculation.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah, the same way you would never hear fans who call players c*nts all game would never complain when a player does the same back

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
He told Ivanovic to "Get off the pitch". Little did he know that General Getovdapic was a Serbian war criminal, a comparison which deeply offended the Chelsea player.

Status
Not open for further replies.