Mark Clattenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Gotta be the most biased ref in the whole feckin league, though that piece of shit Bennet runs him close.

I hate this man, imagine what he'll be like when the hair really does go...

Discuss, and i mean cuss, RUDEBOYZ

Gazza

He always looks like he's trying to look cool or be everyone's mate, afraid to be unpopular with Stevie G and the like. He had a shocker in the 2nd half today.

Gazza

Graham Poll syndrome :lol: Spot on. You can tell when every foul he has to call the player over and have a chat, usually sharing a laugh and joke as well.

O'Neill was going loopy at him on the touchline.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
AND, his bald spot at top of his head is getting bigger and bigger.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Stop talking shite. Clattenburg had a good match. Was consistent with his bookings and made few errors.
I would like to see him give less talk back to the players. Those stupid expressions he pulls are unecessary.

Wes

Stop talking shite. Clattenburg had a good match. Was consistent with his bookings and made few errors.
I would like to see him give less talk back to the players. Those stupid expressions he pulls are unecessary.
its more the fact that he was in Liverpools favour for the whole game, other than that i agree with you. You seem extremely observant. You should see about getting on the police force, or at the very least some sort of neighbour hood watch programme. You've got a gift man, thats all i'm saying.

Younited.7

united.7
"I am a man with simple tastes - I am always
All of his body actions point to a complete inferiority complex.

How can you command the respect of 22 (mostly) egotistically charged footballers?

Howard Webb, despite not being infallible, commands respect.

Luigi Collina, despite not being infallible, had some scary fecking goggle eyes.

Count Duckula

All of his body actions point to a complete inferiority complex.

How can you command the respect of 22 (mostly) egotistically charged footballers?

Howard Webb, despite not being infallible, commands respect.

Luigi Collina, despite not being infallible, had some scary fecking goggle eyes.
Luigi Collina was probably the best referee I've ever seen. He read the game well, but a lot of referees can do that. Where he stood out was he looked like a fecking mentalist and didn't take any shit. I remember once when a player was giving him lip and he just screamed at them. They looked like they'd shat themselves.

I'd be a fecking brilliant ref. Obviously you couldn't put me in charge of any United matches but I could do all the others. If a player starting giving me stick then they'd get a yellow, no question. They'd soon learn.

The problem comes when refs do try and get tough on abuse but the FA don't support them, and often punish them instead.

Alex

Whoever talked about them being the players friends is spot, football is a sport that allows imo, in other sports you get a foul or a penalty, but there seems to be nothing for the constant mouthing off in the EPL, I just think its a problem with the refs though, grow some balls and show red

Justin

Always had the opinion he's a useless. Just can't stand his unofficial title of 'the best young English ref'

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
At first I thouht it was a bad decision but the more I think about it, players have no business raising their hands on another on a football pitch.

Say Goodbye

Don't listen to the haters Mark, outstanding performance today! Made some very difficult, but well thought out decisions. Best referee in the league.

Duu, du du duu. Duu du duu du du...

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's going to get slated but I think that's pretty harsh. It was quite hostile. He got the first sending off right I think. The second? Well, that's debateable but we could argue Torres should have got sent off for his first booking. The offside winner? That's the linesman's Job. I think he did well enough. It certainly wasn't easy.

stubie

What did Fergie say about Clattenburg after we lost to Bolton in 2007?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Thanks Mark, great performance.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Actually it wasn't great perfomance even from our stands, if he gave Torres red card for that tackle, we would have won this game much easily.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Good decision by Fergie to rest Howard for this one, Mark came through big time.

That loss couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch!

Widnes

The winning goal was offside but that is down the linesman, Ivanovic was a certain red and the Torres booking could have went either way but he should of been sent off in the first have anyway.

Say Goodbye

He's going to get slated but I think that's pretty harsh. It was quite hostile. He got the first sending off right I think. The second? Well, that's debateable but we could argue Torres should have got sent off for his first booking. The offside winner? That's the linesman's Job. I think he did well enough. It certainly wasn't easy.
In all fairness, the calls weren't THAT bad. They were all fairly close, but just happened to fall right for us on the day. Agreed, Torres first foul was horrendous, he was always on shaky ground after that!

Dyslexic Untied

Isn't there some rule that says that there has to be a player between the player in offside and the goal (which will usually be the goalkeeper)?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Webb is living on past glories, I can't remember the last time he put in a performance like Clattenburg did today.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Henry Winter:

#cfc lodge complaint with PL match delegate over "inappropriate language" allegedly used by Clattenburg to two Chelsea players
Brilliant :lol:.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Probably along the lines of:

"Look, will you just get off the fecking pitch? It's a red card."
What I find hilarious is players get away with blue murder talking to refs but it can't be the other way, oh no. If Clattenburg told 'em to feck off, then fair fecks to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.