Mark Clattenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
He only really made one bad call, which was the Torres one. His lino let him down on the offside.

Guy Incognito

Chelsea accuse a referee of being racist? The ironing is delicious.

If it's solely a complaint about swearing, then why hasn't anyone done anything about Phil Dowd? He gets away with cursing all the time.

Crustanoid

Chelsea have been due something like this happening to them for a long time....years in fact. Its like their karma has built up for years and is now hitting them

Drainy

We'll have to see what the allegation is, and whether or not there is any evidence.

A referee racially abusing players, would be stunning if it is true. I just hope they get the investigation going immediately.

Baxter

From my understanding he was merely sarcastically repeating what Mikel said to him.

acrebo

If this is a 'revenge' ploy by supporters then it's bloody disgusting. It all feels too much like it to be honest.

We have established that it's okay for an entire stadium to boo and taunt a black player because he happens to be related to another black player that was abused by one of their own though, isn't it? Because nobody was actually heard to say "black" that makes it okay...

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
If this is a 'revenge' ploy by supporters then it's bloody disgusting. It all feels too much like it to be honest.

We have established that it's okay for an entire stadium to boo and taunt a black player because he happens to be related to another black player that was abused by one of their own though, isn't it? Because nobody was actually heard to say "black" that makes it okay...
What are you on about? Its the club that have made the complaint

Aporkalypse

Clattenburg was miked up throughout the game and he could be heard by his assistants and the fourth official. Their conversations would not have been recorded but they could, in theory, be in a position to assist any inquiry.
Should be sorted pretty quickly, although I'm sure if those three separate individuals say he did no such thing it will just become a bigger conspiracy.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I can't decide what's more implausably stupid.

The idea that a referee would racially abuse a player, or the idea of a club moronically accusing them of doing so out of spite when all the officials are hooked up with microphones.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

The idea that a referee would racially abuse a player, or the idea of a club moronically accusing them of doing so out of spite when all the officials are hooked up with microphones.
Or the fact that Chelsea stood behind their player - and kept him as captain - when he was found guilty of racist slurs and now complain about a referee allegedly doing the same thing.

Brophs

The One and Only
Some Chelsea fans are already saying that he should never be allowed to referee again if found guilty.

One rule and all that...

Siorac

A bit far fetched do you not think? You think they'd try to destroy a referees reputation and livelihood in revenge for a perceived injustice to John Terry?
More like in revenge for two red cards and an offside goal.

Drainy

What I've heard is that the mic conversations aren't recorded and the incident took place in the tunnel after the game. So unlikely to be caught on camera.

Both sound implausible, complete speculation but it could be the case that he said something aggressively that he didn't even think could be seen as racist to them when they approached him after the game- both took offense to his aggression and Mikel read into what was said or misheard.

Who knows though, got to wait for more details and evidence, if there is any.

acrebo

A bit far fetched do you not think? You think they'd try to destroy a referees reputation and livelihood in revenge for a perceived injustice to John Terry?
Yes, incredibly. About as far-fetched as the thought that a referee would racially abuse a player during a top flight match.

Nothing in football surprises me anymore. It's a pathetic pantomime to be quite honest, with Chelsea centre-stage.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
So, what happens if it turns out to be a false accusation? If Chelsea just use the accusation to get back at him, they should face serious punishment.

Guy Incognito

So, what happens if it turns out to be a false accusation? If Chelsea just use the accusation to get back at him, they should face serious punishment.
Well if it's false, they are bringing the game into disrepute. I would expect a fine, though it's just pittance for Roman. Be like a hour's income.

Drainy

Ok, now the Daily Mail are reporting that he allegedly called Mata a "spanish twat", and he used a racial slur on the 76th minute against Mikel while booking him. Mikel supposedly confronted him after the game.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ok, now the Daily Mail are reporting that he allegedly called Mata a "spanish twat", and he used a racial slur on the 76th minute against Mikel while booking him. Mikel supposedly confronted him after the game.
So is the Mata 'allegation' different to a racial slur on Mikel? I suppose he could argue that Mata resembles a Spanish twat

Status
Not open for further replies.