Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He isn't a 'muppet', that's all absolute bollocks.

He's been playing for Bologna and scored two less goals last season than a striker who West Ham paid £30million for in a team that isn't as prolific in the league as Sassuolo. That'll get brushed over by the masses in here because it doesn't fit with their seething agendas.

He's a good player, the reason people on here can't see that is because they want the very best all the time, that ain't going to happen.
It's not about improving our starting eleven, that's actually decent enough up top, it's about improving the depth, unless you feel Garnacho and a wantaway Ronaldo is good enough support for Martial?
Look at the age difference between the 2 players you're talking and you will understand why one cost that much more. West Ham bought him for his performances but also for the hope he might be even better.
Arnautovic has zero room for improvement and will retire before Scamacca hits his prime.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ok, so Falcao was a disaster, Zlatan made sense, Cavani was okay for a little while, Ighalo was brought as an emergency back-up, Ronaldo is Ronaldo, but Arnautovic??? That's what our board can come up with at this stage? Who's next Emile Heskey?

Eddy_JukeZ

Honestly if we somehow signed him, just forget about the next 1-2 seasons.

I think it's that bad of a move.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Mate y'all better off looking at Adebayo from Luton. Young, tall, strong target man that has some silky skills and can hold the ball up and get past players. Has a great attitude to boot.

Only half joking but honestly, I wouldn't want Luton to swap him for Arnauobitch that's for sure :lol:

Danish Wizard

I honestly don't know what to say, if United actually sign this guy. I have never seen him as being good enough for a team like United. What a fall from the top this is.

Castia

Just what we need a 5th choice striker…

We should be improving on Rashford/Martial not buying a backup.

We’ve had 10 years of shite yet this for the first time almost admits how far we have fallen.

E-mal

My God! What in the hell are we bring in him to do?
At this point the manager, Sport Director and CEO are all taking the piss.
We had a three month advance to target players, I'm fecking beyond mortified that this is happening.
We won't finish top 10 with how things are shaping up.

dinostar77

It might be a numbers game Sesko according to the papers Utd are still working on. Arnaotivc is someone he has worked with before. Can hold up the ball. For a outlay of €8mil its cheap. Besides he probably has a budget hes working with. Also arnaotivc has off the firld characteristics that will help with the dressing room.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It might be a numbers game Sesko according to the papers Utd are still working on. Arnaotivc is someone he has worked with before. Can hold up the ball. For a outlay of €8mil its cheap. Besides he probably has a budget hes working with. Also arnaotivc has off the firld characteristics that will help with the dressing room.
Like being a racist with an unjustified overinflated ego?

Castia

I think Sesko is staying until next summer

NK86

The talk of him being a good person to have in the dressing room is really boggling my mind. Blokes a racist prick.
Who said he'd be a "good person" for the dressing room? :lol:

Gazautd18

I can hear it now.
"This is what it means to be small!
You sign Arnautovic we sign Erling Halaaaand!"

slored1

This club is absolutely pathetic. Last year at this point we got in "Champions League Varane", one of the best CBs in the past decade (who got benched for a midget yesterday) and now we're scrambling around for a 33-year old racist twat.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
This club is absolutely pathetic. Last year at this point we got in "Champions League Varane", one of the best CBs in the past decade (who got benched for a midget yesterday) and now we're scrambling around for a 33-year old racist twat.
Not denying the racist twat part, but I think the Champions League Varane comparison is a bit unfortunate, he didn't exactly set the world alight

Mainoldo

In theory, the club should have oversight on recruitment. Just as the manager should have a veto. That way you ensure the worst mistakes are avoided.

But this summer I have no issue with the manager having particularly heavy say in recruitment, as the club itself seemed to to recognise that its own recruitment set-up wasn't up to scratch when it shed its two chief scouts as part of an overhaul just weeks before the transfer window opened. So, fine. It reflects terribly on the club, but different rules apply for this transfer window.

The issue I have with the Arnautovic signing isn't that it's an ETH-driven target. It's that I don't believe it could be anything other than a signing right from the very bottom of the list of ETH-driven targets. A signing you only resort to in an emergency situation where the club has failed to secure multiple better options in that position the manager wanted.

In other words it's almost exactly the same thing Van Gaal (and others) complained about. We signed players, we were told they were his choices, then he later pointed out they were his choices after the club failed to secure all the players he wanted more.

ETH wanting Arnautovic once he's put in a situation where its Arnautovic or nothing isn't really the same as him wanting Arnautovic. And to your Conte comparison, I don't think any of Bissouma, Richarlison, Perisic or Lenglet were as far down on his list of options as Arnautovic is for ETH. They actually secured his higher priority targets to a degree we've failed to.
Well that again all depends. I can’t pretend I didn’t see the club say they wanted to sign De Jong over everyone else first and then have to change their strategy. Yes he might be low priority but I’m pretty sure the alternative to Nunez was Richarlison. We allowed that to pass us by due to ETH other preferred options. Which was a club telling us Antony is going to cost north of £60m.

Now the structure I agree with you. But I also believe that the scouts have been used as fall guys for the incompetence ahead of them. We’ve all seen reports of Ruben Diaz but the club preferring Harry Maguire… Now considering this was the same club that said there intelligent football people had told Jose they don’t see Maguire as an improvement on their current CB. I find it hard to believe that Maguire wasn’t a managers choice.

The same goes for Bruno Fernandes although I do believe Ole’s preferred target was James Maddison.

LVG. Well let’s be honest he wanted Muller and Hummels. Whilst vetoed Toni Kroos due to personal issues.

I mentioned Conte as I assume buying Vicktor Moses and Ashley Young wouldn’t have gone down well here.

ETH needs this striker to fit a style he wants to play and for a requirement he needs. I personally believe there must be better options to do this but if the signing means we can spend some decent money on a winger and RB. So be it.

Telsim

If this transfer does indeed happen everyone involved should be sacked on the spot.

::sonny::

We can only sign players who played in holland (like athletic bilbao with the basque) familiar with mclaren and ten hag, this is mental, pure amateur level

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’ve been cynical with most of these links during this window. I will remain consistent. Irregardless of what BBC says, I don’t feel we’ve made a bid.

It just doesn’t make any sense.

Mainoldo

I’ve been cynical with most of these links during this window. I will remain consistent. Irregardless of what BBC says, I don’t feel we’ve made a bid.

Bro we made a bid and will probably get him. If it makes you feel better.. he’s just added depth to the squad.

Judas

Open to offers

I've been cynical with a lot of the links, because of no good sources, sadly not the case with this one. It's horribly real.

I just hope the huge media and social media backlash is enough to end the deal.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I've been cynical with a lot of the links, because of no good sources, sadly not the case with this one. It's horribly real.

I just hope the huge media and social media backlash is enough to end the deal.
Serious questions still need to asked about whoever came up with the idea

3 yrs contract till the age of 37

He already struggle with injuries, didn’t play a single game during the preseason

Zoo

Forget all the spiel about transition, staff and structure overhaul this is a damning indictment of Murtough that he can’t source a striker with qualities that Ten Hag is after.

Judas

Open to offers
Forget all the spiel about transition, staff and structure overhaul this is a damning indictment of Murtough that he can’t source a striker with qualities that Ten Hag is after.
That or making the exact same mistake of just following what the managers want to a ridiculous degree and ignoring the clubs own targets. Again the structure looks bafflingly amateur.

IncyWincySpider

This transfer is definitely happening. I've heard we deliberately kept the number 88 shirt free for him.

Highfather_24

This is why you would rather have Rangnick or any other competent DOF, rather than Murtough. Why would you put him in charge of recruitment and team building when he has zero experience with it for one of our most important rebuild jobs, is beyond me. Watch people defend it too.

Hester_manc

i'm not panicking about Arnautovic as i assume it's a short term plan so United can get Anthony next summer. And Arnautovic will probably score more goals than Rashford, Sancho or Martial.

But still, I had hoped for greater ambitions when United have had all summer to get a striker to the club:

Man City - Haaland
Liverpool - Nunez
Chelsea - Sterling
Arsenal - Jesus

Man Utd - Arnautovic. :confused:

Kopral Jono

:lol:

While I actually do see the merit of signing Arnautovic on a short-term deal, I can't imagine him being high on Ten Hag's list of priority signings. And for this reason alone: feck this club.

Teja

:lol:

While I actually do see the merit of signing Arnautovic on a short-term deal, I can't imagine him being high on Ten Hag's list of priority signings. And for this reason alone: feck this club.
There's really no merit to it. I'd rather just let Rashford or Eriksen or Bruno whoever play there if it comes to it.

Sign some general purpose attackers for depth like Ziyech.

FFS they were against signing Ziyech because apparently he's not the right age profile and they want to give a 3yr contract to Arnautovic.

Why would you put him in charge of recruitment and team building when he has zero experience with it
Questions that will always remain without answers

Like becoming the Ceo of Boeing but your only experience is as a barman in a pub.

Brophs

The One and Only
Get Arnautović in as a short term signing and then BAM! at the end of his 3 year deal we can sign 34 year old Alexander Lacazette.

#The #Process