Marko Arnautovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Arnautovic is a far better player than some fans on here think he is.

Was impressed with him at Werder Bremen and was highly surprised to see him at Stoke thereafter.
The main reason, in my opinion, that Stoke got relegated is because they lost Arnautovic.

I don't get the love for Martial in this thread also. What's he done all season?
Arnautovic is a better player.

No chance.

If Martial was getting 40 games a season at West Ham or Stoke he'd look a million times better than Arnautovic who apart from a good patch at West Ham has hardly set the world on fire.

In a market where Wilfred Zaha is priced at £50m and Mahrez £70m Stoke sold Arnautovic for £25m which tells you his level.

Nowhere near good enough and a complete fecking muppet to boot, if we sign him ill be pissed off.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Seeing as we're sticking with José he's the type of forward I'd look at getting to either partner Lukaku in some games or use up front with Lukaku moving to the right. Seeing as he's 30 and has never really impressed, I would opt for a similar player who's got a higher ceiling like Willian Jose of Sociedad, Maxi Gomez of Celta Vigo, Mandzukic, Kramaric, etc.

Smokescreen for Golovin!
:drool: Wanted him since our 1st game against CSKA Moscow last year. Looked great against us and Arsenal.

Acole9

Outstanding
Our fans to have a meltdown in 3..2..1. Oh wait they already have.

James Peril

Asking the board to buy dross like Arnautovic, well... that could be the kind of thing that makes them look at each other and start asking questions. Arnautovic is the kind of player I would expect Liverpool to buy during their Moneyball-era.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:drool: Wanted him since our 1st game against CSKA Moscow last year. Looked great against us and Arsenal.
Yeah, thought he looked very handy against Arsenal. Very much doubt we’re in for him mind you. Stranger things have happened though!

ColvaleGoa

You know, we have a manager who signed Steve Sidwell, Khalid Boulharouz, Falcao even though he was crap for us, among other wonderful signings, Why should we be surprised?:rolleyes:

In the meantime Liverpool will be lining up with:

Fabinho- Keita- Fekir
Mane-Firminho-Salah

It all might be nothing,, but with our kind of financial backing we shouldn't even be looking at someone like Arnautovic .

Sterling Archer

You know, we have a manager who signed Steve Sidwell, Khalid Boulharouz, Falcao even though he was crap for us, among other wonderful signings, Why should we be surprised?:rolleyes:

In the meantime Liverpool will be lining up with:

Fabinho- Keita- Fekir
Mane-Firminho-Salah
Even if we signed Arnautovic, based off other rumors we will be lining up with:

Fred-Matic-Pogba
Bale-Lukaku-Sanchez

Soooo, why so concerned? Just replace the Fellaini scapegoat routine with this guy and it’s business as normal

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
He is the sort of signing we would have laughed at the scousers for making a few years ago.

Hope we stay well away.
Yep.

Let’s not get another Fellaini please. Just such a mentality to rely/sub in a guy late to hoof him the ball makes me sick. I don’t want to see such tactics again.

Wayne's World

So we replace a player who everyone hates in Fellaini in another player who we will all hate If we indeed buy him in Arnautovic...

#FootballHeritage

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He is the sort of signing we would have laughed at the scousers for making a few years ago.

Hope we stay well away.
First thing that came to my head too. It's a mirror of 99% of crappy signings big PL teams have made from lower clubs in the last 7/8 years. No thanks.

Pav1878

I doubt we are in for arnautovic. Mourinho is probably watching Golovin if he's playing for Russia that is.

Golovin looks a very tidy, energetic player who has some defensive nous and a bit of edge to him. Exactly what we need.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
I doubt we are in for arnautovic. Mourinho is probably watching Golovin if he's playing for Russia that is.

Golovin looks a very tidy, energetic player who has some defensive nous and a bit of edge to him. Exactly what we need.
This.

José and the scouts have seen enough of Arnau first hand in England. No need to watch an international game to get a grasp of the type of player he is or find out any new revelations.

Golovin on the other hand...

;)

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Hope we stay well away.
Same here. He's not worth the hassle and he's certainly not worth anywhere near £50M, I would rather see us go after Mandzukic if we really want a back up striker. But to dismiss Arnautovic as shit is wrong in my opinion. He's actually a good player.

Josep Dowling

Honestly if we buy this guy for anything over £25m I think I’ll have a meltdown.

Fred for £50m, a right back with 7 first team appearances for £20m and Arny for £50m (I doubt that price though). Potentially £120m spent on players who arguably don’t improve the first team. Fred maybe but then it all depends on the formation Jose goes with next season.

Considering we were huffing and puffing about Perisic for less money than him I can’t see how we would pay that much. But our record of late with wasting money can we really be surprised anymore.

Ban

Honestly if we buy this guy for anything over £25m I think I’ll have a meltdown.

Fred for £50m, a right back with 7 first team appearances for £20m and Arny for £50m (I doubt that price though). Potentially £120m spent on players who arguably don’t improve the first team. Fred maybe but then it all depends on the formation Jose goes with next season.

Considering we were huffing and puffing about Perisic for less money than him I can’t see how we would pay that much. But our record of late with wasting money can we really be surprised anymore.
7 first team appearances, so what? You're heard of youth prospects?

Josep Dowling

7 first team appearances, so what? You're heard of youth prospects?
I have but this squad needs improvement for this season coming not in 4 years. But come on a RB with 7 first team appearances for £20m. City got one of the best prospects in the world for less than £30m in Gabriel Jesus. That was just 18 months ago.

Ban

I have but this squad needs improvement for this season coming not in 4 years. But come on a RB with 7 first team appearances for £20m. City got one of the best prospects in the world for less than £30m in Gabriel Jesus. That was just 18 months ago.
How much would you give for him?
I dont really get it when we dont buy youth prospects it's we need players to improve us this season, when we buy older players its why dont we buy young upcoming players. I mean we can do both. As for money until it's that price or some other it's pretty pointless to talk about it.

Josep Dowling

How much would you give for him?
I dont really get it when we dont buy youth prospects it's we need players to improve us this season, when we buy older players its why dont we buy young upcoming players. I mean we can do both. As for money until it's that price or some other it's pretty pointless to talk about it.
Yes I agree. However I don’t think we get the balance right. We either go for 18-19 years old with no experience or prime players in their late 20s. Why can’t we get players with a couple of seasons at another club, that have already proved they are good enough? In the 20-25 year old bracket. This is what we use to do and this is what City are doing right now.

Our budget is probably £150m-£200m again this summer. To spend 10% of that money on a prospect when we haven’t got anyone in yet seems odd to me.

Ban

Yes I agree. However I don’t think we get the balance right. We either go for 18-19 years old with no experience or prime players in their late 20s. Why can’t we get players with a couple of seasons at another club, that have already proved they are good enough? In the 20-25 year old bracket. This is what we use to do and this is what City are doing right now.

Our budget is probably £150m-£200m again this summer. To spend 10% of that money on a prospect when we haven’t got anyone in yet seems odd to me.
Arent Pogba and Lukaku in that bracket for example?
And that obsession with what City is doing (you're not the only one) is strange. They mix it too, some prospects like Sane, some in the 20-25 bracket like KDB..

SirAF

Ageist

Don’t worry, United aren’t paying 50m for a backup striker. I’m 100% certain that rumour is bollocks.

Josep Dowling

Arent Pogba and Lukaku in that bracket for example?
And that obsession with what City is doing (you're not the only one) is strange. They mix it too, some prospects like Sane, some in the 20-25 bracket like KDB..
Of the youngsters they have bought recently. Sané, Jesus, Sterling. All of them had a full season at their retrospective clubs before City signed them and it was well known of their talents. They have also signed Stones, Mendy, Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Ederson all under 25 last season, with Walker being 27.

Pogba and Lukaku are in the right bracket of player and age we should be looking at.

Ban

Of the youngsters they have bought recently. Sané, Jesus, Sterling. All of them had a full season at their retrospective clubs before City signed them and it was well known of their talents. They have also signed Stones, Mendy, Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Ederson all under 25 last season, with Walker being 27.

Pogba and Lukaku are in the right bracket of player and age we should be looking at.
All I'm saying is we have a mix of experienced and younger players too. And sometime you unearth a potential with just a few starts for a first team whose price then rises 10x.

Josep Dowling

All I'm saying is we have a mix of experienced and younger players too. And sometime you unearth a potential with just a few starts for a first team whose price then rises 10x.
Thats fair. I’m sure he must be good if we are willing to pay that price. I just want first 11 improvements next season. I know theyre only rumours at the moment but the transfer gossip is getting a bit depressing.

City don’t need anyone and strongly linked with Jorginho and Mahrez. Both would slot straight into our first 11 and at a price that seems odd we don’t even try for either.

Liverpool have already got Fabinho, sounds like they will getting Fekir as well. I wanted both players here. Then with the disaster Karius had they will be trying to strengthen their one major weakness.

Chelsea look favourite for Lewandoski, arguably the best CF in world football.

And who are we linked with exactly? I hope you can see my frustration.

Ban

Thats fair. I’m sure he must be good if we are willing to pay that price. I just want first 11 improvements next season. I know theyre only rumours at the moment but the transfer gossip is getting a bit depressing.

City don’t need anyone and strongly linked with Jorginho and Mahrez. Both would slot straight into our first 11 and at a price that seems odd we don’t even try for either.

Liverpool have already got Fabinho, sounds like they will getting Fekir as well. I wanted both players here. Then with the disaster Karius had they will be trying to strengthen their one major weakness.

Chelsea look favourite for Lewandoski, arguably the best CF in world football.

And who are we linked with exactly? I hope you can see my frustration.
That's the problem though. Dont believe everything you read. Especially transfer gossip.
There's a reason we're going for Fred and not Jorginho. Just as we'll probably go for some other forward and not Fekir or Mahrez.
And City is just City. They want to buy everyone under the sun.
I really dont get all the panic every time a rival buys someone or when they're even connected to someone. I'm sure we'll see some transfer out of the blue for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.