Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Van Gaal gets clapped as he's leaving the pitch yet we jeer one of our own players. He's absolutely shite but it's the Dutch fraud picking him constantly.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He needs to go. Every minute he gets is detrimental to the team.

Boycott

I'm done with him. Today was his 79th appearence for the club. Only a handful have been memorable. In fact only three stand out (Spurs, Liverpool, City). The other times he just drifts through the motion. An absolutely nothing player. Can't pass well for more than ten yards. Always so slow in reacting that he forces himself to get into scraps. His awareness and intelligence is non-existent. His aerial prowess is fine in the defensive phase. He never does anything signficant when we have set plays though. A Manchester United midfielder selected for defending set pieces!? He rarely scores. It's just 70 minutes or more of mediocrity. What does he bring to the table? He does have games like Stoke at home where he does nothing bad and you think he had a good game. In reality the barometer is so low with him a game of basic play is a good one. I expect nothing and he delivers nothing. Pointless footballer.

JackXX

He's not a proper midfielder. He's an AM disrupter that you launch into the box. Poor signing really and shouldn't be playing as a DM.

Triple.Threat

LVG: "I think Fellaini played, again, a good match. That (the reaction to his sub) was disappointing. That was the only moment."

mattsville

He just does not belong to the culture of a properly functioning United side, he slows the whole thing down and offers a lazy option for players to hoof diagonals at him, he is also an indisciplined dirty cnut, he does not pick himself, yet another head scratcher aimed at LVG, he is playing youths but only when forced to, if we were setup to attack in a proper manner we would be seeing Herrera more advanced more regularly, and if he truly trusted in a youth policy playing to our standards you would see more of Pereira and Rothwell.

NinjaFletch

feck me we are in trouble
Well LVG has absolutely buried him with that quote, probably the last thing Fellaini wanted or needed.

He's going to stubbornly pick him all season, and Fellaini's going to get worse and worse abuse as an outlet for anger with LVG.

Ole90+3

He just does not belong to the culture of a properly functioning United side, he slows the whole thing down and offers a lazy option for players to hoof diagonals at him, he is also an indisciplined dirty cnut, he does not pick himself, yet another head scratcher aimed at LVG, he is playing youths but only when forced to, if we were setup to attack in a proper manner we would be seeing Herrera more advanced more regularly, and if he truly trusted in a youth policy playing to our standards you would see more of Pereira and Rothwell.

I agree with this, but he has been no worse than most of our midfielders this season. Certainly no worse than Carrick nor Herrera before Schweinsteiger came on today.

I realise he is probably not the quality of player who should be in a top level squad, nor should he be a starting midfielder in a good United side, however he is the ultimate scapegoat for this team, whereas, in reality, he is not the problem.

Cro

This following on from the comments about what he is doing is working confirm that we should forget the P45 and just hand him a straight jacket.
Because it is unusual for a manager to defend his player?

Don't know what you guys expect, but there is no way a manager is going to slate his own player. Especially not someone like Fellaini, who hasn't got a lobby at the club/fans. The way the press continues to single out Fellainis performances and how LVG judges him after the game appear to me, that they want these kind of quotes, just to wind the fans even more up. Seems working.

clarkydaz

neither does the manager. Booing/jeering him going off is embarrassing. After the chants at Anfield this week we are looking proper twats at the moment

In Rainbows

Boo the manager, not Fellaini. He is what he is. I didn't want him on the pitch either, but he's not selecting himself. It doesn't send a good message to the other players either.

dichinero

I didn't know it was "put your foot in your mouth" week.

First, Fellaini puts in a poor average against Pool, LvG comes out to defend him, Fellaini has the guts to tell us that the team failed the game plan AND to remind us that the next 2 games are important. Way to go Captain Marvel.

Fellaini puts in another shambolic performance and LvG comes out to defend that performance. What next, Fellaini comes out to tell us that we need to play attractive and effective football?

Devil may care

Because it is unusual for a manager to defend his player?

Don't know what you guys expect, but there is no way a manager is going to slate his own player. Especially not someone like Fellaini, who hasn't got a lobby at the club/fans. The way the press continues to single out Fellainis performances and how LVG judges him after the game appear to me, that they want these kind of quotes, just to wind the fans even more up. Seems working.
He's criticized plenty of our players before, just more selective bullshit from him.

C'est Moi Cantona

Don't boo him, it's just horrible to hear, the guy isn't picking himself.

Reckon he'll be the first put the door in the summer, but he's done what he can for us in his time here.

Acole9

Outstanding
Really worrying how van Gaal uses him as some sort of get out of jail card. It's almost like when Stoke were first in the Premier League with all their cumbersome lumps just hoofing the ball up to the big man.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
He's a thug. Can't wait to see him out of the shirt it's a disgrace he's got to put one on in the first place.

Cro

He's criticized plenty of our players before, just more selective bullshit from him.
Selective bullshit? Sorry, but he criticized some players who have got a lobby, who don't get slated after every game by the own fans. And no, I'm not a Fellaini or LVG fan. But some suggestions on here are ridiculous. I read an article some time ago and it said, that LVG normally reacts contrary to the media. After a good performance, he criticizes certain things and after a loss, he normally singles out the positives (in his eyes). Also, how the question was asked is also an important aspect. If the question already implies, that Fellaini played a shit game, you give the manager really just one way to go.

Devil may care

Selective bullshit? Sorry, but he criticized some players who have got a lobby, who don't get slated after every game by the own fans. And no, I'm not a Fellaini or LVG fan. But some suggestions on here are ridiculous. I read an article some time ago and it said, that LVG normally reacts contrary to the media. After a good performance, he criticizes certain things and after a loss, he normally singles out the positives (in his eyes). Also, how the question was asked is also an important aspect. If the question already implies, that Fellaini played a shit game, you give the manager really just one way to go.
Got a lobby? What we on the Caf or in Old Trafford think is irrelevant, that is painfully obvious by the fact that LvG is still here. The managers words matter to players and he has spared no one but Rooney when it has suited him. He was asked a question that he could have easily answered "It wasn't Maroune's best game but it was uncalled for to boo him" instead of trotting out a complete lie.

Sylar

Its no surprise this season we play better without him than with him. Im pretty sure we average more points without him than with him. (kinda a reverse Morgan)

I dont even know how LVG can say he had a good game. His stats certainly dont back it up. In fact, if he was having a good game, why would LVG take him which then saw us score.

He absolutely cannot start against Liverpool. A plan C when we need to lump the ball into the box with 5 minutes to go, sure, do it. But hes not what a United player should be. That maybe harsh, but I wont be convinced he is. Id rather see Cleverley start ahead of him and hes not even our player anymore.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
fecking Moyes, out of all the Everton players he gets him. Thing is, I can see him playing under Mourinho too.

Lentwood

We shouldn't be seeing reactions like that too a lad who is trying his best. Remember he was a very effective AM/CF for Everton and regularly scored 10-15 goals a season. It's hardly his fault he is being asked to play some kind of hybrid Gattuso/Pirlo role combined when he has never been that kind of player. Would it have been Vidic's fault if SAF had stuck him on the left wing and he hadn't been great?

drdoityourself

We shouldn't be seeing reactions like that too a lad who is trying his best. Remember he was a very effective AM/CF for Everton and regularly scored 10-15 goals a season. It's hardly his fault he is being asked to play some kind of hybrid Gattuso/Pirlo role combined when he has never been that kind of player. Would it have been Vidic's fault if SAF had stuck him on the left wing and he hadn't been great?
Nah, I think he only reached double digits in the Premier League once, 11 goals. In an Everton team that only had one game plan, that suited his game perfectly, crosses.
At United he has to be more involved in the short passing, running into space, and that's where he just doesn't cut it.

He's mostly playing as an advanced midfielder when he plays. So it isn't anywhere near a left wing Vidic scenario.
He's just nowhere near the required quality, and people get frustrated because of it. Not his fault, harsh on him but he just doesn't appeal to the majority of our supporters.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Don't boo him, it's just horrible to hear, the guy isn't picking himself.

Reckon he'll be the first put the door in the summer, but he's done what he can for us in his time here.
Except he hasn't because their goal came from him strolling back and not picking up Lanzini.

@GifLord I think it was around 66:30 odd if you'd be so kind.

Last edited:

Gatti33

Stats from today's game according to the BBC:

"In the first half Fellaini made no tackles, interceptions, blocks or clearances. He also lost possession 11 times, more than any of his team-mates"

Yet he'll probably still start the game on Thursday.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I hate seeing him in the line-up, but felt a bit sorry for him after the crowd reaction to his sub.

The crowd should have concentrated on booing Van Gaal as he's the one fecking everything up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He needs to play as an AM or not at sl really. His passing is too limited to play as a CM and he has a rubbish shot.

Add to the fact his game is pass it wide and run into the box it leaves us really exposed in midfield. He also can tackle without atleast elbowing somebody at sometime.

I do feel he tries hard and and always gives his best, but he's just not a top level player. Unfortunately the rest of our team is so fragile he's being played purely to defend free kicks and corners, which is pretty crazy.

stevoc

Today really should be the last time he plays for us. He's just not good enough.

Don't like the fans booing our own players, but Van Gaal needed to be made aware the fans don't want him in the side and theres no other way really to get that across. If LVG has any sense he'll leave him out of the side now until the end of the season and let the next manager make a decision on him.

m1y2

Anyone else pissed that we try to find him in the box with those crosses without pace? He is absolutely useless header of the ball, average at best, he gets praise for it just because he's tall, really a nonsense and everytime he plays our game struggles. Not good enough, hopefully the next manager will sell him with Rooney back to Everton

dichinero

We really need to stop hanging up to comments like this, living in the past to make excuses, especially for players. We can't keep on talking about how he did xyz in an Everton team that were never a serious threat to the top 4 in the league. It's really embarrassing. It's almost like saying we sign Adebayor or Santa Cruz and talk about how they were banging in goals fro them donkey years ago when they should never be in the club. We are not Everton and do not aspire to replicate what Everton do. It's almost like we are too interested in Everton's tactics than the player involved. It's become an all too common excuse for Fellaini, whereas fans are reluctant to use the same excuse for Mata, having won player of the year, Twice, in a row, in a very strong Chelsea team that gave us trouble! What Fellaini did for Everton almost 4 years ago is meaningless to us now, he wasn't even as influential as Baines or Tim Cahill.

As for positions, he thinks he's a DM, Wilmots thinks he's a CM, Moyes thinks he's an AM, LvG thinks he can do a job at CF. This beyond any reason should tell us how confusing, how confused the player must be or just how bad he is that he cannot hold down a role having been a professional for almost 10 years. 10 YEARS!!! It's not about shoehorning him into a line up, he should not be in the squad. LvG is just too silly and stubborn to realize that he can't draw blood out of this stone.

It's the manager's fault for constantly playing him. Who wouldn't want to play in front of the OT faithful and receive a fat pay check at the end of it. But surely as a professional, you have a responsibility to improve yourself given the circumstances and resources available to you. I have watched Fellaini since he has been in the PL for almost 10 years, what aspect has anyone noticed dramatically improve in the last 10 years? I would really like to know. All my life, it has been Fellaini can chest and head, for 10 years? Find me another player in the same circumstances that has not added another string to their bow, maybe not the perfect string but another recognizable string regardless. If the guy does not recognize that he needed to add to his repertoire in that, then I really question his mentality to be a better player than just being a battering ram or to know his most effective position. This is the main reason I can't stand the guy, not just that LvG picks him all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.