Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Giggsy13

I still hope and think we keep him. I don’t think the club will sanction a loan move or a sale to Spurs. Madrid is a possibility but he’s definitely not guaranteed to be a starter there either, so why leave United. We need depth in our squad, so selling Martial serves no purpose other than cutting our wage bill.

Matthew84!

How when he was first choice until about January?
He may of played as Cavani didn't have the best of starts but he was complete shit, I think he scored 7 goals, anyone thinking oh its just a bad patch, no, he's usually crap but has good patches, would be amazing in the Scottish league, French league

OL29

He may of played as Cavani didn't have the best of starts but he was complete shit, I think he scored 7 goals, anyone thinking oh its just a bad patch, no, he's usually crap but has good patches, would be amazing in the Scottish league, French league
So why was he sulking when he was first choice? Doesn’t make sense.

croadyman

I still hope and think we keep him. I don’t think the club will sanction a loan move or a sale to Spurs. Madrid is a possibility but he’s definitely not guaranteed to be a starter there either, so why leave United. We need depth in our squad, so selling Martial serves no purpose other than cutting our wage bill.
Would only want to sell him if it was going towards a top drawer DM and maybe backup RB

Red00012

Not surprised if this turned out to be true. He's on £250k a week, if we're actually going to bring in top tier players like Sancho and possibly Varane then someone needs to make way. Martial's probably one of the few who's both dispensable and likely to make us a decent chunk of money. If it were up to me I'd keep him another year until we have our long term striker position locked down.
So 1 out and out striker at the club next season who’s 34 and injury prone .
Not happening

I’ll put my house on him been here next season

Daonico

Ideally, if he leaves, we get another striker, we would be too thin again otherwise...
If him leaving is the only chance of us covering other holes(for financial reasons), I could live with that, but wouldn't be too happy

I don't think he is nearly as bad as some people here seems to think

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s weird how much hate he gets on here compared to how much love Rashford gets when there really isn’t anything between them. Maybe he needs to be less french & more English.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s weird how much hate he gets on here compared to how much love Rashford gets when there really isn’t anything between them. Maybe he needs to be less french & more English.
There's miles between them, in terms of age, effort, numbers, and their future in the game. Absolutely bonkers to suggest they're all that comparable. Rashford was rubbish last season, and yet provided lots, Martial was rubbish last season and....ah. Martial bottom level is so much worse than Rashford. You don't like Rashford, you've made that clear. You got it wrong about Maguire, you'll be proved wrong about Rashford too I expect.

lsd

The Oracle
He’d fail miserably at a club like Madrid I think. He needs to take a step down, less expectations, more room for nothingy performances.

I don't think you need to worry about Real buying him. No way they would be that dumb

SinNombre

Martial has a higher ceiling but a much lower floor than Rashford.

Pashyun obviously is a big deal in English football

Andrew7582

Martial has a higher ceiling but a much lower floor than Rashford.

Pashyun obviously is a big deal in English football
Much lower floor? Rashford's performance against Villareal was a genuine 1 out of 10, can't get worse than that.

Idxomer

Their record is pretty similar, they even have scored the same number of league goals so far.

They both found a bit of consistency in 19/20 but Martial was better, this season both were disappointing but Martial more so. Before that, no one distinguished himself much from the other and there are still a lot of similar doubt whether Rashford would ever maximize his talent.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hate is a strong word but even when Rashford is clearly carrying an injury, at least he turns up with good attitude. There was games last season where Martial pretty much downed tools and refused to make runs that a number 9 SHOULD be making. Sometimes it like watching Louis Saha again where he just hid in games.

I accept that Rashford's decision making can be really poor at times but i've rarely seen a game where he never puts in the miles.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
There's miles between them, in terms of age, effort, numbers, and their future in the game. Absolutely bonkers to suggest they're all that comparable. Rashford was rubbish last season, and yet provided lots, Martial was rubbish last season and....ah. Martial bottom level is so much worse than Rashford. You don't like Rashford, you've made that clear. You got it wrong about Maguire, you'll be proved wrong about Rashford too I expect.
Both of you are somewhat right. There was pretty much nothing between them until last season. Up until then they were neck and neck both statistically and in general performances, and if anything Martial had the slight edge. However that obviously did change last season, as Rashford was far better despite regularly being quite poor himself.

Lee565

Do a straight swap for saka, both players would get a benefit from it, martial would probably thrive at arsenal with less expectations and saka gets a step up team wise to perform with.

Eugenius

Do a straight swap for saka, both players would get a benefit from it, martial would probably thrive at arsenal with less expectations and saka gets a step up team wise to perform with.
Is Saka going to even get into our team though? Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho are better than him and he'd just be taking minutes from Amad.

Cavani is 34 going on 35. Greenwood has probably started about 5 games in his top flight career as a #9. We can't rely on those two for our only striker options.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford is younger and came through the academy, of course people are going to give him more leeway than Martial.
He also runs his arse off even when playing poorly. That's the big difference. Martial when playing poorly usually walks across the front line doing nothing.

When they are both in full flow and good form there's not much between them though.

bosskeano

Martial is fcking just like Pogba....they've give you sparks and glimpses of excellence going forward but are fcking lazy off the ball and defensively

crossy1686

career ending
Martial is fcking just like Pogba....they've give you sparks and glimpses of excellence going forward but are fcking lazy off the ball and defensively
I think it's a maturity issue, it seems rife in the French squad as well. Quick to blame each other when shit goes south instead of digging in and supporting their team mates. Pogba shows more glimpses than Martial does but Pogba doesn't want to be here and plays much better for France than United. Martial just plays when he can be arsed to, which is about 10 games a season and most of those are in the league cup.

Lentwood

We should do what we usually do....demand an unrealistic fee, continuously renew his contract to protect him as an asset, send him on a couple of miserable loans which only serve to devalue him further then eventually, when he hits veteran status, give him a job at the club

bosskeano

We should do what we usually do....demand an unrealistic fee, continuously renew his contract to protect him as an asset, send him on a couple of miserable loans which only serve to devalue him further then eventually, when he hits veteran status, give him a job at the club

Judas

Open to offers
Have a day off babes. Some utterly tediously miserable folk on here.

Borussia Teeth

He also runs his arse off even when playing poorly. That's the big difference. Martial when playing poorly usually walks across the front line doing nothing.

When they are both in full flow and good form there's not much between them though.
This is untrue. Rashford hasn't 'run his arse off' since 2019. He's just as lazy as Martial. I don't wanna hear any nonsense about playing with injuries, if you can sprint forward then you can fecking sprint back. I'm a fan of both but it's an absolute myth that Rashford puts in more of a shift. Cavani and Bruno shame them both.

OverratedOpinion

I really doubt it will happen, he is coming off a shit season so the offers would be low but the club knows that he is a very talented player.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is untrue. Rashford hasn't 'run his arse off' since 2019. He's just as lazy as Martial. I don't wanna hear any nonsense about playing with injuries, if you can sprint forward then you can fecking sprint back. I'm a fan of both but it's an absolute myth that Rashford puts in more of s shift. Cavani and Bruno shame them both
Nonsense. Rashford definitely works harder for the team. Always has.

Both good players but not world class. But Martial seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders and sulks when he doesn't get his way. No coincidence his worst two seasons followed Zlatan and Cavani arriving

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This is untrue. Rashford hasn't 'run his arse off' since 2019. He's just as lazy as Martial. I don't wanna hear any nonsense about playing with injuries, if you can sprint forward then you can fecking sprint back. I'm a fan of both but it's an absolute myth that Rashford puts in more of a shift. Cavani and Bruno shame them both.
Unless by instruction he's been told to conserve his running to the attacking transitions which given he's been playing 70% broken since 2019 would make far too much sense

Andrew7582

They can be happy all they want, I'm not stopping anyone. In fact, you're the only one here attempting to influence other posters (me). Ironic :lol:
I really doubt it will happen, he is coming off a shit season so the offers would be low but the club knows that he is a very talented player.
He'll be coming off two shit seasons if we keep him another year, that's not gonna do much for his value is it. Best thing to do is send him out on loan somewhere with option to buy in there.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm not ready to see Martial rocking up in a West Ham, Spurs or Arsenal shirt next season and doing a Lingard. No, not for me thanks. I'd rather keep him.

I don't know why we have to sell him anyway. Back in the day we had Yorke, Cole, Solskjaer and Sheringham doing the biz. We've only got Cavani for one more season. Constantly bleating on about City's amazing squad yet wanting our best players moved on is a bit daft.

Emphasis should be on getting rid of the likes of Matic, Jones, Mata, Lindelof, James etc.

manutddjw

I think we can all agree that when on form Martial is a good player. I have no idea why people are quick to want rid of him. We applaud City for their depth and attribute it as one of the reasons for their success. If Sterling is out they have Foden, Mahrez, Silva to cover for them. Yet we signed Sancho and are in a position to have quality of depth of attacking options and people want to diminish that? Martial should not be the first one out the door if we're trimming our squad.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm not ready to see Martial rocking up in a West Ham, Spurs or Arsenal shirt next season and doing a Lingard. No, not for me thanks. I'd rather keep him.

I don't know why we have to sell him anyway. Back in the day we had Yorke, Cole, Solskjaer and Sheringham doing the biz. We've only got Cavani for one more season. Constantly bleating on about City's amazing squad yet wanting our best players moved on is a bit daft.

Emphasis should be on getting rid of the likes of Matic, Jones, Mata, Lindelof, James etc.
You think Martial would suddenly start running if he were somewhere else? :eek:

I agree though selling one of our better attacking players even though technically he's now one of our worst isn't what you do when you're trying to build a squad to compete on all fronts

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We became the spice boys post Fergie once we stopped checking about players personalities and motivations. Think about it. Martial Di Maria Lukaku Depay Pogba Morgan S, Sanchez and probably loads more… mistake after mistake. Pogba and Martial have given us some great moments but bar a purple patch here and there they never worked hard enough or seemed to settle. They also set a very nonchalant tone on the pitch even when we were losing or struggle to score. We need more win at all cost lads like Cavani

dpansheth

Nonsense. Rashford definitely works harder for the team. Always has.

Both good players but not world class. But Martial seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders and sulks when he doesn't get his way. No coincidence his worst two seasons followed Zlatan and Cavani arriving
if he cant fight for his place, two times, do you think he should be a manchester united player?