Martial agent looking for a new club for him

NewYorkRed

He will be important for us this year. Think Rashford will play more on the right this year and Tony will be used as the first option off the bench to play on the left. He usually isn’t good off the bench but he will have to be. He’s such a frustrating player because the year before last you could make the argument he was the best forward in the league, and then has been crap since. Hopefully for our sake he rediscovers his form.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
"Non, merci. I'm 'appy sitting on the bench"
At 250k/w and with his attitude, hell yeah. We'll probably keep him as any type of move will have us paying half his salary and he's still good enough to be a fringe player that we keep around for squad depth.

Our mistake for giving him that contract after 1 goodish season in his 4th year here, not his.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
At 250k/w and with his attitude, hell yeah. We'll probably keep him as any type of move will have us paying half his salary and he's still good enough to be a fringe player that we keep around for squad depth.

Our mistake for giving him that contract after 1 goodish season in his 4th year here, not his.
At this point, I don't even know how many clubs would provide him enough playing time and paying 125K/week for him. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's definitely not going to be easy, and he'd have to agree to it as well. Just get this feeling he's going to be very difficult to move but he would probably be better off considering it.

buchansleftleg

The club should deal with him like any underperforming staff member. Get him on an action plan with a set of Opta stats expected from him in every training session or game. If he doesnt start running then we can give him notice and manage him out of the club..

Redcy

TBf he’s looked better coming on for 15-25 minutes than he has done in nearly 15 months. So maybe he will be good in that role

GreatDane

I think our only chance to sell him is if PSG sells Mbappé and goes for a new french player - they got money and he'd do well there.
Personally would like to see him gone.

bosskeano

It's well apparent that he has no appetite to push himself, to make himself a better player. So he'll just sit on the bench and get paid then throw in the odd performance.

Crustanoid

The agent who was supposed to be looking for a new club for him has to be the shittest agent in history

Canagel

Been given the number 9 shirt by France after Giroud didn't get called up.

Esquire

Absolutely ridiculous he’s still here. Picking up a huge wage to be 4th choice winger and 4th choice striker.
Well I don’t blame him for the club being stupid enough to pay him insane wages. But what I do blame him for is that once he got his new contract he completely flopped. It’s clear this guy is not motivated by footballing success. People say well Berbatov was not a hard runner and appeared lackadaisical. That is the worse comparison ever as Berba clearly cared and was way more consistent. It’s sad really Martial’s talent really could have translated into a top 10 player in Europe. Don’t think he will get there now.

Redcy

Well I don’t blame him for the club being stupid enough to pay him insane wages. But what I do blame him for is that once he got his new contract he completely flopped. It’s clear this guy is not motivated by footballing success. People say well Berbatov was not a hard runner and appeared lackadaisical. That is the worse comparison ever as Berba clearly cared and was way more consistent. It’s sad really Martial’s talent really could have translated into a top 10 player in Europe. Don’t think he will get there now.
He had his best season after he got his new contract. That’s clearly not the problem, what is I don’t know. He may end up being a 250k a week 20 min cameo sub. I don’t think he is displacing our front two, pogba or rashfird easily. Likely to see him off the left for sub appearances until rashford is back. His career is all but dead in the water atm. Sadness he will probably sit there and still look like he gives no shits, which doesn’t help endear him.

davidmichael

He will be important for us this year. Think Rashford will play more on the right this year and Tony will be used as the first option off the bench to play on the left. He usually isn’t good off the bench but he will have to be. He’s such a frustrating player because the year before last you could make the argument he was the best forward in the league, and then has been crap since. Hopefully for our sake he rediscovers his form.
It’s pretty clear to anyone and everyone that Rashford is basically a quarter of the player when he plays on the right which is why Sancho was bought and Greenwood still used there as well as James when he was here, Martial is third choice behind Rashford and Pogba for the left sided role and I think Sancho would be used there with Greenwood on the right ahead of Martial starting hence why we tried to move him on to Lyon.

flappyjay

Should have taken a leaf out of Memphis's book. Went to lyon got his head down and is now the spearhead of Barcelona's. Most importantly Deschamps seems to like him, this would be a chance to cement himself into the French squad. Poor management of his career.

Redcy

Should have taken a leaf out of Memphis's book. Went to lyon got his head down and is now the spearhead of Barcelona's. Most importantly Deschamps seems to like him, this would be a chance to cement himself into the French squad. Poor management of his career.
180-250k though

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
we can all see his talent but like you say for some reason he’s not motivated about getting to that level he just seems happy being a sub And wasting his career. If he did have any football desire he would’ve requested a loan or to be moved on as it’s obvious he’s fallen why down the pecking line.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The agent who was supposed to be looking for a new club for him has to be the shittest agent in history
His agent did an extremely good job got him the 250k/week contract already when Harry Kane is on 200k/week, Son is on 140k/week and Lukaku is on 325k/week. His agent is fine. It is not an easy task to find another club willing to offer that kind of money again.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His agent did an extremely good job got him the 250k/week contract already when Harry Kane is on 200k/week, Son is on 140k/week and Lukaku is on 325k/week. His agent is fine. It is not an easy task to find another club willing to offer that kind of money again.
Nothing to do with his agent, apparently if you are at United you earn those kind of wages regardless. Because of your 'seniority, and squad role'.

Blood Mage

Seems like we've stockpiled players who are happy to sit on their arse and collect their wages, and Martial is the worst of the lot. His attitude stinks and it's the reason he'll never reach his full potential.

OL29

Seems like we've stockpiled players who are happy to sit on their arse and collect their wages, and Martial is the worst of the lot. His attitude stinks and it's the reason he'll never reach his full potential.
When has he ever shown he's happy to sit on the bench and collect his wages? I thought the consensus was that he throws his toys out of his pram and downs tools whenever he has competition?

As far as I can remember, before this season, the only time he's gone into a season as a squad player, he won his place in the starting 11 back, and that was under Mourinho who clearly didn't fancy him. People on this forum just make up reasons to criticise players, it's weird.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
When has he ever shown he's happy to sit on the bench and collect his wages? I thought the consensus was that he throws his toys out of his pram and downs tools whenever he has competition?

As far as I can remember, before this season, the only time he's gone into a season as a squad player, he won his place in the starting 11 back, and that was under Mourinho who clearly didn't fancy him. People on this forum just make up reasons to criticise players, it's weird.
You can't really blame fans to think that way though. Martial's movement and workrate during most matches is anything short to abysmal.

OL29

You can't really blame fans to think that way though. Martial's movement and workrate during most matches is anything short to abysmal.
I can blame fans for making up reasons to shit on our players. When has Martial ever indicated that he’s happy to sit on the bench and collect his salary? And if he is, why is he heavily criticised for downing tools when he has competition? These things can’t both be true.

dinostar77

Duncan Castles said on the transfer window podcast that martial has been on the market all summer but his wages are too high (among the highest in the league) and his abject performances last season meant there was little to no interest.

We are stuck with him for now. He needs a good season.

Drainy

Duncan Castles said on the transfer window podcast that martial has been on the market all summer but his wages are too high (among the highest in the league) and his abject performances last season meant there was little to no interest.

What is the latest cope from Martial FC to deal with this news? 'It's not his fault he's earning so much'? Simultaneously being a great player who is a star in the team who also shouldn't be paid so much?

or just denial?

snk123

Where are the stats to back this up? Where are the workrate stats?

MDFC Manager

I can blame fans for making up reasons to shit on our players. When has Martial ever indicated that he’s happy to sit on the bench and collect his salary? And if he is, why is he heavily criticised for downing tools when he has competition? These things can’t both be true.
That is basically football fans in a nutshell.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Based on what we have actually witnessed both statements are wrong. He wants to play and has never downed tools when in competition. Which makes the narrative even worse.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he is not happy with the situation then surely he can show such frustration by doing basic stuff like run and chase the ball more

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Think Rashford will play more on the right this year...
I'm not sure why you would think that.
What about Sancho? What about Greenwood?
Someone else said, Martial needs to have a big season, and he really does, but personally, I can't see that happening when he'd have to displace both Ronaldo & Cavani for the #9 position, and he is up against Rashford and possibly Pogba for the Left Attack position.
And as mentioned, you've got Sancho & Greenwood on the right, and Lingard in the mix too.
I just don't see where Martial gets a strong run of games..

Redcy

The narrative seems to be that he is badly done too and last year was an aberration. Despite his only other big season was his first. Maybe he will get a few chances from the bench

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, Castles is usually full of shite but even he's capable of stating what's obviously true.

If Martial had been on something close to reasonable money, I'm sure there would've been plenty of takers (in spite of his performances last season) within a certain spectrum of clubs.

As it stands, though - he's on huge money.

Back to France? Yes, sure - but he'd instantly become the highest paid player at every club in that league except PSG (and why the feck would they be interested in him?).

LuckyScout78

I think its harder for Martial to get playing times this season and after. After Ronaldo arriving and if Sancho hit the conistent top level.

Maybe his last year. Then i hope his agent find a really good football team where he play a lot.

But Sancho may and will suit Martial football style and understanding. So they might both doing well together at the same time. Special against teams United need close area skills and one on one skills to open up defend.

For me. Martial best year at United was with LVG. Fearless, direct and determination. I think he shall find it back. Dont think too much. Play with more natural instinct.
And with Ronaldo as more as a CF. Maybe a good new for him. Special if Martial have to play more as a left winger. Where he can use again. His really good one on one skill.

Last season to hit the max level. On a conistent level. If not. As big club as United. United only want players that deliver consistent top level week in and week out. Because as one of the best club in the world. United need XI players who do it weeks in and weeks out.
Now, you have Sancho and Ronaldo. As world class attacking teamates. Same as Pobga. No excuses for I am not playing with the best teammates. With Ronaldo and Sancho. The level and standard have rise higher.

So exciting to see how Martial and Pogba are doing this season.

Tallis

Has his agent tried Arsenal ? I suspect they could pay us €50m for him.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Castles tried to state Martial was on 30 Million net per season. Which is 576k a week! And this is after tax. Castles just loves a good lie