Martial contract news| United confirm new contract signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
These things take time.The various clauses in a players contract nowadays seem more convoluted than ever though,atleast going by those recent football-leak reports.
So,I have little worries that Martial will eventually sign on with us again.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Like he did before we signed Sanchez?
This has been done to death so I'm not doing it again. He wasn't so good a 16/17 Sanchez wouldn't be a major boost. It's unfortunate he's been shite. Martial is playing better now than at any other point, other than this first season, and is rightfully getting games for it.
That's all that needs to be said, but I'm sure I'll have at least 3 notifications of insults, argument baiting with no end outcome, and someone will make up that I love Jose because of it though.

Runaway Sue

This has been done to death so I'm not doing it again. He wasn't so good a 16/17 Sanchez wouldn't be a major boost. It's unfortunate he's been shite. Martial is playing better now than at any other point, other than this first season, and is rightfully getting games for it.
That's all that needs to be said, but I'm sure I'll have at least 3 notifications of insults, argument baiting with no end outcome, and someone will make up that I love Jose because of it though.
He plays better because he is actually playing.
Regarding the insults, just dismiss them. My opinion isnt worth more than yours and i will respect it regardless how stupid i think it is. Im here to trade thoughts, not insults.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Regarding the insults, just dismiss them. My opinion isnt worth more than yours and i will respect it regardless how stupid i think it is. Im here to trade thoughts, not insults.
That’s fair and a breath of fresh air. Personally think it helps that he gets a run of course, but he looked better from the off this time. Just seems to be moving more and proactively getting into the game. Think he had one average game then stepped it up in the next if I remember right, so justified his place.

The thing is, we all want him to do well and all enjoy what we see when he does. Hopefully we get some more this weekend.

Ekeke

If we can get him to sign a new contract it would be a big deal. Salvaging the relationship after last summer seemed like a doomed affair. I wouldnt be surprised if his wages have to be a little bit high to make it happen, but still. I had no faith that he would end up happy enough to stay. So I guess however it happens, I'll

Bestietom

Martial was playing Brilliant before we brought Sanchez in when we didn't need him. He is still only a young player and most likely felt bad when first he lost the number 9 shirt then dropped when Sanchez came in. All he wants is to play every week and he will prove how good he really is. We need another like Martial on the right wing.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So why he was dropped in the first place? He was in fantastic form when we got Sanchez.
He wasn't playing as well as he is now and a Sanchez playing well would have been a big upgrade. A few goals don't tell the full picture and it's constantly over exaggerated how well he was playing. He wasn't affecting full games, just moments of class, which is great when it works but it won't always. Excuses were being made at the time saying that's what you get with a player like him, but here he is affecting more of a game and getting involved in more than just the seconds before a goal.

Judas

Open to offers
Martial's form before Sanchez came in becomes more and more overstated as time goes by, it's hilarious. He's by far playing better now than he was in that period.

Handré1990

He wasn't playing as well as he is now and a Sanchez playing well would have been a big upgrade. A few goals don't tell the full picture and it's constantly over exaggerated how well he was playing. He wasn't affecting full games, just moments of class, which is great when it works but it won't always. Excuses were being made at the time saying that's what you get with a player like him, but here he is affecting more of a game and getting involved in more than just the seconds before a goal.
Always been a huge fan of his, but this is simply the truth. He is playing with much higher intensity. Martial has the talent to be one of the very best, but he needs to keep up this level of application from start to finish to.

JohnnyKills

Great comment.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Somebody promote that man.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's a sad state of most of the posters here that a guy can come and say he respects others opinions and gets lauded for it.

Chairman Steve

That's great to hear. I think he could have been our potential De Bruyne or Salah moment if we allowed him to leave.

You could also factor possible reassurances over who's going to be the new manager (whether it's OGS, someone else) or if it was just a case of 'anyone but Jose Mourinho'

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Fecking excellent news if true. He's already very good but has the potential to get even better.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolutely excellent news!

Was really fearing that we were going to lose both him and DDG this summer.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Jim White though. Although I expect him to sign I don't believe anything that Sky has the lead in.

Ciddy

Hopefully they get this contract signing over the line ASAP and then De Gea follows after. Can't help but think that if a certain other Manager was still here we might have sen the back of them both. They're not signed yet, but I really do hope the change in management has made these guys look to stay. Losing either would mean additional signings would be required on top of what we already need which I fear would stretch out our requirements beyond the summer transfer window.

0le

I find it difficult to trust SSN. But if it is true, then it is fantastic news.

Red14Devil9

It's a great news that Martial want's to sign a new contract. Hopefully he will preform great under Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.