Martial contract news| United confirm new contract signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Utd

I think this is really positive. Just keep adding to the feel good factor at the club!!!

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jim White though. Although I expect him to sign I don't believe anything that Sky has the lead in.
Read on Reddit that it's James Cooper who broke the news apparently and he's supposed to be Tier 2, so a much better source than Sky or White.
Edit- Well Bouhafsi has confirmed it as well so sounds like a done deal.

Red Royal

That is amazing news. The Ole feel good factor paying dividends on and off the field. The future is seeming so much brighter in just a month.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great news. Players wanting to stay rather than leave! Who would have thought it.

Infestissumam

fantastic news. To think our former manager was ready to offload him and replace him with Willian ... shudders.

now re-sign De Gea too and we're set.

lysglimt

Scout
So in a Little over a month - the following might happen (if reports are to be believed)

1) United win 6 games in a row (hopefully 7 by tomorrow)
2) De Gea signs a new contract
3) Martial signs a new contract
4) Pogba is playing the football of his Life
5) United score an average of close to 3 goals a game

cyberman

Poor Glaston tried to tell us how desperate he was to join Spurs though?

BlueHaze

This is being widely reported now so hopefully this time it is actually true. This is great news.

Red Devil Rising

Not impressed.

Had we listened to the self-proclaimed special one, we'd have got £50 million for him and replaced him with Willian or Perisic :nono:

Damn you Woodward and Ole.

wolvored

Wonder if this is a sign Ole is the next manager? Martial was praising him up the other day saying he understands him. When he was asked if he would like Soskjaer as permanant manager he said why not?
From Norweigan station TV2

Anthony Martial has become the first player to publicly back Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to become the permanent Manchester United boss.

Martial is one of many players who have improved under Solskjaer’s coaching, the Norwegian having replaced Jose Mourinho last month.

He scored in Solskjaer’s first game in charge and assisted a goal in the win over Bournemouth, while playing a key role in victories against Newcastle and Tottenham.

Martial has hailed Solskjaer’s impact and sees no reason why the club shouldn’t appoint him permanently.

“At the moment everything goes very well, all the players are happy. So if it goes on like that, why not?” he told TV2.

“He has already shown that he can be strict. He can be quite strict with those who have earned it.

“A good manager must have a bit of both, he must be strict with the players, but also create joy and a good mood.

“”It is great for me to work with a manager who was attacking even when he was playing, just like me.

“He comes with good advice, especially suggestions for positioning in front of goal and the actual finishing. There he helped me a lot.

“The best advice I have received from him until now is that I have to play to my strengths. Don’t put pressure on myself. He says I have to express myself on the pitch. It is very nice to be able to get such advice from Solskjaer.”

Irrational.

Didn't Levy want Martial plus money for Alderweireld
... A player who he valued at £70 million who is now going to be available for £25 million this year :lol:

Lets also remind ourselves...

And yes, I can say that "Martial would love to come" (he would) and then talk about about how fans expect too much from Levy, because whether Martial comes or not is out of Levy's control … it depends not least on whether United are willing to sell to a rival.
Not been a good week for dear old @GlastonSpur, no wonder he's been in hiding since the loss. No doubt he'll pop up again when Spurs start winning or there are some updates on the stadium :D

nycender

There is a top top top class player in there. We need to give him the run of games, confidence and platform to show his skills.

Toad

Fantastic news in 3-4 years time him and Rashford will be unstoppable

SAFMUTD

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Now DDG and we are back on track keeping our best players

JohnnyKills

Great news.

He really needs to kick on now though. As many others have said, there's a superstar in there but he's got to improve his movement and defensive work.

Genuinely think he can be a Ronaldo-level talent if he screws his head on.

Status
Not open for further replies.