Martial | Di Marzio thinks he will stay

Mainoldo

8 of his goals and assists came as a substitute in the space of 88 minutes.

He has also gotten 1 assist and 0 goals in 550 minutes in 2018.

Its a bit like saying it's madness for Chelsea to sell Morata because he's got a great ratio. The reality is that his ratio is good because he's good off the bench and not good enough to lead the attack.
Well you watch him week in week out. Stats removed. Is he shit?

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
8 of his goals and assists came as a substitute in the space of 88 minutes.

He has also gotten 1 assist and 0 goals in 550 minutes in 2018.

Its a bit like saying it's madness for Chelsea to sell Morata because he's got a great ratio. The reality is that his ratio is good because he's good off the bench and not good enough to lead the attack.
^^^

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Ogden says we want to keep him.
Pretty much everyone has said we want to keep him and Martial is the one angling for a move.

Presumably, he wants the assurance that he'll start most games and isn't happy playing as a rotational option along the front line.

Martial needs 2-3 years to be at the top level. Add to this that Rashford also needs games to develop and I would be against turning him into one of our main starters.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Martial potential departure has not been justified by signing Sanchez yet. If Martial does leave, he would need to be replaced not just by Willian or Dembele, but by another wide attacker. Preferably, someone young like Leon Bailey.

edgar allan

Pretty much everyone has said we want to keep him and Martial is the one angling for a move.

Presumably, he wants the assurance that he'll start most games and isn't happy playing as a rotational option along the front line.

Martial needs 2-3 years to be at the top level. Add to this that Rashford also needs games to develop and I would be against turning him into one of our main starters.
Having watched his replacement playing so poorly but still keep his starting position must make him question the likelihood of playing regularly.

Craig Ward

Having watched his replacement playing so poorly but still keep his starting position must make him question the likelihood of playing regularly.
Agree with this.

Sanchez has been 2/10 in most games and still gets picked.

Martials head must be turned by the way Jose has dropped him

cyberman

Didn't Mourinho say just the other day that any player who wants to leave can go?
The article says Martial has to demand a move so it can be both.
So that stance doesn't have to change. We're not even sure he wants to leave!

edgar allan

Agree with this.

I think that 2 is very harsh but he is going to play all next season if for no other reason that to try for Jose to justify his transfer.
Most players want to play and I have no problem with any player that wants to leave to get regular starts.

Di Marzio thinks he will stay

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

This in a response to a question whether Martial is staying.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Despite the criticism by some saying that Martial has been angling for a move, there has been no sign as of yet so doesn't surprise me. The links to him out of the club seem to be mainly fueled by the London journos saying Spurs are after him but they have been for ages. Things might change if we bring in a new right wing starter who will play 90%+ of games but no World Cup gives him an opportunity to stake his claim in pre-season this year. Last year Rashford and Lingard were preferred in the pre-season matches but they'll be resting.

rotherham_red

Like I said, both he and the club will see how this season goes. If it goes horribly wrong, then we'll both look to end it by the end of the season, but someone with Tony's talent needs to be given all the opportunity to have it realised. The potential upside of it working out is far more than anything we'd get in a sale.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has to either sign a new contract or be sold imo.
His value at the moment is what, £40/50/60m? It would plummet if he doesn't sign and doesn't play. It might be he's not forcing a move, but I can't see how he'd want to stay as well.

GM K

Agree with this.

Martial can't lace Sanchez's boots - at least not now anyway. I will take the so called 'average' display of Sanchez over what Martial has been serving lately. Sanchez puts his soul on the pitch. That is priceless for me. And frankly, players with his reputation, are often played even when not at their best until it is proven beyond every reasonable doubt that they are finished. It may not be fair but it is what it is in football. The likes of Martial and Rashford are not there yet. They just need to humble themselves, bid their time and grab their opportunities, otherwise, they should leave. I have seen these kids given opportunities they bungle. This is not a mid table club. It is Manchester United at a period the club is desperate to return to the top. I am getting especially tired of transfer news around Martial. I remember Jose saying, early two seasons ago, that Martial needs to listen less to his agent and more to his coach. Rumours of his departure had been ignited as far back as then. I'll be delighted if he stays and is happy but if he desperately wants to go, he should go and be properly replaced. That will be the best for everyone.

Mainoldo

Despite the criticism by some saying that Martial has been angling for a move, there has been no sign as of yet so doesn't surprise me. The links to him out of the club seem to be mainly fueled by the London journos saying Spurs are after him but they have been for ages. Things might change if we bring in a new right wing starter who will play 90%+ of games but no World Cup gives him an opportunity to stake his claim in pre-season this year. Last year Rashford and Lingard were preferred in the pre-season matches but they'll be resting.
If he’s position is dependent on us buying or not buying a right winger he should go now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
And under no circumstances should he be sold to a domestic rival.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think he needs to pull himself together and try his best to have proper impact off the bench.

I think this is part of why he isn’t going to Russia this summer.

He hasn’t done enough to merit a starting place, but has all the talent in the world to learn to be productive when he is given time, and eventually he will have his place.

Assensio is a good example I think.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think he needs to pull himself together and try his best to have proper impact off the bench.

He hasn’t done enough to merit a starting place, but has all the talent in the world to learn to be productive when he is given time, and eventually he will have his place.

Hopefully you meant on

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Sanchez, Martial and Shaw(if we don't get sandro) could get some chances at the beginning of the season.
I think it is up to them about how they impress Mou. Especially Sanchez and Shaw. I feel it is in their hands.

MUFC OK

Like I said, both he and the club will see how this season goes. If it goes horribly wrong, then we'll both look to end it by the end of the season, but someone with Tony's talent needs to be given all the opportunity to have it realised. The potential upside of it working out is far more than anything we'd get in a sale.
Definitely, and with enough chances he will cement his position. I have always maintained that he's a better payer than Sane, who has just had a great season and seems to be universally lauded. He's one of the most talented young players in the world, and we would be foolish to give up on him at this point.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Good if we hold on to him I guess. It will be interesting to see how he fits in with Sanchez around full time. Hopefully he grows into another position, you never know.

I'd like to see him tested at right wing for more than just one or two games. He has all the attributes to make that position his own.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Wait, are you suggesting that he should do what he successfully did this season?

MUFC OK

This in a response to a question whether Martial is staying.
Can we change the thread title? We haven't had any news that he's leaving in weeks, in fact Di Marzio has said today that he think's he'll stay. If he had said he thinks he will leave, this place would've imploded.

Bestietom

Not sure on this one. Have read he is staying and that he wants out, but will have to wait and see what happens in the coming weeks.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
Martial can't lace Sanchez's boots - at least not now anyway. I will take the so called 'average' display of Sanchez over what Martial has been serving lately. Sanchez puts his soul on the pitch. That is priceless for me. And frankly, players with his reputation, are often played even when not at their best until it is proven beyond every reasonable doubt that they are finished. It may not be fair but it is what it is in football. The likes of Martial and Rashford are not there yet. They just need to humble themselves, bid their time and grab their opportunities, otherwise, they should leave. I have seen these kids given opportunities they bungle. This is not a mid table club. It is Manchester United at a period the club is desperate to return to the top. I am getting especially tired of transfer news around Martial. I remember Jose saying, early two seasons ago, that Martial needs to listen less to his agent and more to his coach. Rumours of his departure had been ignited as far back as then. I'll be delighted if he stays and is happy but if he desperately wants to go, he should go and be properly replaced. That will be the best for everyone.
Unlike Rooney who similarly gained starting roles base on reputation and not on onfield displays a few seasons back,Sanchez has done nothing in a Manchester United shirt to warrant the same treatment, the simple truth is if he can not produce the goods he should be dropped regardless of his accomplishments wearing a lesser shirt, or how good he was at impersonation a headless chicken for the backend of last season work rare means nothing if you have lost your spark

You are dead right this not a mid-table club, therefore experienced player who might be on a downward trajectory have no right to walk into the team based on past accomplishments.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I pretty much think that he'll sign a new contract. Luckhurst(who's right now the most reliable United journalist despite the criticism here) is saying that Martial feels settled in the City and the club doesn't want to sell him at all unless he forces a move.

gajender

If Sanchez plays as poorly as he played last season he won't survive long at United certainly not as a starter Mourinho indulged him long enough to let him find his form which he never did but he won't be so generous next season hopefully he starts pulling his weight and justifies his billing as top player otherwise we might have very expensive problem on our hand.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
All good points

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Soul on the pitch, such a cliche, when its usually his headless chicken act which causes the team issues. I do like his passion though, but he needs to perform, last season he didn't perform better than Martial over the course of the season both at United and Arsenal

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If Sanchez plays as poorly as he played last season he won't survive long at United certainly not as a starter Mourinho indulged him long enough to let him find his form which he never did but he won't be so generous next season hopefully he starts pulling his weight and justifies his billing as top player otherwise we might have very expensive problem on our hand.
If he does all season then yeah. We need to take into account that the team was already playing pretty horrendous football when he arrived. If we can get a better system going with the new buys this summer, and he's putting the effort he was in, he'll surely shine. And Martial will be in a way better position to be involved in better football and learn, so long as he applies himself. If I was him I'd be using the lack of football this summer as an opportunity to sit down with a coach and work out what and how to improve.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure why everyone thought/thinks he'll move, he himself has said all along he wants to stay but he wants assurances over playing time

From his point of view he's not going to move to a bigger club so his best option would be Juventus but it's unlikely they'd pay what is required. He sure as hell is never going to swap us for Spurs

Trizy

Very good news if De Marzio is correct. Martial is gonna be a world beater and already is better than most wingers in the league.

Besides, I'd be dropping Sanchez for Martial every game until Sanchez shows why we're paying him so much. He's done squat since joining.

luke511

Very good news if De Marzio is correct. Martial is gonna be a world beater and already is better than most wingers in the league.

Besides, I'd be dropping Sanchez for Martial every game until Sanchez shows why we're paying him so much. He's done squat since joining.
If only. Most unnecessary signing in recent history.

InfiniteBoredom

Accepting shit performance as long as the player runs around like a mad man on the pitch is the surest way towards mediocrity. 'Trying' alone was never good enough for this club but it seems the last few years have messed with people's expectation.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Wait, are you suggesting that he should do what he successfully did this season?
I’m just saying I hope he can manage to give the manager a tough decision to make, and I personally still expect more from him based on how highly I rate him.