Martial has got to remain at United | No, he hasn't been unfollowing United players on Instagram

The_Order

Imagine crying all week for Martial to play because he’s better than Sanchez and then still defending him after that shit show? It’s always Mourinho’s fault right, not Martial, not Rashford etc.
Imagine crying about others wanting to give a young talent a chance to shine.

Wind it in, lad, everyone was shite last night, couldn't string three passes together - I guess that's not the coaching (Newcastle, sevilla, west brom, hudersfield) no, its Martial, Martial is so shit, it went viral and Rashford couldn't square a simple pass across the box.

Sit down and shut up/

Imagine crying about others wanting to give a young talent a chance to shine.

Wind it in, lad, everyone was shite last night, couldn't string three passes together - I guess that's not the coaching, Martial is so shit, it went viral and Rashford couldn't square a simple pass across the box.

Sit down and shut up/
But that’s the thing, I think they are both getting plenty of chances to shine. Similar to Asensio at Madrid or Coman at Bayern, but they are young and inconsistent.

I’m already sat down, and I’m sat in complete silence, volume on my phone keyboard is zero.

JustAGuest

Imagine crying all week for Martial to play because he’s better than Sanchez and then still defending him after that shit show? It’s always Mourinho’s fault right, not Martial, not Rashford etc.
The same can be said the other way around. With Mourinho it's always the player's fault after the team has a bad performance. Maybe there is more to it than that? I don't see any other top managers constantly get away with putting the blame on their players.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It was more the case that last night absolutely hammered home some of the issues that have been there for two years with these players. It's not based on one performance. In Martials case, he's not reached the level of application he showed in the first season. That is because of his attitude in my opinion and the way he now views himself as a player.

You'll point to his stats which were largely inflated earlier in the season when he rotated with Rashford. But what kept happening there was he managed to score or assist from the bench but when he started the next game he tanked, with Rashford then scoring from the bench when the game was won. I'm sure he sees himself as a starter for United, but his last good game from the start was God knows when. Perhaps Burnley away at the end of last season.

Martial needs to change so much to even get back to where he was in the first season and unfortunately I just don't see it coming. I hope I'm wrong because I felt like he was going to be a great player, but I think he'll be gone this summer anyway and I'd no longer complain if he is. That's damning in itself at how far he's fallen in my estimation. But I'd quite happily see him go to be replaced in the next couple of years with somebody like Sancho.
I'm convinced you have over simplified it. He is a young player. Inconsistency is a given. We are plain luck his first season was so good. Remember Sterling's debut year at Liverpool? The same has happened to him. Yet people were quick to write him off after two ify seasons. But look at him now? Martial honestly is developing as he should. Gradually and incrementally and the statistics for his all round game prove it. But for some reason fans and the press are too impatient to see him mature. And his keeping his emotions off his face mistakenly gives the impression that he doesn't care or has attitude or entitlement issues. But if you really think about, has any of the back room staff, come out this season to state Martial doesn't give his all behind the scenes and in training. Or that he is sulking? In fact the opposite is true. They only say good things about him. People really ought to be more patient with young players. Very few can be consistently good at the get go the way Messi, Rooney, Iniesta or Fabregas were as young guns.

I'm convinced you have over simplified it. He is a young player. Inconsistency is a given. We are plain luck his first season was so good. Remember Sterling's debut year at Liverpool? The same has happened to him. Yet people were quick to write him off after two ify seasons. But look at him now? Martial honestly is developing as he should. Gradually and incrementally and the statistics for his all round game prove it. But for some reason fans and the press are too impatient to see him mature. And his keeping his emotions of his face mistakenly gives the impression that he doesn't care or has attitude or entitlement issues. But if you really think about, has any of the back room staff, come out this season to state Martial doesn't give his all behind the scenes and in training. Or that he is sulking? In fact the opposite is true.
Bang on again Chief. Right now Sanchez and Lukaku will offer much more over the course of a season, it’s shame people can’t just be patient with such young players and a shame if the reports about Martial are true. Both players with have to fight tooth and nail to get a starting place at any top club, it’s the nature of the beast.

NYAS

I'm convinced you have over simplified it. He is a young player. Inconsistency is a given. We are plain luck his first season was so good. Remember Sterling's debut year at Liverpool? The same has happened to him. Yet people were quick to write him off after two ify seasons. But look at him now? Martial honestly is developing as he should. Gradually and incrementally and the statistics for his all round game prove it. But for some reason fans and the press are too impatient to see him mature. And his keeping his emotions of his face mistakenly gives the impression that he doesn't care or has attitude or entitlement issues. But if you really think about, has any of the back room staff, come out this season to state Martial doesn't give his all behind the scenes and in training. Or that he is sulking? In fact the opposite is true.
I don’t think the issue is that the staff or fans want him sold, the issue is that he’s the one threatening to leave. You’re saying he should be given time, that’s fine, but he’s the one who thinks he deserves to start every week and he’s the one who’s the most impatient of all.

Why don’t we ever hear this nonsense from Rashford’s agent? They both barely start and yet whenever Martial doesn’t play it’s like a gigantic catastrophe, the sulking starts, the stories emerge from French media and it’s a complete drama. With Rashford, not a peep.

If Martial was actually happy with how his development was going and how much time he’s getting and came out and said he’s willing to be patient for some time, I would bet there wouldn’t be one person associated with the club or one supporter who would actively want him to be sold. Yet the reality is that all the speculation originates from his camp and that’s what makes people discuss the possibility of him leaving. He’s the one making it an issue.

GM K

Talk about a knee jerk reaction, Martial has one poor game and he must be dropped again? Meanwhile Sanchez can be shite for months, Lingard can be shite for months, still not dropped. Grow a fecking brain some of you lot. If Martial left us he'd have a line up top clubs like Bayern and Juventus all desperate to sign him. They know how good he is and can be, we know how good he is and can be.

And then he'd go to a team like Juventus or Bayern, be one of their best players and people would be talking about Real Madrid and Barcelona trying to sign him for 200 million in the same vein as Dybala or Ribery a few years back.
Football is like that. Not much we can do about it. Some players just don't fit somewhere but click elsewhere. Martial had a poor last season and he has not exactly set the league on fire this season. There is something not right and none of us can boldly assert that we know. Maybe it's the manager, maybe it's the kid, maybe it's something else. But whatever it is, Martial is just not hitting the heights with us.

GM K

I don’t think the issue is that the staff or fans want him sold, the issue is that he’s the one threatening to leave. You’re saying he should be given time, that’s fine, but he’s the one who thinks he deserves to start every week and he’s the one who’s the most impatient of all.

Why don’t we ever hear this nonsense from Rashford’s agent? They both barely start and yet whenever Martial doesn’t play it’s like a gigantic catastrophe, the sulking starts, the stories emerge from French media and it’s a complete drama. With Rashford, not a peep.

If Martial was actually happy with how his development was going and how much time he’s getting and came out and said he’s willing to be patient for some time, I would bet there wouldn’t be one person associated with the club or one supporter who would actively want him to be sold. Yet the reality is that all the speculation originates from his camp and that’s what makes people discuss the possibility of him leaving. He’s the one making it an issue.
You have a valid point here.
I also remember Jose saying last season that Martial needs to listen more to him than to his agent. That statement was loaded with meanings.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I’m split on this now. He has serious talent and could well be a player considered in the upper tier of players eventually. Problem is, I can’t see him reaching that level here.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
You are martial. You have two options. Be substitute ( often unused) in man utd or play in first 11 in some big club?
Our best chance is to play on his agent and throw him ridiculous amount of money.
Is this like when commentators say Newcastle are a big club?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Because it's easier to blame everything on Martial since he hasn't renewed his contract or is not running like a headless chicken the whole game.
No it's because the Martial fan club will defend him regards of his horrendous displays. Pogba gets slated pretty much every game from almost everyone.

Member 90887

It's Manchester United FC, Not Martial FC. People need to see the bigger picture.

If he's not good for us, who cares if he becomes better in another team ? he has bags of talent, we all agree on that, but he isn't delivering right now, he needs to make the manager trust him, like all players before him.

He may well become world class in a few years, but if he doesn't want to be patient and stay, what are we supposed to do ? should we play him even thought it's not the best option for the team right now ? or should we play someone that's gonna make us better ?

Keep in mind that he wants to play or leave, we don't want him to leave, Jose wants to keep him. just look at the difference between his actions and Rashford's. one sulks and the other tries his best.

If he stays, all the better, as he has the talent to become of the best of his generation, if he doesn't, well, i won't cry about it.

TheRedScot

In Any Fight It’s The Guy Whose Willing To Die Who
At this stage im not too concerned about losing martial. Hes just too inconstant over the course of a game. The thing is, the ability is clearly there. He looks as dangerous as any inside forward in the world when he runs at defenders and cuts inside. Yet he Doesn't Try it nearly enough. I thought With Lukaku Running the channels and Dragging CBs away that Martial would flourish this year. If he wants To stay and extends his contract then great. If not then i'm indifferent.

minoo-utd

It dosent matter as long as he is inconsistent and lack many things. Him and Rashford we need much much better and deserve better.

Jacob

Rashford is good but overrated, same goes for Martial. Rashford has a stronger mentality however.

POF

Completely agree with this point. I don't think it is just Martial though. There is Pogba too, there is a lot of Rashford noise through the media and even Fellaini is threatening to leave. This is my biggest disappointment with the current United set up.

Under Fergie, it didn't bother me in the slightest if rumours started of players being unhappy or if the media kept questioning why certain players weren't playing enough (or the English classic of players being played out of position) because you always felt everyone within the camp was on the same page.

Under Jose, the players don't seem to be on the same page as management. The rumours in the media, the criticism of Jose's style and record with young players, the "Rashford should play more as a striker" stuff is all harmful because you get the impression that the players (and their hangers on) are more likely to listen to journos blowing smoke up their arse than management.

At Chelsea, in his first spell, Jose had a group of senior players who were fiercely loyal to him and drove the dressing room culture. He doesn't seem to have that at United and looks unlikely to ever get it. Maybe it's the modern player, maybe Jose is now incapable of relating to his players but it's the biggest issue at the club at the moment.

When Jose comes out and says that the players don't listen to him and he's not able to motivate them, it doesn't paint him in a very good light.

Toddler

You didn’t see the same game I did then. He was totally uninterested, showed zero off the ball movement, was wasteful and constantly failed at even the most basic passing. He looked like he was already gone.

The one thing he did do was get the ball, run at everyone in front of him, even if it was the whole Brighton team, and easily give the ball away.

I’d ship him out ASAP.
No Sir, I saw the game and I agree that Martial was abysmal. But still in my opinion he was better than many of our other players on the pitch because some of them were just horrendous and not even trying and failing just failing. I don't really care about individual performances if the whole team is playing like dog sh't and there is no visible game plan and cohesion through out the team. Which has sadly been the case for many of the games this year, even though we have managed to win.

I hope that we can be different next year, but I am worried.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm convinced you have over simplified it. He is a young player. Inconsistency is a given. We are plain luck his first season was so good. Remember Sterling's debut year at Liverpool? The same has happened to him. Yet people were quick to write him off after two ify seasons. But look at him now? Martial honestly is developing as he should. Gradually and incrementally and the statistics for his all round game prove it. But for some reason fans and the press are too impatient to see him mature. And his keeping his emotions off his face mistakenly gives the impression that he doesn't care or has attitude or entitlement issues. But if you really think about, has any of the back room staff, come out this season to state Martial doesn't give his all behind the scenes and in training. Or that he is sulking? In fact the opposite is true. They only say good things about him. People really ought to be more patient with young players. Very few can be consistently good at the get go the way Messi, Rooney, Iniesta or Fabregas were as young guns.
It's not so much a question of whether he cares though, it's that he plays like he doesn't. If you think of every great winger they were busy all game. They'd be looking for the ball to feet then next minute making runs in behind. Wingers don't walk around the pitch, especially when the ball is in their area of the pitch. I honestly think he looks lost at times when it is crowded around him. Maybe he does care, but when he doesn't try to engineer situations for himself and walks around instead, it looks like he isn't interested.

You may see development in his game but I don't. I think he's worse in every department compared to his first season where he played with determination and courage. If he had a game where he was busy and tried to take on players and make things happen, but nothing came off for him, I'd be happy. But he just goes through the motions game after game. Honestly I'd love to sit down with him and the coaches and understand why this is.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Bang on again Chief. Right now Sanchez and Lukaku will offer much more over the course of a season, it’s shame people can’t just be patient with such young players and a shame if the reports about Martial are true. Both players with have to fight tooth and nail to get a starting place at any top club, it’s the nature of the beast.
I know our history and the process many young players went through to become great players. I was in the stands encouraging a young Ronaldo whilst people around me were giving him abuse for being greedy or a "one trick pony". I knew this was just part of his development.

With Martial it's something else. I've never known somebody want to play the game like he does and with these issues. I don't know, it's just frustrating.

jesperjaap

The same can be said the other way around. With Mourinho it's always the player's fault after the team has a bad performance. Maybe there is more to it than that? I don't see any other top managers constantly get away with putting the blame on their players.
Very true. I think if you forget performances this year, the question has to be asked if the performance levels have been very average due to many over rating our players individually or over rating the manager?

I would suggest a bit of both. What with the recent Wenger news, was interesting to see a documentary on him and Fergies war on tv. Just looking at the body language, interviews, eyes, everything regarding Wenger at Highbury and Wenger at Emirates was so different, two different people almost. I see the same thing with Mourinho up to when he went to Madrid and Mourinho after Madrid. Porto, Inter and Chelsea his players would run through walls for him....Madrid, Chelsea second time around and here now, players falling out with him.
Also if some of our players are over rated....I know its just paper talk but we are seeing the likes of Rashford, Martial, Darmian and even Fellaini getting linked with major clubs so they must be good then? Personally I think we have so many average players that havent really fitted in or progressed or are good enough to deserve the shirt.....Blind, Darmian, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Fellaini just arent Man Utd players.
The we have what I would class as decent but over rated players like Herrera, Mata and Rojo who all cost pretty big money and have been here a while....then looka t our big talents:
Shaw....Mourinho has it in for him, had injuries but what is it 3/4 years been here now?
Bailly....He is a rough diamond, I really like him personally though
Pogba...Bags of talent, not justified the world record transfer though has he. Can he perform consistantly?
Rashford...He is exciting....but the decision making and finishing....is it inconsistency due to age or more?
Martial...£50m we paid him is probably £80m odd in todays market, when you look at it like that...nobody can justify he has been a success, his whole body language hasnt looked right for a long time
Lukaku...I know I will be slated for this by many, but seriously a man mountain up front with the first touch of a pinball machine....remember him breaking thourgh and being labelled the new Drogba, dont make me laugh. He will always get goals but isnt fit to lace Drogbas boots. Such fees for a player with so many flaws in his game. I pull my hair out the amount of attacks we make that break down around him, we will never dominate consitantly enough for me with him as the front man.

Its weird, when Moyes was fired I was so for Klopp being the new manager. Now we are seeing Liverpool playing like a Utd side of 10-15years ago and seeing us play like a Liverpool side from the same period. I bet Mourinho isnt here in two seasons time, forgetting our youth players coming through I doubt more than a couple of the players mentioned above will be by the end of the subsequent season either

Melville

Martial needs to build up his mental strength. Also his off the ball movement needs to upgrade. He can't do same thing over and over then hope slot in starting lineup. His performance kinda stagnant for player who play for United.

ghagua

Makes me laugh when people stoop to insults because they don't possess the eloquence to discuss a well argued point.

You still haven't come up with a decent counter point yet. Jose brought in some competition to allow Martial to push himself and develop, he has failed to do that and decided to sulk instead. If he had already been at Sanchez's level, we would have never even considered bringing Sanchez in. He has one year remaining on his contract as June 2019, which means if we don't sell this summer, we'll have to sell for a reduced price next summer or risk losing him on a free.

Your contributions to this thread have been largely uninspiring but don't let me stop you from spouting nonsense, please do continue.
This is not an insult. Not everyone has the capacity to fully understand.

We probably had people surgically removed from LvG because they were so far up his a**. We can do the same for you when Mourinho is fired.

R o o K

Martial can go, he is lazy and uninterested. He thinks too much of himself. Get some good money and move on.

I wont shed a tear if he goes.

People need to understand that no one is bigger than the team.

maniwin

Not sure why he has got to remain ? He ain't Ronaldo , not even Tevez.

Flytan

It's funny how he's given a chance to perform against a relegation battling team and he has one of the worst games he's ever played. The kid is talented but the amount of obsession there is for him among the fan base is just pathetic. He's shown little/no passion for the club and has leaked stories about him going all season. He doesn't want to be here, don't see why you guys want him here so badly when he's barely progressed in years.

Mourinho may not be managing him to get the best from him but Martial isn't exactly winning any awards with the sulking and the inability to do anything besides run into defenders.

He's not a club legend. He has a few good goals for the club and that's it. I don't get the desperation.

crossy1686

career ending
This is not an insult. Not everyone has the capacity to fully understand.

We probably had people surgically removed from LvG because they were so far up his a**. We can do the same for you when Mourinho is fired.
It's a shame you can't contribute something meaningful to this thread. We're still waiting for you to explain who will replace Mourinho and what the clubs strategy will be moving forward. You seem to be basing your entire strategy around the club on keeping Martial happy and still, at no point, have you even bothered to explain why you think Martial is the answer to all the questions.

I'm sure you'll have fun supporting some second tier European side (or Chelsea) when Martial moves on eventually, just like those fans that left when Beckham or Ronaldo went to Madrid.

ghagua

It's a shame you can't contribute something meaningful to this thread. We're still waiting for you to explain who will replace Mourinho and what the clubs strategy will be moving forward. You seem to be basing your entire strategy around the club on keeping Martial happy and still, at no point, have you even bothered to explain why you think Martial is the answer to all the questions.

I'm sure you'll have fun supporting some second tier European side (or Chelsea) when Martial moves on eventually, just like those fans that left when Beckham or Ronaldo went to Madrid.
I have been supporting United before your parents ever thought about having you. I don't chase glory teams, that's what you seem to be doing. I don't have to answer shite. You're the one who responded to my post. I don't get paid to do make the decisions of the football club. Martial is not the only player looking to get out, there will be other players.

crossy1686

career ending
I have been supporting United before your parents ever thought about having you. I don't chase glory teams, that's what you seem to be doing. I don't have to answer shite. You're the one who responded to my post. I don't get paid to do make the decisions of the football club. Martial is not the only player looking to get out, there will be other players.
You're right, don't have to answer but I suspect that's because you don't have many answers and your reactions are 'knee-jerk' to a player apparently wanting to leave whom you believe to be potentially world-class. I, on the other hand, don't think he'll make it at United due to his attitude but whatever, each to his own.

You're right about one thing however, more players will want out and it's about time we got rid of some. If you're to believe the recent reports of 10 players being told they can leave, then we're in for a big summer. We've got too many players who are soft and don't have the right mentality to cut it at United. Since when did we become a charity that afforded players 3 to 4 seasons to 'come good'? Youth players excluded, we should be clearing out players who haven't progressed over a period of a couple of seasons, it's time to make an example of some.

Acole9

Outstanding
Our fans act like the world will end if he leaves, I don't want him to go but we've had bigger and better players than him leave, we'll be fine.

SoCross

It will be a shame to see the lad leave. If he wants to, he can but I think we should be making more of an effort to get him to stay. Having said that, I can only think of Stam as a player the club let go to end up regretting it. But that was during the Fergie years, Jose's yet to inspire the same level of confidence on his ability to gauge how good a young player is.

Think we will regret it if Martial leaves, will be a case of 'what could have been'.

padzilla

Hipster
It will be a shame to see the lad leave. If he wants to, he can but I think we should be making more of an effort to get him to stay. Having said that, I can only think of Stam as a player the club let go to end up regretting it. But that was during the Fergie years, Jose's yet to inspire the same level of confidence on his ability to gauge how good a young player is.

Think we will regret it if Martial leaves, will be a case of 'what could have been'.
I think we can add Ronaldo to that list too. We were never the same again after he left.

SillyUsername

I think we can add Ronaldo to that list too. We were never the same again after he left.
Difference is, Stam was pushed out and would've gladly stayed, Ronaldo spent 08-09 with his body in Manchester but his mind in Madrid. He was never going to stay but that's another discussion entirely.

My opinion, based on nothing concrete at all, is that Martial and Mourinho share the blame for his failure equally.

From Martial's point of view, he was the main man under LVG and the future of Manchester United. He had the number 9 shirt, second name on the team sheet after De Gea, playing 90 minutes every week and was the club's leading scorer. While the season for the club as a whole was complete shit, it was a great start for Martial and the future looked bright.

Then Mourinho comes in and starts playing games with him. Rotating in and out of the squad all the time, never completing 90 minutes because of an almost mandatory LW substitution every game, stupid comments in the media, especially last season. On top of that there's the ridiculous club decision to strip him of his number so that it could be given to an overrated 35 year old who clearly wasn't as important to the future of our club.

The reason Martial needs to share some of the blame here is because he could've responded to this BS by rolling his sleeves up and proving to Mourinho why so many fans hold him in such high regard. Instead, he's probably thought to himself something along the lines of: feck you Mourinho, I'll just go somewhere else where the manager actually wants me and won't feck me about.

Sadly, I think he's finished here. There'll be no shortage of takers from clubs in the CL and I think that with the right management and a bit of luck, he'll still become the player many of us thought he'd be 2 years ago.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Might as well throw Pogba on there as well, since they actually acted on that regret by spending a world record fee at the time. Now whether the regret was justified or not is another matter for some.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Didn't Rooney have his best season ever after Ronaldo left? I remember us being called a one man team (crazily) because of Ronnie, then being called it again because of Rooney afterwards.
We didn't replace players correctly though and did suffer not long after.

mu4c_20le

Didn't Rooney have his best season ever after Ronaldo left? I remember us being called a one man team (crazily) because of Ronnie, then being called it again because of Rooney afterwards.
Think that was the season he scored a ton of header goals

padzilla

Hipster
Yes it was a good season for Rooney but I think it is fair to say we were never close again to be the machine we were with Ronaldo in our ranks. What's interesting about Martial is that, like Ronaldo, he has not set the world alight in his first three seasons here and his first season was actually the best for him by some distance.
How many players have we signed that finally fulfilled their potential in their fourth season. Again Ronaldo is an interesting comparison here because Fergie got rid of RVN to rebuild his side's shape around the other players so the pace and power of Rooney and Ronaldo could be fully utilised.
You see it with Liverpool as well now - Salah, Firminho and Mane running at terrified defenders whereas every time Martial, Rashford or Sanchez are in an advanced position they take a touch to slow it down and play an easy, sensible pass back to a team mate instead of going for the jugular - I genuinely think that has to be down to coaching and will Jose advise them to lose the shackles this year? I am not so sure.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I've changed my mind on Martial.

I really want him to leave now, the reasoning for him staying was he had good potential but i have realised that if you totted up all the good moments it has probably mounted to 1 good game for us in 3 years. We just can't afford to have someone who is soo inconsistent if we want to serioisly challenge for the EPL next season.

I was totally against buying Bale for obvious reasons but if he gives us 2-3 years and we win the EPL then i think we should go for him as a replacement for Martial.

OldSchoolManc

I don’t think he has the work ethic to make it at a top team.
If a player is in and out of the team like he has been, they should be absolutely busting a gut to prove themselves.
He has showed very little when given chances lately and that was against supposedly poor teams.

edgar allan

Yes it was a good season for Rooney but I think it is fair to say we were never close again to be the machine we were with Ronaldo in our ranks. What's interesting about Martial is that, like Ronaldo, he has not set the world alight in his first three seasons here and his first season was actually the best for him by some distance.
How many players have we signed that finally fulfilled their potential in their fourth season. Again Ronaldo is an interesting comparison here because Fergie got rid of RVN to rebuild his side's shape around the other players so the pace and power of Rooney and Ronaldo could be fully utilised.
You see it with Liverpool as well now - Salah, Firminho and Mane running at terrified defenders whereas every time Martial, Rashford or Sanchez are in an advanced position they take a touch to slow it down and play an easy, sensible pass back to a team mate instead of going for the jugular - I genuinely think that has to be down to coaching and will Jose advise them to lose the shackles this year? I am not so sure.
The problem is that Martial is nowhere near the player of any of the 4 players you have mentioned
I've changed my mind on Martial.

I really want him to leave now, the reasoning for him staying was he had good potential but i have realised that if you totted up all the good moments it has probably mounted to 1 good game for us in 3 years. We just can't afford to have someone who is soo inconsistent if we want to serioisly challenge for the EPL next season.

I was totally against buying Bale for obvious reasons but if he gives us 2-3 years and we win the EPL then i think we should go for him as a replacement for Martial.
We have enough injury prone players at the club without adding another to the physios list.