Martial has got to remain at United | No, he hasn't been unfollowing United players on Instagram

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The same people trying to have a go at Martial for supposedly childish and unacceptable behavior are the same ones all up in arm wanting Williams to come here after the stupid stunts he's been pulling while also disrespecting his manager. Of course they turn a blind eye because Mourinho wants him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The same people trying to have a go at Martial for supposedly childish and unacceptable behavior are the same ones all up in arm wanting Williams to come here after the stupid stunts he's been pulling while also disrespecting his manager. Of course they turn a blind eye because Mourinho wants him.
Don't want Willian and not a fan of Mourinho. Martial is still acting like a child.

Edit: looks like he hasn't.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm going by what was said in this thread but apparently he hasn't.
Stuff about him unfollowing United players is nonsense. He does delete his Instagram posts every year but people were up in arms last year too and it meant nothing. I think he's just a private person and doesn't want stuff kept out there longer than necessary.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Stuff about him unfollowing United players is nonsense. He does delete his Instagram posts every year but people were up in arms last year too and it meant nothing. I think he's just a private person and doesn't want stuff kept out there longer than necessary.
I edited my post. Can't remember that he's done it before though.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Look, I really like Mourinho but the football in parts this season wasn't good enough. Think I should have worded my initial post better. He needs to deliver next season.

Back to Martial.

acnumber9

Started as RW, yes. A position every dog and their nan know, he is not suited to.
He lost his place effectively with Sanchez' arrival.
Boo fecking hoo. Ryan Giggs, a much better player than Martial, regularly played on the right in his early days when Lee Sharpe played. Guess what happened. He didn’t sulk like a little child.

acnumber9

So you're saying he faked the injury? What a load of nonsense. Him being out of the Palace and Pool games was an entire month before RMC said he rejected the contract and was before contract talks even resumed.

Timeline
23rd Feb: RMC says contract talks halted around December with the club not sending an offer for renewal. Arrival of Alexis Sanchez appeared to block talks and Martial interrupted purchase of house he found in Manchester due to uncertain future.
25th Feb: Started v Chelsea in the league, got an assist.
5th March: Left out of Crystal Palace with thigh injury.
7th March: Contract talks to resume.
10th March: Left out of Liverpool with thigh injury.
13th March: Gets 13 minutes off the bench v Sevilla when we're losing.
31st March: Unused substitute v Swansea.
7th April: Unused substitute v City.
10th April: RMC says Martial rejects new contract.

Maybe he was actually injured?
Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn’t. He’s pulled out of games last minute on a few occasions so there’s certainly grounds to question it. Do you believe that he’s behaving like a committed professional.

SirAF

Ageist
Look, I really like Mourinho but the football in parts this season wasn't good enough. Think I should have worded my initial post better. He needs to deliver next season.

Back to Martial.
:eek:

Sorry, I can’t stop :p

Gotta push for the title next season, yeah.

Silas

Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn’t. He’s pulled out of games last minute on a few occasions so there’s certainly grounds to question it. Do you believe that he’s behaving like a committed professional.
There are no grounds whatsoever. You're just making shit up.

acnumber9

There are no grounds whatsoever. You're just making shit up.
He hasn’t pulled out of games at the last minute before? He did it on the last day against Watford and how did Rashford make his debut?

Apokalips

:lol:
Guess Martial lover need to find another excuse for their lovely one.
Paul Scholes once refused to play and risked the wrath of Fergie - he went on to become a legend (and my favourite player). Giggsy sleeping with his brother's wife but who cares, he didn't sulk when played out of position. Meanwhile, Martial is horrible for sulking (of which we have no actual evidence). We should all be hoping that he goes on to one day truly be mentioned in the same breath as these guys...he's one of ours, we need to support our boys a bit more and be measured and constructive in our criticisms IMO.

This is why I get frustrated with this social media age in sports where every little thing is over analysed and compared to the "good old days" in an almost disingenuous manner. Not to mention the irony in people calling players childish while fighting and labeling each other Martial lovers and haters, it's so hard to find balance here at the moment just rabid overreaction and hyperbole.

Silas

He hasn’t pulled out of games at the last minute before? He did it on the last day against Watford and how did Rashford make his debut?
You were talking about him pulling out for illegitimate reasons and now you're bringing up a game from two years ago, where he was injured in the warmup. Come on.

Damien

Staff
He was clearly injured in warm up for Rashford's debut, and you seriously think he pulled out of the game against Watford with a fake injury? Mourinho would have called him out on it if he didn't believe it was genuine.

flappyjay

He was clearly injured in warm up for Rashford's debut, and you seriously think he pulled out of the game against Watford with a fake injury? Mourinho would have called him out on it if he didn't believe it was genuine.
Also why would he pullout of games when he was in desperate need of minutes to try impress the France coach

acnumber9

I doubt we’ll ever know. It felt a bit convenient at the time though. It’s biased by the fact I have questions over Martial’s commitment obviously. You didn’t answer my question about whether you think he’s been a committed professional.

acnumber9

Paul Scholes once refused to play and risked the wrath of Fergie - he went on to become a legend (and my favourite player). Giggsy sleeping with his brother's wife but who cares, he didn't sulk when played out of position. Meanwhile, Martial is horrible for sulking (of which we have no actual evidence). We should all be hoping that he goes on to one day truly be mentioned in the same breath as these guys...he's one of ours, we need to support our boys a bit more and be measured and constructive in our criticisms IMO.

This is why I get frustrated with this social media age in sports where every little thing is over analysed and compared to the "good old days" in an almost disingenuous manner. Not to mention the irony in people calling players childish while fighting and labeling each other Martial lovers and haters, it's so hard to find balance here at the moment just rabid overreaction and hyperbole.
What Ryan Giggs did didn’t affect his performances on the pitch. He was also a much better player than Martial.

Damien

Staff
I doubt we’ll ever know. It felt a bit convenient at the time though. It’s biased by the fact I have questions over Martial’s commitment obviously. You didn’t answer my question about whether you think he’s been a committed professional.
He had issues in his personal life last season but this season from what we know and aren't assuming, yeah. Start of season he was being rotated in and out of lineup, mostly being sub despite his performances off the bench and did well. Even after Sanchez came in and Martial was moved to the right, did he complain once about it publicly? No. You've said he is not a committed professional based on:
  • an assumption from you that because he's missed games via injury, that the injuries were faked by him and that the fake injuries were done around the time he rejected a new contract despite the timeline clearly showing that he rejected a contract a month after he was actually injured.
  • a lie from nemanja15 about him unfollowing United players on Instagram, which you called Martial a 'twat' who does 'childish nonsense' instead of actually looking and seeing if it was true first.
His performances have deteriorated - along with most of our players - as the season went on but he has still been trying in those games, like against Chelsea, despite his passes and stuff mostly going wrong except for that corner for Pogba.

There has been no girlfriend/ex drama, and his agent hasn't been mouthing off in the media this season. Compared to last season it is night and day. Just because he doesn't smile and hasn't signed a new contract doesn't mean he hasn't been acting professionally. Willian with the interviews slagging off Conte and the Instagram post blanking out Conte is an example of someone who isn't being professional.

If Mourinho wasn't happy with Martial's behaviour at the club, he'd have berated him publicly about it. Instead, he even said good words about him several times this season.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's quite unbelievable that @Damien has had to put the clarification in the thread title. People do believe the worst here. Another example was that 11 page thread over a Kevin Palmer tweet.

edgar allan

I don’t know where you get this. He looks clever when a defender is high up with space in behind. He is brilliant using that situation. When the defense is set and deep, he quickly runs out of ideas when wide. He’s good at one twos and interplay more centrally, but he doesn’t look too versatile or clever otherwise.

He’s a young player and that’s all okay. Ronaldo had similar problems early on at United. Martial will probably grow into a more complete attacker and may show more intelligence.

Until then, putting him on the level of Mata and Sanchez, two seasoned players known for their intelligence, doesn’t really hold up to what we all see.
Can we please stop with the references back to Sanchez's performances for previous clubs and seasons when he actually played like the player that you refer to.

Martial had a mixed season for sure but compared to how Sanchez has played he has been a colossus.

Last edited:

acnumber9

He had issues in his personal life last season but this season from what we know and aren't assuming, yeah. Start of season he was being rotated in and out of lineup, mostly being sub despite his performances off the bench and did well. Even after Sanchez came in and Martial was moved to the right, did he complain once about it publicly? No. You've said he is not a committed professional based on:
  • an assumption from you that because he's missed games via injury, that the injuries were faked by him and that the fake injuries were done around the time he rejected a new contract despite the timeline clearly showing that he rejected a contract a month after he was actually injured.
  • a lie from nemanja15 about him unfollowing United players on Instagram, which you called Martial a 'twat' who does 'childish nonsense' instead of actually looking and seeing if it was true first.
His performances have deteriorated - along with most of our players - as the season went on but he has still been trying in those games, like against Chelsea, despite his passes and stuff mostly going wrong except for that corner for Pogba.

There has been no girlfriend/ex drama, and his agent hasn't been mouthing off in the media this season. Compared to last season it is night and day. Just because he doesn't smile and hasn't signed a new contract doesn't mean he hasn't been acting professionally. Willian with the interviews slagging off Conte and the Instagram post blanking out Conte is an example of someone who isn't being professional.

If Mourinho wasn't happy with Martial's behaviour at the club, he'd have berated him publicly about it. Instead, he even said good words about him several times this season.
Well if it wasn’t true then I was wrong to label him a twat for it. I have doubts about his commitment. Whether they’re legitimate or not remains to be seen.

As for checking to see if something is true or not. Perhaps you should’ve done the same when you were telling us that Martial was sent home before the game against Watford.

nemanja15

First bold - many apologies on this. It was never my intention to deliberately mislead or add fuel to the fire, rather I saw loads of United players still followed him and he followed none back. I follow him and there definitely was a time when he was following a lot of our squad... but put two and two together and got five.

Second bold - no doubt this had a big part to play in 16/17 but we don't know everything that goes on and can have no idea what the state of play is with his ex, etc. His agent has definitely been in the press through Feb/March time though murkying the waters somewhat.

FWIW, I love Martial and want him to stay, think he's our most naturally talented attacker.

Eleven-Eighteen

I can't quote that image of Martial's Insta yet, but...Damn! The guy seems to have strong emotions associated with his time at United and his upcoming departure from the club. He's definitely leaving and feels strongly about it, one way or another. No one would undertake such a massive purge for any other reason

stu_1992

I can't quote that image of Martial's Insta yet, but...Damn! The guy seems to have strong emotions associated with his time at United and his upcoming departure from the club. He's definitely leaving and feels strongly about it, one way or another. No one would undertake such a massive purge for any other reason
Did you miss the part where it was clarified that he didn't undertake a massive purge? It's on this very page. Don't believe everything you read.

Eleven-Eighteen

Did you miss the part where it was clarified that he didn't undertake a massive purge? It's on this very page. Don't believe everything you read.
If you actually verify his Insta for yourself you'll see that it's blank...what does that tell you?

stu_1992

If you actually verify his Insta for yourself you'll see that it's blank...what does that tell you?
Nothing to be honest. :lol: As @Damien in the post at the top of the page, he did this after last season too. And what happened then? Also he didn't unfollow anyone, he was already only following the 6 same accounts. He just deleted his posts.

He hasn't unfollowed anyone. Look at this archive from January. He still followed the same 6 people then. Him unfollowing people is 'fake news'. All he's done is delete all his posts - same thing he did last summer and last summer he made it clear he wasn't leaving the club on several occasions. It is just a 'tradition' he does.
Anyway, I don't know why I'm bothering to discuss someone's Instagram ffs.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Most Damien thread title ever.