Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I'm going to comment on this in the same way he plays for us....... something something door, arse, what was I saying...... zzzzzzzzz

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We should offer Martial, Maguire, AWB, McT, Pogba, Mata, Matic and Jesse as a package to Newcastle. For the right price we can throw McShane, Grant and Jones for free.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I hope he goes to Newcastle. They need a statement signing to kick off their new regime. The only way to do that is to fork out a big fee. A cool 50m should do it.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Shame it didnt work out as the potential was there but he just didnt apply himself for whatever reasons.
Best for both parties he leaves.
Exactly. As more coaches want to implement higher intensity tactics, he is either going to have to completely change his attitude and work ethic, or go somewhere where his laziness can be accommodated. But not at OT.

KeanoMagicHat

I never got the hate towards him, just because of his body language it seemed mostly, Martial could be a sensational player on his day and overall he was a good player for us. Not a great one and couldn’t take the next step up. But still a good player and good luck to him.

hungrywing

We should offer Martial, Maguire, AWB, McT, Pogba, Mata, Matic and Jesse as a package to Newcastle. For the right price we can throw McShane, Grant and Jones for free.
Or, in late night informercial/retail terms:

One Pogba for the low low price of just 59.99m and you get a Lingard free! At no extra charge! But that’s not all! Act now and you’ll also get a complimentary limited edition Martial figurine! But THAT’s not all either!…

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Who else would pay the 30-40 million we should hope to get? I don't see any point of selling him for less than that. We should then hope for him to hit a purple patch and then sell him for a decent fee to whoever is desperate then.
Plenty of clubs would pay £40m for him,I doubt he would ever go to a club near the bottom of the table.
I could see Roma, Inter, Atletico, Sevilla after selling a certain defender perhaps, all after him for that cash.

Gandalf

Martial and Lingard can smell a tasty Newcastle payday coming their way. Neither will be missed but I'm not sure I like the idea of us saving them from relegation and sparking their rise.
Martial and Lingard will add nothing to a relegation fight so no fears there, Lingard seems set on going back to West Ham anyway and Newcastle don't need a sicknote striker who puts in a shift 1 game out 5, they need an entirely new back 4 that can produce some semblance of a competent defence.

led_scholes

He is one of the most talented players we had the last 10 years. Unfortunately, something went wrong. He won't be missed but it is sad to see him go.

kps88

I hope he goes to Newcastle. They need a statement signing to kick off their new regime. The only way to do that is to fork out a big fee. A cool 50m should do it.
Would he even be much of a statement signing? Someone not needed by his club and who hasn't played well in ages.

He's also the last sort of player I would want when in a relegation scrap. I think we'll sell him cheap to a club in Italy or France.

hungrywing

So this confirms it then — he has no clue about football.
Uh, I just won the Superbowl, thank you very much. I think I have a clue. - J. Glaze

He’s our Pele. - Also J. Glaze

On a more serious note, I thought the entire caf had it agonizingly seared into their psyches that Joel Glazer not just compared but equated Martial to Pele.

RedDevilMachine

Could see him going to Arsenal if they can afford his wages and transfer fee, such an Arsenal type of signing, self-entitled, sulky and lazy player. He will probably end up in Serie A and kill it there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Uh, I just won the Superbowl, thank you very much. I think I have a clue. - J. Glaze

He’s our Pele. - Also J. Glaze

On a more serious note, I thought the entire caf had it agonizingly seared into their psyches that Joel Glazer not just compared but equated Martial to Pele.
Martial and a few of our fans probably lapped that right up too.

hungrywing

Martial and a few of our fans probably lapped that right up too.
Yep.

That and the subsequent 250k/w Woodsplat/Judge masterclass in How to Overpay and Highlight to Your Competitors Just How Incompetent and Desperate You Are happened right before Martial started reaaaally getting ‘lazy’.

Nickelodeon

Plenty of clubs would pay £40m for him,I doubt he would ever go to a club near the bottom of the table.
I could see Roma, Inter, Atletico, Sevilla after selling a certain defender perhaps, all after him for that cash.
Doubt it. Even if they weren't skint, which I think all of them are (barring Atletico who have a surplus of forwards), I don't see them spending 40 million on him.

Also, Jose's Roma. Really?

el3mel

IMO, he's easily one of the most overrated players I have seen in United shirt.

Good player but he's not as half good as his fans here were making him out to be.

Giggsy13

Ideally we can get rid of Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Mata and Jones to facilitate a move for a CM and RB in January. That will also give us a platform to purchase another CM and striker next summer when Cavani leaves. Some progressive thinking and bold moves are needed.

Kylar Stern

Theres a great player in there, but he’s literally shown no effort on the pitch to actually be that player. Its time for him to go and meander around the 18 yard box somewhere else

Scholsey2004

Fine by me. He's another Pogba, plays for a contract and when he gets it loses interest. He's sympomatic of the problems this club has had post Ferguson. Too many big contracts handed out to players who havent earned them.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
IMO, he's easily one of the most overrated players I have seen in United shirt.

Good player but he's not as half good as his fans here were making him out to be.
Agreed.

Devil may care

Eddie Howe has unzipped.......

I like Martial, when in form he's a joy to watch but he's just not progressed enough and now seems like a good time to move on.

luke511

The only player to wear an oversized raincoat to every training session, please send him to Newcastle :lol:

Oranges038

Good.

He's been stealing a living off the club for far too long. That day he was standing around against Sheffield United with everyone else running around him should have been the last time he ever played for the club.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Would he even be much of a statement signing? Someone not needed by his club and who hasn't played well in ages.

He's also the last sort of player I would want when in a relegation scrap. I think we'll sell him cheap to a club in Italy or France.
City's statement signings weren't really all that at the very start of their takeover either. The likes of Jo, Roque Santa Cruz, Robinho, Adebayor.

I could see Martial being their Robinho.

You're definitely right about him not being the right player for their situation at all.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ideally we can get rid of Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Mata and Jones to facilitate a move for a CM and RB in January. That will also give us a platform to purchase another CM and striker next summer when Cavani leaves. Some progressive thinking and bold moves are needed.
Big time. Squad definitely needs streamlining. With the right 2 or 3 players in and about 5 out and a lot of loans I think we would get better value for money and a more productive and resilient squad.

TheRedHearted

If we got the Martial of 17/18, or honestly even half of him last season we could have honestly won the league. Massive shame, but I always supported the guy and he was with us through some dire times, can't say he was ever in a side that was firing on all cylinders. Similar to Pogba in that sense (although I Imagine most people rate Pogba as a better success here, although coming here more established).

I wish you well Antony and the move makes the most sense for us as we are so top heavy in attack and weaker at central defensive midfield.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Elanga's emergence, Ronnie & Sancho arriving... it had to happen at some point.

Cavani & Jesse next ?

Threesus

Did anyone really find out what happened to him last year? Man went from looking like he will take a step or 2 forward after the 19/20 season to not even be able to do anything.

Such a waste of talent. Hope Marcus doesn’t go the same way.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Get 30-40m and let him leave. We need to invest somewhere else

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We need to make sure Newcastle stay up. They are the only club stupid enough to take our cast offs as that's where they are right now in their project.

If we can get £40-50m for Martial and Jesse combined in January let them both go.

Status
Not open for further replies.