Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurtej

Send to Dortmund, they will want a stricter….

get Jude…. Not Halland ….

wouldn’t that be nice

yamo123x

2 points

1/ Good riddance, talent completely wasted because of pure arrogance and laziness.

2/Make sure we get at least 30mill, 40mill if Newcastle

Chief123

Tbh, we won't even realise he's gone. It's like finding a high value antique in your loft and getting a nice lump sum for something you didn't need. I would have been gutted to lose him under Jose, but we've seen enough opportunities for him to know that he will most likely always be a talented player with poor workrate and attitude. He's likely to go on and do what he has done at Utd with another club....moments of brilliance with plenty of laziness and drifting out of games.

I've never forgotten the comments of a coach who was close to Martial at Monaco when he first came to Utd. It was something along the lines of Martial is very talented and got great potential but his biggest challenge and potential downfall will be his mindset and attitude.

Sviken

Ship him to Newcastle or some kind of a swap deal with Barcelona

Will be really sad to see him go because he’s a great talent and has some great moments in our shirt. Still held out hope he could rediscover his best form because he’s unplayable at his best. Still think he’s a better player than Rashford when he’s on form but unfortunately we haven’t seen enough of that in the past 18 months. Wish him well if he does move on and I hope he proves some doubters wrong.
Just like Adnan did :lol:

Seriously, if a player leaves United, why would you possibly want them to be ace elsewhere?

bosskeano

he can fck right off and leave in january....he's been an absolute waste of talent and doesn't deserve to wear our kit

it won't be easy finding a suitor though as he can't go to Italy as that style doesn't suit him, the spanish clubs are fuking broke so it seems like the only place for him to go is Germany.

Other than Dormund, who have expressed interest in him before, who else would want him or have the funds to buy him?

we may be able to get only 25m for him if we're lucky

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
A shame as he clearly has the talent and I liked him a lot when he arrived at the club.
But he has played so little now for ages that I don‘t even notice when he is not in the match day squads anymore so it won‘t really matter at the end.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I wonder if he will still feel this way when he sees the contract offers prospective clubs will be willing to sign him under.

hungrywing

Lindelof is a member too, right?
If you want, just quietly add his name to the list when no one’s looking and hope the founding members are too busy counting their money to care.

(Personally I think Victor would be okay to have around on squad player wages)

Dazzmondo

See u then. Reckon it's Newcastle? I could see Martial being the type to just be fueled by money despite what his agent has said.

kps88

His latest injury sounded a bit fishy. Don't think he's arsed to play for us anymore.

His last contract was a joke. Got offered it a day after we sacked Jose and had no permanent manager. Whoever authorised that should be held to account but I wouldn't hold my breath.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Wait a minute! Wasn't Mourinho unanimously declared scum of the earth for trying to get rid of this fecker and bringing in a proper functional player in Perisic?

bosskeano

Selling Martial and Lingard would be a great way to continue cleaning up the deadwood within this club that Ole started

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wait a minute! Wasn't Mourinho unanimously declared scum of the earth for trying to get rid of this fecker and bringing in a proper functional player in Perisic?
I'd have Martial over Perisic every single day.

Telsim

Long overdue this. Had 2 good seasons and that's it. Disappointing for his crazy price tag at the time. Him and Lingard have to be offloaded this transfer window.

KingCavani

Had one training session which he pulled out of and then hands in a transfer request.

He really didn’t want to press.

:lol:

KingCavani

I'd have Martial over Perisic every single day.
In terms of their form over the last 5 years it’s not even close. Perisic has been the far, far better player. Been a key part of CL winning squads, Bundesliga winning squads and Serie A winning squads. A fantastic, versatile player who would have brought so much to the club. Ridiculed by our fanbase as the Balkan Ashley Young.

Robindinho

Probably realised he'd now have to run after a couple of training sessions under Ralf and wanted none of it. Sums him up.

Sell him and Lingard in January, bring in a midfielder.

OmarUnited4ever

2.5 good seasons only, last season atrocious.

Will not be missed, hopefully we can get a decent fee for him.

I was once a big fan of him, so until late last season I held some hope for him, but now no more.

Ace of Spades

Makes sense, not going to get much game time, and for us opens a squad place and removes his wages.

Before incoming, we need to take care of outgoing signings first. Should have cashed in on Pogba and Lingard as well, they may well be going for free which is dumb from us.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's a shame it didn't work out. All I can think to state in his defence is that he was here in a poor period for the club generally, under a few coaches who to varying degrees mismanaged many players including Martial.

All of that said he has not been consistently good enough, he doesn't look as if he's worked hard enough and what looks to be his potential contribution as of now won't be missed one iota. I hope we get a good deal for him and that both player and club can move on as soon as possible.

Nickelodeon

No chance he goes to Newcastle.

The guy could walk into most second tier Champions League clubs, certainly any Italian clubs, why would he even contemplate going to Newcastle.
Who else would pay the 30-40 million we should hope to get? I don't see any point of selling him for less than that. We should then hope for him to hit a purple patch and then sell him for a decent fee to whoever is desperate then.

Status
Not open for further replies.