Martin Atkinson

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Offside again?:lol:

He's having a bit of a nightmare.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's got no consistancy in the way he dishes out yellows.

And the amount of small, simple decisions he gets wrong (free-kicks, different decisions for similar situations, clear throw-ins) are infuriating. Also doesn't understand the flow of the game at all. I'd hate to play a match with him reffing.

Pretty much the poorest in the Prem, easily.

Sam

He's an absolute wanker. You can always tell the refs that players like and the ones that they can't stand.

And its pretty clear, they all think this guy is a cnut.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
So inconsistent in his decision making. I didn't mind the yellows he dished out, but he missed challenges deserving of a yellow at least 3 times.

Some might say the offside goal was an issue, but that was a tough one.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Mario commits the same foul twice and get's a yellow. You got to laugh at his logic. One moment he thinks holding someone back isn't a booking and the next he does. Not even hard decisions.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Mario commits the same foul twice and get's a yellow. You got to laugh at his logic. One moment he thinks holding someone back isn't a booking and the next he does. Not even hard decisions.
Plus he had two fouls before his yellow.

Consistency would've had Mario off, same with Allen and Fellaini.

Coward of a ref.

Sylar

He guesses decisions. Like the time he guessed Chelsea scored in the FA cup final when it didnt cross the line but still gave it. Hes a terrible referee and doesnt have consistency within a single game nevermind throughout the season.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He's got no consistancy in the way he dishes out yellows.

And the amount of small, simple decisions he gets wrong (free-kicks, different decisions for similar situations, clear throw-ins) are infuriating. Also doesn't understand the flow of the game at all. I'd hate to play a match with him reffing.

Pretty much the poorest in the Prem, easily.
He does tbf.

Foul committed.

Was the foul on a Chelsea or Liverpool player ?

If yes, proceed to "book Untied player"
If no, proceed to "book United player"

izec

way too card happy, if you give for every sliding tackle a yellow from the beginning, you cant keep it up. Thought the Evans yellow was harsh, Joe Allen and Balotelli were lucky today. The number of times he got throw ins and fouls/no fouls wrong was shocking.

dev1l

Plus he had two fouls before his yellow.

Consistency would've had Mario off, same with Allen and Fellaini.

Coward of a ref.
why fellaini should have been sent off? I thought he committed only one bookable offence, which he was rightly yellow carded for early in the game.

bleedred

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31586980

Martin Atkinson: Referee 'needs break after incompetent display
Martin Atkinson needs a rest after his "incompetent" officiating display in Chelsea's 1-1 draw with Burnley, says former referees' chief Keith Hackett.

Saturday's game was Atkinson's 32nd of season and came fewer than 72 hours after he took charge of Real Madrid's Champions League win at Schalke.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho said Atkinson got four key decisions wrong.

Hackett said: "Champions League games are tiring. Martin should have been given an additional day to recover."

Atkinson sent off Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic for pushing Ashley Barnes to the ground in the 70th minute of Saturday's game.

Mourinho silent on four key 'moments'

But Hackett said Barnes had already made two challenges worthy of red cards.

Having not been sanctioned for an aerial clash with Branislav Ivanovic, the Burnley forward caught Matic on his left shin with his studs showing, prompting the Serb's angry response.

Barnes will face no disciplinary action by the Football Association for the challenge on Matic.

The Serb, however, will miss Sunday's Capital One Cup final against Tottenham unless Chelsea successfully appeal against a three-match suspension.

Hackett said Atkinson's performance was "one of the worst" he has seen, adding: "It was an incompetent display.

"I feel sorry for the Chelsea player because he has reacted to a leg-breaking challenge. Never mind a cup final, that could have cost him his career.

"There is no place in the game for challenges like that and it should have been punished."

Atkinson has refereed more Premier League games than any other official this season.

Hackett added: "Send Martin to a hotel somewhere, just as Liverpool did with Raheem Sterling."

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers let Sterling spend time in Jamaicalast month after detecting signs of fatigue in the 20-year-old forward.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Why does this cnut still manage our games vs Chelsea? It's a farce.

Golden Nugget

He's not biased, he's just awful. I don't watch him in other games, but every game he officiates for us is awful. No consistency in his fouls and yellow cards at all.

justboy68

He hasn't fecked us over too badly yet but he's just easing himself into the game. Got going a bit as the half wore on with some of the yellows he was dishing out. Expect him to be a real game changer in the second half and earn his pay. Herrera has gotten away with a lot, but as he was playing like a hatchet man all half Martin got him confused with David Luiz and let him off.

Ryan7

I'm surprised he didn't send Herrera off going by his usual performances in United v Chelsea games. Maybe because it's not at the Bridge.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think he helped us a lot actually. Martial should see yellow card for the dive, Young too for Hazard situation, and Schneiderlin would get red from few refs in premierleague actually.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Who is this punk? Having a laugh and joke after that. That's 2 penalties he could easily have given.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hated him ever since the Chelsea match in 2010/11. Unsurprising to see nothing has changed since.