Martin Atkinson

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He is the worst ref in the league. Looks like a creep of a man who has no friends too.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Even after stupidly blowing your whistle... How the feck do you not send someone off for denying a goal scoring opportunity when the striker has gone on to score a fecking goal!?! The work is literally been done for you... he really must be some special kind of idiot.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Even after stupidly blowing your whistle... How the feck do you not send someone off for denying a goal scoring opportunity when the striker has gone on to score a fecking goal!?! The work is literally been done for you... he really must be some special kind of idiot.
:lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Terrible terrible decision, I'm lost for words. This guy has been consistently shit for years and yet he still officiates games at the highest level. He must be blackmailing someone high up. Unbelievable what he did to Sunderland...

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
That Altidore is a right lump though. Atkinson probably thought there was no way he'd finish the chance.

hp88

He just denied a goal to Sunderland that had crossed the line to give a freekick for a foul on Jozy Altidore, the would-be goalscorer. How does this man have a job?
Just saw this, the most incompetent ref in the league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Someone in the fa must have lost lost a bet and made him a premier league ref. I can't wrap my head around how a guy can make so many awful awful decisions and still continue. It's like they're playing some sort of terrible joke on everyone, sort of a "guess who still referred football matches? THIS guy!" (?Camera pans to Atkinson destroying the minds of another football team through an inspiring decision involving buffoonery)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Would have done us a favor to send off Fellaini. Will count that mistake against him as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
First of all he let play wave on when Rooney got hit by an artic lorry, and then When Mccarthy basically sweet chin music's Fellaini's head off he somehow gives the foul the over way.

Sometimes I really do wonder what people see?.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
he seemed to spend the first 30mins yesterday letting everything go.

Awful ref.

kps88

You could tell from the first ten minutes he was going to have an awful game. Of course, Martin Tyler kept praising him for letting the game flow.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's quite simply the worst referee in the league.

Nothing he does surprises me anymore.

Sam

Only half watching MOTD, but was Atkinson smiling like a Cheshire cat when showing that Stoke player (Whelan?) a red card? It looked very unprofessional to me.

lysglimt

Scout
it was a ridiculous sending off for Whelan at least - not quite in the "Wes Brown-class" but still....

Sam

He's absolutely gagging to send one of our players off today. At the rate he's going I wouldn't be surprised if he sent a couple off.

Nice of his linesman to see this bias, and try and even out the score a bit, mind :smirk:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's absolutely gagging to send one of our players off today. At the rate he's going I wouldn't be surprised if he sent a couple off.

Nice of his linesman to see this bias, and try and even out the score a bit, mind :smirk:
To be honest, all deserved yellows.

Revan

Assumptionman
All deserved yellows (Evans might be a bit debatbale though). No complains from me.

The linesman made a mistake on the second goal, but it was extremely difficult to see that RVP touchd the ball.

nemanja15

Evans was no way a yellow and he should have booked a couple of their players breaking our play up around the halfway line if he is to be seen as 'consistent'. Infuriating refereeing.