Film Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
There's actually a bit of connectivity that marvel is known for in this and they've been hinting heavily at X-Men (plus Kamala khan is a mutant). They do those two things right and they should have a film that at the very least, the fans will like.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We are truly in for a great year of original cinema in 2024!

Christ, sequels and prequels.
I'm only interested in Furiosa and Alien Romulus, two films who's worlds I have a deep fondness for.
Hopefully both hit them out of the park, more so the latter. About time we got a good Alien film.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Christ, sequels and prequels.
I'm only interested in Furiosa and Alien Romulus, two films who's worlds I have a deep fondness for.
Hopefully both hit them out of the park, more so the latter. About time we got a good Alien film.
Hear hear.

Had no idea a new film was coming. Hopefully not related to the Prometheus/covenant :nervous:

caid

4 movies in that list i'm interested in. 2 of them will probably be junk too. All of them sequels in one way or another.

The biggest shock for me is that there's been two previous Venom movies already. I didn't even realise it was a popular franchise.

Also for the LOTR nerds, what's Rohirrim?
They're the horse, viking kind of people. Helms Deep from the 2nd movie is their home.

Tarrou

I only watch a marvel/DC film every few years or so when my nephew wants to go to the cinema, and they seem to be getting worse somehow

went to see Aquaman yesterday, feck my life it was bad

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
Nothing to do with superhero garbage as I'm mentally an adult but watched Scorsese's The Last Waltz today and despite not being a fan of the band it really is the greatest concert film I've seen