Gaming Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

lawliet354

Finished this today, my God what an outstanding game. Not only was it tons of fun, but the storyline and especially all the characters were really well done. This was better written than any superhero movie I’ve ever watched. I’m sad that it’s come to an end.
One of the best games I've played in recent years for sure, I hope this will make Marvel take their gaming industry more seriously

Jev

So everyone recommends it? Looking for something after RDR2 and it's only £29 on amazon right now.
Definitely recommended, especially if you've played and liked the Batman Arkham games (though this one is not as good as those in my opinion). If you're still to play God of War, get that instead, as it's miles better.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Definitely recommended, especially if you've played and liked the Batman Arkham games (though this one is not as good as those in my opinion). If you're still to play God of War, get that instead, as it's miles better.
Course I've played GoW. :)

Just ordered this there!

ovoxo

The season pass is on offer on the PS store for anyone interested! I think it’s £11.99

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Finished this today. I'm actually a bit shocked at how good it was. Like, it was seriously, seriously good. I'd argue that even if it wasn't a brilliantly fun game the story and characters alone are way better than most superhero films.

redspoony

So yesterday I finished Red Dead 2 and an hour later booted this up.

That was a mistake. I'm sure it's a great game but after Red Dead it feels VERY flat.

Will give it a month of getting back into FIFA and others then come back to it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

That was a mistake. I'm sure it's a great game but after Red Dead it feels VERY flat.

It was the opposite for me. I also jumped into this after Red Dead except it was a refreshing change for me. For one, I actually loved it's combat unlike RDR2 whose gameplay/combat was wank. Of course it's nowhere in the same stratosphere when it comes to many things, but I loved it off the back of RDR2.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
One of the best games I've ever played, so much fun, onto the Dlc now.

arthurka

It was the opposite for me. I also jumped into this after Red Dead except it was a refreshing change for me. For one, I actually loved it's combat unlike RDR2 whose gameplay/combat was wank. Of course it's nowhere in the same stratosphere when it comes to many things, but I loved it off the back of RDR2.
Same here RDR2 got really really long towards the end for me. Spidey felt really fresh straight after a lot of walking, running and horse riding.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Spider-Man > Boring 500hr old timey life simulator

PES > FIFA cartoon Top Trump nonsense.

el3mel

I don't get this. Both are completely different games and Spiderman isn't supposed to be as big as RDR2 to make it feel flat.

After I finished RDR2 I returned to Spiderman for about 3 days to finish some side contents and still enjoyed it a lot.

You should enjoy each game as it's meant to be regardless of what you played previously. Each game is a different experience.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Are any of the DLC worth it? I find they rarely are.
I've only just started playing the first one. Tbh I don't normally buy DLCs either but it was on offer and I really love the game so bought it. I love the combat, swinging around and collecting stuff like the suits. I wouldn't say the Dlc is anything groundbreaking but it's more content on a game I really enjoy. So if you liked the main game and want some more I would say go ahead.

Finished the story mode last night. Overall I've had immense fun with the game and will continue to do so with regards to doing various side missions while collecting all the creatively impressive Spidey suits.

TheBest

SPNTBP
May be I am the only who couldn't finish it. It started out pretty well, the traversing was amazing. Combat was great as well. But I lost interest in few days. Story was decent as well but for some reason just couldn't get into it. Traversing and combat got old very quickly. May be these type of games are not for me. Will try GOW now

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This game is dope! Scratches my open world do whatever the fcuk I feel like while stoned itched...

Sylar

I got this game end of 2018, but ive only just managed to play it. And managed to finish it within last few weeks around work. Loved it completely. One of the most fun games ive played in a long time.

I quite enjoyed the story mode especially once the prison break happened. The slow turn of Otto was brilliantly done.

Woodzy

I got this game end of 2018, but ive only just managed to play it. And managed to finish it within last few weeks around work. Loved it completely. One of the most fun games ive played in a long time.

I quite enjoyed the story mode especially once the prison break happened. The slow turn of Otto was brilliantly done.
Loved that. Changed the dynamic of the whole game. You'd be forgiven for thinking the game was nearly done before that point.

Sylar

Loved that. Changed the dynamic of the whole game. You'd be forgiven for thinking the game was nearly done before that point.

Id be happy if the movies did a similar storyline following the games storyline especially the the villain team ups.
I quite like the elements of controlling a character like Miles too as a little teaser.

Swinging around their version of NYC honestly never got old. I'm really excited to jump back in when Miles Morales comes out.
I realised I had wasted about half an hour at times, just swinging around, doing triple somersaults before swinging again (trying not to hit the ground).Or seeing how fast I could swing.

I manged to finish the story mode of the game at about 94% and am tempted to get to 100% as im so close and it will only require a few challengs, sable outposts and such to complete.

littlepeasoup

I manged to finish the story mode of the game at about 94% and am tempted to get to 100% as im so close and it will only require a few challengs, sable outposts and such to complete.
One of the few games I got the platinum trophy in, only because I couldn't put it down after the story ended. A few of the side-activities can get repetitive but the traversal and combat definitely helps keep things feeling fun and not boring.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I don’t buy many, but this was by far the best and most fun game I played on PS4.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

The part about Otto is the best thing indeed. They did it so well

Sylar

One of the few games I got the platinum trophy in, only because I couldn't put it down after the story ended. A few of the side-activities can get repetitive but the traversal and combat definitely helps keep things feeling fun and not boring.
Yeah just finished it - got 100%. Felt satisfying doing that, and getting the different suits and all powers on top.
It probably made it more fun that I wasnt as good as I am now back when the first side missions were on going. Made it a nice challenge.

Ill venture onto the Avengers game next (once I get that and price goes down a bit) but its going to take a lot to match this game in terms of being fun especially when traveling around the city.

AaronRedDevil

Yeah just finished it - got 100%. Felt satisfying doing that, and getting the different suits and all powers on top.
It probably made it more fun that I wasnt as good as I am now back when the first side missions were on going. Made it a nice challenge.

Ill venture onto the Avengers game next (once I get that and price goes down a bit) but its going to take a lot to match this game in terms of being fun especially when traveling around the city.
I played the avengers for a couple of hours. Wasnt really enjoyable after the first mission. It was a disaster and it got really repetitive.

Spiderman on the other hand was brilliant in every way. Cant wait for the Miles Morales one.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Good to hear the game was so positively received, I'm excited to give this a go for the first time on PS5, I imagine it will look stunning graphically too.

AaronRedDevil

Can I still play spiderman on the ps5 if i own it. It's just that it wont be the upgraded version. Correct?

Tiber

I have heard Avengers is pretty medicore

Sylar

Ah that sounds annoying @Tiber @AaronRedDevil
was hoping Avengers would take the best bits and somehow improve upon it

Instead I wanna hope for a true spider verse game :p